Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And how would a lesser loss have rewarded him.

IIRC he accepted half pay before we accepted furlough.

So he accepted 30000 from the club when the alternative was 7500 from the government. He's been rewarded for something, people can make up their own minds whether it was success or failure.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

So he accepted 30000 from the club when the alternative was 7500 from the government. He's been rewarded for something, people can make up their own minds whether it was success or failure.

Is that a fact?

46 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Let’s be honest. His departure will result in about 40 renewals.

Exactly. Hardly a ****ing ticket tsunami. It’ll coincide with pay day for many too though, so it’ll be dressed up as such.

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Are you sure this time Doug? 😁

I'm absolutely sure.  When I think of his shambolic reign it makes my blood boil.

Shame to see someone lose legend status which he had in my eyes, but that's exactly what has happened imo.

Staying on the staff for 4 months was the last straw.

I think the best thing about him leaving will be being able to talk about the many good things he’s done. I find the OTT shit-flinging nauseating.

Paisley Jambo
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm absolutely sure.  When I think of his shambolic reign it makes my blood boil.

Shame to see someone lose legend status which he had in my eyes, but that's exactly what has happened imo.

Exactly where I am.

Levein is the worst thing to happen to this club in many years.

Arrogant footballing dinosaur.

I hope he never ever darkens our door again.

Paisley Jambo
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think the best thing about him leaving will be being able to talk about the many good things he’s done. I find the OTT shit-flinging nauseating.

Honestly not trying to be a smart arse, but could you list one good thing Levein has done for the club that is currently in place.

23 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I've used your numbers, you tell me.

I think he opted for half pay before the club took advantage of furlough so at the time he didn't have the alternative.  Whether he was brought in to the scheme I do not know but the point is not so much what it cost the club as to what he sacrificed.  If he sacrified even one penny then that does not constiture reward for failure!

6 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Exactly where I am.

Levein is the worst thing to happen to this club in many years.

Arrogant footballing dinosaur.

I hope he never ever darkens our door again.

The architect of our downfall he has single handedly set the club back years

Randy Marsh

I love this thread.  I would like to see it in the classics after he is gone.  That way their is an opportunity for some to discuss their hero and all these amazing things he done for Hearts. 

Paisley Jambo
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

I love this thread.  I would like to see it in the classics after he is gone.  That way their is an opportunity for some to discuss their hero and all these amazing things he done for Hearts. 

Seriously, what has he done?

Not looking for a spat I just can’t think of anything positive Craig W Levein has done.

5 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Honestly not trying to be a smart arse, but could you list one good thing Levein has done for the club that is currently in place.

Many of the best things he did are no longer still in place tbh, mate. He was my favourite player for a long time.

I suppose if you want me to name things under those specific guidelines, much of it would be the part he’s played in our history. His performances on the pitch, the derbies as our manager, wins against Celtic as manager, two third place finishes on the bounce, European wins etc. 

Other than that, some of the players he brought to Hearts or nurtured as our manager.

Those are the things I’ll remember, and enjoy watching. I’m already over how bad a job he did towards the end of his second tenure. 

Paisley Jambo

Again, not being smart but all these are from first spell as manager in 2000-04.

If only he’d left it there.

We all have the right to remember him as we wish but I’ll remember him for the absolute arrogant mess he made of the club in his second spell.

2 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Again, not being smart but all these are from first spell as manager in 2000-04.

If only he’d left it there.

We all have the right to remember him as we wish but I’ll remember him for the absolute arrogant mess he made of the club in his second spell.

Not all of them. Some good results v them and them this time around. 

My post was that I look forward to him leaving so I can go back to just remembering the good times. There were plenty in his time with us as a player, captain, manager, and Director of football.

I don’t enjoy Hearts legends being abused. I appreciate you engaging with me in a non-pathetic manner on this subject. Too many do not.

Worthing Jambo
44 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think we all thought the outcome would be so much different.

I hate to admit it but I felt something was missing after we were promoted, but!

The complaints in the Robbie era reminded me of the sheep fans in the 90s, be careful what you wish for.

The football was draining but we were up there.

I always remember a throw away comment after a game at Easter road when Stubbs was under pressure.

Levein apparently told Dempster “whatever you do, don’t listen to the fans.”

I think Ann Budge followed that mantra for too long.

There may be idiots but not all of us are.

Any business that doesn’t listen is asking for trouble.

I think Ann knew that but thought football may be different.

She should have followed her instincts.

Tik tok 2 days to go now🎉🎉🍺🥂🍺 club and Country are still in a crisis yet he still takes a wage😠 😠 the man has no shame 🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I think you do as well.  You always post on this thread.  Can't help yourself. 

