Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

baxterd1974

He took 50% wages, whilst having no real job and whilst our actual manager took nothing.  That was a final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned.  Anyone in his position with any moral fibre would have walked right at the start of the lockdown.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

A sad ending to his time here.  If only he had taken the decision to go after the Cup Final his legacy would have been different. 

With the cup run we had and the teams had to face regardless of horrific league form it opened up for a perfect goodbye, ignoring and papering over the massive cracks - give a new guy to work with the biggest ever budget the clubs ever given a manager.  But no, not him.  And the. Didn’t even less when this season turned to shite. 

Clerry Jambo

NgE5bDdY_reasonably_small.jpg

I’d like to thank for my time there even if it was for a short spell. The fans stuck by me when I had glandular fever & sent me a lot of positive messages which will stick by me forever. My loan didn’t go as I planned as me & the club had goals and ambitions. (1/2)

"For a year or so now I've been looking, and I realised to get to the English Premiership, where I wanted to be, it would be difficult to do that from a provincial club, which Hearts are."

I wonder if we'll hear from him this time around?

David Black
6 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

He took 50% wages, whilst having no real job and whilst our actual manager took nothing.  That was a final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned.  Anyone in his position with any moral fibre would have walked right at the start of the lockdown.

Agreed.

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

"For a year or so now I've been looking, and I realised to get to the English Premiership, where I wanted to be, it would be difficult to do that from a provincial club, which Hearts are."

This quote has always been ignored by the fan boys. 

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

NgE5bDdY_reasonably_small.jpg

I’d like to thank for my time there even if it was for a short spell. The fans stuck by me when I had glandular fever & sent me a lot of positive messages which will stick by me forever. My loan didn’t go as I planned as me & the club had goals and ambitions. (1/2)

Looked very promising. Would take him back in a flash. Good luck Toby. 

Now the vast majority of our fans are happy that Levein and to a lesser extent McPhee have left Hearts.

Now the  3 main priorities before we can look forward to playing football again.

1. Raising funds from Season Tickets, Donations, Our new Strip, FOH, and Business inverstment.

2. Taking on the SPFL and the League clubs by League reconstruction or in the Courts.

3. A world renowned football expert or organisation to reorganised the football management department.

25 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nah he is.  He’s done less damage to the club than Levein has though.  Levein has set us back years, Jackson writes in a fanzine JamboAl reads. 

On line, my friend.

It helps to know what muck spreaders write so one can be prepared.

I even read your posts: that's how low I stoop sometimes.

PS I'm sure you will not only read it but buy it as well.  There's a strong Rangers bias Laff.

29 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

The one and only Penn Jillette.

‘kin’ell’... not a good look. 😬

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Mothy I admire your loyalty to Levein I really do. His second spell ended after almost an entire year of unrelenting misery on the park, which you have acknowledged, and this understandably upset the vast majority of our support particularly as relative to our peers in the league we spent decent money on what turned out to be duds. Major mistakes were made. In time the rawness of this period may have dulled due to his previous service as a fantastic player and decent manager in tricky circumstances when he first took over. However, what particularly galls me and probably a lot of other people is rather than walk away when he was removed and forego the money due on the rest of his contract because he had made such a colossal mess he chose to hang around and collect every penny. If he was truly Hearts, a fan from childhood, he would not have done that and you could argue if he had any humility he wouldn't have stuck around either. Now some people might say, ah but would you have walked away from that money in his position, a fair question in some ways. Levein has compared to many of us here earned a lot of money in recent years, particularly when you factor in the Scotland pay off, he could surely have afforded it. To put this in perspective I would compare his actions to Gordon Strachan (a guy who I have very little time for to be honest) leaving Middlesbrough. He tore up his contract and walked away with zero compensation as he admitted to making a mess of things in his time in charge. Levein has never uttered a contrite word in public never mind walked away with nothing and ultimately that is why he will be viewed as a pariah forever in the eyes of many fans. 

Well put.

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You would’ve thought he would realise what a province is, seeing as he comes from one. 

If anyone thinks Craig Levein will now have noting to do with hearts following his contract expiring really doesn't know how deep into this club he has his claws. 

3 hours ago, Locky said:

I just can't bring myself to hate or even dislike Levein. As for McPhee? I don't really get the hate for him at all. I agree Levein's time was up and he should've been gone sooner, I'm not blinded by my respect for him. But I just really can't bring myself to dislike them.

The truth is, it is quite sad that it didn't work out and that Levein's legacy at the club ended as it did. Deep down, he loves Hearts and hates Hibs so he's alright when it boils down to it. And at the end of the day, we've all realised recently there's a bit more to life than football.

Stay safe and healthy Craig and enjoy what I guess is retirement. Best of luck for your future career Austin.

This is where I am at. Levein is a jambo for sure but he outstayed his welcome, which normally always happens, and is the one reason I don’t want Robbo back.

All those wanting Robbo back will be baying for his blood if results don’t go our way. Just don’t want anybody who has a real connection with Hearts to be welcomed back, and sadly for me Levein is in that category. He majorly ****ed up for sure, but there have been many terrible decisions behind the scenes as well. Budge has made plenty huge monumental mistakes, but as a fan I’m still behind her, why wouldn’t you. Too many fans take things just too personally with individuals. 

10 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

If anyone thinks Craig Levein will now have noting to do with hearts following his contract expiring really doesn't know how deep into this club he has his claws. 

Are you able to elaborate on that?  

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

His second spell ended after almost an entire year of unrelenting misery on the park, which you have acknowledged, and this understandably upset the vast majority of our support particularly as relative to our peers in the league we spent decent money on what turned out to be duds. Major mistakes were made. In time the rawness of this period may have dulled due to his previous service as a fantastic player and decent manager in tricky circumstances when he first took over. However, what particularly galls me and probably a lot of other people is rather than walk away when he was removed and forego the money due on the rest of his contract because he had made such a colossal mess he chose to hang around and collect every penny. If he was truly Hearts, a fan from childhood, he would not have done that and you could argue if he had any humility he wouldn't have stuck around either. Now some people might say, ah but would you have walked away from that money in his position, a fair question in some ways. Levein has compared to many of us here earned a lot of money in recent years, particularly when you factor in the Scotland pay off, he could surely have afforded it. To put this in perspective I would compare his actions to Gordon Strachan (a guy who I have very little time for to be honest) leaving Middlesbrough. He tore up his contract and walked away with zero compensation as he admitted to making a mess of things in his time in charge. Levein has never uttered a contrite word in public never mind walked away with nothing and ultimately that is why he will be viewed as a pariah forever in the eyes of many fans. 

Well said. 

Those who wish ill on him are out of order just as those who are praising him to wind up other Hearts fans. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

And it starts. 😎

Psychedelicropcircle

We have improved as a team without kicking a ball. 

This is is what happens when power makes you unaccountable. 

35 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Are you able to elaborate on that?  

I heard that he owned or part owned the catering company at Tynecastle. Don't know if true .

46 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

He stormed out saying "I'm never ever ever ever coming back!". 

Probably 😆

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Djnoisy said:

:vrwow:
Could you elaborate?

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Kdy jambo said:

I heard that he owned or part owned the catering company at Tynecastle. Don't know if true .

The subsidiary company that he resigned as director from in October 2019?

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Good post Colin, however tar and feathering is far too good for that cretin jackson. I'd have him suffer the same fate as Joan of Arc if I could

Thanks!  I'm surprised the infants class hasn't been onto me about that not being "very Christian."

PS Just to make clear the use of religion to burn Joan at the stake was nothing to do with Christianity and everything to do with politics.  Thought I would just get that in.

colinmaroon

Phew!  And I thought a skunk stank!  

I think all true Hearts supporters are the same .... the club gets to you, has a special place in your heart and you can’t let go - HHGH

been here before
1 hour ago, Kdy jambo said:

Aye?

What else have you "heard"?

Cannae be. The scran is okay

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Cannae be. The scran is okay

The mince pies are ****in horrendous.

The crusts are so dried and cooked past saving that its like eating shrapnel. 

As for the 'meat'...

Edited by been here before

5 hours ago, jambali said:

Renewed this morning

Good man/woman. I still haven’t but will this week before deadline.

The Real Maroonblood

Sounds a lot of mince.

Vlad Magic

Perhaps we should have a poll? We haven’t had a poll involving Levein in weeks.

Maybe a poll about how long before he comes back in a new role?

That should keep the thread going for months.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Makes it all the better then. Forgot the millions squandered in that case. 

It doesn't, but if we're going to ripping folk for poor records it's best to get it right. 

The line CL left us bottom is trotted out alot and tbh it's fake news. 

He left us second bottom as manager in December. 

Still shite, granted 👍

2 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

Bit of a wild statement with nothing to back it up.  

been here before
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Bit of a wild statement with nothing to back it up.  

One of 2 things will happen-

Poster doesnt back it up or

Poster backs it up with a "I cant say but Ive heard..."... type vagueness.

ford donald
25 minutes ago, been here before said:

This whole thread should be put to bed,they are gone,thankfully.

44 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Good news.

No rush now.

👍😁

Yes there is.  Club needs the money 

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Not a fanboy no matter how many times you say it.

I am not a Levein Bile Spewer either and that comes from your hatred within.

Despite all your septic utterances, guess what?  It was all in vain and a waste of your hot air because he left on the day he was contracted to leave as contracted to leave.  Your disgraceful attitude has achieved, nowt, zilch zero.  Loser!  :rudi:

You say you support the team.  We'll soon see, now that he's gone  - until you find another target

:rudi:

Not a fanboy? Don’t make me laugh! 😂Every thread where NUMEROUS Hearts fans criticised Levein you were right in there with your usual brand of arrogant sarcasm, some of it that was disgraceful.

And what did all your support of Levein achieve? A team and structure created by Levein that left us on the threshold of disaster! The big “loser” on here is you and your fellow fanboys who have been found out for the idiots you are.

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, been here before said:

Poster never to be seen again.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that not correct? 

Which part of that was wrong? 

The way way choose to interpret the information says more about you than anyone else. 

For some reason you see anything as an attempt to take sides. Strange. 

You seem more Keen on keeping up petty squabbles than saying anything factual or constructive. 

Which part of CL leaving as manager with us second bottom is not correct? 

There we go - Al’s wing man! 😂

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

There’s only two losers kicking about.  Levein and you.  Like Levein you’re an arrogant so and so also. 

Two pea’s in a pod! 😂

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Surely not the words of a “Hearts Legend”? 🤔

Vlad Magic
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Surely not the words of a “Hearts Legend”? 🤔

On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being the least and 100 the most.

How much do you hate Craig Levein?

Personally I’m hovering around 52 maybe 53?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

The mince pies are ****in horrendous.

The crusts are so dried and cooked past saving that its like eating shrapnel. 

As for the 'meat'...

My body is a temple so don’t eat pies 😀

Ive heard the curry is decent

On 31/05/2020 at 10:29, indianajones said:

Good ****ing riddance. 

Sums it up for me. Pair of clowns. 

Famous 1874

An important day for the club. Can’t believe that man just about single handily ****ed the whole club.