Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

AlimOzturk

Genuinely think CL loves Hearts and obviously didn't want to fail. But that's happened and him and McPhee and rightly let go. Good bye but for your derby record alone always be welcome back IMO

Bunny Munro

CL, thanks for the championship.

AM, thanks for convincing Lafferty and Smith to come.

That about sums it up for me.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Genuinely think CL loves Hearts and obviously didn't want to fail. But that's happened and him and McPhee and rightly let go. Good bye but for your derby record alone always be welcome back IMO

agree, held on too tight.. 

Spellczech

Signed too many of the imperfect players he was looking for. Too many fragile bodies and fragile minds. Should've walked away in March at least as a gesture like Clevid did. Now more a case of good riddance.

Selkirk_Jambo
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

This is where I'm at. End of the road for him and AM but I won't be holding any grudges. 

I think the heart scare changed him a lot more than he let on. He was obviously never a top, top level manager but he always seemed to be able to get fight and dedication from his players and I think a lot of that came from his intense personality. After the scare, he was proper mellow and that seemed to filter through to the team. 

I think he'll retire or get DOF job at small club. I woud be shocked to see him back in the dugout.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Hope neither darken the front door of tynecastle park again !! No doubt they'll be entitled to a loyalty bonus for staying till end of contract which sickening thought for both these losers 

Marty Byrde

It tells you everything about how much Budge bought into his bullshit, and how far his feet were under the table that I still think he'll be kept on.

15 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

This is where I'm at. End of the road for him and AM but I won't be holding any grudges. 

I think the heart scare changed him a lot more than he let on. He was obviously never a top, top level manager but he always seemed to be able to get fight and dedication from his players and I think a lot of that came from his intense personality. After the scare, he was proper mellow and that seemed to filter through to the team. 

I think he'll retire or get DOF job at small club. I woud be shocked to see him back in the dugout.

Would have been the ideal time to call it a day. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hope neither darken the front door of tynecastle park again !! No doubt they'll be entitled to a loyalty bonus for staying till end of contract which sickening thought for both these losers 

Share options, use of a luxury car for a year, lifetime private healthcare and membership at Dalmahoy...

I made that up as well. 😄

Some of the worst football and worst players I've seen in decades.....they pulled a masterstroke in making a sows ear out a silk purse. Hopefully neither come anywhere near our club again. And those set pieces.. is that what we paid Austin for.... embarrassing.

A chapter closed and thank god for that. 

we move on and hopefully when these dark days are well behind us and we are rightfully challenging again in the years to come , I can remember him as a classy footballer and not the DOF and Manager he was. Maybe

maroonedinoz

Can’t see any clubs breaking down the door to appoint a Levein 

Think his time in Football might be over

Has there been an official announcement that today is his last day? Won't believe it until I see something like that.

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Share options, use of a luxury car for a year, lifetime private healthcare and membership at Dalmahoy...

I made that up as well. 😄

😂😂

Horatio Caine
26 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Your middle paragraph completely reflects my own take.  I said this on here months and months ago.  After his heart scare he was never the same.  Should indeed have retired/been relieved at that point.

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

Has there been an official announcement that today is his last day? Won't believe it until I see something like that.

Yes.  Just under a week ago it was confirmed that CL and AM would officially leave today.

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Yes.  Just under a week ago it was confirmed that CL and AM would officially leave today.

By Hearts?

Blackford Hearts
10 minutes ago, gedster said:

Some of the worst football and worst players I've seen in decades.....they pulled a masterstroke in making a sows ear out a silk purse. Hopefully neither come anywhere near our club again. And those set pieces.. is that what we paid Austin for.... embarrassing.

Personally I thought that was one of his successes getting £1million for him? 

It was like his ability to spot talent and potential in players had been completely deleted from his mind.

Many of his signings were woeful, with others just average at best. We threw good money at dross, wasting millions in wages. 

Our scouting set up was dreadful under him. Levein didn’t have a clue, never done his homework, got lazy, and accepted players on the advice of agents and John Murray! 

At the very least, he should have got a well run, organised team in place, to scout players far and wide. It’s vital we get this sorted out going forward.

Levein staying to the bitter end and squeezing every last penny out the club says it all for me.
Legacy ruined, but I doubt it even bothers him.

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think your first para is correct.

Several took a 50% pay cut but when the club made use of the furlough it meant that the cut would be 30% or less.

I don't know if CL or AM were furloughed with their contract end date being imminent ie their jobs were never going to be retained.

There was no agreement re a wage cut as the players refused that to such an extent..(bar the odd one or two)....of course the furlough scheme meant it was possible to cut the proposed wages agreement from 50% to approx. 30% with of course exceptions as some people were not as well paid

Players were still discussing salary cuts and then furlough made the salary cut easier to accept

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There was no agreement re a wage cut as the players refused that to such an extent..(bar the odd one or two)....of course the furlough scheme meant it was possible to cut the proposed wages agreement from 50% to approx. 30% with of course exceptions as some people were not as well paid

Players were still discussing salary cuts and then furlough made the salary cut easier to accept

Do you mean there was no all round agreement?

Jingle Bells
17 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

There is a Budge article in the Sun on line, which confirms so.

The tone also confirms why we are in the mess that we are.

Jingle Bells

Should have gone along with Cathro.

Pleased that the self-preservationist has now finally left the Club, hopefully his influence from afar has as well.

John mcCartney
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good bye and good luck. 

Some punters back there saying he loved the club too much and then there`s this.

Incredible stuff

Millions wasted and wishing him good luck ? absolutely incredible

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Some punters back there saying he loved the club too much and then there`s this.

Incredible stuff

This

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Incredible stuff

I'm not a bitter person. 

The guy tried and failed as manager this time. 

His only full season was a 6th place finish, lc sf, sc final. 

He left us as manager this season second bottom in December after a round of fixtures. 

I'll go on that rather than bitter, twisted and personal attacks on a guy who was back on the training ground weeks after a heart attack and has spent the best part of 20 years with us. 

Folk can go on about trophies, shagging Ann etc. Fair doos, if that's their banter--crack on but tbh you can do one for calling me out on good bye and good luck. 

As I said, good bye and good luck to them both. 

John mcCartney

Ok chief.Im not out to start a bickerfest on this thread.Its for their final thoughts on the matter and
an outlet for an expression of relief I would say.
Your a more forgiving punter than I obviously ,just find wishing someone well after serious damage caused a tad jarring.

Onwards and upwards

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Both prob get jobs easily enough.

Austin McPhee probably will if he wants one, but he is in a position where he doesn't actually need one, the football work for him appears to be to pass time. Through his other businesses he is already very comfortably off (although the 1st time I ever set eyes on him was outside the Prison Warders Club in McLeod Street, I was heading in there for a meeting and passed what I thought was a tramp hanging about outside, only to discover 10 minutes later it was Cathro's assistant).

Craig Levein, I don't think so, the only way I think he may have to look for further work will depend on just how much he still owes the bookies and how much pressure they put on him to repay it.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So you have no proof of your post yet think its appropriate to tell us all as if its the truth...just stirring the pot

If you are going to post speculation then at least say that's what it is

Pretty clear many are using this thread as some sort of therapy to vent their frustrations and I hope it does the job for them 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not a bitter person. 

The guy tried and failed as manager this time. 

His only full season was a 6th place finish, lc sf, sc final. 

He left us as manager this season second bottom in December after a round of fixtures. 

I'll go on that rather than bitter, twisted and personal attacks on a guy who was back on the training ground weeks after a heart attack and has spent the best part of 20 years with us. 

Folk can go on about trophies, shagging Ann etc. Fair doos, if that's their banter--crack on but tbh you can do one for calling me out on good bye and good luck. 

As I said, good bye and good luck to them both. 

Well said sir! You have said the words that thousands of decent people think!

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

So you have no proof of your post yet think its appropriate to tell us all as if its the truth...just stirring the pot

If you are going to post speculation then at least say that's what it is

Pretty clear many are using this thread as some sort of therapy to vent their frustrations and I hope it does the job for them 

Yeah because there is nothing to be frustrated about. It’s sickening how many embrace failure like a comfort blanket. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s nice to think that we’ve left behind the days of listening to him lie about the fitness of players and constantly pretending that embarrassing performances were decent ones.

Best hat trick since Rudi against St Mirren ... Levein, MacPhee and their signature player MacLean all leave the club on the same day

39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s nice to think that we’ve left behind the days of listening to him lie about the fitness of players and constantly pretending that embarrassing performances were decent ones.

You're obviously right.  Haring, Souttar, Naismith etc should all have been sacked for feigning injury just to "protect" CL.

Shades of Johnson and Cummings.

tolcross lad

Very disappointed in Levein as a DOF and manager 2nd time around.He has been responsible for wasting millions and for the malaise that developed around our football department.How he managed to stay in post for so long is a mystery to me.Glad he is gone.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're obviously right.  Haring, Souttar, Naismith etc should all have been sacked for feigning injury just to "protect" CL.

Shades of Johnson and Cummings.

“Back in a few weeks.”

A common refrain which was always wrong and was nothing more than a ploy to make people think improvement was on the horizon.

Because, as you well know, Levein was purely a victim of INJUREEEEEEEEZ

3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

And the award for biggest understatement goes too...😂😂😂

4 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Seeing as it’s your last day and it’s nice outside, feel free to **** off early today lads.  

Yasss :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Back in a few weeks.”

A common refrain which was always wrong and was nothing more than a ploy to make people think improvement was on the horizon.

Because, as you well know, Levein was purely a victim of INJUREEEEEEEEZ

I'd guess he'd be saying these things after consultation with medical/physio staff and players who do look on the mend sometimes break down.  I think Naisy and Souttar have done that several times while Haring seems to have had problems  with diagnosis- just like Colin Cameron did several years ago.

PS: Do you think CL is also responsible for Covid 19?

Edited by JamboAl

Just now, JamboAl said:

I'd guess he'd be saying these things after consultation with medical/physio staff and players who do look on the mend sometimes break down.  I think Naisy and Souttar have done that several times while Haring seems to have had problems  with diagnosis- just like Colin Cameron did several years ago.

PS: Do you think CL is also responsible for Covid 19?

BelgeJambo

It all started going to ratshit when Robbie was hounded out imo

Wouldn’t say that was Levein’s fault, but what followed, yes