SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Just out of interest does anyone know how Dunfermline voted? If it was for us to be relegated didn't 3000 of our fans help them in a match when the clubs were in administration? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/dunfermline-athletic-1-hearts-2-2051272

They aren’t coming up anytime soon so probably want us down there with them so we pack out their ground twice 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

40 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So Aberdeen saying they were given assurance that all 12 clubs would discuss what happens to Spl at a later date.

Yes, but that’s just a discussion re a decision as to when to call it as finished. It won’t be a discussion about reconstruction imo. 

12 minutes ago, Hans von Luck said:

Whenever we play any team at Tynecastle who voted against us, minimum charges apply set at say £40.00 with reduced allocation at 500.

would rather turn Tynecastle into a hostile fortress than welcome them who voted for this.

Celtic/Hibs included.

bloody right. The vermin should get one section Of the roseburn . All cuddly bets off now they voted to expel us. These rats can do one. They can limit us at their shitehole as well no problem cause plenty of us will never dark on their doorstep ever again.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Mysterion said:

Aberdeen again! When the chance to change the league for the better (likely if this vote fails) they have failed to be a leader in the game. Spineless.

You watch, guaranteed a Celtic player ends up there on loan next season. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to 'SPFL ( even more ) ready to declare Celtic champions and expel Hearts'
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Scottish Premiership set for increase to 14-team league next season

• Inverness and Dundee United would be promoted to top-flight
  • Hearts would be saved from relegation

Ewan Murray

Fri 10 Apr 2020 19.46 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

The most likely outcome in Scotland is a 14-team top flight.

The prospect of an expanded, 14-team top flight in Scotland next season is now a live one, after the Scottish Professional Football League’s plan to abandon the 2019-20 campaign remained in a state of flux.

The SPFL asked clubs to vote on a resolution which would have immediately declared standings in the Championship, League One and League Two as final on an average points-per-game basis. Likewise applied to the 12-team Premiership but only beyond 23 April after Uefa asked member associations not to abandon leagues before that point. A number of Scottish clubs have been anxious to have final placings funding released by the league, with the SPFL so far adamant that can only happen when the season is permanently halted.

As of 5pm on Friday – widely cited as the voting deadline – three clubs from 42 had failed to vote. It is understood the voting window is actually 28 days, with Friday only issued as guidance. While the shortfall is not relevant in context of the Premiership, League One and Two – where the necessary supporting votes had been submitted – the one remaining Championship club will now determine the entire outcome.

Advertisement

“It is very important that clubs consider carefully the resolution and we are grateful to those clubs who have voted already,” said a SPFL statement. “With the Ladbrokes Premiership and Ladbrokes Leagues 1 & 2 divisions each having approved the resolution, we await the voting slip from the one Ladbrokes Championship club that has yet to vote. We will provide an update as soon as we are in a position to do so.”

Nonetheless, the SPFL is believed to be close to convening a detailed consultation process on league restructuring, aimed at placating dissenting voices. The SPFL’s chief executive Neil Doncaster has previously and routinely been cool on reorganising the leagues, with the necessity for an 11-1 vote in favour from the Premiership also seen as problematic.

A 14-team Premiership, as is the most likely outcome, would spare Heart of Midlothian relegation from a current position of four points behind with eight games left. The Hearts owner Ann Budge is an advocate of a 14-team league, where the annual split could be retained at eight and six. Inverness would be promoted to the top league alongside Dundee United. Partick Thistle would remain in the second tier and Falkirk would join Raith Rovers in advancing from League 1. The SPFL could even choose to retain their pyramid model by promoting clubs from the Highland and Lowland Leagues to make up the 10 sides in League 2.

Hmm

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Cormack was also wrong about the rules for furloughed players. 

Not for Aberdeen he wasn’t - they’ve been carrying out training instructions at the request of the club haven’t they?  That’s not allowed under furlough as still classed as working.  Hearts presumably are leaving the players to their own devices.

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Scottish Premiership set for increase to 14-team league next season

• Inverness and Dundee United would be promoted to top-flight
  • Hearts would be saved from relegation

Ewan Murray

Fri 10 Apr 2020 19.46 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

The most likely outcome in Scotland is a 14-team top flight.

The prospect of an expanded, 14-team top flight in Scotland next season is now a live one, after the Scottish Professional Football League’s plan to abandon the 2019-20 campaign remained in a state of flux.

The SPFL asked clubs to vote on a resolution which would have immediately declared standings in the Championship, League One and League Two as final on an average points-per-game basis. Likewise applied to the 12-team Premiership but only beyond 23 April after Uefa asked member associations not to abandon leagues before that point. A number of Scottish clubs have been anxious to have final placings funding released by the league, with the SPFL so far adamant that can only happen when the season is permanently halted.

As of 5pm on Friday – widely cited as the voting deadline – three clubs from 42 had failed to vote. It is understood the voting window is actually 28 days, with Friday only issued as guidance. While the shortfall is not relevant in context of the Premiership, League One and Two – where the necessary supporting votes had been submitted – the one remaining Championship club will now determine the entire outcome.

Advertisement

“It is very important that clubs consider carefully the resolution and we are grateful to those clubs who have voted already,” said a SPFL statement. “With the Ladbrokes Premiership and Ladbrokes Leagues 1 & 2 divisions each having approved the resolution, we await the voting slip from the one Ladbrokes Championship club that has yet to vote. We will provide an update as soon as we are in a position to do so.”

Nonetheless, the SPFL is believed to be close to convening a detailed consultation process on league restructuring, aimed at placating dissenting voices. The SPFL’s chief executive Neil Doncaster has previously and routinely been cool on reorganising the leagues, with the necessity for an 11-1 vote in favour from the Premiership also seen as problematic.

A 14-team Premiership, as is the most likely outcome, would spare Heart of Midlothian relegation from a current position of four points behind with eight games left. The Hearts owner Ann Budge is an advocate of a 14-team league, where the annual split could be retained at eight and six. Inverness would be promoted to the top league alongside Dundee United. Partick Thistle would remain in the second tier and Falkirk would join Raith Rovers in advancing from League 1. The SPFL could even choose to retain their pyramid model by promoting clubs from the Highland and Lowland Leagues to make up the 10 sides in League 2.

it would certainly work for us but there is nothing exclusive If he even said so I didn't check) or revelaing in this, it's pretty much the next step in what the SPFL promised at the beginning, with their we'll have consultations. EM hasn't exactly had his finger on the pulse of late.

maroonsgotop
33 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

So someone is lying or the votes haven't been counted correctly and I'm inclined to believe the latter tbh.

SPFL asking for a recount until someone moves one of the no votes to yes. The counter saying "ah must have made a mistake ah could sworn it said yes" 

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

it would certainly work for us but there is nothing exclusive If he even said so I didn't check) or revelaing in this, it's pretty much the next step in what the SPFL promised at the beginning, with their we'll have consultations. EM hasn't exactly had his finger on the pulse of late.

Aye Ewan still greetin the Masters was cancelled

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You watch, guaranteed a Celtic player ends up there on loan next season. 

Oh come on, that's not how it works is it?

:vrwow:

eyesandears

I am hearing from someone very close to this story that it is Dundee that have not voted yet. ICT and Partick have voted No.

Hungry hippo

Very misleading headline with that Ewan Murray article but I would say there is a far greater chance we'll end up with a 14 team league than there was this morning.

Felix Lighter
34 minutes ago, TheMensch said:

Don't forget to check your spam folder Neil.

42 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We shouldn't have voted imo. 

We will be viewed as happy to go along with the process until the result went against us. 

We could have asked for a court injunjion to halt the payments until this matter was decided in court. 

Now we have no chance. 

We have more or less volunteered to step down a division by voting. 

Ann has clearly misjudged the mood of the other clubs. 

She should offer her resignation when FOH take over. 

At no stage has she ‘gone along with the process’. She was very vocal about taking time to discuss before having votes if necessary. 

NaturalOrder74

Win or lose, This is the perfect chance to take this further, Imagine giving clubs the illusion of a deadline when there's not really one 

Bribing clubs to vote their way 

THEN magically losing a vote 

Hectormasson
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

bloody right. The vermin should get one section Of the roseburn . All cuddly bets off now they voted to expel us. These rats can do one. They can limit us at their shitehole as well no problem cause plenty of us will never dark on their doorstep ever again.

F....g bang on !      Fth,,,,,,hhgh🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

In all seriousness we are justified in banning them altogether based on their recent behaviour. 

TyphoonJambo

Hands up who thought 1700 was the deadline... Numpties, it was obviously 1700hrs plus 28 days. Easy mistake to make though. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd trust Kim Jong Un to have a more democratic election than this. And people were arguing we wouldn't have a court case? :cornette:

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd trust Kim Jong Un to have a more democratic election than this. And people were arguing we wouldn't have a court case? :cornette:

I think if we took them to Court now, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. 

10 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

He’s a Hearts fan is he not?

7 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

I am hearing from someone very close to this story that it is Dundee that have not voted yet. ICT and Partick have voted No.

Dundee's statement at 5pm suggested that they voted No. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Jesus, we're waiting for dundee to save us? :sick:

Randy Marsh
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe their vote was the vote that got lost. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Very misleading headline with that Ewan Murray article but I would say there is a far greater chance we'll end up with a 14 team league than there was this morning.

Yes since if the proposal was voted through today reconstruction was dead in the water.  Now it could be used as a bargaining tool to get Hearts, Partick, ICT and Falkirk onside (hopefully Dundee have voted no because reconstruction won’t help them!).

Will still be difficult though as needs 11-1 vote initially from the Premiership clubs (if our sheepy friend is still looking in, we know who we have to blame for that farcical voting set up).

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well I certainly think there is an improved argument 😁

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thats a great statement.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

If we could afford it I’d love to see us withdrawing from the Scottish cup semi. 

I know we can’t turn down the £500k plus the same and more for the final but I really wish we could. 

There’s now a massive list of clubs who will never receive another penny from me. 

I would honestly be now calling for the rest of the competition to be scrapped in any case.

16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The faux outrage against Hibs is laughable. There’s many other clubs voting the same way. 

If the scenario was reversed we’d be delighted about shafting Hibs. The Derby is brilliant fixture, reducing away fans is small time (petty) thinking like Rangers did to Celtic. 

eyesandears
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It suggests that they are minded to vote No. They have though not confirmed that they have voted that way. My person could be wrong but they've been well informed before and I'd wager it's Dundee that have held off.

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

He’s a Hearts fan is he not?

i do believe he is, just not sure he's as connected as he may have once been.  Playing the odds by the looks of it.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They certainly haven’t exhibited good governance in this at all. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Barack said:

Hearts missed the 5pm. 

Good. Means our hands are clean of this charade.

See you in court, mutant!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A lot of outrage but don't forget this is a double vote.

Most clubs have likely voted to release the prize money for 30.

Mind you I don't hold out much hope for vote 2 on this basis of coercion and threats 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

The faux outrage against Hibs is laughable. There’s many other clubs voting the same way. 

If the scenario was reversed we’d be delighted about shafting Hibs. The Derby is brilliant fixture, reducing away fans is small time (petty) thinking like Rangers did to Celtic. 

Nothing "faux" about it at all. They voted to make themselves poorer which says it all.

AlphonseCapone

Can't just be a missing vote. The SPFL know who are missing so surely they call them up and that club says ah we voted X way, we'll send that over in an email and the SPFL draft a statement in preparation.

Simple stuff but then it's the SPFL so I see the flaw in my logic. 

18 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Crooked and Corrupt. That’s Scottish Football. 
No need to elaborate any further. 

Utterly incompetent and embarrassing could be fairly added.  

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Must be on the same email that Boris lost about the EU offer for ventilators.

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The bit that reads:

The SPFL Board and Executive freely admit that they focused on the sporting merit of the proposal and did not take into consideration any financial fall out to their member clubs. 

..... contradicts the SPFL statement that the vote was all about getting cash into the hands of the clubs.

Edited by Footballfirst

eyesandears
6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

If the BBC story is correct then yes could be. if so and it turns up the resolution fails and we live to fight another day.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Barack said:

When I say missed. They obviously haven't, and have played this 28 day rule to a tee.

😄

Indeed. This is a Hannibal Smith with a cigar in mouth moment.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If we could afford it I’d love to see us withdrawing from the Scottish cup semi. 

I know we can’t turn down the £500k plus the same and more for the final but I really wish we could. 

There’s now a massive list of clubs who will never receive another penny from me. 

At the very least we should refuse all media commitments relating to it. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

one that is moderated by robert mugabe

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Will still be difficult though as needs 11-1 vote initially from the Premiership clubs (if our sheepy friend is still looking in, we know who we have to blame for that farcical voting set up).

What was the vote based on and what was Hearts position?

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It was an email htf do you lose it? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

What was the vote based on and what was Hearts position?

Why are you still here?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )