SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Heartsmad1874
Just now, AHS51 said:

The Ayr chairman seems like one of those chairman who will say his club can afford playing BCD just to be spiteful even though the cant. I think there will be a few chairman who wont admit they cant afford to play just so reconstruction doesnt go through.

If he or anyone for that matter says that then thats their final decision and if all of a sudden they can’t, they should be expelled for not fulfilling fixtures and lying about their situation to receive possible funds.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Must say, its a bizzare tactic that Championship clubs are doing where they want us in the league so they get our money from away support, then spend the time insulting us, taking pot shots and trying to make us feel like we are the bad guys. 

Maybe a bit of tact and sympathy might help your case (that and not voting to relegate us.) 

Yes indeed.  I suspect there's a fair bit of sexism behind it too.    Most of the Champ teams are never going to get anywhere near

promotion to the Premier (regardless of league size) so their priority is simply to remain "comfortable".  Down come Hearts to join them, and it's   "How dare an old rich wifey tell us what to do".   

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, AHS51 said:

The Ayr chairman seems like one of those chairman who will say his club can afford playing BCD just to be spiteful even though the cant. I think there will be a few chairman who wont admit they cant afford to play just so reconstruction doesnt go through.

Pretty sure one journalist said he spoke to some chairmen who when he asked if they could play behind closed doors they said they could, then when he pushed them on it at least one said they couldn't but didn't want to be the first to admit it.

3 hours ago, rip van tinkle said:

Weirdly this money almost guarantees we will be in the championship next season, anything else will be seen as a bribe 

Oh the shame, how would we cope?

:sarcasm:

Edited by graygo

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Pretty sure one journalist said he spoke to some chairmen who when he asked if they could play behind closed doors they said they could, then when he pushed them on it at least one said they couldn't but didn't want to be the first to admit it.

Yeah Tom English IIRC. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Oh the shame, how would we cope?

:sarcasm:

Who gives a **** how others see us. 🤷🏻‍♀️

willie wallace

A wee bit of irony here.We have a Hearts benefactor offering to help clubs  facing  financial difficulties and Hearts fans making plans to drive the the same clubs to the wall😄

7 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

If it goes to court it won't be an issue for most of them as they will be bankrupt, assuming we win of course.

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Hearts:

"It was completely unjust that you expelled us with 8 games remaining in the Premiership, and also in the way the whole process was carried out. We will oppose this move in the courts if we have to, and we will look at reconstruction as a just solution to the problem in order that we are not unfairly expelled from the Premiership."

"Oh and by the way, let us introduce to you a wealthy benefactor who is willing to finance some aspects of Scottish football during this crisis".

And we didn't consider that this would be seen by our detractors, especially those in the smaller clubs, as trying to buy our way back in?

I can see why Ann did it. Firstly because the benefactor's offer genuinely existed, and secondly because she wanted to show that she did have the interests of Scottish football at heart, not just the interests of Hearts, but goodness it was an own goal, imo, to announce this publicly, especially by going onto radio and doing so, thus tying the two aspects together and in one fell swoop taking the debate away from our main objectives.

The benefactor should have been introduced to the SPFL in the background and then they should have been allowed to get on with it, with the condition that it should not be made publicly known that it was Hearts who brought the two parties together.

That way our original aims and focus would not have been be diluted, and the accusations of trying to offer money to try and regain entry to the Premiership wouldn't have even existed.

In my opinion.

Thats how I saw it too..... not one of Ann's better judgements to speak about it on radio to Fat Brian, I'm afraid.   

annushorribilis III
18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

EA6AEB78-86CC-4881-A663-BFCC75DDA173.jpeg

What DT meant is : it's a pivotal hour for the future of Scottish football.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Hearts:

"It was completely unjust that you expelled us with 8 games remaining in the Premiership, and also in the way the whole process was carried out. We will oppose this move in the courts if we have to, and we will look at reconstruction as a just solution to the problem in order that we are not unfairly expelled from the Premiership."

"Oh and by the way, let us introduce to you a wealthy benefactor who is willing to finance some aspects of Scottish football during this crisis".

And we didn't consider that this would be seen by our detractors, especially those in the smaller clubs, as trying to buy our way back in?

I can see why Ann did it. Firstly because the benefactor's offer genuinely existed, and secondly because she wanted to show that she did have the interests of Scottish football at heart, not just the interests of Hearts, but goodness it was an own goal, imo, to announce this publicly, especially by going onto radio and doing so, thus tying the two aspects together and in one fell swoop taking the debate away from our main objectives.

The benefactor should have been introduced to the SPFL in the background and then they should have been allowed to get on with it, with the condition that it should not be made publicly known that it was Hearts who brought the two parties together.

That way our original aims and focus would not have been be diluted, and the accusations of trying to offer money to try and regain entry to the Premiership wouldn't have even existed.

In my opinion.

She said that Doncaster asked her to write a paper on the donation. I would have obliged as per the rules, letting it take as long as Doncaster wants, all the while clubs are getting more nervous about their future and some starting to declare that they need to mothball or fold, then disclose all the paperwork and email trails to show that Doncaster had a viable alternative and missed it by willful ignorance. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

What's not to like about Cameron.

Trump supporting misogynist snake oil salesman, no doubt NRA member who if still resided US, owner of several AK47, right wing christian nut job. 

Is any of that true? If it is how did he get past the F&PP test oh ffs why am even bothering to ask........

John Gentleman
8 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Would it be sceptical of me to suggest that the JA offer (at least in part) is designed to draw such charlatans out?

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is any of that true? If it is how did he get past the F&PP test oh ffs why am even bothering to ask........

dont think he owns ayr, just in place as ceo while some american owns them

annushorribilis III
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

In that first paragraph, is it actually BT we're talking about with the old tv deal?

Agreed my mistake - but it's the get out clauses in the contract that matter - and the SPFL lawyers seemed to say those same clauses are in the new contract. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

He is the American that owns them isn’t he?

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

I see. I would suggest expanding the test to senior club officials but pointless as soon as you remember who conducts the tests.

Surely on principle the Ayr chairman will turn down the offer of financal help from a "smug and condescending" International hedge fund manager who thinks that Scottish football needs his help!

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

He is the American that owns them isn’t he?

sure its not hugh clarke that owns them?

edit i think i'm wrong and that mouthpiece might actually own them

Edited by milky_26

So what could happen is

JAs money is accepted,

Every cub gets a cash input,

Recon doesn't happen

HMFC go to court

SPFL board state each club needs to belly up for the court costs

Thus, JA funds both HMFC and SPFL side of the court case (in a roundabout way).

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Surely on principle the Ayr chairman will turn down the offer of financal help from a "smug and condescending" International hedge fund manager who thinks that Scottish football needs his help!

Its fine because James Anderson isn’t a woman.

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

What DT meant is : it's a pivotal hour for the future of Scottish football.

Tanner is another thick half wit who fails to understand almost everything outwith the arse cheeks. On Saturday AB made it clear her recon document was more of a discussion document for clubs to say what they dislike or like and for ideas to be brought forth to make it better for all. He (Tannerba'heid) makes t sound like it's her plan or no plan and that's never been the case. 

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, rory78 said:

I can only see out of all this reconstruction being voted against - JA saving all the clubs from going bust and us playing in the Championship whenever that may be,pretty gutted that this guy is coming in to help all these clubs that have effectively just thrown us under a bus - we'll end up with a pittance of compensation which will probably be undeclared then asked to move on - Anne has had some baffling decisions over the last few year's and I'm beginning to think with all this its going to be the same

You think this guy is going to offer up a deal for the SPFL to save it's own skin AND undermine all the hard work AB has put into getting recon ? 

It defies logic. 

Hungry hippo
Just now, ericb said:

So what could happen is

JAs money is accepted,

Every cub gets a cash input,

Recon doesn't happen

HMFC go to court

SPFL board state each club needs to belly up for the court costs

Thus, JA funds both HMFC and SPFL side of the court case (in a roundabout way).

My understanding is that JA only intends to fund testing to allow teams to play. This clearly supports all teams but they won't be getting chucked cash.

Just now, David McCaig said:

Its fine because James Anderson isn’t a woman.

Aye but he's got the cheek to throw his money around with all these secret donations to children's charities and the like, I meant what a git! 

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

My understanding is that JA only intends to fund testing to allow teams to play. This clearly supports all teams but they won't be getting chucked cash.

Barry Anderson thinks differently (I know that’s not often a bad thing)

Edited by Whatever

John Gentleman
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Cameron is an American.

Lone Striker
12 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

😂

19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It was typed in jest and none of it would meaning the failing of FPP.

However the mysoginy of the strip releases.

The pro  right wing tweets

And saying that he tried to change his vote to 'No' well after the fact, wasn't allowed but not voting for the independent inquiry

In fairness California has some of the strictest gun laws in the US, but is now a blue state.

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

exactly, if they have to play BCD lots of clubs can not afford that, unless they get their fans donating money to them that matches the required income. i doubt that would happen at the required level, i am including teams from all 4 leagues in this. It is why i agree woth those that have said each club should be showing what they can do in regards to playing games. Such as

1 - can play BCD from august

2- can play when fans are allowed back in say from jan with a limited capacity of 30%

3 - cant play until fans are back in as normal

7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

That's exactly how I read it.  Or maybe a little more cash to the clubs really struggling to stay solvent.

Idiots on the radio and papers making it sound like he wants to just give all the teams a pile of cash to do what they want with as some kind of bribe.

Idiots.

What also boils my piss is that ****ing creepy sex offender looking Doncaster gets paid more money than we distribute to the bottom 20+ so clubs per year, and he hasn't offered to take any cut.  Also, he is terrible at his job.

I hope JA offers to sponsor the SPFL Premier League next season and calls it the "Neil Doncaster Looks Like a Sexual Predator Scottish Premier League"

Edited by Lovecraft

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

i read it as JA funding the testing, but the clubs wuld still have wages, stadium upkeep etc to pay for

Heartsmad1874

Brian McLaughlin suggesting on Sportsound suggesting that its not just James Anderson, that there are possibly others?

Also makes it clear that this is a no strings attached offer made clear to him by Ann, a part which was missing from his interview at the weekend.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I'm not ITK but surprising if true.

Not sure if Barry just means that the funding would assist with wages which it ultimately would even if just covering Covid costs. Although maybe JA is just being even more generous than I realised.

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

"Neil Doncaster Looks Like a Sexual Predator Scottish Premier League"

Absolutely 😄

It has a nice ring to it

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not a direct quote

A source close to the discussions said: “There was an obvious concern that James might be looking at this with his Hearts hat on.

“But it does seem as if he is genuinely trying to do something altruistic on behalf of the Scottish game as a whole and what he is proposing is an incredible gesture.

That is just bullshit - that came from the media who are trying to paint it as a bribe for recon.

In fact  I see the cash as a bit of a poisoned chalice for the SPFL - clubs who were bleating about not being able to play a full season due to testing costs have just had their legs cut off because now it's all about what THEY are going to do to fund themselves. 

Worst case scenario - clubs reject AB proposals and no plan for recon is put forward. 

Let's say the idea is to mothball L1 & 2  - how can they  : that would mean no relegation from the Champ and no promotion (again) thru the football pyramid. If there's no relegation from the Champ - that is de facto recon. 

I'd say the new cash removes the option to start the Champ later so if there's no recon , every club will have to be ready for a complete season and if they don't see it through...

Some people seem to think this cash in some way undermines ABs / Hearts position ; I think it works in our favour because it closes off a number of options.  and forces ALL clubs onto the field of play potentially. 

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, milky_26 said:

exactly, if they have to play BCD lots of clubs can not afford that, unless they get their fans donating money to them that matches the required income. i doubt that would happen at the required level, i am including teams from all 4 leagues in this. It is why i agree woth those that have said each club should be showing what they can do in regards to playing games. Such as

1 - can play BCD from august

2- can play when fans are allowed back in say from jan with a limited capacity of 30%

3 - cant play until fans are back in as normal

It just cannot be too much for Doncaster to ask all 42 clubs for commitment who can play BCD in August?  Then JA can give assistance to all to pay for the testing, for those that want/need it.  Remember we can play 2 or 3 game at the same time at Oriam, so clubs can use that?  we could probably have 9 games in one day? 18 over a weekend, with stagered times and all on the TV, there is no need to use most venues, Its not after all about the crowds. 

John Gentleman
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i read it as JA funding the testing, but the clubs wuld still have wages, stadium upkeep etc to pay for

Banderson just adding his own touches to differentiate him from other journos. No way is JA is going to subsidise wages, bills etc.

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Agreed my mistake - but it's the get out clauses in the contract that matter - and the SPFL lawyers seemed to say those same clauses are in the new contract. 

👍

1 minute ago, John Gentleman said:

Banderson just adding his own touches to differentiate him from other journos. No way is JA is going to subsidise wages, bills etc.

Can't play without paying players and the losses from playing behind closed doors. 

Surely, if reconstruction fails, we revert to the default position and the 36 Championship, League 1 and League 2 fixtures are scheduled to start as usual, with Jim Anderson's pot of cash to cover the additional costs to cover Covid19 testing and protocols. 

Only then will we smoke out the clubs who are ready and able to play a full season from those that can't and won't. 

I'll stick my neck out and say Ayr won't be one of them. 

Once we know who can actually start the season, it'll be up the SPFL to come up with a revised league structure to accommodate the teams that are good to play a full season. 

Edited by blairdin

Heartsmad1874

Tom English asking for clarification on why Ann said it was to help lower league clubs struggling and now all of a sudden its for all 42, also calling out Cosgrove for his comments :lol: called them petty and ill informed.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers, the willingness by some people to brush under the carpet the bits they don’t like really pisses me off. That fat mess at Ayr being a prime example. 

Exactly, bud. 

The glaringly obvious injustice of expulsion, which is at the root of this sorry mess, is now ignored by these b*******. They've all effortlessly moved on from it and are attempting to paint us as the bad guys for not doing the same. 

The whole benefactors saga reminds me of Diego Delgado from the movie ‘Blow’. Diego represents The SPFL. Hearts are George Jung.

Anderson is clearly not comparable to ‘the contact’ in the movie however

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

John Gentleman
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Some people seem to think this cash in some way undermines ABs / Hearts position ; I think it works in our favour because it closes off a number of options.  and forces ALL clubs onto the field of play potentially. 

Then their next raft of excuses will be "cannae recruit enough players", "a lot o' the part-timers cannae make it tae the hubs."

Since the Paretto Principle (80/20 rule) seems to hold for just about everything in life, I predict that 20% of SPFL clubs won't make it to the starting line.

Reconstruction will happen through necessity. There won't be the luxury of choice.

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Tom English asking for clarification on why Ann said it was to help lower league clubs struggling and now all of a sudden its for all 42, also calling out Cosgrove for his comments :lol: called them petty and ill informed.

Got a link to this? I’d enjoy reading that.

3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Would that not mean he can only offer non-cash material assistance whilst he’s giving actual cash to Hearts?

How come the arse cheeks had the same sponsors at one stage?

Sorry if asked already, playing catch up.

If reconstruction does not go through the money will dry up as it will be spun as neccesary for Hearts court appeal

The SPFL board( if we can even call them that) will be telling the teams here is your options

1) Reconstruct and accept the JA money

2) No reconstruction equals no JA money and a court case that Hearts will win hitting every club for more money.

Think the answer is obvious even to some of the cretins in charge of clubs. I bet a lot of chairmen are wanting the Ayr guy to pipe down. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

How come the arse cheeks had the same sponsors at one stage?

Sorry if asked already, playing catch up.

Nah, fair point. SUTOL debunked it already anyway. 👍

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )