SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's hurt to see them have such an easy time of it so they can kid themselves they're the real 3rd force (whatever that's worth). That's another area where natural order needs to be returned to asap, with us above them most years.

After administration it was always going to take years to catch up on many clubs and that was with some shrewd investment on players that in large didn't happen. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:spoton:

Rod Stewart said he'd bail out Scottish football about 2 weeks ago. Talksport. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

We should take a shite in a bag and deliver it to the like of St Mirren & Hibs etc.....There’s your donation ya mutant bassas. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Wonder what the hold up is? Maybe been asked to submit a ‘paper’

true-jambo
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aberdeen - have been top 2/3 and in multiple cup finals for several years, in Europe next year - 6000

Hearts - have been shite for 2.5 seasons, entire future uncertain but most likely in the championship, may not even be a full season - 5000

Not to mention additional contributors and increased donations to FOH

Just now, GinRummy said:

Wonder what the hold up is? Maybe been asked to submit a ‘paper’

Feck knows. Maybe he has conditions attached. Like Scottish cup draws, hauf pisht. 

37 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Here is my thruppence worth

James Anderson has made a sum of money available to Doncaster and the SPFL with no strings attached.  Probably between 1 and 2 £m.

He will be watching like a Hawk (capital H intentional) to see how it’s distributed before he decides if more money will be made available. 

In other words, if the Premier league clubs get their usual lions share, no future contributions will be made. 

As I said, only my opinion.

My thoughts too. Not just how it’s distributed either... also how the board and the member clubs decide to condict themselves when it comes to things like votes on reconstruction, or what they say in the media.

David McCaig
36 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Could be that they are worried that any season ticket money may need to be refunded later if the season goes up so they dont want that demand to refund money happen when they have no money

Or that they are actively considering administration which automatically screws ST holders as they become a creditor.

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

I simply can’t get my head round this either especially having heard that jakeball from Ayr. 

The Ayr guy was clearly already against reconstruction which is a good example of why we are now working it from different angles.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

The Ayr guy was clearly already against reconstruction which is a good example of why we are now working it from different angles.

Wonder if he would be so against it if he was in Caley's position. "Self interest"

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aberdeen - have been top 2/3 and in multiple cup finals for several years, in Europe next year - 6000

Hearts - have been shite for 2.5 seasons, entire future uncertain but most likely in the championship, may not even be a full season - 5000

Bumming up their AberDNA scheme no mention of increase or existence of FoH in the sentence about Hearts. Call me bitter.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Bet that was a tasty hangover when he realised what he’d said. Mhanky Worzel Gummidge looking tosspot.

I know it has been officially declared that SPL season has ended and Celtic are champions and Hearts " relegated" but I was still shocked to see this new Championship status confirmed on Wikipedia.

Is it time to accept this? 

Fxxx the SPFL

I 100% WANT THIS TO GO TO COURT BUT HAVE A FEELING THAT IT WON'T POSSIBLY BECAUSE JA/OTHER BENEFACTORS HAVE ALREADY AGREED TO BANKROLL US FOR FIVE YEARS AND THEY MAY PUT IN MORE TO ASSIST AFTER SPEAKING WITH AB.

IT WILL LET THAT SNEAKY BAR STEWARD DUNGCASTER AND HIS CELTIC CHUMS KEEP THERE JOBS.

FECK THE SPFL AND ALL WHO SAIL IN HER.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Bet that was a tasty hangover when he realised what he’d said. Mhanky Worzel Gummidge looking tosspot.

Don't mind auld Rod, seems alright to me(except his celtic obsession)  But I suppose we all love our own teams. 

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

I know it has been officially declared that SPL season has ended and Celtic are champions and Hearts " relegated" but I was still shocked to see this new Championship status confirmed on Wikipedia.

Haha. No point going to court if it's already on Wiki.

2 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

I wouldn’t pay any attention to Wikipedia. 

Anyone seen this yet.

SPFL set to pay Sky £1.5m

The SPFL could pay Sky £1.5m in compensation.

According to the Daily Record, the league body will refund the broadcaster £300,000 per season over the next five years following the termination of the current campaign.

The compensation relates to games the Sky missed out on.

from the scotsman.

Edited by HMFC01

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

Get over to your own forum. 

Clown. 

WorldChampions1902
Just now, HMFC01 said:

Anyone seen this yet.

from the scotsman.

Sweet. More financial strain heaped onto the pile.

Guest ToqueJambo

The other thing about Cameron's comments and lots of others saying no-one would be bothering if it was Hamilton or St Mirren in Hearts position.

This is bollocks. Just like there's no way the league would have been called if Rangers were 4 pts behind Celtic with 8 to play, if Hamilton was 4 pts behind Hearts, Hamilton would be getting way more sympathy. The narrative would be "it's a disgrace the big club Hearts are given a free pass to stay in the Premiership while Hamilton get demoted when they could easily catch Hearts with 8 to play. We must find a way to finish the league in case Hamilton could catch Hearts."

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Anyone seen this yet.

from the scotsman.

Thanks for posting. You’ve got to imagine if SKY want cash back then BT, who do not have any relationship with Scottish football anymore, will want their cash back as well. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Anyone seen this yet.

from the scotsman.

So why couldn't we have finished the games then like in England and other leagues? No need to repay the money.

7 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

So if the JA money is not there to solve “hand to mouth existence as you put it, and I hope it isn’t tbh how is point 2 then “clever”? 
clubs in the championship having their Covid testing paid for them whilst great news for them I don’t see how it will allow a lot of these clubs who are struggling to play a full season BCD.

Indeed then back to compensation or forced recon (most likely) as your options

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

So why couldn't we have finished the games then like in England and other leagues? No need to repay the money.

I think we all know the answer to that one*.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Remember Doncaster saying we’d have to refund tv money if the league was called as null and void.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks for posting. You’ve got to imagine if SKY want cash back then BT, who do not have any relationship with Scottish football anymore, will want their cash back as well. 

And may not be as amiable to a reduced payment or instalments. Is this what Rangers were harping on about? That the repayment to broadcasters wasn't made clear to clubs at the original vote? 

1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

And may not be as amiable to a reduced payment or instalments. Is this what Rangers were harping on about? That the repayment to broadcasters wasn't made clear to clubs at the original vote? 

Yeah. It goes deeper than that. Clubs were led to believe that declaring the league complete and declaring Celtic champions would safeguard, in some way, the tv money. I’m sure somebody could find Doncaster’s actual slaverings from that time. 

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Remember Doncaster saying we’d have to refund tv money if the league was called as null and void.

He is an utterly clueless Welt.It is clear that you cant't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

James Anderson shouldn't have any dealings with somebody as untrustworthy as that prick

BT will defo want their money back after marketing genius Doncaster had a go at them for the quality of their coverage after signing the new deal with Sky (ignoring the  almost unanimous view from Scottish football fans that BT’s coverage was far superior). 

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He is an utterly clueless Welt.It is clear that you cant't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

James Anderson shouldn't have any dealings with somebody as untrustworthy as that prick

My advice to James Anderson would be to deal with the clubs directly, not through the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

BT will defo want their money back after marketing genius Doncaster had a go at them for the quality of their coverage after signing the new deal with Sky (ignoring the  almost unanimous view from Scottish football fans that BT’s coverage was far superior). 

Is that right? What an absolute bam that guy is. Why would you alienate a tv company who may well end up your best option in the future. If nobody bids against SKY next time the offer will be even shitter than it is now. 

Just now, Zico said:

:vrface:

He is an absolute clown in every way, shape and form.  He doesn't just burn his bridges, he vaporises them.

Imagine you worked at a car dealership, and any time someone came in to have a look at a car, you talked it down, made comments about how poor it was, and told them how all the other car dealerships around offered better products.  Then, when someone finally does put up with your shit for long enough to make a purchase, you tell them the other customers were far better.  You'd last less than a full shift, yet this is what he spends most of his time doing - and he gets paid nearly £400,000 a year to do so!

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'm left pretty puzzled by it too. 

Ann has tried to take the high road with these gutter dwelling *******s every step of the way and they have stabbed her in the back at every turn. There is zero reason at all to think this act of altruism is going to change that mindset. Actually, by removing the financial burden of Covid tests you do nothing to incentive their position. Doncaster may be an utter weasel of a man, but he knew from the outset that if you don't attach a financial benefit to voting a certain way then quite simply nothing will be achieved. 

However, I wonder if Mr Anderson is considering a league sponsorship type deal contingent on reconstruction? That would offer the necessary incentive to vote through recon as many of the diddy clubs have referenced 'nothing being in it for us', obviously that would then mean something is in it for them. Given the complete lack of finance in Scottish football, any amount to sponsor the lower leagues specifically wouldn't require a vast amount of money (relatively speaking of course, which is easy to say since its not my money!!). I don't know how deep his pockets are, but it sounds like he is an incredibly wealthy man who does have the resources and connections to do something like this. To put it simply, £1m spent on sponsoring the championship down is better than the £3m+ we stand to lose as a result of reconstruction failing. 

Like I say, I'm confused on what Ann's angle involving Anderson is in this. Does she think this will create some moral obligation the clubs will feel to soften their stance against reconstruction? Because I'll go back to my original point, these men are gutter dwelling rodents devoid of a moral compass. They will take the money gleefully and harden their stance further. 

Just a final point - Shame on the Oldfirm. Its taken a benefactor associated with a non-OF club to step up and try and save these smaller clubs from going bust. We constantly hear about all of Celtics famous celebrity fans - Rod Stewart, etc. and yet, its someone who has by the looks of things very little interest in football to actually step in and do what needs to be done. Fair play to James Anderson, he's doing something fantastic, but he shouldn't be in a position where he feels he has to. There are many wealthy stakeholders of the game attached to the OF who could and should have stepped up. Considering these two clubs are Scotlands biggest with resources that dwarf the rest of us, I can't help but feel it should be them stepping up. 

Agree with every word of this.

Mr Anderson should do the same as he and Hearts have done with the Save The Children sponsorship as you say. 

In the new format 14-14-14 the two lower ones can be a charity sponsor. if not a new format then no sponsorship.

The shame is indeed on the 'Old Firm'. Mr Anderson reminds me of that guy Tom who walked around his garden for the NHS. - Fantastic gesture but a travesty that he feels he needs to. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My advice to James Anderson would be to deal with the clubs directly, not through the SPFL.

That would be the best approach. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Doon the watter  :rofl:

Doon the shitter is more appropriate. 

Why are you not the Poet Laureate?

Just now, John Findlay said:

Why are you not the Poet Laureate?

His application form was, shall we say, rather uncouth :lol:

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I do want this to fail. **** giving money to the other clubs

D’ya know - I’m thinking that too.  Maybe it’s cutting off your nose to spite your face or something, but the vast majority of these ****s don’t deserve a penny.

But there will be plenty of squeals when their snouts are in the trough.

Edited by FWJ

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

His application form was, shall we say, rather uncouth :lol:

:biggrin2:

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yes, I am trying to find info on BT without using twitter, if anyone has anything can you post it please.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, another shambles in the making for Donny boy.

So for Celtic to claim their title, it's cost the rest of us £6.5m? Otherwise this would still be up for debate and finishing the season a possibility.

This needs to get taken to court, SPFL and Doncaster clearly not acting in the interest of ALL clubs.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I cant get my head around that we will be on the TV every other week, and the SPL gets 84% Hamilton and St Mirrens  of the world bring nada to the table,  we should get our own deal, remember we were not put there by sporting reasons, were were thrown out against our will

Even more reason to get these games beamed back to the Hearts bar and hospitality lounges.

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah. It goes deeper than that. Clubs were led to believe that declaring the league complete and declaring Celtic champions would safeguard, in some way, the tv money. I’m sure somebody could find Doncaster’s actual slaverings from that time. 

This could be a Netflix documentary series. More twists than the Tiger King. The thing is, people are starting to forget the mad things that happened at the start, not least the Dundee vote scandal, that alone should have cost Doncaster his job. 

On 15/08/2019 at 23:03, MCJamTart said:

A friend who has a daughter who plays football suggested an outsider from women's football.

Grant Scott of Hibs Ladies has done some good work. He is a Jambo and was Sandy Jardine's son in law.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get over to your own forum. 

Clown. 

Would have thought his suggestion for the next Hearts manager back in 2019 would have raised suspicions. 🙄

Doncaster's & Celtic's scheme was to deceive the rest into declaring the season to hand an unfinished title to Celtic,   on the bogus premise of reduced TV receipts and the lie that money couldn't even be distributed before declaring the season.

Now it transpires that the TV receipts ARE reduced after all... and BECAUSE of the declared and unfinished season.

The deceived cretins not only allowed themselves to be deceived,   on two counts,   but are also effectively paying for the privilege.

But let's all not bother protesting or anything.    Let's just vilify,   ridicule and ostracise Hearts instead.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

So for Celtic to claim their title, it's cost the rest of us £6.5m? Otherwise this would still be up for debate and finishing the season a possibility.

This needs to get taken to court, SPFL and Doncaster clearly not acting in the interest of ALL clubs.

Yep.   Celtic have effectively bought the title with the other clubs' money.    Not a peep of protest.    Some of them probably wont even notice.

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is that right? What an absolute bam that guy is. Why would you alienate a tv company who may well end up your best option in the future. If nobody bids against SKY next time the offer will be even shitter than it is now. 

Aye, the daft ***** was diplomatic as always. Scotsman opinion piece on it here.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )