SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Ok just the one then . 

My son goes to most away games with his m8s and he'll be getting telt unaw to get himself up to the 1874 bar on away days . 

When he comes back with supporting the team he'll be telt to settle for waving the team bus off from Tynecastle. 

Haha! Good man! 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, communist said:

A bit off topic but I'd be surprised if Jamie was getting half of what you think he is on. 

Even at killie he'd have struggled to get £1k per week. 

The reality is most spfl players live on less than 40k per year. Championship is probably half that again. It's not the fantastic lifestyle and abundance of cash many think it is. 

Tbf I could probably find out quite easily what he will be earning but obviously I was just using a rough figure.

😉

Quote from Raith chairman

"""""""""and I’m really, really sorry about all of that""""""""".........!

Just now, neilnunb said:

Tbf I could probably find out quite easily what he will be earning but obviously I was just using a rough figure.

😉

I really like Jamie, glad he's got a club sorted now. 

9 minutes ago, Flow State said:

I'll be going to Arbroath away but only because I can get in for free, exception made? 🤔

Don't buy any programmes or pies.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I just did. I told you what I think we would have done had we been sitting 11th. 

You are all gas and gaiters

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, communist said:

I am a bit annoyed he is playing for Raith to be honest.

25 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

If we were second bottom when the music stopped we would have voted for the original resolution to try avoid having to play the rest of the season and potentially get relegated. Let’s not kid ourselves. 

This comment is just not true. Ann Budge was very clear about looking after ALL teams and by reconstruction. She has said it several times so you are basically calling her a liar which is dangerous territory with libel laws......

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

There is already evidence out there to support a public interest argument from the MSM, both in the number of column inches written and hours of discussions on the radio.

If figures were available, I suspect that more people dialled into the Hearts/PT CoS hearing, than any other case where the facility has been available.  

Did they not acknowledge there was a significant number dialling in at one point? I'm sure I saw a figure mentioned briefly in an article too.

What would be disclosed if there was a strong enough argument for public interest? Most of it end up marked out?

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Multiply by £20 say, for a visit. Hearts under normal circumstances would take 2500 there as a conservative guesstimate.

Plus hospitality.

Aye, he'll be very sad alright...

Well the away stand holds around 3,300, plus they opened up the Railway Stand last time so 4,000. Also, a good few jambos were in that thing they call a main stand. 😁

The funny thing is... even if the majority of us do boycott the likes of Raith, the hearts fans that do attend will still likely outnumber the home fans. 

Edit: just looked at their figures. They average 2000. Maybe not. 😂

Edited by gjcc

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I know you're an absolute weirdo, but what is it exactly you are on about? 

:lol:

6 minutes ago, communist said:

I liked him for us. Shame he's gone to such a scummy wee club now.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, kila said:

Did they not acknowledge there was a significant number dialling in at one point? I'm sure I saw a figure mentioned briefly in an article too.

What would be disclosed if there was a strong enough argument for public interest? Most of it end up marked out?

If it was published "officially", I would expect some redactions for the names of those on the panel, plus certain numbers from broadcasting contracts.

Lone Striker

Raith Rovers chief wants to 'build bridges' with Hearts after 'tainted' relationship - and would be surprised if fans boycott

Cilla.jpg

Edited by Lone Striker

35 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

If we were second bottom when the music stopped we would have voted for the original resolution to try avoid having to play the rest of the season and potentially get relegated. Let’s not kid ourselves. 

Probably but we would also have voted for reconstruction.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

But the proposal from ND wasn't a transparent or tanglible solution to anything.... it was just to cede all decision-making in advance to the SPFL, who could then do whatever they wanted or felt was appropriate if the season was forced to stop again (like finding a way to crown Celtic champions without harming clubs with a rep on the SPFL board etc).  The majority may have voted it down for a variety of reasons, but it looks like some (many ?) of them suddenly realised that they could be next year's whipping boys   and there would be nothing they could do about stopping the SPFL train.  

Yeah, but imo, the thinking was more of "the whipping boy might be me so I'll wait and vote depending on what suits".

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Raith Rovers chief wants to 'build bridges' with Hearts after 'tainted' relationship - and would be surprised if fans boycott

Cilla.jpg

Tell this ***** to get ****ed

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, but imo, the thinking was more of "the whipping boy might be me so I'll wait and vote depending on what suits".

Yes... exactly.... agreed 👍

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

They can't realistically bank on that many, as it'll be month's before that's allowed. Especially in their cattle pen.

Might get 200-300 hardcores still going, but not much more than that.

Tbf there's worse things you can catch in Kirkcaldy, especially near the Links, than covid-19 😁

Psychedelicropcircle
32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If there were only more like him and his board. 

this is the olive branch waving starting early! It’s up to the jags if they want to attend this shoite hole!

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Probably but we would also have voted for reconstruction.

I agree. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

100% if we were second bottom when the season stopped we would have voted for the resolution to end the season and ensure our safety. 

I think we would have subsequently voted in favour of league reconstruction to try and save the club that was 12th. 

100%

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

The only thing that is 100% is that you don't know that. 

I think Ann would have voted against it. 

You think not

Fair doos. 

She said she would have, so either you know better than the woman herself and she's lieing, or you are 100% on yer arse and making stuff up. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Cilla.jpg

Hope you don't mind but I've got someone I'd like to send this too...

[email protected]

28 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Good point, we should apply to join the EPL next season. 

Lol, not the worst idea!  I was just meaning that, yes, had the situation been different we might or might not have acted differently.  But unfortunately we are in the universe where we were bottom at the time of the vote to end the season, so have to act accordingly - that is, in my opinion, to fight the obvious injustice of relegating teams that were not bottom after the full number of games.

Edited by Dia Liom

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

100%

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

The only thing that is 100% is that you don't know that. 

I think Ann would have voted against it. 

You think not

Fair doos. 

She said she would have, so either you know better than the woman herself and she's lieing, or you are 100% on yer arse and making stuff up. 

Your right I shouldn’t have used the phrase 100%. It’s my strong opinion that it would have been the case, nothing more. 

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hope you don't mind but I've got someone I'd like to send this too...

[email protected]

Be my guest !! :jambobanana:

Edited by Lone Striker

buzzbomb1958
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

They can't realistically bank on that many, as it'll be month's before that's allowed. Especially in their cattle pen.

Might get 200-300 hardcores still going, but not much more than that.

Even that's too much

16 minutes ago, JTJ said:

She has said it several times so you are basically calling her a liar which is dangerous territory with libel laws......

Not another one. Surely this thread has had enough armchair lawyers giving their expert legal opinion. 

kingantti1874

HAD ! A good relationship bill - past tense .. no more Jamie Walkers, No more David Tenmpletons or Jason Holts.

i get why they voted for the season to end, but to then block reconstruction 🤷‍♂️ Calling themselves champions 😂 

go **** yourself. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Clark said: “I would be very surprised if Hearts supporters did that because that one incident, okay it’s been a nuclear incident if you like that’s happened this season, if that was to spoil a good relationship as we’ve had for 60-odd years with Heart of Midlothian I think that would be a very sad thing for both clubs and supporters and for Scottish football in general.”

not a sad thing for hearts. I won’t care a bit if raith go down the toilet. You’ve made your bed. Lie in it you rat. 

Dagger Is Back
37 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Prepared to be surprised tosser!

You'd have to wonder about the intelligence of a club chairman who would go public with such thoughts. What a walloper

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Clark said: “I would be very surprised if Hearts supporters did that because that one incident, okay it’s been a nuclear incident if you like that’s happened this season, if that was to spoil a good relationship as we’ve had for 60-odd years with Heart of Midlothian I think that would be a very sad thing for both clubs and supporters and for Scottish football in general.”

not a sad thing for hearts. I won’t care a bit if raith go down the toilet. You’ve made your bed. Lie in it you rat. 

Take your medicine like so many other clubs ! Maroon pound stays with Heart Of Midlothian 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Agree. I spoke at length with my cousins husband, who's a lawyer, and it was his opinion that our arguments were weak and never likely to succeed.

I trusted his input more than folk on here, that's for sure.

It's the immorality of it all. (naivety on my part)

Season ended abruptly to ensure "you know who" wouldn't miss out on the CL.

He tells EUFA it's what the majority of clubs want almost a week before any actual vote.

The Dundee vote fiasco.

It's done in the throws of a worldwide pandemic. Now, if ever their so-called "do know harm" clause should kick in, I can't think of a more legitimate time to put that pile of platitude into action.

There's a fair bit more ammo which I can't be ersed remembering right now but that'll do for starters.

I cannot understand how an independent tribunal can unanimously dismiss what, even to an ignorant outsider like myself, suggest some serious shenanigans behind the scenes.

Anyway, 'tis what 'tis. :(

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Your right I shouldn’t have used the phrase 100%. It’s my strong opinion that it would have been the case, nothing more. 

Fair doos. 

I think many posters would have thought differently, especially if St Mirren or hibs were bottom. 

I wouldn't, I don't think Ann would've either ( which ironically would have annoyed many one here). 

Edited by Smith's right boot

42 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Raith can go **** themselves. 

Bearded looking weirdo looking to get all cosy again after being one of multiple clubs to have condemned us to this shitshow. 

**** Raith Rovers and **** Bill Clark. 

Sincerely hope a point is made of boycotting that slimely prick. 

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Why would our fans boycotting Raith be of any interest or consequence to Scottish football in general ?     

7 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

WTF do you know about heart’s supporters ya oily prick?

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

This guy rivals Doncaster for the title of most arrogant, self serving, invidious, charmless pr*** throughout this whole debacle.

"I've just shafted you but it would be really sad if you didn't want to be friends again"

Not for us Billy boy, you on the other hand, well!!!!!

50 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Ha ha!! Yeah there was always teams going to be hurt, they were only defending themselves having been in the petition...

Erm, or you could have campaigned or even just voted for reconstruction, having been handed a promotion you almost certainly weren't on track to achieve on the pitch.

**** you.

I demand a statement from Hearts which pastes his interview and then says "**** you, ****". "oh, and get Tommy Walker's name out your mouth, you self-servant ****"

Aw come can we get the swear filter off for a week?!?!?

Psychedelicropcircle
15 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

We need like buttons 🔴

The Real Maroonblood

I can’t remember his name but I’m sure RR last chairman who passed away was a real gentleman and wouldn’t have behaved like that clown.

manaliveits105

Tin pot chairmen save yer breaths we will take  yer olive branches set them alight and ram them straight up yer farter 

Rick Sanchez

It will in absolutely no way be sad for Hearts or our supporters.

I'm getting sick of these irrelevant chairman using our club to remain relevant. I doubt they've had so much publicity in their life. 

Get yourselves and your clubs all the way to ****.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Don't know how many times this has been covered. Ann Budge has said she would not have voted for any club to be relegated under these circumstances. She has more integrity than the rest of the Premiership owners/chairmen put together. I, and many others, believe her. 

Your comment is typical of the kind of pointless rubbish that has been used, by people who clearly favour other clubs, as a lame excuse for the shameful and spiteful behaviour of far too many SPFL clubs.

Don't judge Ann Budge, for all the other errors of judgement she has made, as being anywhere near as devious and dishonest as too many others involved in ruining Scottish football.

Be sure of this, it's Hearts, Partick and Stranraer who got shafted this time, as well as a few other clubs who have missed out on rewards. It will be somebody else next time, and after this fiasco, the SPFL board and the SFA have carte blanche to do what they like to anybody, except one or two institutions.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I can’t remember his name but I’m sure RR last chairman who passed away was a real gentleman and wouldn’t have behaved like that clown.

Turnbull Hutton. I'd like to think he would have been on our side. He was a good man.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )