SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I'm surprised no one has picked up on the misogynistic undertones of Lachlan Cameron's interview... "Smug and condescending" are surely just code words for I don't like a woman having an opinion or trying to tell me what to do.

That is what I think is going through the minds of these brainless dinosaurs. It's because it's a woman who is coming up with the ideas. It's completely consuming them and making them contradict themselves in the same sentence.

Maybe they don't get to say very much in the house.

And yes, we will go in the huff. Wait until he sits in the stand at Tynecastle. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

Not sure if lower league Scottish football has the image that Baillie Gifford or their international investment wing's marketing team are looking for in terms of sponsorship partners. It would be like when Intelligent Finance sponsored Livingston when they went bust. 

Which company would be best suited to sponsoring a collection of misogynist dinosaurs?

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Also, the opposite is true. If it was St Mirren or Hamilton in our position, folk wouldn’t be gleefully insisting they should be expelled. It’s BECAUSE it’s Hearts, that folk are so insistent on us being ‘punished’. 

That's what it looks like to me. It's really hard to think of a decent, logical reason why. It is spite or envy.

Edited by SectionDJambo

John Gentleman
59 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

So no mention of unconditional then. 

Not the actual word. But Anderson is making a proposal, in other words, "I will give you X providing it is only expended on Y".

So, by extension, it is conditional. It's a transactional proposal. He's not saying, "I will give you X and you can spend it in any manner you see fit", otherwise he would've made an EFT to the SPFL by now.

That's what supermarkets do here with Foodbanks etc. "We'll give you X on condition that the goods not be resold and that they be distributed in a specific manner."

Just about everything in life is transactional and comes with conditions, perhaps with exception of blind loyalty or love.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

That's what it looks like to me. It's really hard to think of a decent, logical reason why. It is spite or envy.

Have a wee look at the social media of some of these dicks that are spouting this nonsense. Littered with vermin and mhanks slapping them on the back. 

jamborambo
2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Not sure if lower league Scottish football has the image that Baillie Gifford or their international investment wing's marketing team are looking for in terms of sponsorship partners. It would be like when Intelligent Finance sponsored Livingston when they went bust. 

That’s true The  Bailie Gifford Championship doesn’t quite fit their International image, but The Baillie Gifford Philanthropy Championship might.

it’s a philanthropic gesture by a Scottish company to give Scottish football a financial boost to help it survive through Covid.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Which company would be best suited to sponsoring a collection of misogynist dinosaurs?

I hate a sloppy Trump reference but - Trump International Golf Resorts? 

There is a reason we have so many bookies sponsoring Scottish football, gamblers are a demographic that follow lower league results. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I hate a sloppy Trump reference but - Trump International Golf Resorts? 

There is a reason we have so many bookies sponsoring Scottish football, gamblers are a demographic that follow lower league results. 

That would be the sponsorship of Lachlan Cameron’s dreams!!

So by the end of the week Doncaster will have every premiership club's view on reconstruction. If there aren't enough votes there it should be straight to court.

You'd hope that he's also be asking them for undertakings of their ability to play half or an entire season behind closed doors. Also no mention of meetings with lower leagues including ours ie Championship.

3 minutes ago, jamborambo said:

That’s true The  Bailie Gifford Championship doesn’t quite fit their International image, but The Baillie Gifford Philanthropy Championship might.

it’s a philanthropic gesture by a Scottish company to give Scottish football a financial boost to help it survive through Covid.

It's an individual not the company that is making these donations. An individual who is not even a director of that company. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Have a wee look at the social media of some of these dicks that are spouting this nonsense. Littered with vermin and mhanks slapping them on the back. 

I generally don't do social media, but the snapshot of this Ayr fool says it all about his suitability for a role in running a club and having any say, whatsoever, in the running of Scottish football. What club chairman would actually print a declaration that they hate another club, albeit a local rival. He should be up on a disrepute charge from the SPFL right there. 

It also shows his judgements are based on tribal prejudice rather than common sense. I wonder what other "prejudices" he shares with the green and white mobs.

David McCaig
Just now, EIEIO said:

So by the end of the week Doncaster will have every premiership club's view on reconstruction. If there aren't enough votes there it should be straight to court.

You'd hope that he's also be asking them for undertakings of their ability to play half or an entire season behind closed doors. Also no mention of meetings with lower leagues including ours ie Championship.

With James Anderson’s cheque remaining unsigned hopefully.

JamboGraham
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I get that, but it would cost the league an overall £80k in prize money to add two teams.  We can't find that?  Of course we can.  Especially with JA's money, now that he's involved!

For me a 14-10-10-10 should have been part of the original resolution from the SPFL.  It would have saved all of this.

14-10-10-10 is/was the fairest way to deal with this situation and IMO should have been at the core of the original action. However that assumes all can/will play football in season 20/21. That’s why Ann proposed 14-14-14/16. It introduces flexibility at a time when Scottish football needs it the most.

Sadly the SPFL went down the path of least resistance (as they saw it) to finish the season, award titles and make payments. Adding the two teams wouldn’t even have cost anyone as with no relegation there is no parachute. So the League would actually have been making more money available to clubs overall.

The only sticking point would have been the financial of position 13/14 earning much less than other Premiership sides but the alternative was to not be in the Premiership at all so surely it balances out? And perhaps it might make sense to add a slightly greater reward to position 15/16 (I.e. Championship winner and runner up) but the league would still have over £200k from the parachute payment to help here.

The lack of vision both in terms of fairness, finance and reality of Covid from the SPFL exec and the SPFL board is entirely what has brought us to this situation today.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Rumours that there might only be sixteen teams able to commit to being able to start in August and being able to complete a full season.  If that is the case it’s an interesting proposition as to how Doncaster and Co go about things now. It also shows up how much hot air is coming out of some of these roaster in charge of lower division clubs.

He’ll probably ask someone else to sort it out.....he’s busy after all 

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I generally don't do social media, but the snapshot of this Ayr fool says it all about his suitability for a role in running a club and having any say, whatsoever, in the running of Scottish football. What club chairman would actually print a declaration that they hate another club, albeit a local rival. He should be up on a disrepute charge from the SPFL right there. 

It also shows his judgements are based on tribal prejudice rather than common sense. I wonder what other "prejudices" he shares with the green and white mobs.

Yep, the guy is a complete melt, as becomes very clear when you start to find out a little more about him.

Make no mistake.    Most of these ***** do not like Ann Budge.    I think the combination of a woman they simply don't like dealing with + Hearts being a big,   generally disliked club is contributing to an illogical stance against us.    They don't have the intelligence to be able to compartmentalise their thoughts and emotions in order to reason through the problems.

The Anderson money a bribe or inducement?    Hearts trying to buy their way through?    Yes they'll fall over themselves in a rush to group-think that... but they'll take the money anyway.

Edited by Victorian

kingantti1874

I’ll be honest, on reflection I’m amazed that 14-10-10-10 hasn’t been the first option. I totally missed this as for some reason thought champ was 12 clubs.

No reconstruction outside the top flight

No unfair relegation

Two additional teams in the League

better chance of promotion for teams left behind

Covid blow softened for the rest by JA. 
“if” top flight reverts to 12 (not sure why they would as would give all teams a better chance of not being relegated) then enhance the relation compensation for those years. 

would the championship and below even have to vote on that?

job done, no need to complicate it if the lower leagues then want To reorganise for any reason leave them to it.

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I would imagine the fat pie molester won't be welcome taking up two seats in the Tynecastle Director's lounge next season. 

highlandjambo3

I’m fed up with the whole thing now.  If we’re given a lifeline and stay in the top flight the weegia and piglets previously mentioned will not let it go, particularly when we shaft teams in the top flight.  
So, let’s just smash the championship next season and, if we go to court and win then all the better.  If our benefactor chucks money at all the other clubs great, our man saved them, we boycott away games to hurt their pockets.  We can hold our heads high and never let them forget how shameful they have treated us and, RIP them when they come to Tynecastle.

FTH 

Hagar the Horrible

This is what is really ripping apart my knitting.  There is a raft of clubs who voted to expel the targeted three, so they could get their hands on 10 bob? Us in particular won’t help them us being demoted?  And it won’t harm them one iota that the leagues being re-constructed?  Coupled with the fact that we are the only one 4 of the 42 clubs who have stated so far we can fulfil our fixture list?  (OF and Sheep!)  If you can’t fulfil any or all of your fixtures, then you need to be out of the discussion and that should be declared NOW!

We have that Ayr banger and the Peter Reid from Peterheed who wants us deed getting a vote when there is not a snowballs chance in hell they can play in August?  But what totally rips my tights is Dundee Utd, who took money from a fans group which was to be ring fences for something else to be used as cash flow, just to get them to the end of the month?  How the feck is Doncaster and MacLennon not standing up and insisting that there must be a declaration of financial fluidity.

There is a vote on something that just might not matter? Clubs have been asked to vote on reconstruction which will fail, then the league will have to be reconstructed anyway to accommodate enough sides to even form 1 league, which is not a given?  Seriously it’s not rocket science to insist on a show of hands to ask who can start the season in August, Then we can take it from there?

There is now a Hearts fan willing to assists in getting as many clubs to start the season by using his own money to fund testing.  And still it’s been thrown back in our faces?  Its ok to take the money but Hearts must suffer in the process?

I think the mentality is clubs will mothball and probably die, but they want a big scalp in the process?  But for me we have to have a league to play in from day one, as self-interest will kick in and there will be no relegation from the solitary league next season, which equates to us not being able to play in the top flight until 22/23 season.  That’s why we need to go to court.

Montgomery Brewster
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll be honest, on reflection I’m amazed that 14-10-10-10 hasn’t been the first option. I totally missed this as for some reason thought champ was 12 clubs.

No unfair relegation

“if” top flight reverts to 12 (not sure why they would as would give all teams a better chance of not being relegated) then enhance the relation compensation for those years. 

job done, no need to complicate it if the lower leagues then want To reorganise for any reason leave them to it.

As everything in life - this compromise setup will be the one that gets the nod

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No unfair relegation

Think this option needs 11-1 vote in premiership and 14-14-14 requires a 9-3 premiership vote. Could well be wrong it's not exactly straightforward in the SPFL. It would also avoid legal action from Kelty.

Have the SPFL written to all 42 clubs asking who have the ability to play at the proposed date of 1st week of August BCD?

If they were to, this would go some way to determine the make up of the league/s ( guessing no more than 16 clubs if that)
As has been stated, providing funds for testing alone would doubtfully make any difference to clubs outwith the prem to resume playing at the start of the new season BCD.

Forced recon seems the only option

manaliveits105
14 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I would imagine the fat pie molester won't be welcome taking up two seats in the Tynecastle Director's lounge next season. 

from the look of him he molests more than pies - looks of a wrong un 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I said before, the line "you wouldn't care if it was Hamilton or St Mirren bottom..." is a straw man argument. By pondering a hypothetical that cant be proven, people think that means they can wash their hands of it. But there is serious implications in this that someone just dont want to consider because of the problems it shows in Scottish football.

I think there is a mix of why people are sprouting this nonsense, you have Hibs and Celtic fans wanting to see us suffer for obvious reasons, you have fans of smaller clubs who see it as a big club trying to cheat the system that they feel they would not be able to do had they been in our position, then you have fans of smaller clubs who see us as a psudo old firm so as the old firm are not going to get brought down a peg then we are the next best thing. I found a few twitter accounts who normally post decent stuff and fair minded anylsis of Scottish football really lay into us during this. I think its easier having a punching bag then tackling uncomfortable flaws in Scottish football.

In fact, I get the sense from a lot of non-Hearts fans, that they rather see us and Scottish football burn then do something that will benefit Scottish football and as a consequence us.

Come on Ann. Let's stop arsing around and get in about them. We're losing all the momentum here. Reconstruction/recompense should have been our one and only goal and now everything's turning into a dog's breakfast. We've shot ourselves in the foot with the benefactor business, illustrated by the number of folk who are now claiming we're trying to buy our way back into the Premiership. Focus!

I suspect later today, we will be hearing leaks from the Premier meeting that there is not enough support, therefore there will be no need for a vote. Much the same as the position the first time.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I said before, the line "you wouldn't care if it was Hamilton or St Mirren bottom..." is a straw man argument. By pondering a hypothetical that cant be proven, people think that means they can wash their hands of it. But there is serious implications in this that someone just dont want to consider because of the problems it shows in Scottish football.

I think there is a mix of why people are sprouting this nonsense, you have Hibs and Celtic fans wanting to see us suffer for obvious reasons, you have fans of smaller clubs who see it as a big club trying to cheat the system that they feel they would not be able to do had they been in our position, then you have fans of smaller clubs who see us as a psudo old firm so as the old firm are not going to get brought down a peg then we are the next best thing. I found a few twitter accounts who normally post decent stuff and fair minded anylsis of Scottish football really lay into us during this. I think its easier having a punching bag then tackling uncomfortable flaws in Scottish football.

In fact, I get the sense from a lot of non-Hearts fans, that they rather see us and Scottish football burn then do something that will benefit Scottish football and as a consequence us.

The notion of zero detriment seems to have flown out the window.

All the barriers to zero detriment have been removed, Sky have no issues, the support clubs will get from James Anderson supersedes the minimal financial adjustment from 12 to 14... the opposition now is actually ideological and seem to be one of Maximum detriment and punishment.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Interestingly doesn’t even mention Stranraer or particularly Partick - you know, the team that was in his club’s division and he was happy to vote them down a league even though they had a game in hand.  Even though he favoured null and void, so presumably he thought promotion and relegation were unfair.  But now, he’s so obsessed with “relegating” Hearts he doesn’t care about unfairly punishing Partick or Stranraer.

And as has been been pointed out by others regarding changing the rules to save us, he doesn’t seem to get the irony that the rules were changed to demote all 3 clubs and that all 3 clubs that were bottom after 30 games last season managed to play their way out of trouble.  A luxury we haven’t been allowed. 

The change of rules due to the circumstances have long since been forgotten,  which only goes to demonstrate the intelligence. 

Really what is to him anyway? Ayr don't fancy the additional cost of the Premier League,  happy to be a play off failure and survive as such,  zero ambition 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, ericb said:

I suspect later today, we will be hearing leaks from the Premier meeting that there is not enough support, therefore there will be no need for a vote. Much the same as the position the first time.

In which case lets finally go to court, today is now day 15 since we were expelled!!

What's not to like about Cameron.

Trump supporting misogynist snake oil salesman, no doubt NRA member who if still resided US, owner of several AK47, right wing christian nut job. 

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Come on Ann. Let's stop arsing around and get in about them. We're losing all the momentum here. Reconstruction/recompense should have been our one and only goal and now everything's turning into a dog's breakfast. We've shot ourselves in the foot with the benefactor business, illustrated by the number of folk who are now claiming we're trying to buy our way back into the Premiership. Focus!

Issue is court will only be for comp.

So we need to wait until we know 100% for def that we can't get in the top league.

Being in the Prem is still no. 1 goal here and legal route doesn't deliver that.

My pref is we somehow, anyhow end up in Prem, and Ann decides to still go after heads and rock the system. Would be a lot of fun if we romped to a great start in the league with a few new players! Oh the snotters.

Second choice is we drag the corrupt morons through court, get some comp and expose the whole lot of them for what they are. But it's still second choice.

James Anderson hasn't weakened our position. You need to remember... WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS HERE

Edited by TheBigO

Asked if it might be good for business to have such a well supported club in the division Cameron said: “Yes unless their supporters take the huff and decide to protest every away ground because they feel aggrieved

Well I’m quite happy to be in a huff you twat and you will not be seeing me if it comes down to it !

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What's not to like about Cameron.

Trump supporting misogynist snake oil salesman, no doubt NRA member who if still resided US, owner of several AK47, right wing christian nut job. 

he will be using the MAGA mantra but it will mean make ayr great again

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

You don't need to point it out. nobody apart from you is interested in this earth shattering stat.

It’s so low in my concerns just now it doesn’t even make “the least of my concerns” list.

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good post as always JiG. I’m pretty sure you are a fair bit younger than me, and it’s depressing seeing the same realisation of what Scottish Football is all about dawning on other people, the way it did on me at a similar age.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

If ourselves and Inverness are in a 14 team SPL, two clubs step up from L1 to Championship, Partick and Falkirk, plus Stranraer and Edinburgh City move to L1.  Additionally there are two extra places for Brora and Kelty, its the ultimate no brainier zero detriment solution.

It would solve all of the problems we're currently experiencing whilst maintaining the status quo that clubs in those divisions are so keen to avoid missing out on.

Voting against it makes no sense unless the reason is pure vicious pettiness 

JamboAndrew
2 minutes ago, parwj said:

Asked if it might be good for business to have such a well supported club in the division Cameron said: “Yes unless their supporters take the huff and decide to protest every away ground because they feel aggrieved

Well I’m quite happy to be in a huff you twat and you will not be seeing me if it comes down to it !

The list of clubs I will not even go to or pass money to is growing rapidly.

If we are in the championship, pack away ends like ICT, and send no one to places like Ayr. I hope they pay for all the extra policing costs etc... And then their away stand looks like it's full of hibs fans (ie empty seats)

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he will be using the MAGA mantra but it will mean make ayr great again

Make Ayr Grate Again!

48F875D7-12FF-4DE4-81ED-08EE234957C8.jpeg

Hungry hippo
37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No unfair relegation

A lot of the teams were dead against adding two more teams which is why an alternative solution was looked for. I wouldn't rule out it being discussed again but the Task Force found even more resistance to this idea so looks unlikely.

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Mr Anderson rattles the feed bag, and all the wee fat piggies come running as fast as their little trotters can carry them, squealing as they jostle for position at the trough.

42A9676B-AB5C-43EB-B00E-C7DC4098DD7E.jpeg

And that guy is responsible for the club that has topless models with body paint promoting Ayr United strips?

"Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses,

For gammon blokes and exploited lasses."

***** that he is.

Just now, Boof said:

And that guy is responsible for the club that has topless models with body paint promoting Ayr United strips?

"Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses,

For gammon blokes and exploited lasses."

***** that he is.

Awesome paraphrasing! :rofl: 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Ayr United rocket to the top of the boycott league!!      Indeed, a point above Dundee with all to play for !!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budges-hearts-reconstruction-pitch-22122441

Ann Budge's Hearts reconstruction pitch branded 'condescending and smug' as Ayr chairman launches withering blast

Lachlan Cameron has rounded on the Tynecastle supremo as she attempts to convince clubs to sign up for a proposed SPFL revamp.

Ayr chairman Lachlan Cameron has launched a withering blast at Ann Budge and revealed he’ll block any attempt to save Hearts from relegation.

Cameron slammed Tynecastle owner Budge’s attempts to force through league reconstruction and keep her club in a new-look 14-team top flight as ‘condescending and smug”.

He admits it would be better for his own club not to be competing against the Jambos for promotion next season but is adamant Scottish football should not be remodelled just to keep Hearts happy.

Cameron said: “I just think this proposal, in its timing, seemed very condescending and smug to me to be honest. ‘Because we are Hearts we should be in the Premiership’ and so on and so forth.   :facepalm:

“I understand why she might feel that but expressing it was harsh. We are a sporting competition and Hearts got relegated.:facepalm:

“I do feel sorry for Hearts but I would feel sorry for St Mirren if they were in the same spot and I’d feel sorry for Hamilton if they were in the same spot but I’m not sure everyone else would. If St Mirren were in this spot would anyone care? Would there be the fuss?      :vrwow:     Lachlan aiming for "Top Sympathiser of the Year" award

“I recognise that Hearts are a huge club. They are probably the third biggest club in Scotland, I’m guessing.

“You’re losing the Edinburgh derby and a few other things with Hearts going down.

“But, again, we are a sporting competition and Hearts ended up getting relegated so I don’t think you can change the rules just because it’s Hearts. It’s not right. It has to be right for any of the 42 clubs that could be in that position.”   

Eh... which rules are those, Lachlan ?

Cameron was part of Budge’s Reconstruction Task Force which was sunk by a gang of six top flight clubs just last month.

Now he insists he will vote against any new proposal to rejig the league before the new season begins.

He said: “Reconstruction is a great idea, obviously. I was part of the reconstruction group that was disbanded a couple of weeks ago so I am for reconstruction, although not in the way it is being proposed right now by Hearts and Ann Budge.:facepalm:

“As of right now, Ayr United would be a pretty strong ‘no’ on the current proposals.

“I just think it’s too messy and there are too many things going on.

“We should set the structure and put it in place for 21/22 because everyone will know what they are playing for at that point. It would be much better for all the clubs involved. 

Dearie me .............  Hopefully JA is reading this - it's a rude awakening to the type of selfish numpty he'll be helping to keep alive.

8 minutes ago, parwj said:

Nor I - if it comes  to ICT will be the on,y club seeing any of my money.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

The list of clubs I will not even go to or pass money to is growing rapidly.

If we are in the championship, pack away ends like ICT, and send no one to places like Ayr. I hope they pay for all the extra policing costs etc... And then their away stand looks like it's full of hibs fans (ie empty seats)

The visit to Ayr United needs to be a particularly well co-ordinated boycott effort.

May be a statement from the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs saying that no clubs will be running buses to Somerset Park.

We can call this particular boycott “Huff for Hearts”

Edited by David McCaig

18Jambo_dave74
26 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Absolutely correct. Hamilton and St Mirren's "you wouldn't care if it was us" argument is absolute nonsense - as if that is any sort of defence for voting us out of the league. Do people not care about Stranraer or Partick Thistle? Here's a hypothetical question seeing everyone seems so keen on them  - does anyone on the face of the planet think the league would have been called if Rangers and Celtic were within touching distance of each other at the top? Absolutely no ******* chance. 

I'm done with the rest of Scottish football.

Asked players to take pay cuts - slated by everyone else. 

Asked to jointly head up reconstruction - clubs voted against it before we had even put proposals forward.

Still trying to sort reconstruction - slated by everyone. 

Offered our stadium (at no profit) as a potential hub - not a peep mentioned by anyone. 

Brought a benefactor to the table to help ALL of Scottish football - slated and accused of blackmail. 

Every day now I'm reading the comments of chairman and managers of clubs like Forfar, Peterhead, Stenhousemuir, Ayr taking pops at the club and Budge and using some pretty 'interesting' language, Bringing the game in to (further) disrepute? Nah, of course not, Hearts are fair game. Make no mistake fans of other clubs are LOVING this. 

Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs all voted to end the season and put Hearts in to a league that might not even play matches and resulting in us probably losing our managers and having to make job cuts (including non playing staff). Yet they want to wheel us out, severely weakened, at some point to play in a 'showpiece' Scottish Cup Semi Final. Oh and Rod Petrie says we could even play at Murrayfield yet apparently this always gave us home advantage. Get to **** and shove the Scottish Cup up your collective ****! 

I've just seen Kris Boyd on Skysports (I know, I know) apparently we should just get on with it. We'll be okay because us fans will buy season tickets and we'll come straight back up and get 18,000 at Tynecastle. Oh well, that's okay then Kris, just go ahead and relegate us and the Hearts fans will pick up the tab for Scottish football. 

I want to see the FoH and Hearts supporters groups making announcements on boycotts and telling these clubs they'll not receive a penny from us for what they have done.

Absolutely sick to death with the lot of it. I really really hope that Budge knows what she is doing and that she has a plan but I'm just at the stage where I want to sit and watch the rest of Scottish football burn to the ground and disappear,

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The notion of zero detriment seems to have flown out the window.

All the barriers to zero detriment have been removed, Sky have no issues, the support clubs will get from James Anderson supersedes the minimal financial adjustment from 12 to 14... the opposition now is actually ideological and seem to be one of Maximum detriment and punishment.

Once all the options for remedy, including the offer from James Anderson, have been seen to make no difference to some clubs still being unable to either play games within the current structure, and unwilling to change that structure for the clubs that can play, any legal action will have a strong chance of success. 
There cannot be a situation where an arbitrary end to a company’s earning ability, due to a pandemic, can be artificially extended to accommodate competitors who are unable to trade, when those competitors are the ones voting to prevent that company trading.

John Gentleman

Cameron's quote, “I just think it’s too messy and there are too many things going on."

He's right about that. A second wave of Covid-19 would lay waste to the whole competition.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Issue is courtnwill only be for comp.

So we need to wait until we know 100% for def that we can't get in the top league.

Being in the Prem is still no. 1 goal here and legal route doesn't deliver that.

My pref is we somehow, anyhow end up in Prem, and Ann decides to still go after heads and rock the system. Would be a lot of fun if we romped to a great start in the league with a few new players! Oh the snotters.

Second choice is we drag the corrupt morons through court, get some comp and expose the whole lot of them for what they are. But it's still second choice.

James Anderson hasn't weakened our position. You need to remember... WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS HERE

It has been the case for ages now that we should have realised that we won't be allowed to get back into the top league. If these reconstruction talks fail, do we regroup and try for a third reconstruction attempt? When the Premiership clubs rejected the first attempt, after a working group had been set up and started coming up with solutions, that was all we needed to show that the will for reconstruction was not there. This second round has been a complete waste of time.

We can't keep clinging to this idea of reconstruction the way we are going now. The only way to encourage it to happen is our threat of legal action causing financial difficulties to the SPFL and also revealing all that went on during the "end the season early" debacle. And now the benefactor is potentially reducing the impact of the first of these.

You don't need to remind me that we're the good guys here, Big O. I have an upbringing firmly rooted in justice, and it makes me very angry that we and other teams were unjustly demoted. Indeed, that and only that is what Ann should be concentrating on. This whole benefactor business has massively detracted from that focus and even given our detractors another stick to beat us with. We're now all talking about a topic that is different than the one we should really have been talking about and that is injustice. The narrative has been sidelined and that is a huge own goal.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )