Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think Levein will probably retire. His reputation is not good on the football front. 

McPhee will get a job  possibly abroad.

Maybe his mate JC will give him a job.

This is like Chrimbo Eve's Eve!!!!

Jokes a side, and no one to blame but himself, but what a sad state of affairs CL has left his legacy in/at...

Been done to death but for someone like me, soon to be 39 years young (!), I grew up worshiping him, Robbo etc etc and his legacy should have been cemented, and was on track up until Robbie Neilson left, and from there its been one helluva Hibsing it from him...

Bizarre and almost no logic to what he has inflicted on the club and the mindset fostered by the players, lead by him...

Sad, very sad 🙁

AM will likely, as others have said, not be tarnished outwith the UK by events and do ok for himself somewhere far far away from Gorgie....

Edited by GavK1012

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think Levein will probably retire. His reputation is not good on the football front. 

Our Japanese players’ interpreter for sky sports? 

Randy Marsh
23 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Ann wouldn’t have a finger touched on Craig.  Probably a Rolex in a box with a video of his best bits over the past five years lasting 30 secs with special words from Martin, God is God and Connor Salmon. 

On top of a £5 free bet for Ladbrokes. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think that would be best for him but he’s pretty much always worked. I’d imagine he’ll look to continue to be involved in football at some level. 

Hope that the review of the medical department and 'other things' have all been completed.

And that there is somebody suitably trained up to work with AM Sports on the vital work of giving them cash to organise links with Global Ambassadors and children's football teams in the Mid West USA.

11 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This can’t happen soon enough by the way... it’ll be nice to see some of the thickest ***** on the planet - who “support Hearts” - getting behind the club again.

Those guys have moved on from hating him to wanting Jim Duffy as manager. 

19 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Just a contempt manager who doesn’t waste millions would be fine, don’t you think? 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Just a contempt manager who doesn’t waste millions would be fine, don’t you think? 

Freudian slip?

:lol:  

17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

My post wasn’t a defence of Levein. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

For some reason I remember a story about Levein and Duffy being at a function and them nearly having a square go. Sticks in my mind. 

31 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

For some reason I remember a story about Levein and Duffy being at a function and them nearly having a square go. Sticks in my mind. 

Be a decent scrap in all fairness.  I can imagine Levein nearly having a square go with a lot of footballers, he’s not exactly popular. 

Edited by Last Laff

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

This is like Chrimbo Eve's Eve!!!!

Jokes a side, and no one to blame but himself, but what a sad state of affairs CL has left his legacy in/at...

Been done to death but for someone like me, soon to be 39 years young (!), I grew up worshiping him, Robbo etc etc and his legacy should have been cemented, and was on track up until Robbie Neilson left, and from there its been one helluva Hibsing it from him...

Bizarre and almost no logic to what he has inflicted on the club and the mindset fostered by the players, lead by him...

Sad, very sad 🙁

AM will likely, as others have said, not be tarnished outwith the UK by events and do ok for himself somewhere far far away from Gorgie....

Aye, there was that massive job McPhee turned down in (checks notes) India. Maybe they’ll be able to tempt him now.

Mind when the EEN printed that tale as if him not going to Delhi or wherever was some massive coup for us? :rofl:It’s high time someone actually did some close analysis of him because it wouldn’t be pretty.

22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Be a decent scrap in all fairness.  I can imagine Levein nearly having a square go with a lot of footballers, he’s not exactly popular. 

Think this was when they were young managers. 

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Think this was when they were young managers. 

Still be a decent bout.  Neither to be messed with in football.  I always thought Levein reminded me of Clark Kent.  Then he was superman defender.

Edited by Last Laff

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He can’t afford to retire. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

He can’t afford to retire. 

He was on millions at Scotland he sat tight and took when sacked (as he did Leicester, as he’s doing now) He must have a pretty penny. And you get told failure doesn’t get rewarded.  

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He was on millions at Scotland he sat tight and took when sacked (as he did Leicester, as he’s doing now) He must have a pretty penny. And you get told failure doesn’t get rewarded.  

He seems to take over a large part of some people's lives.

27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Still be a decent bout.  Neither to be messed with in football.  I always thought Levein reminded me of Clark Kent.  Then he was superman defender.

Was deeking YouTube last night and the Mercer derby was on. What a player he was. I was ten at the time. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nice epitaph 

And the real reason?

He knew he was getting a hard enough time from the Hun fans upon his return. They’d threatened his family and all sorts after he left Ibrox.

Whilst it wouldn’t have been to the same degree, he didn’t want Hibs fans holding a grudge also.

He chose the easier option and the quieter life. I don’t blame him, tbh. He’d made his money.

The boy was Hearts daft. His family still are.

Edited by Whatever

Midloth_Iain

Levein currently "starring" on BBC Scotland re-run of Scotland v Sweden 1990 😁

14 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

He was excellent that night.

HillmanHearts
26 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

He fecken strolled that game.

English TV panel said he was MOM.

Scottish TV panel hardly mentioned him. 

Scottish fitba has always been full pricks.

2 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

He fecken strolled that game.

English TV panel said he was MOM.

Scottish TV panel hardly mentioned him. 

Scottish fitba has always been full pricks.

One of the great all time Scotland team performances. 

Just a shame you need to win more than 1 game. 

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Indeed mate indeed.

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Doubt he's got a huge amount tucked away. Ladbrokes on the other hand "might" not have done too badly.

One more sleep.  I hate to say this but because of the way he has hung around on pay for 4 months, I don't think he should be welcome back at Tynecastle.  He obviously should have accepted his catastrophic level of failure and stepped out quietly.

28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Indeed mate indeed.

I'm struggling to see what is "indeed" about the silly statement about failure being rewarded.

CL was replaced as manager some months ago and if we had sacked him there and then he would have received  full payment of his contract at a time when possibly cash flow was important to the club.  As it happened he was kept on and for the last 3 months  or so of his contract is/has been receiving half pay.  If we assume he was on £5k pw in his dual role that's around £30k gross he has lost out on. 

That's a funny way of being rewarded, don't you think?

Edited by JamboAl

Worthing Jambo
24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

One more sleep.  I hate to say this but because of the way he has hung around on pay for 4 months, I don't think he should be welcome back at Tynecastle.  He obviously should have accepted his catastrophic level of failure and stepped out quietly.

Are you sure this time Doug? 😁

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm struggling to see what is "indeed" about the silly statement about failure being rewarded.

CL was replaced as manager some months ago and if we had sacked him there and then he would have received  full payment of his contract at a time when possibly cash flow was important to the club.  As it happened he was kept on and for the last 3 months  or so of his contract is/has been receiving half pay.  If we assume he was on £5k pw in his dual role that's around £30k gross he has lost out on. 

As it happened the club could have furloughed him, as it did with other staff. Using your figures, that would have saved the club 30 grand compared to half wages. But it would have cost Craig £22500 gross.

Funny how CL bit the club's hand off, don't you think?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nice epitaph 

48 games in shree years, high earner, sounds about right.

4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Was deeking YouTube last night and the Mercer derby was on. What a player he was. I was ten at the time. 

He really was sensational.  Not that I appreciated it at the time. Super Henry as last line when he somehow had to he been beaten. Great days. Spent every Saturday in the family enclosure with my grandad usually firing up the back because we got drenched in our season ticket seats.  Great days. 

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Levein is still being paid for being a complete **** up, losing the club millions. 

You’re the number one cheerleader.  Stendel came in and is taking no wage, while your hero is taking half.  What a ****ing hero. 

Edited by Last Laff

Rick Sanchez

I'll be renewing with a nice cold one when the news is announced on Sunday or Monday. 

Can't ****ing wait! 

12 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

As it happened the club could have furloughed him, as it did with other staff. Using your figures, that would have saved the club 30 grand compared to half wages. But it would have cost Craig £22500 gross.

Funny how CL bit the club's hand off, don't you think?

And how would a lesser loss have rewarded him.

IIRC he accepted half pay before we accepted furlough.

been here before
9 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Alba now showing a programme about Levein bigging himself up🤮

Im watching the same programme but thats not what its about.

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Levein is still being paid for being a complete **** up, losing the club millions. 

You’re the number one cheerleader.  Stendel came in and is taking no wage, while your hero is taking half.  What a ****ing hero. 

Indeed mate INDEED!!

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Let’s be honest. His departure will result in about 40 renewals.

Have you calculated that scientifically? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Oh dear - when you're on the back foot and losing miserably let's resort to playing the man instead of owning up to your total failure to understand what went on.  Whether he lost or made millions is not the point here: it is whether he was rewarded for failure.

Pointing out a huge misconception in your post is hardly cheerleading, even your hero Michael Stewart would tell you that.

What Stendel did was magnificent, and Dikamona likewise, but again not entirely relevant.  You really need to try and put CL out of your mind as it cannot be doing your health any good.

8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Let’s be honest. His departure will result in about 40 renewals.

:) How on earth would you know how many renewals his departure will result in? Or is that you totalling your friends and acquaintances for whom you know this to be true?

Randy Marsh
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh dear - when you're on the back foot and losing miserably let's resort to playing the man instead of owning up to your total failure to understand what went on.  Whether he lost or made millions is not the point here: it is whether he was rewarded for failure.

Pointing out a huge misconception in your post is hardly cheerleading, even your hero Michael Stewart would tell you that.

What Stendel did was magnificent, and Dikamona likewise, but again not entirely relevant.  You really need to try and put CL out of your mind as it cannot be doing your health any good.

I think you do as well.  You always post on this thread.  Can't help yourself. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Absolutely

Indeed.