Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Half of it’s shite......

Now now Shomato, I still love you as well. 

How is Mr Jim these days? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No doubt about that, his team in 1998 gave me the best day of my life. Doesn’t hide the fact that like Levein his time in football has come and gone. 
Let’s not rewrite history, he sued us in 1981 and got £100k, he left when he had another job and was paid £500k, he left again with a big pay off in 2011. Like Levein he signed lots of players and gave players extensions 😜😜, he threw his toys out the pram and was going to leave when he couldn’t sign Tony Capaldi and Vlad brought back that guy Skacel instead, whatever happened to that guy? 

Yes, a lot of stuff that happened when JJ was here is forgotten because of one day in May. The reckless spending, on transfer fees and contracts, with the SMG money is the root of where we are today. Petric a prime example. No-one ever mentions the likes of Fitzroy Simpson and  Mo Berthe when reflecting on JJ. Two of the worst players to wear a maroon jersey in my 50 + years following them and certainly worse than virtually all Levein signings. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You will need to remind me why he sued the Club in 1981.

He got no where near £500k when The Pieman manipulated JJ leaving the Club! At the time he left the Bradford job was not a done deal.

The ‘big pay off’ you refer to was when Vlad sacked him and his contract was paid off which he was fully entitled to.

He was offered another year and then it was taken off the table, so he sued us. The £500k figure is in my head from somewhere, I can’t find it anywhere. Yeah he left and two weeks later got that Bradford job, just like when he got paid off from Killie and got the Hearts job two weeks later 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️. He was entitled to his big pay off, I didn’t say he wasn’t, maybe that was the £500k? He refused the DoF job then.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We already know who your dream management team was - that worked out well didn’t it! 😏

Ouch 😃👍🏽

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You will need to remind me why he sued the Club in 1981.

He got no where near £500k when The Pieman manipulated JJ leaving the Club! At the time he left the Bradford job was not a done deal.

The ‘big pay off’ you refer to was when Vlad sacked him and his contract was paid off which he was fully entitled to.

11 days between leaving Hearts and signing up at Bradford. Clubs didn’t move that quick in those days. Bradford had been talking to him, or his agent, since the summer. 

6 minutes ago, smiler said:

Now now Shomato, I still love you as well. 

How is Mr Jim these days? 

He’s as sick as the rest of us with the position we have been left in.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, a lot of stuff that happened when JJ was here is forgotten because of one day in May. The reckless spending, on transfer fees and contracts, with the SMG money is the root of where we are today. Petric a prime example. No-one ever mentions the likes of Fitzroy Simpson and  Mo Berthe when reflecting on JJ. Two of the worst players to wear a maroon jersey in my 50 + years following them and certainly worse than virtually all Levein signings. 

Not sure about that but Simpson was on £7k a week “grand a day boys” was his trademark saying apparently. JJ was great with money and signings until the summer of 1998, like Levein in his first spell. Maybe TJ had a point about too much money being a burden for some. They both did well from deals 😜😜.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure about that but Simpson was on £7k a week “grand a day boys” was his trademark saying apparently. JJ was great with money and signings until the summer of 1998, like Levein in his first spell. Maybe TJ had a point about too much money being a burden for some. They both did well from deals 😜😜.

Yep, and that was over 20 years ago. Grand  a day and I can’t remember a good game. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He also signed Niemi with the SMG money - funny you forgot to mention that....

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He’s as sick as the rest of us with the position we have been left in.

No doubt.

18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Half of it’s shite......

Half right then, that’s more than normal 👍🏽😜

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So JJ signing Petrie is the root cause of Hearts now being on the verge of being expelled to the Championship!

WOW just WOW!

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He also signed Niemi with the SMG money - funny you forgot to mention that....

Shame that SMG asked for their money back! Should have invested the money better rather than squander it on football players! We nearly lost Tynecastle because of SMG!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Shame that SMG asked for their money back! Should have invested the money better rather than squander it on football players! We nearly lost Tynecastle because of SMG!

Deans was against that deal, the Pieman at his best. Like I said earlier he was the owner when we won a cup, and then . . .. Vlad won two cups and then . . . Budge wins the Championship and then . . . But she has time to save her legacy.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Shame that SMG asked for their money back! Should have invested the money better rather than squander it in football players! We nearly lost Tynecastle because of SMG!

JJ didn’t put the frankly irresponsible deal together with SMG, not was he responsible for the financial running of the Club - that was down solely to CPR!

Not all the SMG money was given to JJ to sign players so again you need to ask CPR where the rest went!

With regards to all the money that JJ lost in signing poor players, the Club was massively in overall profit with the sales of Weir, McCann, Cameron, Naysmith, Niemi.

I imagine Thomaso has a room full of pictures of JJ on its walls. A mannequin dummy sitting in an armchair with a JJ mask on... perhaps some pictures of Cruikshank too, but I suspect he’s losing the battle for space.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I imagine Thomaso has a room full of pictures of JJ on its walls. A mannequin dummy sitting in an armchair with a JJ mask on... perhaps some pictures of Cruikshank too, but I suspect he’s losing the battle for space.

You would play the role of the dummy perfectly! 👍

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You would play the role of the dummy perfectly! 👍

You're a good lad Shomato, not sure why Mothers has such issues with you tbh 😔

Randy Marsh
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fitzroy Simpson was a better player than half the shite Levein has signed in the last few years.  Even Berthe showed in 45 mins he was as good as Damour. 😂

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

JJ didn’t put the frankly irresponsible deal together with SMG, not was he responsible for the financial running of the Club - that was down solely to CPR!

Not all the SMG money was given to JJ to sign players so again you need to ask CPR where the rest went!

With regards to all the money that JJ lost in signing poor players, the Club was massively in overall profit with the sales of Weir, McCann, Cameron, Naysmith, Niemi.

I would say he spent about £3-4m and recouped about £7m, good figures but when you take in wages etc it still doesn’t quite add to the debt we were in. I’m sure someone would know the finer details from that period.

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Jeremy Goss was his equivalent of Malaury Martin (albeit on a shorter contract) . Kevin James made Petric look like Beckenbaur, a 6’4” beanpole that could jump to a height of 5 ft. Happy memories.......not!

Strange happy memories you have there!

My happy memories are more along the lines of Adam, Rosset, Weir, Flogel, Salvatore, McCann, Niemi, Cameron, Fulton......

Fabien Leclercq was one of the worst signing JJ made, imo. His performance in that millennium derby fiasco was a real standout. Quite an achievement that evening. 

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So JJ signing Petrie is the root cause of Hearts now being on the verge of being expelled to the Championship!

WOW just WOW!

Not what I said but hey, just make it up. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Jeremy Goss was his equivalent of Malaury Martin (albeit on a shorter contract) . Kevin James made Petric look like Beckenbaur, a 6’4” beanpole that could jump to a height of 5 ft. Happy memories.......not!

Nonsense, James was 6’7.134” to be precise 😆. The only goal he scored for us was with his left peg 🙈.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, martoon said:

Fabien Leclercq was one of the worst signing JJ made, imo. His performance in that millennium derby fiasco was a real standout. Quite an achievement that evening. 

Darren Beckford? Stephane Paille? Leigh Jenkinson. There was a few 🙈.

26 minutes ago, martoon said:

Adam’s brother in law wasn’t he?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was JJ that hired him.

Don't see the significance of who hired him really. It was more about the fact that those he knows best at the club will be gone and he is at retirement age so may decide to call it a day.

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not what I said but hey, just make it up. 

Yeh it was shite.....just like your comment! 👍

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Paille was a cracking player - superb goal in the LC semi........unfortunately he turned out to be a coke heed! 🙈

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Forgot about Jenkinson. 

22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Adam’s brother in law wasn’t he?

I believe so. Vaguely recall there were rumours of Leclercq's arrival being a condition of Adam signing a new contract. Can't be true, can it? 😕

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Paille was a cracking player - superb goal in the LC semi........unfortunately he turned out to be a coke heed! 🙈

Yeah a problematic type was what I meant. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't see the significance of who hired him really. It was more about the fact that those he knows best at the club will be gone and he is at retirement age so may decide to call it a day.

Folk were saying they wanted JJ to be DoF, Murray was probably the worst signing he ever made.

JimCornette

Alex Ferguson has a long list of dud signings, every manager has hits and misses. 

People trying to undermine Jim Jefferies with a few bad signings is very strange as he's up there with the best managers in our history.

There were more Cameron's and McCann's than there were Eskillsons and the fees he got speaks for themselves.

11 Mo Berthe's would beat this Levein assembled monstrosity of a squad.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

Alex Ferguson has a long list of dud signings, every manager has hits and misses. 

People trying to undermine Jim Jefferies with a few bad signings is very strange as he's up there with the best managers in our history.

There were more Cameron's and McCann's than there were Eskillsons and the fees he got speaks for themselves.

I think it was a bit more good signings before the cup and dodgy ones after for some reason. He did cover the losses though in a way Levein could only dream of.

17 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

Exactly!

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, and that was over 20 years ago. Grand  a day and I can’t remember a good game. 

I do. 

celtic 2-3 Hearts 

22 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I do. 

celtic 2-3 Hearts 

Boom!

Jingle Bells

I would say he spent about £3-4m and recouped about £7m, good figures but when you take in wages etc it still doesn’t quite add to the debt we were in. I’m sure someone would know the finer details from that period.

Think we were all thinking great £4m on new players.

Then it came out that the £4m also had to include their wages for a period, three seasons?

JJ was very astute with his signings when he had to scrimp and scrap but it was probably not such a good idea to give him a large bundle, all in the one go, imho

Can't complain though, he won us the Cup.

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge should have appointed JJ as DoF 5 years ago!

I think she should have kept David Southern. I thought he did a pretty good job under trying circumstances at Hearts AND United when there was plenty shit flying around both clubs.

Not as DOF obviously but having a Managing Director position would have negated the need for Levein or any other DOF

I believe he would be available as well If we approached. Very experienced Operator now 

Edited by JimmyCant

Guest ToqueJambo

I think it was a bit more good signings before the cup and dodgy ones after for some reason. He did cover the losses though in a way Levein could only dream of.

JJ is an example of how superb man management and motivational ability and focusing on doing the things he knew how to do well can make up for faults in other areas. JJ, like many managers, needed his loyal team - Billy Brown and co - around him. Levein's never been the same force in club football without Peter Houston at his side. It suggests Levein stopped focusing on the things he knew how to do well and started trying to do new things. He seemed a bit of a lone wolf in the dugout second time around.

Randy Marsh
7 hours ago, JimCornette said:

Great post.  Should be said that a lot of JJ's poorer signings were just on short term deals and on the lower end of the pay bracket (Petric aside😂).   Levein on the other hand not only signed shocking players but had them tied down to long term deals on ridiculous wages.  Damour being the prime example. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Great post.  Should be said that a lot of JJ's poorer signings were just on short term deals and on the lower end of the pay bracket (Petric aside😂).   Levein on the other hand not only signed shocking players but had them tied down to long term deals on ridiculous wages.  Damour being the prime example. 

Petric has always confused me. He was never Beckenbauer but prior to Hearts, it wasn’t like he was that bad either. I never understood what went on there. It just seemed to be a disaster from the start 

2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Bang on! 👍

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

JJ is an example of how superb man management and motivational ability and focusing on doing the things he knew how to do well can make up for faults in other areas. JJ, like many managers, needed his loyal team - Billy Brown and co - around him. Levein's never been the same force in club football without Peter Houston at his side. It suggests Levein stopped focusing on the things he knew how to do well and started trying to do new things. He seemed a bit of a lone wolf in the dugout second time around.

Fair comment.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is this actually happening? Can’t wait to see the pair of them emptied

No long now mate. I think you will find a lot of us are with you on this.

indianajones

Season ticket sales to spike massively on Monday morning. 

If Hearts had any sense they would release a quick article on social media confirming these two losers have left. 

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Folk were saying they wanted JJ to be DoF, Murray was probably the worst signing he ever made.

I see!! Yes probably was.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Season ticket sales to spike massively on Monday morning. 

If Hearts had any sense they would release a quick article on social media confirming these two losers have left. 

A second wave as the restrictions on our club is eased 😜

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is this actually happening? Can’t wait to see the pair of them emptied

The tips and recycling depots have opened just in time, empty everything they touched.