Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Actually, for his own health, he should have gone after the heart scare.

True its seemed almost like he lost all confidence after the health issues.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Class of 75
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Would have been nice to see him win something. 

Indeed, though I think the Cup Final papered over the cracks. The squad was unfit and sub standard. 

colinmaroon

It was undoubtedly a mistake to keep him on so long but, I will not join the tar and feathers mob.

I wish him all the best and, particularly, good health.

PS I will provide the tar and feathers for Jackson with pleasure.  I know who the real enemy are.

Edited by colinmaroon

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Persistently slating the manager is a good sign of your love for the club?

Aye right.

Who will be your next target, oh wonderful supporter?

Thoughts and prayers for you at this difficult time.

27 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

1e2.gif

Into the trash they go.

:glorious:

Who’s in that gif? Paul Gadd/Gary Glitter?

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It was undoubtedly a mistake to keep him on so long but, I will not join the tar and feathers mob.

PS I will provide the tar and feathers for Jackson with pleasure.  I know who the real enemy are.

Keith Jackson cost hearts millions and left us with the worst team in the Scottish Premiership? 

I just can't bring myself to hate or even dislike Levein. As for McPhee? I don't really get the hate for him at all. I agree Levein's time was up and he should've been gone sooner, I'm not blinded by my respect for him. But I just really can't bring myself to dislike them.

The truth is, it is quite sad that it didn't work out and that Levein's legacy at the club ended as it did. Deep down, he loves Hearts and hates Hibs so he's alright when it boils down to it. And at the end of the day, we've all realised recently there's a bit more to life than football.

Stay safe and healthy Craig and enjoy what I guess is retirement. Best of luck for your future career Austin.

Being at the wrong end of the table is nothing new.

Having to endure turgid football is nothing new

Signing garbage players is nothing new.

But it's never been done with such a good budget.

Levein was out of his depth, unfortunately he and Budge couldn't see it until a lot of the club's money was wasted.

It's going to take a few years to unwind the damage he did.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Persistently slating the manager is a good sign of your love for the club?

Aye right.

Who will be your next target, oh wonderful supporter?

Wondered when you would pitch up!

I support the team not the man - there is a difference!
He was persistently getting slated because his performance was consistently shite!! Something you and your fellow fanboys seemed to forget!

Season ticket sales should go through the roof today or will the “not going back till Levein is away” mob just insert another name. Budge, John Murray, Boris Johnson

Press release is pretty underwhelming innit? Just sticking the 2 names Pivotal to our predicament in wi some players we’ve barely seen.

Onwards and, hopefully upwards we go

26 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thoughts and prayers for you at this difficult time.

😂😂👍

50 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Bit of a change of Heart for you Al is it not? 

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

True its seemed almost like he lost all confidence after the health issues.

I think that’s exactly what happened.

Sad that it turned out the way it did. We were flying before that, and it feels as though that was the pivotal moment. The injuries and poor decisions that followed compounded the situation. 

29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Keith Jackson cost hearts millions and left us with the worst team in the Scottish Premiership? 

You don’t think Keith Jackson is an enemy of our club? Seriously?

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I wouldn’t give him or the other red tops any comment.

let them make up shit & do their match reports but give them nothing else.

we can get our info from the club to keep us up to date as your more likely to get the truth.

Jean Louis Valois

Reading the comments about how its sad that it didnt work out. Is that not the understatement of the century!? I am delighted he's finally gone, but it's about 12 months too late and I'm afraid to say the damage has been done. Look where we are! Not a chance he should be welcomed back, he should be too ashamed to come near the club again.

7 minutes ago, sac said:

I wouldn’t give him or the other red tops any comment.

let them make up shit & do their match reports but give them nothing else.

we can get our info from the club to keep us up to date as your more likely to get the truth.

Off topic a little, but seeing as someone else brought Jackson’s name up on here...

I only became aware of Keith Jackson in the mid naughties through Ewen Cameron getting him on to his radio show. Never read the Record. Back then, Cameron used to play the part of the straight man stooge and set Jackson and others up for slagging off Hearts. He would then giggle away in the background. When challenged on this, he would state “I am a supporter of Scottish football.” “I’m not a Hearts supporter anymore, I stopped being one when I moved to UAE”. 

Jackson is absolutely an enemy of HMFC. He has displayed this time and time again through any platform available to him. His latest effort is a hatchet job on Budge and Hearts, turning a good news story for lower league clubs in to a way of building opinion against Hearts fighting their unfair expulsion from the Premiership. If that is not an enemy of our club, I don’t know what is.

He should be banned from Tynecastle.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Rick Sanchez

Season ticket renewed!

If Murray leaves I'll increase my pledge. This is the beginning of a new era and I'm absolutely delighted. 

Edited by Rick Sanchez

22 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Season ticket sales should go through the roof today or will the “not going back till Levein is away” mob just insert another name. Budge, John Murray, Boris Johnson

Press release is pretty underwhelming innit? Just sticking the 2 names Pivotal to our predicament in wi some players we’ve barely seen.

Onwards and, hopefully upwards we go

Renewed this morning

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:facepalm:

I stand by every word. He’s not the ****ing devil. He tried his best and he failed this time around. He’s put most of his life in to Hearts, and I don’t doubt his effort for one second. He’s also been involved with Hearts far longer than his second largely unsuccessful spell, and I don’t agree with ignoring that. He absolutely should be welcome back at Hearts as a supporter and former player/Captain/manager any time he wishes.

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I stand by every word. He’s not the ****ing devil. He tried his best and he failed this time around. He’s put most of his life in to Hearts, and I don’t doubt his effort for one second. He’s also been involved with Hearts far longer than his second largely unsuccessful spell, and I don’t agree with ignoring that. He absolutely should be welcome back at Hearts as a supporter and former player/Captain/manager any time he wishes.

and the man who set us on the course of disaster!

15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Mothy I admire your loyalty to Levein I really do. His second spell ended after almost an entire year of unrelenting misery on the park, which you have acknowledged, and this understandably upset the vast majority of our support particularly as relative to our peers in the league we spent decent money on what turned out to be duds. Major mistakes were made. In time the rawness of this period may have dulled due to his previous service as a fantastic player and decent manager in tricky circumstances when he first took over. However, what particularly galls me and probably a lot of other people is rather than walk away when he was removed and forego the money due on the rest of his contract because he had made such a colossal mess he chose to hang around and collect every penny. If he was truly Hearts, a fan from childhood, he would not have done that and you could argue if he had any humility he wouldn't have stuck around either. Now some people might say, ah but would you have walked away from that money in his position, a fair question in some ways. Levein has compared to many of us here earned a lot of money in recent years, particularly when you factor in the Scotland pay off, he could surely have afforded it. To put this in perspective I would compare his actions to Gordon Strachan (a guy who I have very little time for to be honest) leaving Middlesbrough. He tore up his contract and walked away with zero compensation as he admitted to making a mess of things in his time in charge. Levein has never uttered a contrite word in public never mind walked away with nothing and ultimately that is why he will be viewed as a pariah forever in the eyes of many fans. 

Good riddance! 

The damage he's done to the club over the past few years has bordered on the unthinkable, the architect that has caused us to drop to depths that we never thought we'd reach. Millions pissed up the wall, some of the worst football you'll ever have the displeasure of watching and he had the nerve to continue to take a wage from the club up until yesterday.

No one individual has done as much damage to HMFC post-administration.

It's the end of a disgraceful chapter in our history, but hopefully the beginning of a new one and we can begin to get away from the truly toxic culture that he created at the club (although that may take some time yet). Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Good post Colin, however tar and feathering is far too good for that cretin jackson. I'd have him suffer the same fate as Joan of Arc if I could

A sad ending to his time here.  If only he had taken the decision to go after the Cup Final his legacy would have been different. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

CL left as manager with us second bottom of the Scottish Premiership, so technically it was second worst. 

20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Mothy I admire your loyalty to Levein I really do. His second spell ended after almost an entire year of unrelenting misery on the park, which you have acknowledged, and this understandably upset the vast majority of our support particularly as relative to our peers in the league we spent decent money on what turned out to be duds. Major mistakes were made. In time the rawness of this period may have dulled due to his previous service as a fantastic player and decent manager in tricky circumstances when he first took over. However, what particularly galls me and probably a lot of other people is rather than walk away when he was removed and forego the money due on the rest of his contract because he had made such a colossal mess he chose to hang around and collect every penny. If he was truly Hearts, a fan from childhood, he would not have done that and you could argue if he had any humility he wouldn't have stuck around either. Now some people might say, ah but would you have walked away from that money in his position, a fair question in some ways. Levein has compared to many of us here earned a lot of money in recent years, particularly when you factor in the Scotland pay off, he could surely have afforded it. To put this in perspective I would compare his actions to Gordon Strachan (a guy who I have very little time for to be honest) leaving Middlesbrough. He tore up his contract and walked away with zero compensation as he admitted to making a mess of things in his time in charge. Levein has never uttered a contrite word in public never mind walked away with nothing and ultimately that is why he will be viewed as a pariah forever in the eyes of many fans. 

As you say, maybe he wasn’t able to walk away? Maybe Ann Budge didn’t want him to either. Perhaps she wanted him to stay on and provide a bit of help to her, in his diminished role? Who knows, I don’t. I suspect you don’t either though. He did take a wage cut as well remember, so it wasn’t “every penny”. A small point perhaps, but the truth.

As you said, I admit his second spell was largely unsuccessful, and I wanted him to step down a good while before he did. It was actually a home game v Motherwell that I came to the conclusion this wasn’t going turn around. Saw his team selection before the game and just could not see what he was thinking. 

I absolutely stand by my position on this though, he’s given most of his life to the club, and his involvement in many of our big moments is chiselled in to the stone of our history. I’ve pointed a few of them out already, so I won’t just list them down over and over again. If you sit and watch some YouTube videos of some of our most memorable and popular games though... there he is. As a player, a captain and a manager, and to a lesser extent a director of football.

He has been painted as some kind of devil though, and I absolutely cannot and will not get on board with that. Not when people are racing each other to the bottom to make the most distasteful remarks about him, to show they hate him more than the next guy. That’s total hysteria imo, and it’s stoked up by one or two individuals on here on an almost daily basis.

For me, he is responsible for good and bad, and he Is welcome back any time he likes.

Im sorry if that view upsets other people, but it’s how I feel on the matter. I respect your more balanced approach to disagreeing with me, and as such I always try and respond to you in the same manner as you do me. Respect.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Randy Marsh
7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

A sad ending to his time here.  If only he had taken the decision to go after the Cup Final his legacy would have been different. 

True.  But if he had left after the Cup Final then Ann Budge would have moved him back upstairs.  She then may have kept him on as the director beyond the season just ended and always been in her ear.  That may have been equally as bad so at least all ties have now been severed.  I will be celebrating tonight with a few craft beers. 🍺

ToadKiller Dog

I'm glad that he has gone ,but sad that its went this way ,should have been after the cup final ,I could have said after his health scare but that's unfair .

But to me the biggest mistake was the Cathro experiment not Leveins  time as manager .

After Robbie we needed a few seasons to solidify ourselves back at the top end with a proven manager  ,Levein took a high risk punt on Cathro .

But time to concentrate on getting past this period and moving forward. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL left as manager with us second bottom of the Scottish Premiership, so technically it was second worst. 

God loves a trier! 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

True.  But if he had left after the Cup Final then Ann Budge would have moved him back upstairs.  She then may have kept him on as the director beyond the season just ended and always been in her ear.  That may have been equally as bad so at least all ties have now been severed.  I will be celebrating tonight with a few craft beers. 🍺

Cheers! 🍻

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

God loves a trier! 😂😂😂

Is that not correct? 

Which part of that was wrong? 

The way way choose to interpret the information says more about you than anyone else. 

For some reason you see anything as an attempt to take sides. Strange. 

You seem more Keen on keeping up petty squabbles than saying anything factual or constructive. 

Which part of CL leaving as manager with us second bottom is not correct? 

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

As you say, maybe he wasn’t able to walk away? Maybe Ann Budge didn’t want him to either. Perhaps she wanted him to stay on and provide a bit of help to her, in his diminished role? Who knows, I don’t. I suspect you don’t either though. He did take a wage cut as well remember, so it wasn’t “every penny”. A small point perhaps, but the truth.

As you said, I admit his second spell was largely unsuccessful, and I wanted him to step down a good while before he did. It was actually a home game v Motherwell that I came to the conclusion this wasn’t going turn around. Saw his team selection before the game and just could not see what he was thinking. 

I absolutely stand by my position on this though, he’s given most of his life to the club, and his involvement in many of our big moments is chiselled in to the stone of our history. I’ve pointed a few of them out already, so I won’t just list them down over and over again. If you sit and watch some YouTube videos of some of our most memorable and popular games though... there he is. As a player, a captain and a manager, and to a lesser extent a director of football.

He has been painted as some kind of devil though, and I absolutely cannot and will not get on board with that. Not when people are racing each other to the bottom to make the most distasteful remarks about him, to show they hate him more than the next guy. That’s total hysteria imo, and it’s stoked up by one or two individuals on here on an almost daily basis.

For me, he is responsible for good and bad, and he Is welcome back any time he likes.

Im sorry if that view upsets other people, but it’s how I feel on the matter. I respect your more balanced approach to disagreeing with me, and as such I always try and respond to you in the same manner as you do me. Respect.

I don’t know know why he chose to stick around but I am certain Ann Budge would have been happy to let him go without payment had he chosen to and would have made that known to the support. I suppose in the end his class as a player was not reflected in his class as a man. Some of the petty squabbles he got caught up in were unnecessary and ironically I don't think that did him any favours with regard to his own health. I wish him no harm personally and some of the noise just now is exacerbated by our current troubles and the fact it is still raw. 

As always mate I respect your opinion  and the board is a place for the discussion of different views. Be kind though as they say these days!! 

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

As always mate I respect your opinion  and the board is a place for the discussion of different views. Be kind though as they say these days!! 

As always, I try to be, at least to those I respect. I don’t always manage it, and that’s on me.

40 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Also my thoughts on the matter. Most fans would have accepted him moving back upstairs to make way for a new manager. 

Likewise, when he was relieved of his managerial duties the sensible thing to do would have been to immediately walk away in a dignified manner.

Not sorry to to see him go but not celebrating either.

Class of 75
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Well put my friend. Sums up my feelings also. 👍

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Aye, aye. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to facepalm the **** out of it.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:pleasing:

^^^^ This.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wondered when you would pitch up!

I support the team not the man - there is a difference!
He was persistently getting slated because his performance was consistently shite!! Something you and your fellow fanboys seemed to forget!

Not a fanboy no matter how many times you say it.

I am not a Levein Bile Spewer either and that comes from your hatred within.

Despite all your septic utterances, guess what?  It was all in vain and a waste of your hot air because he left on the day he was contracted to leave as contracted to leave.  Your disgraceful attitude has achieved, nowt, zilch zero.  Loser!  :rudi:

You say you support the team.  We'll soon see, now that he's gone  - until you find another target

:rudi:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Makes it all the better then. Forgot the millions squandered in that case. 

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Despite all your septic utterances, guess what?  It was all in vain and a waste of your hot air because he left on the day he was contracted to leave as contracted to leave.  Your disgraceful attitude has achieved, nowt, zilch zero.  Loser!  :rudi:

You say you support the team.  We'll soon see, now that he's gone  - until you find another target

There’s only two losers kicking about.  Levein and you.  Like Levein you’re an arrogant so and so also. 

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nah he is.  He’s done less damage to the club than Levein has though.  Levein has set us back years, Jackson writes in a fanzine JamboAl reads. 

Marty Byrde
3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Who’s in that gif? Paul Gadd/Gary Glitter?

The one and only Penn Jillette.

Randy Marsh
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The hurt is strong with this one. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Outstanding post and it’s where a lot of anger stems from.  Instead of going about with “Levein haters” or anger for no reason or just another excuse just check the above post as to why it’s got to this.  Sticking up for him is ludicrous but I do admire loyalty to Levein too - it’s the ones that defend him while taking pot shots at other posters and supporters in confrontational manner that makes matters worse.