BOOM!!

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Many of the best things he did are no longer still in place tbh, mate. He was my favourite player for a long time.

I suppose if you want me to name things under those specific guidelines, much of it would be the part he’s played in our history. His performances on the pitch, the derbies as our manager, wins against Celtic as manager, two third place finishes on the bounce, European wins etc. 

Other than that, some of the players he brought to Hearts or nurtured as our manager.

Those are the things I’ll remember, and enjoy watching. I’m already over how bad a job he did towards the end of his second tenure. 

How can you be already over it when his shambolic reign has left us right now in a shit storm??

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How can you be already over it when his shambolic reign has left us right now in a shit storm??

Because I’m not a cretin. 

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

It will also give people the opportunity to marvel at your grasp of the English language.

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not all of them. Some good results v them and them this time around. 

My post was that I look forward to him leaving so I can go back to just remembering the good times. There were plenty in his time with us as a player, captain, manager, and Director of football.

I don’t enjoy Hearts legends being abused. I appreciate you engaging with me in a non-pathetic manner on this subject. Too many do not.

This clown is no legend. He is no Hearts fan either. Wasted money on dross and was responsible for our slow decline which has left us relegated. What he has done to this great club is unforgivable. 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Oh dear - when you're on the back foot and losing miserably let's resort to playing the man instead of owning up to your total failure to understand what went on.  Whether he lost or made millions is not the point here: it is whether he was rewarded for failure.

Pointing out a huge misconception in your post is hardly cheerleading, even your hero Michael Stewart would tell you that.

What Stendel did was magnificent, and Dikamona likewise, but again not entirely relevant.  You really need to try and put CL out of your mind as it cannot be doing your health any good.

What are you on about? On the back foot, where about?  
The Craig Levein “out your mind, obsessed” chat ironically comes from people like you who come on here and feel the need to try and defend the defenceless, who have nothing back by going “obsessed” and it would somehow be funny if he got another job at the club to wind up and troll genuine supporters who realise how much he’s set the club back in a era that was a clean slate and we should be thriving - not kicking about begging for league reconstruction because of one person only. 

You care about Levein more than hmfc.  It’s pathetic. 

Can you give your opinion on why Craig Levein is still taking a wage our our pockets when Stendel isn’t?  Why he didn’t resign in November instead of fleecing us as he did Leicester and the national job?  The guy has no morals, wouldn’t you agree?  Would you do similar? 

You slagged off others for being on furlough.  Your man has ripped clubs off especially the one you claim to support instead of having any dignity in resigning.  And that is fact. Money, out money pay his wages still and you going “blah blah blah he’s not doing anything at the club” doesn’t matter, he’s ripping the pish out of each and every one of us until his contract is completed because it’s not even Ann Budge’s money - it’s OURS. That’s why it matters.

Aye mod, banned off thread, I know. FTH

Daniel Stendel has shown up Levein what. proper man and A proper manager is.  Cares about our club more too. 

Edited by Last Laff

So will levein be leaving at midnight 2nite or will he be a stubborn goat & leave at 11:59pm 2moro nite? 🤣🤣🤣

Randy Marsh
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It will also give people the opportunity to marvel at your grasp of the English language.

Well no because I won't be posting on the thread once he's gone.  You however.......... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Randy Marsh
7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

So you don't like insults being directed at your hero but it's okay for you to abuse fellow posters?  I got a warning for less than this yesterday as someone reported me to the mods.🤔   I think I'll bow out of this thread for now and revisit when the celebrations start on Monday.😂

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

The architect of our downfall he has single handedly set the club back years

His arrogance and ego destroyed his reputation. The pursuance of failure was ridiculous. He could have changed many times but was unable. Shame :(

Ann budge has done way more good than anything esle, but she was spellbound on this one. 

Hope she doesnt hand the responsibility for our recovery to any more, who cant motivate footballers to win important matches.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

So you don't like insults being directed at your hero but it's okay for you to abuse fellow posters?  I got a warning for less than this yesterday as someone reported me to the mods.🤔   I think I'll bow out of this thread for now and revisit when the celebrations start on Monday.😂

Didn’t call anyone a cretin. I stated that I’m not one. Up to you how you decide to conduct yourself. 

2 hours ago, rubyruby said:

So will levein be leaving at midnight 2nite or will he be a stubborn goat & leave at 11:59pm 2moro nite? 🤣🤣🤣

My money is on the latter option.

This thread should be fun on Monday when the club thank Levein and MacPhee for ‘their efforts’ 😂

10 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

May I be the first poster to say that I am happy that you are not physically deformed and have learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Well no because I won't be posting on the thread once he's gone.  You however.......... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thank heaven for that.

That was wise of you to use emojis.  To hide your difficulties with spelling etc?

51 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

May I be the first poster to say that I am happy that you are not physically deformed and have learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.

Yes you may. Thank you.

46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Thank heaven for that.

That was wise of you to use emojis.  To hide your difficulties with spelling etc?

unfortunately you using emojis wouldn’t disguise your idiocy

7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

What are you on about? On the back foot, where about?  

You're always on the back foot.
The Craig Levein “out your mind, obsessed” chat ironically comes from people like you who come on here and feel the need to try and defend the defenceless, who have nothing back by going “obsessed” and it would somehow be funny if he got another job at the club to wind up and troll genuine supporters who realise how much he’s set the club back in a era that was a clean slate and we should be thriving - not kicking about begging for league reconstruction because of one person only. 
Did I say that?  Did I actually DEFEND him as opposed to highlighting your septic drivel?

I think he should make a clean break but i have to admit I would p*iss my breeks laffing at you and your like heading rowards combustion

You care about Levein more than hmfc.  It’s pathetic. 

What is pathetic is your unhidden admiration for Michael Stewart.  Good old Michael!

Can you give your opinion on why Craig Levein is still taking a wage our our pockets when Stendel isn’t?  Why he didn’t resign in November instead of fleecing us as he did Leicester and the national job?  The guy has no morals, wouldn’t you agree?  Would you do similar? 

I shall repeat what I said earlier in the thread for your benefit

CL was replaced as manager some months ago and if we had sacked him there and then he would have received  full payment of his contract at a time when possibly cash flow was important to the club.  As it happened he was kept on and for the last 3 months  or so of his contract is/has been receiving half pay.  If we assume he was on £5k pw in his dual role that's around £30k gross he has lost out on. 

You slagged off others for being on furlough.  Your man has ripped clubs off especially the one you claim to support instead of having any dignity in resigning.  And that is fact. Money, out money pay his wages still and you going “blah blah blah he’s not doing anything at the club” doesn’t matter, he’s ripping the pish out of each and every one of us until his contract is completed because it’s not even Ann Budge’s money - it’s OURS. That’s why it matters.

I did not slag anyone off for being on furlough.  I challenged someone about the possibillity of double standards.

As regards what happened with Scotland and Leicester I (and you probably) don'r know the full facts but nevertheless such an accusation would have had more credence if you had highlighted it BEFORE he came back to us.  Did you?

Aye mod, banned off thread, I know. FTH

What is this supposed to mean?

Daniel Stendel has shown up Levein what. proper man and A proper manager is.  Cares about our club more too. 

DS has behaved in exemplary fashion and so has Clevid.

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

unfortunately you using emojis wouldn’t disguise your idiocy

I am an idiot only for answering your childish, inane jibe.

Decent trolling though!

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I am an idiot only for answering your childish, inane jibe.

Decent trolling though!

Glad you agree you’re an idiot. This thread is riddled with your continual defence of Levein.

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Glad you agree you’re an idiot. This thread is riddled with your continual defence of Levein.

Thread is riddled with your constant trolling with nothing to say on the subject of the thread.

Time you grew up and sropped your childish bitching.

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Thread is riddled with your constant trolling with nothing to say on the subject of the thread.

Time you grew up and sropped your childish bitching.

Stopped. 

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Agreed.

Must improve my typing skills!

😂👍 Me too. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Any tips today Craig? 

:lol: 

What a fantastic, imaginative troll.  Well done.

Go to the top of the class.

TIP:  Never tie your lace in a revolving door.

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

😂👍 Me too. 

Not knowing the difference between "there" and "their" is hardly a typing discrepancy

nor

when to use "did" and "done"

but if it makes you happy, I'll agree.

Just now, JamboAl said:

What a fantastic, imaginative troll.  Well done.

Go to the top of the class.

TIP:  Never tie your lace in a revolving door.

Thanks Al. 

:smile:

Last page or so with all the mentions of trolls got me thinking of this

Edited by Fraggle

Randy Marsh
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not knowing the difference between "there" and "their" is hardly a typing discrepancy

nor

when to use "did" and "done"

but if it makes you happy, I'll agree.

Using 'their' instead of 'there' was actually a predictive text posting from my phone so that one was a typing discrepancy.  Obviously I made similar mistake to you by not proof reading before posting.  I'll give you the other one though as that was poor.  

Only one more day until the loser and his assistant are done with the club for good 

:jjyay:

feels like Christmas Eve