SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

It would solve all of the problems we're currently experiencing whilst maintaining the status quo that clubs in those divisions are so keen to avoid missing out on.

Voting against it makes no sense unless the reason is pure vicious pettiness 

For several clubs, it is exactly that. And relief that it's not them in that position. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The visit to Ayr United needs to be a particularly well co-ordinated boycott effort.

May be a statement from the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs saying that no clubs will be running buses to Somerset Park.

We can call this particular boycott “Huff for Hearts”

I prefer "Ayr today, gone tomorrow".

2 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

You don't need to point it out. nobody apart from you is interested in this earth shattering stat.

Correct , especially none in the media  

Just now, redjambo said:

It has been the case for ages now that we should have realised that we won't be allowed to get back into the top league. If these reconstruction talks fail, do we regroup and try for a third reconstruction attempt? When the Premiership clubs rejected the first attempt, after a working group had been set up and started coming up with solutions, that was all we needed to show that the will for reconstruction was not there. This second round has been a complete waste of time.

We can't keep clinging to this idea of reconstruction the way we are going now. The only way to encourage it to happen is our threat of legal action causing financial difficulties to the SPFL and also revealing all that went on during the "end the season early" debacle. And now the benefactor is potentially reducing the impact of the first of these.

You don't need to remind me that we're the good guys here, Big O. I have an upbringing firmly rooted in justice, and it makes me very angry that we and other teams were unjustly demoted. Indeed, that and only that is what Ann should be concentrating on. This whole benefactor business has massively detracted from that focus and even given our detractors another stick to beat us with. We're now all talking about a topic that is different than the one we should really have been talking about and that is injustice. The narrative has been sidelined and that is a huge own goal.

There's no stronger emotion than that of justified injustice.

I get your argument but don't hugely see it that way. Recon still has a chance. End of this week is trigger time I'd think

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Great post, GR. 

The entire, rotten episode summed up in a nutshell. 

Cheers, the willingness by some people to brush under the carpet the bits they don’t like really pisses me off. That fat mess at Ayr being a prime example. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I prefer "Ayr today, gone tomorrow".

Boycott Somerset Park - “All’s Ayr in love and war”

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The visit to Ayr United needs to be a particularly well co-ordinated boycott effort.

May be a statement from the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs saying that no clubs will be running buses to Somerset Park.

We can call this particular boycott “Huff for Hearts”

Is it possible to do some kind of live podcast or commentary that can be listened to or streamed? I’m sure some tech savvy individual could attend away games on our behalf to provide such a service.

As a philanthropic gesture I’d be happy to contribute a few pounds towards their costs of ticket/travel & match reporting if it helps any boycott of self interested clubs.

If we are in the championship, Hopefully Ayr budget for having mega hearts crowds only for a boycot to push them to the brink. 

Just now, TheBigO said:

There's no stronger emotion than that of justified injustice.

I get your argument but don't hugely see it that way. Recon still has a chance. End of this week is trigger time I'd think

Fair enough, I hope you're right, but the "trigger time" seems to have been edging later and later as we have gone on. If we don't act soon, imo, we will be like the metaphorical frog in the pan of water. We're losing momentum the entire time. We should have been strong, firm and focussed from the off. The benefactor business has definitely muddied the waters.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, sac said:

Is it possible to do some kind of live podcast or commentary that can be listened to or streamed? I’m sure some tech savvy individual could attend away games on our behalf to provide such a service.

As a philanthropic gesture I’d be happy to contribute a few pounds towards their costs of ticket/travel & match reporting if it helps any boycott of self interested clubs.

Hearts TV surely already exists

kingantti1874

Ayr is an old firm infested mess of a town, took the family down there last year as I hadn’t been for 20 years, it’s was either tapps aft or Celtic tops, with thousands of tramps drinking Buckie in public parks. On a Saturday afternoon.. 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Boycott Somerset Park - “All’s Ayr in love and war”

Let's hit them where they'll hurt. "Ayr Rage!"

33 minutes ago, ericb said:

I suspect later today, we will be hearing leaks from the Premier meeting that there is not enough support, therefore there will be no need for a vote. Much the same as the position the first time.

Definitely. I’m actually surprised a couple of teams just didn’t come out and speak against it yesterday and that’s it done and out of the way.

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

If we are in the championship, Hopefully Ayr budget for having mega hearts crowds only for a boycot to push them to the brink. 

I feel for the small businesses that will miss out on travelling support but they only have their local club to blame.

Would it be even better if supporters still travelled, drank in the local pubs, turned up at the ground but didn't actually pay to enter.

The thought of a 1000 supporters stood outside singing away whilst Lachlan is raging inside watching his Ayr side get smashed all over the park in front of a small crowd makes me happy :D

13 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Cameron's quote, “I just think it’s too messy and there are too many things going on."

He's right about that. A second wave of Covid-19 would lay waste to the whole competition.

I suppose, if it involves any effort then let's not bother. I mean these chairmen didn't sign up for actually doing stuff. 

49 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m fed up with the whole thing now.  If we’re given a lifeline and stay in the top flight the weegia and piglets previously mentioned will not let it go, particularly when we shaft teams in the top flight.  
So, let’s just smash the championship next season and, if we go to court and win then all the better.  If our benefactor chucks money at all the other clubs great, our man saved them, we boycott away games to hurt their pockets.  We can hold our heads high and never let them forget how shameful they have treated us and, RIP them when they come to Tynecastle.

FTH 

I'm tending to agree with this post now. 

The whole saga has just soured the whole Scottish football community now. 

It's very sad and so avoidable if the SPFL board had been doing their job properly. 

Their rush to end the season and award Celtic their title was unnecessary especially when it has now become apparent that the league could have been completed with just a slight delay to the start of the new season. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Good post as always JiG. I’m pretty sure you are a fair bit younger than me, and it’s depressing seeing the same realisation of what Scottish Football is all about dawning on other people, the way it did on me at a similar age.

You probably are, I have followed Scottish football for over 20 years and there is something that always comes up again and again. That Scottish football is far too tribal. Everyone is out for themselves as no one works together as they want to get one over the other team. The old firm dominate so much that creates a view among their supporters and press that there is no such thing as a fan of a non-old firm team, those who say they are must have a leaning towards either Rangers or Celtic.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen could work together to make things better but fans will never accept that as its seen as helping your rivals rather then helping yourself as well. Its a bit like the line they use about conservative Americans doing things that is detrimental to their own self because it will "own the libs." 

Its like how Doncaster is still in charge of the SPFL. He has failed often to get good commerical deals for the league, a big remit of his job and yet he keeps in his job. If this had been any other league he would be removed for failing his job. The lack of a Title sponsor is clear, leaving the head of one of the clubs to try and fix Scottish football is another. But of course he is only in the job because a) he does Celtic's bidding and b) he is a firewall to take the criticism so that the club owners who have more power dont get blamed.

I look at Bundesliga as an example of a league where there is strong rivalries but clubs work together to make things work for everyone. Is it perfect? No as Bayern still are a club that wins more often than not, but it is a much better situation. Scottish football has been divided for a long time. This crisis is showing it up.

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

No bother Colin.  You want Mr Anderson to think about pulling the offer that could save loads of jobs or at least threaten it.  Your god shit isn’t going to redeem you and being as less charitable and Christian as can be.

Isn’t Christianity about forgiveness too?  For one that preaches you don’t half hold grudges.  Perhaps a new career? 

Peace be with you 👍

Forgiveness follows repentance and to repent you have to have knowledge and that's a non-starter short of a miracle for you.

You've taken a tongue in cheek comment and done a Cummings on it.

The quote, by the way  is not tongue in cheek.

You can come back if you want to but, as has been proven with the vast majority of your "football" posts, there's no point on casting pearls before porcos, si I will cease and desist wasting my time.

Repent!!!

Edited by colinmaroon

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm tending to agree with this post now. 

The whole saga has just soured the whole Scottish football community now. 

It's very sad and so avoidable if the SPFL board had been doing their job properly. 

Their rush to end the season and award Celtic their title was unnecessary especially when it has now become apparent that the league could have been completed with just a slight delay to the start of the new season. 

It is very sad. Any good will that fans held for lower league teams has totally diminished. Watching the Cup draws hoping to draw an away ground that you hadn't been to before, or hoping for a cup upset when a smaller team drew another Premier league team. Not now, Celtic can horse you all 8-0 for all I care now. 

Bunny Munro

I wish people would stop banging on about 'There wouldn't be a fuss if it was Hamitlon or St Mirren'. Am I the only one who thinks the exact opposite would be true?

In the current climate Hamilton and St Mirren would probably go out of business being relegated, there would be uproar if they were chucked into oblivion with 1/4 of the season to go. Everyone knows we won't go bust so the stakes are far lower.

Edited by Bunny Munro

buzzbomb1958
29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Nor I - if it comes  to ICT will be the on,y club seeing any of my money.

I hope every Jambo supports this position ,as of now I want every club who has turned us over to go tits up,  what a message it would send out if we played these kunts one week and their grounds were empty then we played ICT the following week and packed their ground to the gunnels how glorious would that be . Every Hearts supporters club please take note make this happen ONLY HEARTS

Turkishcap
33 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Dearie me .............  Hopefully JA is reading this - it's a rude awakening to the type of selfish numpty he'll be helping to keep alive.

How is it a sporting league if clubs expelled with 8 games to go? The guy is a dick

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Absolutely correct. Hamilton and St Mirren's "you wouldn't care if it was us" argument is absolute nonsense - as if that is any sort of defence for voting us out of the league. Do people not care about Stranraer or Partick Thistle? Here's a hypothetical question seeing everyone seems so keen on them  - does anyone on the face of the planet think the league would have been called if Rangers and Celtic were within touching distance of each other at the top? Absolutely no ******* chance. 

I'm done with the rest of Scottish football.

Asked players to take pay cuts - slated by everyone else. 

Asked to jointly head up reconstruction - clubs voted against it before we had even put proposals forward.

Still trying to sort reconstruction - slated by everyone. 

Offered our stadium (at no profit) as a potential hub - not a peep mentioned by anyone. 

Brought a benefactor to the table to help ALL of Scottish football - slated and accused of blackmail. 

Every day now I'm reading the comments of chairman and managers of clubs like Forfar, Peterhead, Stenhousemuir, Ayr taking pops at the club and Budge and using some pretty 'interesting' language, Bringing the game in to (further) disrepute? Nah, of course not, Hearts are fair game. Make no mistake fans of other clubs are LOVING this. 

Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs all voted to end the season and put Hearts in to a league that might not even play matches and resulting in us probably losing our managers and having to make job cuts (including non playing staff). Yet they want to wheel us out, severely weakened, at some point to play in a 'showpiece' Scottish Cup Semi Final. Oh and Rod Petrie says we could even play at Murrayfield yet apparently this always gave us home advantage. Get to **** and shove the Scottish Cup up your collective ****! 

I've just seen Kris Boyd on Skysports (I know, I know) apparently we should just get on with it. We'll be okay because us fans will buy season tickets and we'll come straight back up and get 18,000 at Tynecastle. Oh well, that's okay then Kris, just go ahead and relegate us and the Hearts fans will pick up the tab for Scottish football. 

I want to see the FoH and Hearts supporters groups making announcements on boycotts and telling these clubs they'll not receive a penny from us for what they have done.

Absolutely sick to death with the lot of it. I really really hope that Budge knows what she is doing and that she has a plan but I'm just at the stage where I want to sit and watch the rest of Scottish football burn to the ground and disappear,

Completely agree. The attitude towards Ann Budge has been shocking in the last few weeks. While she does have a vested interest in reconstruction, she is the only one putting forward a plan to actually save clubs. Not one other chairman or SPFL official has come forward with an actual plan to help Scottish football in crisis except "lets play behind closed doors as soon as possible" (and that has already shown to be flawed with clubs struggling to be able to afford the testing required.) 

Scottish football's owners and rulers have always had the same attitude "there's no need to change, that would be risky." They are the most backward and risk-averse people around. Let's change the league and reconstruct it as its what fans and players want, "no, that could mean we get £10,000 less in TV money next season than we could if it stayed the same" 

2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

It is very sad. Any good will that fans held for lower league teams has totally diminished. Watching the Cup draws hoping to draw an away ground that you hadn't been to before, or hoping for a cup upset when a smaller team drew another Premier league team. Not now, Celtic can horse you all 8-0 for all I care now. 

In fairness, any "goodwill" that I may have had for Celtic before all this has also now vanished. I used to despise Rangers more than Celtic, but that's no longer the case.

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I suppose, if it involves any effort then let's not bother. I mean these chairmen didn't sign up for actually doing stuff. 

This is what really gets me angry.

The chairmen, the media,pundits, even those supposedly running the game all are quick to slate Hearts and dismiss the huge effort that AB is putting in to try and resolve the problems that affect all clubs.

Yet not one of them have put forward any solution of their own

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

An email from who ?

You seem to have some blind optimism but im just not sure why.

As it stands im actually struggling to want to go back to Scottish football when all this is done.

Its full of ****wits and arseholes out to shaft everyone over and we are getting ridden dry at every turn, including by our own members organisation board.

I am basing my optimism on what has transpired already. The SPFL board are slippery and they will have been told that there is strings attached they will play it out in the media as no strings to avoid any bribery chat.

Most of the papers today re JAnderson come across as if him saying Hearts staying in Premiership was not part of the deal is a kick in the teeth for AB.   She has said from the get go that it wasn't  part of the deal

I think we're losing the momentum that we had going regards a court case with all this waiting on a vote that won't go in our favour,it will basically be 2 weeks wasted by the time we get re buffed again - time has come to go too court and stop this nonsensicle hope that these clubs will change their minds 

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

I think we're losing the momentum that we had going regards a court case with all this waiting on a vote that won't go in our favour,it will basically be 2 weeks wasted by the time we get re buffed again - time has come to go too court and stop this nonsensicle hope that these clubs will change their minds 

Agree with this. I’m sure there’s lots happening behind the scenes but it feels to me like it’s time to ramp it up.

We need to get off the ropes and start swinging.

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Patience nobody is going anywhere for now. 

John Gentleman

I was thinking it would be interesting to see cash flow projections from all SPFL clubs for the proposed season and what difference no-cost Covid-19 testing would make.

........then I realised; most of them couldn't conjure up a cash flow projection if their lives depended on it.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In fairness, any "goodwill" that I may have had for Celtic before all this has also now vanished. I used to despise Rangers more than Celtic, but that's no longer the case.

I have no goodwill towards either of the OF but I am numb to their "successes", so if, as it seems, that teams have always hates us despite us not playing them for 20+ years then I care not if they get beaten, when previously my interest would have always been that I wanted the lower league team to cause an upset. 

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

I wish people would stop banging on about 'There wouldn't be a fuss if it was Hamitlon or St Mirren'. Am I the only one who thinks the exact opposite would be true?

In the current climate Hamilton and St Mirren would probably go out of business big relegated, there would be uproar if they were chucked into oblivion with 1/4 of the season to go. Everyone knows we won't go bust so the stakes are far lower.

No, you are not the only one. As I keep saying, the steadfast refusal to even consider no relegation is 100% down to the fact it’s us who were bottom when the league was called.

Four faces
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Agree with this. I’m sure there’s lots happening behind the scenes but it feels to me like it’s time to ramp it up.

We need to get off the ropes and start swinging.

Rope a dope.

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This is what really gets me angry.

The chairmen, the media,pundits, even those supposedly running the game all are quick to slate Hearts and dismiss the huge effort that AB is putting in to try and resolve the problems that affect all clubs.

Yet not one of them have put forward any solution of their own

Absolutely, it's easy to sit back and criticise. The only explanation is that they are happy with the status quo. They should be all over this opportunity. 

ardenjambo
1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

It's an individual not the company that is making these donations. An individual who is not even a director of that company. 

Correct that the offer is from JA the individual, however the company is a partnership and JA is a partner of Baillie Gifford

Hagar the Horrible

Ayr is just a surrogate holiday resort for Mhanks on universal credit who are too thick to screw the system over.  It’s just all Thellik taps that are passed down like some family Ayr-loom (see what I did there?).  Who goes on a summer holiday to a place that has more rain than a Borneo jungle.  Even Prestwick Airport is pointless, It takes longer travel there than the limited flights take to whatever backwater destination is left other than cargo?  Haven….seriously trade description act!  Red-coats, more like turn coats.  SDM wanted to make them great again, they turned down a whole new stadium and probably League success?  Their stadium has been compared to the Allianz Arena, compared to that it is a shithole?  Still at least they managed to upgrade their stadia to resemble an ISIS held township? Pikenham Palace.  Their tatties are tasteless according to mhanks and they should know?  Their bacon gives me the dry boak.  Ayr for those who can’t afford Benidorm, but still has their very own Victoria Maria Aragues,  oh the whiff!!!!

Ayr oleaginous men and butt ugly lassies!

I hope folks like the Ayr 🤡 and others that are insulting Anne Budge is a reason that JA pulls the plug on this idea - not sure that i would want to be helping out people who are continually slating a friend of mine 

Lone Striker

I'm clinging to the hope that the seemingly high standards & morals which JA appears to hold dear result in him making a stand in his dealings with Donkey & co  that they show similar ... or the multi-million pound gesture is off the table.   Something along the lines of -" If the  wealthiest  club and the SPFL CEO commit to making a financial gesture, I will match it.    The more you commit, the more I commit too".        Seems a fair and honourable position to take.  Same as  Tom Hunter has done with Sport Relief.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, ardenjambo said:

Correct that the offer is from JA the individual, however the company is a partnership and JA is a partner of Baillie Gifford

Baillie Gifford is wholly owned by its 44 Senior Partners of which JA is one.

Heartsmad1874
21 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I take it the meetings start today or are clubs playing with their calculators?

EA6AEB78-86CC-4881-A663-BFCC75DDA173.jpeg

Hungry hippo
12 minutes ago, rory78 said:

We won't win a court case based on momentum but we can if we follow processes based on legal advice.

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Ayr is just a surrogate holiday resort for Mhanks on universal credit who are too thick to screw the system over.  It’s just all Thellik taps that are passed down like some family Ayr-loom (see what I did there?).  Who goes on a summer holiday to a place that has more rain than a Borneo jungle.  Even Prestwick Airport is pointless, It takes longer travel there than the limited flights take to whatever backwater destination is left other than cargo?  Haven….seriously trade description act!  Red-coats, more like turn coats.  SDM wanted to make them great again, they turned down a whole new stadium and probably League success?  Their stadium has been compared to the Allianz Arena, compared to that it is a shithole?  Still at least they managed to upgrade their stadia to resemble an ISIS held township? Pikenham Palace.  Their tatties are tasteless according to mhanks and they should know?  Their bacon gives me the dry boak.  Ayr for those who can’t afford Benidorm, but still has their very own Victoria Maria Aragues,  oh the whiff!!!!

Ayr oleaginous men and butt ugly lassies!

also known as doon the watter!

Been to Somerset and it’s like going back in time. Don’t think they would be able to play in the top league due to ground and safety issues

jamboinglasgow

Must say, its a bizzare tactic that Championship clubs are doing where they want us in the league so they get our money from away support, then spend the time insulting us, taking pot shots and trying to make us feel like we are the bad guys. 

Maybe a bit of tact and sympathy might help your case (that and not voting to relegate us.) 

The Ayr chairman seems like one of those chairman who will say his club can afford playing BCD just to be spiteful even though the cant. I think there will be a few chairman who wont admit they cant afford to play just so reconstruction doesnt go through.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

5% stake isn't it?

I think that was quoted as his aspiration in terms of a personal stake in Scottish Mortgage the Investment Fund he manages for Baillie Gifford.

I’m guessing he has 2.27% stake in Baillie Gifford as a whole.

Hearts:

"It was completely unjust that you expelled us with 8 games remaining in the Premiership, and also in the way the whole process was carried out. We will oppose this move in the courts if we have to, and we will look at reconstruction as a just solution to the problem in order that we are not unfairly expelled from the Premiership."

"Oh and by the way, let us introduce to you a wealthy benefactor who is willing to finance some aspects of Scottish football during this crisis".

And we didn't consider that this would be seen by our detractors, especially those in the smaller clubs, as trying to buy our way back in?

I can see why Ann did it. Firstly because the benefactor's offer genuinely existed, and secondly because she wanted to show that she did have the interests of Scottish football at heart, not just the interests of Hearts, but goodness it was an own goal, imo, to announce this publicly, especially by going onto radio and doing so, thus tying the two aspects together and in one fell swoop taking the debate away from our main objectives.

The benefactor should have been introduced to the SPFL in the background and then they should have been allowed to get on with it, with the condition that it should not be made publicly known that it was Hearts who brought the two parties together.

That way our original aims and focus would not have been be diluted, and the accusations of trying to offer money to try and regain entry to the Premiership wouldn't have even existed.

In my opinion.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )