SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Tom English asking for clarification on why Ann said it was to help lower league clubs struggling and now all of a sudden its for all 42, also calling out Cosgrove for his comments :lol: called them petty and ill informed.

To be fair, petty and I'll informed is literally the tag line of his show! 

15 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Banderson just adding his own touches to differentiate him from other journos. No way is JA is going to subsidise wages, bills etc.

Agree would be stunned if he was paying wages etc to all these clubs - most clubs need a lot of players so what's to stop them trying to sign a high earned then pass that onto JA to pay (can't see it happening) Barry Anderson gets majority of his info on here I'm sure and he's just added another little bit to make his story look interesting (which it normally isn't as we already know most of the stuff he prints) 

1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

To be fair, petty and I'll informed is literally the tag line of his show! 

For the last few months , if not years , Sportsound has been a challenger for that title.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Forgiveness follows repentance and to repent you have to have knowledge and that's a non-starter short of a miracle for you.

You've taken a tongue in cheek comment and done a Cummings on it.

The quote, by the way  is not tongue in cheek.

You can come back if you want to but, as has been proven with the vast majority of your "football" posts, there's no point on casting pearls before porcos, si I will cease and desist wasting my time.

Repent!!!

You’re not going to admit you’re a hypocrite so let’s just leave it there big guy 👍

21 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Surely, if reconstruction fails, we revert to the default position and the 36 Championship, League 1 and League 2 fixtures are scheduled to start as usual, with Jim Anderson's pot of cash to cover the additional costs to cover Covid19 testing and protocols. 

Only then will we smoke out the clubs who are ready and able to play a full season from those that can't and won't. 

I'll stick my neck out and say Ayr won't be one of them. 

Once we know who can actually start the season, it'll be up the SPFL to come up with a revised league structure to accommodate the teams that are good to play a full season. 

If the money is for general infrastructure and testing it would be good for some leadership to tell clubs there will be consequences if they don't want to play. 

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

For the last few months , if not years , Sportsound has been a challenger for that title.

I think there is just a lack of any credible sports journalism in Scotland. Can you imagine if this had happened in the EPL, COVID-19 wouldn't have got a look in on the nightly news bulletins. Liverpool's tainted title and Norwich suing for £100m would have been everywhere. Chairmen stepping down, public enquiries the lot. 

manaliveits105

I assume that all 42 clubs are included now in the JA offer as the SPFL must be seen to be FAIR to all 42 clubs just like they were to Hearts ,Partick and Stranraer during a global pandemic 

Sorry Im lost - it all beggars belief

Heartsmad1874

Just heard Brian saying that if this is classed as commercial income to the SPFL, the articles of association stipulate that Premiership clubs get 84%. They ***** shouldn’t be getting a penny especially neither old firm team or Hibs.

12 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

“Then Jesus will say to those on his left [unbelievers] , ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.   For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’   Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’   Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these [my followers], you did not do it to me.’  And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Oh Jesus, that's not very Christian of you and a bit aggressive!

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Forgiveness follows repentance and to repent you have to have knowledge and that's a non-starter short of a miracle for you.

You've taken a tongue in cheek comment and done a Cummings on it.

The quote, by the way  is not tongue in cheek.

You can come back if you want to but, as has been proven with the vast majority of your "football" posts, there's no point on casting pearls before porcos, si I will cease and desist wasting my time.

Repent!!!

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You’re not going to admit you’re a hypocrite so let’s just leave it there big guy 👍

Any chance you could both take this to PMs so we don't have to endure what is essentially preaching on a topic about football, please? 

15 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Firstly thanks for recognising a vastly superior intellect..can't be easy for having to admit it

How has he got his hands on the money ?…..you don't even know yet how it is going to be distributed...Try and respect other viewpoints

PS you seem to be giving Doncaster a heck of a lot of credit when we are currently owned by a

successful business lady who I think knows more than Doncaster and even worse you seem to be underestimating a philanthropist who has managed funds in the billions

I think we know who we'd invest in and who has the  greater intellect

And who'll be running the SPFL board and won't be these two clowns

John Gentleman
5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Just heard Brian saying that if this is classed as commercial income to the SPFL, the articles of association stipulate that Premiership clubs get 84%. They ***** shouldn’t be getting a penny especially neither old firm team or Hibs.

No way can it be classed as commercial income as there is no potential gain for the providing entity (JA). If they haven't already got one, they'll have to create a new class for this money. Try "Unsolicited Philanthropic Contributions". Jim will already have a padlock on that. He didn't get to be where he is by being an eejit. Budge would've had him well briefed before he uttered a word to Doncaster too.

14 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I honestly can’t see we’re the positives are for us in all of this. We have a benefactor who’s been putting money into the club now looking to help out other clubs that have been pretty much putting the boot into us for the last couple of months. Just when you think things can’t get any worse they do.

Have faith Gorgie the folk we have are wiping the floor with what we all know is a corrupt and not fit for purpose organisation

13 clubs voted for an investigation

Ann budge has been doing work they should be

Celtics contribution is get the fixtures out

Im laughing my head off JA and AB are making them looks like the idiots they are 

Nice piece on Maclennon quoted above (Shifty ?? position untenable?)  We're burning the house down with the fire extinguisher in our hands 

These are serious business people who have cleary had enough of cheating lying lazy (1 club)arseholes

The Premiership wanting 84% may be a good thing....to scupper the whole thing.

Self interest kicking yourself up the arse.

Edited by DETTY29

4 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

No way can it be classed as commercial income as there is no potential gain for the providing entity (JA). If they haven't already got one, they'll have to create a new class for this money. Try "Unsolicited Philanthropic Contributions". Jim will already have a padlock on that. He didn't get to be where he is by being an eejit. Budge would've had him well briefed before he uttered a word to Doncaster too.

Rather than giving money to SPFL, which would be simpler, the donations to each club is an alternative.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Have faith Gorgie the folk we have are wiping the floor with what we all know is a corrupt and not fit for purpose organisation

13 clubs voted for an investigation

Ann budge has been doing work they should be

Celtics contribution is get the fixtures out

Im laughing my head off JA and AB are making them looks like the idiots they are 

Nice piece on Maclennon quoted above (Shifty ?? position untenable?)  We're burning the house down with the fire extinguisher in our hands 

These are serious business people who have cleary had enough of cheating lying lazy (1 club)arseholes

Sorry mate but I’m just not seeing it.

Any news on how the premiership meeting went? Understand it was from 11am and was supposed to be a couple of hours.

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Bizarrely, Sportsound has been more of a comedy show than Off the Ball in recent years, not in a good way.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Sorry mate but I’m just not seeing it.

Patience GR we're going nowhere this has a long way to play out

Many successful business men in charge of football clubs will be wincing at the goings on over the last few weeks - make no mistake 

Heartsmad1874
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Any news on how the premiership meeting went? Understand it was from 11am and was supposed to be a couple of hours.

Think Premiership clubs were briefed yesterday and told to reply via email in the coming days, Championship meeting today and L1 & 2 tomorrow.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

36 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

On today’s Sportsound podcast,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08ftktd 

Tom English having a wee dig at the Premiership clubs was nice:

“Where are the Neil Doncasters and the Leeann Dempsters?” “Could there be other investors brought to the table as Ann Budge, has done”?

A lot of these other arseholes still not putting the pieces together, that how they react to Anderson’s gift will likely dictate his future actions.

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If the money is for general infrastructure and testing it would be good for some leadership to tell clubs there will be consequences if they don't want to play. 

Maybe if it is allocated out on a needs basis, then clubs will be forced to be honest about their financial situation, and ability to play behind closed doors. 🤔

John Gentleman
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rather than giving money to SPFL, which would be simpler, the donations to each club is an alternative.

He's probably got that sown up too. He might not be gifting any money directly to either the SPFL or the clubs. Instead, he'll simply be on the receiving end of the invoices for the Covid-19 tests.

Lots of ways to skin cats......

Edited by John Gentleman

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

He's probably got that sown up too. He might not be gifting any money directly to either the SPL or the clubs. Instead, he'll simply be on the receiving end of the invoices for the Covid-19 tests.

Lots of ways to skin cats......

Yes, this is likely be it. After what's gone on the last couple of months how could anyone trust the SPFL or member clubs to use the money properly.

18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Premiership wanting 84% may be a good thing....to scupper the whole thing.

Self interest kicking yourself up the arse.

How sweet would that be? ❤️

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, graygo said:

How sweet would that be? ❤️

I do want this to fail. **** giving money to the other clubs

36 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I'm sure it can be arranged that a central fund is created from which any lower league club can apply for funding, i.e. bypassing the SPFL altogether.

John Gentleman
10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Tom English having a wee dig at the Premiership clubs was nice:

“Where are the Neil Doncasters and the Leeann Dempsters?” “Could there be other investors brought to the table as Ann Budge, has done”?

A lot of these other arseholes still not putting the pieces together, that how they react to Anderson’s gift will likely dictate his future actions.

English has got it wrong. Budge didn't introduce an investor; she introduced a philanthropist. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ayr is an old firm infested mess of a town, took the family down there last year as I hadn’t been for 20 years, it’s was either tapps aft or Celtic tops, with thousands of tramps drinking Buckie in public parks. On a Saturday afternoon.. 

So the Ayr chairmans whole outlook is to pander to the local tourists.  Figures.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

exactly, if they have to play BCD lots of clubs can not afford that, unless they get their fans donating money to them that matches the required income. i doubt that would happen at the required level, i am including teams from all 4 leagues in this. It is why i agree woth those that have said each club should be showing what they can do in regards to playing games. Such as

1 - can play BCD from august

2- can play when fans are allowed back in say from jan with a limited capacity of 30%

3 - cant play until fans are back in as normal

Surely for every club outwith the SPL bar ourselves points 2 and 3 are interchangeable.  In fact cut the limit to 15% and most would be fine.

45 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

84%! How was that ever allowed to happen? 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I do want this to fail. **** giving money to the other clubs

ditto

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Cameron's quote, “I just think it’s too messy and there are too many things going on."

He's right about that. A second wave of Covid-19 would lay waste to the whole competition.

So he’s generally for reconstruction.  Why doesn’t the pr1ck suggest some of his own ideas then instead of just slaughtering the only person so far that has been arsed enough to try to do something about it?

3 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

84%! How was that ever allowed to happen? 

The clubs voted for it and to be fair the top league probably generate as much if not more than that.

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bizarrely, Sportsound has been more of a comedy show than Off the Ball in recent years, not in a good way.

Agreed Packy Bonner, Chick Young, Willie Miller, Derek Ferguson and hosts of others ....

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Agreed Packy Bonner, Chick Young, Willie Miller, Derek Ferguson and hosts of others ....

Willie Miller and Derek Ferguson are Dumb and Dumber - Richard Gordon and Chick Young being Beavis and Butthead

CavySlaveJambo

Is there anything in company law, to allow for donations such as these to be ring fenced for a certain purpose (namely covid testing) separate from general funds, like Charities can be made to do? 

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

The clubs voted for it and to be fair the top league probably generate as much if not more than that.

But if you are part of a collective, the whole point is to get a more even and sustainable distribution of income. 16% between 30 clubs, no wonder everyone is skint. 

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Some people seem to think this cash in some way undermines ABs / Hearts position ; I think it works in our favour because it closes off a number of options.  and forces ALL clubs onto the field of play potentially. 

Regarding legal action, it possibly strengthens our position, if anything, since we are seen to be altruistically attempting to do even more for the sake of Scottish football before resorting to the courts.

However, legal action was always meant to be a last option. The primary effect of the threat of legal action was I imagine to encourage the SPFL to take reconstruction seriously in order to avoid legal recourse. The SPFL surely must have realised that the possible financial repercussions of Hearts' legal success would be detrimental, as would the court getting to hear all about the vote shenanigans with witnesses under oath. We'd already seen the results of this pressure, a turn in the weather where the SPFL and some clubs were starting to make more positive noises about reconstruction. For a wee while, it was looking far more positive than before.

But now, with the introduction of the benefactor, the first of these reasons for SPFL clubs to be nervous of legal action, the financial aspect, is diminished, thus leaving reconstruction less possible. Not only that but we are linked to the benefactor's offer, thus meaning that there is a tendency *not* to allow reconstruction as this might be seen as having been brought about through our use of financial influence.

So, yes, in my opinion it does undermine our position as regards reconstruction.

29 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

English has got it wrong. Budge didn't introduce an investor; she introduced a philanthropist. 

Aye! A big difference.

kingantti1874

Given JA is a close friend of Ann I still can’t get my head around him doing something which undermines hearts and Ann. There must be pieces we can’t see 

5 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Is there anything in company law, to allow for donations such as these to be ring fenced for a certain purpose (namely covid testing) separate from general funds, like Charities can be made to do? 

Doesn't need company law. It can be structured that way by simply making the gift conditional.

7 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Doncaster's bonus for more income streams.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given JA is a close friend of Ann I still can’t get my head around him doing something which undermines hearts and Ann. There must be pieces we can’t see 

It’s his money, maybe she doesn’t agree with what he’s proposing.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )