SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

You assume too much....Nothing fake about my disappointment....Trust me!.........Can you enlighten me now that Doncaster has effectively got his hands on the cash how's it's going to be distributed?
PS......Try and respect other viewpoints, I know it must be difficult for someone like you with a vastly superior intellect.....   

Firstly thanks for recognising a vastly superior intellect..can't be easy for having to admit it

How has he got his hands on the money ?…..you don't even know yet how it is going to be distributed...Try and respect other viewpoints

PS you seem to be giving Doncaster a heck of a lot of credit when we are currently owned by a

successful business lady who I think knows more than Doncaster and even worse you seem to be underestimating a philanthropist who has managed funds in the billions

I think we know who we'd invest in and who has the  greater intellect

Edited by CJGJ

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

No longer active
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Why would you need to work to develop a concrete proposal, am I thick or something! Just say here’s our bank details or ask the clubs to forward there bank details. Divide it up equally so there’s no one screwed over like we were.

Maybe rather than hand out cash, he is saying I’ll pay for the .....  Please send me the invoices and I’ll pay

Here’s a thought nae a cunning plan. 
Anderson hands over £X Millions to the Clubs. Meanwhile Hearts sue the shit out of the SPFL (Clubs) and get awarded £x Millions in compensation from the SPFL (Clubs). Anderson continues to fund Hearts whilst we enjoy the fruits of Dungcaster et al glaring hate filled cock up. 

3 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Maybe rather than hand out cash, he is saying I’ll pay for the .....  Please send me the invoices and I’ll pay

That’s the best way of helping out someone who is struggling by the way rather than hand over cash. 

CavySlaveJambo
10 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Weren’t the League Two clubs voting to end the season but with no relegation? The simple way is just to promote Barrow and no relegation, very bizarre.

It was a proposal, but the EFL decided to respect the pyramid. 

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just to discuss Reconstruction.

More meetings this week with the other leagues. 

A vote is some way away.

But Celtic are demanding a fixture list for next season.

Surely the SPFL will HAVE to get that for them pronto........ 

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's fine then.    It seems pretty clear that the SPFL as a company will carry the liability of damages in the event of it losing a legal action.     The members would not be directly liable as such but it would follow that,    after third party liabilities were met,    there would be less swill in the trough for daddy pig,  mummy pig and the wee piglets to survive on.

I wonder how the SPFL as a legal entity,   with no reserves,   would even be able to undertake the cost of defending a legal action.    

At the end of last year, the SPFL appointed Doncaster’s previous employers to their panel of legal advisors. Yes, seriously.

I would expect they were/are paid a retainer and depending on the contract, will provide advice within certain monetary/ complexity limits. Clearly, a protracted complex case such as ours is a whole new ball game.

It might even be that the SPFL choose to engage another law firm. Having said that, given Doncaster’s ties to his previous employer, they might be minded to offer a reduced rate. Either way, a serious bill looms. Presumably, the SPFL will set aside monies from the next TV revenues from Sky etc.

annushorribilis III
19 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c2fbc545b549e50f8bedf1823fe72401.jpeg

Why would you need to work to develop a concrete proposal, am I thick or something! Just say here’s our bank details or ask the clubs to forward there bank details. Divide it up equally so there’s no one screwed over like we were.

Because the SPFL Board has a legal duty to act in its members interests (Hearts' relegation aside) - and that doesn't mean just handing over a share of the cash to clubs without some kind of due diligence. This isn't a sponsorship deal - it's a bailout to meet specific expenses (presumably). 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, bigmack said:

If JA does indeed prop up the SPFL clubs i just cannot see AB going to court 

but she said she would in the exact same interview 

GorgieRules22

I honestly can’t see we’re the positives are for us in all of this. We have a benefactor who’s been putting money into the club now looking to help out other clubs that have been pretty much putting the boot into us for the last couple of months. Just when you think things can’t get any worse they do.

Lone Striker

This may be an unpopular minority view of things - but does JA's potential gift to all 42 clubs to support their overheads & COVID testing not diminish our chances of winning a court case ?     

If we are suing for restriction of trade due to not having a full league of solvent clubs to play in, surely JA's gift means the judge can point to that and take the opinion that this supports the likelihood that there will be a league of solvent to play in.  Case dismissed ?

If we are suing for dereliction of duty by the SPFL board  to all shareholders (the April resolution & vote),  then does JA's gift not represent a rescue package to mitigate the effect of that dereliction (albeit several weeks after the event) ?   Not much better than 50-50 of winning that ?

In spite of having these doubts, I can't believe that AB has walked into a trap - she is much too savvy for that.    So I guess I'm reading all this wrongly - but very hard to understand. 

Just trying to work out how we weigh up his financial support for Hearts with his potential financial support for everyone else.  Can we therefore assume that JA's financial  support for Hearts is driven by his wish to support children's welfare etc  - and his trust in AB to keep the Save the Children logo on our jerseys - rather than him actually being a Hearts fan ?   

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

This may be an unpopular minority view of things - but does JA's potential gift to all 42 clubs to support their overheads & COVID testing not diminish our chances of winning a court case ?     

If we are suing for restriction of trade due to not having a full league of solvent clubs to play in, surely JA's gift means the judge can point to that and take the opinion that this supports the likelihood that there will be a league of solvent to play in.  Case dismissed ?

If we are suing for dereliction of duty by the SPFL board  to all shareholders (the April resolution & vote),  then does JA's gift not represent a rescue package to mitigate the effect of that dereliction (albeit several weeks after the event) ?   Not much better than 50-50 of winning that ?

In spite of having these doubts, I can't believe that AB has walked into a trap - she is much too savvy for that.    So I guess I'm reading all this wrongly - but very hard to understand. 

Just trying to work out how we weigh up his financial support for Hearts with his potential financial support for everyone else.  Can we therefore assume that JA's financial  support for Hearts is driven by his wish to support children's welfare etc  - and his trust in AB to keep the Save the Children logo on our jerseys - rather than him actually being a Hearts fan ?   

It’s difficult to complete a jigsaw when we don’t have all the pieces. These will fall into place over the coming days.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I honestly can’t see we’re the positives are for us in all of this. We have a benefactor who’s been putting money into the club now looking to help out other clubs that have been pretty much putting the boot into us for the last couple of months. Just when you think things can’t get any worse they do.

So a hearts fan and Ann Budge friend is effectly putting the boot into hearts and into Ann Budge.? That makes no sense at all.. there HAS to be more to it

GorgieRules22
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

So a hearts fan and Ann Budge friend is effectly putting the boot into hearts and into Ann Budge.? That makes no sense at all.. there HAS to be more to it

No.

The clubs that will benefit from Ann Budges friend have been putting the boot into Hearts for two months and will rubber stamp our fate this week.

Very difficult to get your head round all this, crazy stuff.

Byyy The Light
28 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

I’d be very surprised if this wasn’t the case. He’d me a bit of a nutter to hand over cold hard cash to these imbeciles.

Set up a testing fund, submit your expenses and I’ll pick up the tab.

Hope he doesn’t spend a penny on the arseholes. Let them rot.

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I suspect the factors you mention in your final paragraph plus Big Hearts, the living wage and possibly even the development of womens football played a big part in his decision.  If that's correct, I share his pride and support for these initiatives.  What a shame levein made such an arse of the football side.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

it might be exactly why (benefactors) are doing it. 

No handout to clubs and we win a court cases, loads of clubs are ****ed. 

Handout to clubs and we win a court case, they’re in a neutral financial position and we get suitably compensated for being utterly shafted by our fellow member organisations. 

What’s the point of the court case then?  JA funds the clubs which in turn pays the compensation due to us.  Why not just pay it straight to Hearts with no court case (which we might lose)?

Personally I prefer a scenario where no benefactor money is paid to the clubs and we win a court case to totally **** them. 

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

IMO, this will force the SPFL Board/SFA  the get off their arses and do something. 

The view last week (not questioned by any media or broadcaster or journos) was there was no chance of football outside of the top league this calendar year because the clubs can't afford to pay for testing when they have no money to pay wages. 

This cash removed one major obstacle (testing costs) and forces the SPFL to ask the clubs - get your financial plans ready for the coming season. I think the SPFL plan was to just limp along until whenever THEY decide it's OK  to restart outside the top division - which might be never. That would leave Hearts facing 2 seasons in the 1st division (if there's no recon). 

AB can go to court and say - look, I got you cash to sort the testing, you got your TV money , Hearts are  good to go but are being prevented from doing so,  ergo restraint of trade.

Two seasons in the Champ with minimum reductions in income of £3 million per year ? 

Because the clubs voted to put them there ? 

And those same clubs are likely not going to be able to play out a full season , if at all. 

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No.

The clubs that will benefit from Ann Budges friend have been putting the boot into Hearts for two months and will rubber stamp our fate this week.

Not if you seperate the two issues. 

Issue 1) We have been expelled from the league to to an irregular/illegal vote.

Issue 2) Due to the restrictions imposed by the government(s) football as we know it is unable to happen, due to that some especially smaller local clubs may not survive. 

We are looking at ways of righting the wrong in 1, and if not able to right it be compensated suitably.

In 2, an individual is looking to set up a fund to help out clubs who may not survive, through no action of their own.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What’s the point of the court case then?  JA funds the clubs which in turn pays the compensation due to us.  Why not just pay it straight to Hearts with no court case (which we might lose)?

Personally I prefer a scenario where no benefactor money is paid to the clubs and we win a court case to totally **** them. 

The point being that a defence of us damaging a member's organisation in which we are a part becomes completely moot.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

As I understand it any money going to clubs is for testing equipment and resources for testing ! The thought process is without these resources Hearts won't be playing football this year 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I think what we need to accept is THE most important thing is getting all the leagues and clubs playing football again. This gets us a step closer. If the SPFL and clubs want to take the money that Budge has facilitated and not give anything back to Hearts (and other clubs) in the form of temporary reconstruction or proper compensation, then I suppose you just have accept that (c-word) ***** will be always be ***** no matter what you do to try to change that and reason with them. 

The SPFL and other clubs will come off as unbelievable petty ***** if they keep going on the path they've been going. They will have to consider this reputational damage I believe and soften their stance. If not, then there's no other conclusion than they are just massive *****.

Edited by ToqueJambo

No longer active

A lot of negativity about JA and his cash. Let’s not forget that 42 clubs of varying wealth (mostly living hand to mouth) are now realising how Covid is affecting the game. If a good number of clubs go bust then the future of our game is in jeopardy!

Think not only about the lack of competition at the top but a weakened SPL means the game as a whole suffers. To make sure there is a competition , we need the lower leagues (perhaps not 4 divisions I agree). But where do top clubs like us send their youth players to improve before slotting them into our 1st team squad. And clubs like us need the wee teams for that very reason. We are a youth developing team after all!

So it makes sense to save the game when big picture the very essence of Scottish football is in doubt. 

Some fans are angry that teams are looking after their own interests here! They will do when their existence is in the balance. It’s a natural reaction. 

I think that once The survival of clubs is assured then perhaps chairmen will be able to reflect more on what has happened.

Some clubs will still struggle and maybe reconstruction will be forced (I hope) because some will die. 

I don’t want to spend a season in the Championship, our expulsion is unfair because of Covid. But I would rather survive this epidemic and play in the second tier with dignity and on a high moral ground, which I also believe AB has said in her interview on Sportsound. 

If reconstruction results in us playing SPL in August then brilliant. But in today’s uncertain world I will be happy just to survive Covid well, be the team that didn’t let its fellow SPFL members down (despite them being self preservationists) and we can never be criticised for being anti-Scottish football. 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The point being that a defence of us damaging a member's organisation in which we are a part becomes completely moot.

But it’s not Hearts that is giving the spfl/clubs the money so I don’t get how we wouldn’t be damaging the members organisation.

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

It's really very simple.

The benefactors donations could be the key to keeping the smaller clubs alive, whilst helping the bigger clubs tackle the cost of playing behind closed doors, including testing and other arrangements that will have to be put in place.

If we do not get restored to the premiership, we sue and have 2 different avenues for winning the case. 

The SPFL, thanks to the benefactor's monetary injection, cannot claim we are actively harming the other clubs because, when we win, any compensation award will likely come out of the additional benefactor money - thus the clubs are not in a materially worse position than before the suit , but they do lose the benefit of the cash. That is their choice, not ours. 

We, as a club, have acted ethically and above reproach at each stage of this pantomime.

* We've done the SPFL's work in drafting reconstruction proposals 
* We've offered at cost the stadium and facilities as a hub
* We've offered to fund testing
* We've attracted life-saving investment from a wealthy fund 

We can state, unequivocally in any court proceedings that we not only exhausted every single avenue to remediate the SPFL's disastorous and unjust decision, we have went above and beyond and can argue that awarding us compensation does not materially affect the clubs survival. 

So, what's it to be billy big baws gobshites in charge of the smaller clubs? Swallow your pride and vote for reconstruction whilst improving your survival chances, or act like the prehistoric dinosaurs that we all frankly believe you to be and reject the opportunities in front of you just to teach Budge, and big "bad" Hearts a lesson?

:653::jambobanana:had to add a dancing banana as well.  Good post.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, George Cowie said:

A lot of negativity about JA and his cash. Let’s not forget that 42 clubs of varying wealth (mostly living hand to mouth) are now realising how Covid is affecting the game. If a good number of clubs go bust then the future of our game is in jeopardy!

Think not only about the lack of competition at the top but a weakened SPL means the game as a whole suffers. To make sure there is a competition , we need the lower leagues (perhaps not 4 divisions I agree). But where do top clubs like us send their youth players to improve before slotting them into our 1st team squad. And clubs like us need the wee teams for that very reason. We are a youth developing team after all!

So it makes sense to save the game when big picture the very essence of Scottish football is in doubt. 

Some fans are angry that teams are looking after their own interests here! They will do when their existence is in the balance. It’s a natural reaction. 

I think that once The survival of clubs is assured then perhaps chairmen will be able to reflect more on what has happened.

Some clubs will still struggle and maybe reconstruction will be forced (I hope) because some will die. 

I don’t want to spend a season in the Championship, our expulsion is unfair because of Covid. But I would rather survive this epidemic and play in the second tier with dignity and on a high moral ground, which I also believe AB has said in her interview on Sportsound. 

If reconstruction results in us playing SPL in August then brilliant. But in today’s uncertain world I will be happy just to survive Covid well, be the team that didn’t let its fellow SPFL members down (despite them being self preservationists) and we can never be criticised for being anti-Scottish football. 

It's very strange and just highlights a bit of a witch-hunt against Hearts. Lord Haughey gave the SFA £2.5m no strings attached cash last year (I think) to keep us at Hampden. I don't remember any criticism other than some grumbling about whether Hampden is really our best option as national stadium.

This donation is way more significant and yet it's being attacked. There are obviously agendas at work here.

49 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m getting the same feeling tbh , I just don’t trust Doncaster and Maclennan full stop.

You just know somehow we’re going get the shitty end off the stick in this. Probably have to end his connection with us or something along those lines.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

But it’s not Hearts that is giving the spfl/clubs the money so I don’t get how we wouldn’t be damaging the members organisation.

If championship clubs can't afford testing then we won't have anybody to play and could be 2 seasons before we back up 

Just now, buzzbomb said:

What does it matter. This members organisation has wilfully hurt us and at least two other members. 

2 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

You just know somehow we’re going get the shitty end off the stick in this. Probably have to end his connection with us or something along those lines.

There is no way they could force something like that on him. 

annushorribilis III
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Because the money is (apparently) to pay for testing costs ?

This will all be codified - no way will Doncaster be able to ring fence this to pay off any possible legal claims. He is not being given a sponsors' cheque so HE can decide what to do with it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

If this money didn't exist. That's the point.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

im sure he would walk away at that point.

David McCaig
Just now, Caley Squidster said:

@David McCaig you're keeping quiet :O, is that because you are no longer confident of success for Ann? 

I've been posting all day.  I'm not convinced that introducing the benefactor into play has been helpful.

It would appear to have diminished the chances of the SPFL Board making an executive decision to implement reconstruction.

However, one way or another Ann/Hearts will win whether that be reconstruction or multi-million pounds compensation.  

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If championship clubs can't afford testing then we won't have anybody to play and could be 2 seasons before we back up 

I understand that, I was replying to the point a poster was making regarding the court case.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

So a seriously wealthy individual is going to listen to 2 fcuktards in Doncaster and McLennan?

Right....

18 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No.

I agree. Unless there's more to this, it could be crippling to Hearts...as it stands now, it just makes no sense at all. Bizarre!

annushorribilis III
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Especially given that the members who caused the problem in the first place have been presented with  a second  opportunity to make it go away. 

Caley Squidster
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I've been posting all day.  I'm not convinced that introducing the benefactor into play has been helpful.

It would appear to have diminished the chances of the SPFL Board making an executive decision to implement reconstruction.

However, one way or another Ann/Hearts will win whether that be reconstruction or multi-million pounds compensation.  

Only to give some of the compensation money to ICT as compensation for Robbo :-P. 

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

I would suggest that the puppets that “run” the SPFL are in no position to enforce their own conditions to enable this money to be distributed to the clubs that will need it to survive. They have run our game, into the ground, caring mainly for one club, and now they have to show some concern for the other 41 clubs. If they mess this up, even the sniggering, establishment propaganda issuing, Scottish sports media will have to ask just what is going on.

Edited by SectionDJambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I understand that, I was replying to the point a poster was making regarding the court case.

Court case won't be about trying to reverse expelling us ! Any action will be for compensation I've been told 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Especially given that the members who caused the problem in the first place have been presented with  a second  opportunity to make it go away. 

This. There are no losers in Budge's proposals and now there are no excuses around testing not to play games. Sticking to their guns now is deliberate, petty vandalism, essentially. 

Lots of people will lose jobs (not just footballers) if Hearts and Thistle are demoted into leagues that can't play. Young players will suffer. By extension families will suffer. Fans who keep the game alive will suffer. None of that happens under reconstruction. We'll be able to say so in court when we go for compensation.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Because the money is (apparently) to pay for testing costs ?

This will all be codified - no way will Doncaster be able to ring fence this to pay off any possible legal claims. He is not being given a sponsors' cheque so HE can decide what to do with it. 

Maybe but that’s not the context of the post I was replying to.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I'm guessing Ann Budge thought there was very little chance of that happening. Taking an executive decision not to hold a vote in the face of opposition from clubs in all divisions would require a Board and Chief Executive with real backbone. She knows them better than that.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Caley Squidster said:

Only to give some of the compensation money to ICT as compensation for Robbo :-P. 

If there is one Scottish club I don't begrudge Hearts money going to its Inverness... As things currently stand it's the only away ground I would even consider visiting next season.

Unknown user

I meant to add, I remember in one of Ashley's cases against the rangers he got a 7 figure sum ringfenced from their funds in case they lost as he believed they'd have trouble paying.

I wonder if a public admission from a senior figure that the SPFL couldn't afford to pay out would justify similar for us. 

Could we request the courts ringfence 4 million of the sky money in case they lose?

Edited by Smithee

kingantti1874

I have to say. If there isn’t anything to this, and if we genuinely have a hearts fan and Ann Budge friend who’s voluntarily gifts money into teams who have shafted us !! that will be the biggest joke in history.. I’d be apoplectic with rage.  

Edited by kingantti1874

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )