SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I don’t think any aid that comes in can only be given to certain clubs, lower league or not.

He could make individual donations to each club in the same way he does to Hearts but I guess that would be a lot of hassle.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

9 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Court case won't be about trying to reverse expelling us ! Any action will be for compensation I've been told 

I know. It will be for compensation.

What was being debated (and what I was querying) was that Supposedly you can’t be seen to damage fellow members (which going to court potentially would) and the suggestion was that because the fellow members had been given money by Anderson they weren’t being materially damaged. So, we couldn’t be seen to be materially damaging a fellow member. I was saying we (Hearts) wouldn’t be the ones who had given the members the money, so how would us taking them to court and taking money from them not be materially damaging to them. Maybe I’m getting the wrong end of the stick 🤷🏻

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Commenting on reconstruction while constantly referring to relegation and using the word sporting yet completely ignoring the fact hearts, Partick and Stranraer were bombed out their leagues with more than enough points available to save themselves.  It’s absolutely fundamental to the argument that nobody was relegated they were expelled and there is nothing sporting about clubs voting to expel other clubs to protect their own position. 

Meanwhile, all these chairmen know the vote itself was rotten to the core but would rather work within a stinking, corrupt system until it’s their club that suffers. They’re nothing short of a disgrace and should be ashamed to come out their house let alone go sooking up to the weegie press In a desperate bid for significance before things eventually get back to normal and their clubs sink back into irrelevance.

Great post, GR. 

The entire, rotten episode summed up in a nutshell. 

Fourcandles
2 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Yep, it's dead. As much as it pains me to say it, the money provided by Anderson will hopefully give us a full/close to full Championship card next season.

Hopefully provided there's no freeze on promotion/relegation, we will go back up first time of asking. Just have to deal with it. I'm not fussed about the court case if she even decides to go ahead with it. If she does and it wins, great, it hurts clubs in the pocket. If she doesn't, well she has already said we have benefactors to cover our shortfall for this period, and I'm sure fans will continue to support the club financially.

The Ayr United chairman and his pals won't be enjoying money from Hearts, or certainly not nearly as much as they would have hoped for. Bring on the Championship.

Filling their away end and their coffers......dream on Porky.

Brighton Jambo
52 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I can only see out of all this reconstruction being voted against - JA saving all the clubs from going bust and us playing in the Championship whenever that may be,pretty gutted that this guy is coming in to help all these clubs that have effectively just thrown us under a bus - we'll end up with a pittance of compensation which will probably be undeclared then asked to move on - Anne has had some baffling decisions over the last few year's and I'm beginning to think with all this its going to be the same

This is where I am,  if the reconstruction vote fails then our best chance of reconstruction being forced is the threat of lots of clubs being unable to survive or unwilling to fulfil fixtures. 

if Anderson’s money means they can all carry on doesn’t that make reconstruction on those grounds less necessary and so increase our chances of being in the championship.  

so our benefactors money might perversely increase our chances of being in the championship.

what am I missing as this doesn’t make sense to me? 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Goodfella said:

Yep, it's dead. As much as it pains me to say it, the money provided by Anderson will hopefully give us a full/close to full Championship card next season.

Hopefully provided there's no freeze on promotion/relegation, we will go back up first time of asking. Just have to deal with it. I'm not fussed about the court case if she even decides to go ahead with it. If she does and it wins, great, it hurts clubs in the pocket. If she doesn't, well she has already said we have benefactors to cover our shortfall for this period, and I'm sure fans will continue to support the club financially.

The Ayr United chairman and his pals won't be enjoying money from Hearts, or certainly not nearly as much as they would have hoped for. Bring on the Championship.

Looks, to me, increasingly like the route we'll go  down. Andersons money used to allow a full championship campaign and back up next year. There will be no court case, there is no cunning masterplan/sting being enacted in the background. We'll accept some paltry compo offer, take the moral high ground and Donkey will keep his job. 

Scottish footbal is slowly killing itself. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Rumours that there might only be sixteen teams able to commit to being able to start in August and being able to complete a full season.  If that is the case it’s an interesting proposition as to how Doncaster and Co go about things now. It also shows up how much hot air is coming out of some of these roaster in charge of lower division clubs.

2 leagues of 8 😂 relegate stnirren, Hamilton and RC with us - glorious 

Byyy The Light
21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

its funny I just saw that and was thinking that. A man who every year gets a topless woman with the Ayr top painted on to advertise their strip. I am starting to wonder if misogyny is playing part in the words and actions of chairmen (and managers.) As you say that wording is definately giving that impression.

It is 100% playing it’s part. This is personal against Ann Budge because she’s a woman. It’s maybe not the sole reason but it’s playing it’s part, as are her comments (and no doubt some of her actions) about the SPFL board when she was on it. 

Kylejordan

It is looking more and more likely we are going to be in the championship. None of us are happy about it, we have been royally shafted by absolute cretin owners who have only ever made decisions for their own self interest but god forbid we make the same ones. Don’t see any other club getting hounded in the press by so called journalists or pundits and i use that term very loosely. 
I for one don’t want JA to give any of those clubs his money. They voted to end the season and screw 3 teams over so start the leagues in August. We have said we are able to and if they can’t fulfil their fixtures then each game we get the points and we will then romp to the championship even quicker than we did last time around. heck I reckon playing against training mannequins will give us a harder game than some of the teams in the championship. 
how they can expect to leave a club our size in cold storage is beyond me. 
what amazes me though is how we are the club who are getting shafted the most but still we are the club who is trying to help every other bugger out. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He could make individual donations to each club in the same way he does to Hearts but I guess that would be a lot of hassle.

I think that falls foul of the rule about having a financial stake in clubs competing against each other. Although I might be wrong about that. Seems like Doncaster and MacLennan will have insisted on any help offered to the SPFL being distributed amongst all the member clubs. 

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

There will be a Court case rest my kB future on it...

I now hope there's not a court case!!!!!

28 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I hear you, mate.

I was thinking more along the lines of a law firm taking on all and any case because money is money (to them). I guess some firms body swerve certain cases, as it doesn’t fit into their business model?

Who knows?

Yep, time will tell. 

Onwards and upwards no matter what league we find ourselves in next season. 

Mon the Hearts. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

its funny I just saw that and was thinking that. A man who every year gets a topless woman with the Ayr top painted on to advertise their strip. I am starting to wonder if misogyny is playing part in the words and actions of chairmen (and managers.) As you say that wording is definately giving that impression.

Obviously Ann Budge's success outwith football show her to be a lot more successful human being than he could ever imagine to be. He obviously wakes up, drags his fat ass out of bed and wonders where his life al went wrong.. and as for his comment about our fans "taking the huff"? You better believe it lard-boy! Ill never spend another penny at any of these small minded chorus' clubs again.

WorldChampions1902
8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or does this Anderson bloke convince Doncaster that this is an emergency  situation - with or without the money - and the SPFL can force through reconstruction that way.

Is it simply about getting someone into a virtual room with Doncaster who isn’t Liewell who is independent of this shit show and actually manages to get Doncaster’s attention enough to make him do something like a leader.

One thing that struck me about Ann’s interview at the weekend was that she mentioned the option of the SPFL effectively forcing reconstruction through due to this being an emergency situation

She then very specifically said - I’m not sure about that I haven’t read that article in the rules.

I don’t believe that for a second - there is no way on gods earth that Ann generally won’t have been advised of this article but more specifically she wouldn’t specifically refer to it in an interview and not know what it said.

I was puzzled about this at the time but this must have been part of the strategy - maybe to continue with the “daft lassie” kind of thing. 

I can’t put my finger on it but she knows what that article says for sure. 

My take on that part of the interview was that Ann was telling the SPFL, if this goes to court, don’t attempt to say that this whole shambles couldn’t be avoided. I know per the rules, you could have stepped in because of the emergency situation and taken an Executive decision to reconstruct. You chose not to. Yet another example of failure in your duty of care to clubs. Put some more noughts on that compensation claim M’lud.

By flagging it up now, she has also given these charlatans a late opportunity to avoid court action. If they have any sense, they will be looking through their rules and regs and considering their options. Not holding my breath.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think that falls foul of the rule about having a financial stake in clubs competing against each other. Although I might be wrong about that. Seems like Doncaster and MacLennan will have insisted on any help offered to the SPFL being distributed amongst all the member clubs. 

If he's giving a donation then that's having a financial stake. 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ayr United chairman is on Twitter, don’t miss jambos. And let’s make sure this fool knows not only will they not be getting up, they won’t be getting any away day revenues.

E96BDBF7-397F-412D-AB1F-DCBA65DA14B0.jpeg

Just checked him out on Twitter and there are all sorts of tweets supporting Trump.  The guy is a proper ****

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Doesn't seem very concerned about going down the toilet 

Interestingly doesn’t even mention Stranraer or particularly Partick - you know, the team that was in his club’s division and he was happy to vote them down a league even though they had a game in hand.  Even though he favoured null and void, so presumably he thought promotion and relegation were unfair.  But now, he’s so obsessed with “relegating” Hearts he doesn’t care about unfairly punishing Partick or Stranraer.

And as has been been pointed out by others regarding changing the rules to save us, he doesn’t seem to get the irony that the rules were changed to demote all 3 clubs and that all 3 clubs that were bottom after 30 games last season managed to play their way out of trouble.  A luxury we haven’t been allowed. 

Just now, SUTOL said:

If he's giving a donation then that's having a financial stake. 

Would that not mean he can only offer non-cash material assistance whilst he’s giving actual cash to Hearts?

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Rangers were liquidated they are dead - Rangers mark 2 is a new company and is heading the same way

How many times do folk have to point this out??

You don't need to point it out. nobody apart from you is interested in this earth shattering stat.

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If this surrounds paying for testing and the likes, I doubt he would trust enough owners to spend the cash on that.

I can see how it’s played out as it has. Some of the scabs in the Premiership receiving similar aid is just a consequence we need to live with, as much as it pains.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Would that not mean he can only offer non-cash material assistance whilst he’s giving actual cash to Hearts?

Would love it if after all the  nit picking by McLennan and Doncaster if he insisted that the money was only for lower league clubs and made that public and withdrew the offer because of their behaviour

Edited by Deevers

I still don't get why we don't go 14-10-10-10.

Youre then saying to the lower leagues, OK, nothing changes for you, if that's what you want.

It saves Hearts, PT and Stranraer and there are no real long term implications and in fact would prob be kept unless we voted in something radically different in a couple years time.

Just the option which has always made most sense to me.

I get the the lower leagues won't happen and it doesn't take that into account, but they don't seem to give a shit so status quo it is for them

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

You don't need to point it out. nobody apart from you is interested in this earth shattering stat.

He’s pointing it  out because you posted a factually incorrect post about Rangers being demoted to the 4th tier. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Youre then saying to the lower leagues, OK, nothing changes for you, if that's what you want.

It saves Hearts, PT and Stranraer and there are no real long term implications and in fact would prob be kept unless we voted in something radically different in a couple years time.

I get the the lower leagues won't happen and it doesn't take that into account, but they don't seem to give a shit so status quo it is for them

I agree but not sure how it saves PTFC and Stranraer 

part_time_jambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s pointing it  out because you posted a factually incorrect post about Rangers being demoted to the 4th tier. 

🥱

Byyy The Light
25 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

If reconstruction requires to be voted on by all 42 clubs then it will fail.  There are too many clubs with "owners" who run their clubs as their own personal fiefdom.  Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Personally, offer them feck all and take the drop.  In parallel, litigate the *******s.

:pleasing:

Tommy Brown
28 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Mr Anderson rattles the feed bag, and all the wee fat piggies come running as fast as their little trotters can carry them, squealing as they jostle for position at the trough.

42A9676B-AB5C-43EB-B00E-C7DC4098DD7E.jpeg

When you look at that photo.

You wonder sober he is when posting on twitter.

jamborambo

As someone posted earlier JA could simply sponsor all league’s below the Premier league.

Baillie Gifford Championship etc.

The sponsorship monies are only to be used for Covid testing. So if  clubs Have other financial issues they will not be able to use any of The sponsors cash to bail them out.

This ensures no financial assistance to any top league teams.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Problem is the lower leagues wont accept the overall membership increasing to 44 and letting in Brora and Kelty. Didn't the League 2 clubs issue a joint statement saying they would only vote for 14-14-14, but then you've got bottom half L1 clubs that don't want to end up in the bottom tier (even though they would still be in the third tier, its that fear of being nearer the trap door- typical Scottish ambition!). Real lack of ambition from Championship clubs, none of them are worse off in the sense they are still just one promotion away from the Prem and there are more places in the Prem which must be better for them long term and we all know that if this was voted in just now there would be a good chance at it being made permanent in 2 years time

south morocco
58 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

The JA money is purely providing the funds to ensure the appropriate testing at the lower levels to ensure that clubs who would normally not be able to afford testing can and thus play next season. 

Apparently ND briefed the SPL teams what the money was donated for.

Clubs which are not viable will still go bust and thus reconstruction will happen after Covid has been dealt with

That’s basically it. Spfl are dragging this out. The testing funding offer is a way of making clubs state their financial positions in relation to playing full fixtures BCD. Now it’ll be all plain to see who can or can’t forcing reconstruction of some kind to fit what’s left of the 42-44 clubs. 

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The problem to me with that has always been, and it remains the case even with JA’s money, that clubs WILL STILL NOT be able to operate.

So if 3 in the Championship can’t, and 4 in leagues 1 and 2 can’t, all 3 leagues are unable to function and won’t go ahead.

That’s why a 14/14/14 set up made more sense. There would still be enough teams in each league (certainly the top 2) left to form a league(s) and complete a campaign.

13 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

If he's giving a donation then that's NOT having a financial stake. 

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Typo, in the previous post.

That's if omitting a word can be classed as a typo.  🤔

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

2 leagues of 8 😂 relegate stnirren, Hamilton and RC with us - glorious 

That would certainly  give them all the Old Firm Bigot extravaganzas that Sky so desperately want. 😁

Edited by Deevers

SPFL want an email by Friday.

That should give them plenty of time to work on St Mirren, St Johnstone et al via their usual process of coercion.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

When you look at that photo.

You wonder sober he is when posting on twitter.

Boy’s some creature.

jamborambo
3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

That’s basically it. Spfl are dragging this out. The testing funding offer is a way of making clubs state their financial positions in relation to playing full fixtures BCD. Now it’ll be all plain to see who can or can’t forcing reconstruction of some kind to fit what’s left of the 42-44 clubs. 

yes so basically if there are not enough lower league clubs to make a viable league below the Premier, & Hearts are able and willing to play, then we have a very strong case for serious compensation, or reconstruction must be imposed, because as an SPFL member club, we must have a league to play in.

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Typo, in the previous post.

That's if omitting a word can be classed as a typo.  🤔

Cool, thanks. Couldn’t be arsed checking. Newcastle and Rangers and Hearts and Kaunas were the two cases I could think of, but didn’t care enough to research to deeply.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

each league needs two new teams as two have moved up to 14. So Partick would stay in the Championship (with Falkirk gone up as well,) Stranraer would stay in League 1 with Edinburgh city gone up as well and it allows Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers. 

John Gentleman
14 hours ago, Bickfest said:

Karma can hurt!. This might get very interesting............ Still think that, if advised of all of this, the clubs will definitely vote against reconstruction?

Confucius say, "when men have other men by the balls, hearts and minds will always follow".

Jamboelite
12 minutes ago, Rods said:

SPFL want an email by Friday.

That should give them plenty of time to work on St Mirren, St Johnstone et al via their usual process of coercion.

An email from who ?

You seem to have some blind optimism but im just not sure why.

As it stands im actually struggling to want to go back to Scottish football when all this is done.

Its full of ****wits and arseholes out to shaft everyone over and we are getting ridden dry at every turn, including by our own members organisation board.

Edited by Jamboelite

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If ourselves and Inverness are in a 14 team SPL, two clubs step up from L1 to Championship, Partick and Falkirk, plus Stranraer and Edinburgh City move to L1.  Additionally there are two extra places for Brora and Kelty, its the ultimate no brainier zero detriment solution.

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

An email from who ?

You seem to have some blind optimism but im just not sure why.

As it stands im actually struggling to want to go back to Scottish football when all this is done.

Its full of ****wits and arseholes out to shaft everyone over and we are getting ridden dry at every turn, including by our own members organisation board.

The whole saga has become a drain on everyones mental status. Bad enough being locked down for 10 weeks but having to read the daily scottish football pish has worn me out.

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They'd also be back to their correct divisions, champ and L1 respectively.  Brora and Kelty also get their promotions

23 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Problem is the lower leagues wont accept the overall membership increasing to 44 and letting in Brora and Kelty. Didn't the League 2 clubs issue a joint statement saying they would only vote for 14-14-14, but then you've got bottom half L1 clubs that don't want to end up in the bottom tier (even though they would still be in the third tier, its that fear of being nearer the trap door- typical Scottish ambition!). Real lack of ambition from Championship clubs, none of them are worse off in the sense they are still just one promotion away from the Prem and there are more places in the Prem which must be better for them long term and we all know that if this was voted in just now there would be a good chance at it being made permanent in 2 years time

I get that, but it would cost the league an overall £80k in prize money to add two teams.  We can't find that?  Of course we can.  Especially with JA's money, now that he's involved!

21 minutes ago, Whatever said:

The problem to me with that has always been, and it remains the case even with JA’s money, that clubs WILL STILL NOT be able to operate.

So if 3 in the Championship can’t, and 4 in leagues 1 and 2 can’t, all 3 leagues are unable to function and won’t go ahead.

That’s why a 14/14/14 set up made more sense. There would still be enough teams in each league (certainly the top 2) left to form a league(s) and complete a campaign.

Yeah, that's the issue, but if they won't vote for something that helps them, then vote for somehting that has zero effect on their current situation but save the three wronged clubs.

For me a 14-10-10-10 should have been part of the original resolution from the SPFL.  It would have saved all of this.  Then as the landscape changed, there could have been a look at proper reconstruction to safeguard the game as a whole with less of the bickering and ill feeling.

The SPFL, as always, have made and absolute dug's boaby of the whole thing

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

If ourselves and Inverness are in a 14 team SPL, two clubs step up from L1 to Championship, Partick and Falkirk, plus Stranraer and Edinburgh City move to L1.  Additionally there are two extra places for Brora and Kelty, its the ultimate no brainier zero detriment solution.

Yep fair enough, thought it had 12 teams in it at the moment, my mistake . seems so obvious.. so reconstruction only for the top flight .. everyone happy

Edited by kingantti1874

58 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I am not sure stacks of Hearts fans calling him a dick on Twitter, is the best plan to get him on board with our way of thinking.

I don't know given the pish he spouted in the media he would probably like the attention, no matter the content.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I get that, but it would cost the league an overall £80k in prize money to add two teams.  We can't find that?  Of course we can.  Especially with JA's money, now that he's involved!

I know, but their backward ambition hinders their thinking. Its the same logic as clubs in the Prem not seeing the woods from the trees. Short term, hand to mouth tactics of not wanting to lose their 3/4 OF visits a year versus tangible change that could see a less stale league (and less chance of relegation if recon made permanent)

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

55 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This is where I am,  if the reconstruction vote fails then our best chance of reconstruction being forced is the threat of lots of clubs being unable to survive or unwilling to fulfil fixtures. 

if Anderson’s money means they can all carry on doesn’t that make reconstruction on those grounds less necessary and so increase our chances of being in the championship.  

so our benefactors money might perversely increase our chances of being in the championship.

what am I missing as this doesn’t make sense to me? 

Exactly - our benefactor is giving one of the most corrupt organisations on the go money aswell,look at Doncaster getting the wheels of this in motion now whereas for the last few weeks he's been sitting at home (probably watching Celtic DVD'S) just waiting without coming up with ANY plans in how to save Scottish Football - I'm uneasy with one of our benefactors helping out clubs like Elgin St Mirren Ayr and ****ing Dundee who have either slaughtered us in the press or have taken bungs to change votes 😕

Edited by rory78

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep fair enough, thought it had 12 teams in it at the moment, my mistake . seems so obvious.. so reconstruction only for the top flight .. everyone happy

Obvious and simple will clearly never work in Scottish Football.

First they told us that we couldn’t increase the size of the SPL as Sky would insist on renegotiating the TV contract... Sky said they have no issues whatsoever with a 14 team SPL.

Secondly SPL clubs said that two extra teams would lead to an unacceptable dilution of their TV cash, yet this whole debate now seems to have morphed into some existential punish Hearts campaign, in which zero detriment has gone out the window.  We are now at a stage that clubs would rather we take them to court for potentially £3m plus compensation, than forego somewhere in the region of £50k each to slightly realign SPL Prize money.  A £50k loss which will be more than mitigated by any assistance provided by James Anderson.

The SPFL has now reached a stage of craziness which is bat shit mental even by the standards of Scottish football.

34 minutes ago, jamborambo said:

As someone posted earlier JA could simply sponsor all league’s below the Premier league.

Baillie Gifford Championship etc.

The sponsorship monies are only to be used for Covid testing. So if  clubs Have other financial issues they will not be able to use any of The sponsors cash to bail them out.

This ensures no financial assistance to any top league teams.

Not sure if lower league Scottish football has the image that Baillie Gifford or their international investment wing's marketing team are looking for in terms of sponsorship partners. It would be like when Intelligent Finance sponsored Livingston when they went bust. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )