SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Worth a listen 

Those bullet points already have me on the verge of smashing my handset against the wall.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Worth a listen 

Why?

Feck Raith, the luckiest barstewards alive. Hope they disappear from existence.

Gordon Ramsay
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Worth a listen 

Raith Rovers are the lowest of the low. 

They deserve the almighty pumping coming their way this season. 

Footballfirst

Arbitration(Scotland) Act 2010 Schedule 1
“Rule 26 Confidentiality D

26(1)Disclosure by the tribunal, any arbitrator or a party of confidential information relating to the arbitration is to be actionable as a breach of an obligation of confidence unless the disclosure—
(a)is authorised, expressly or impliedly, by the parties (or can reasonably be considered as having been so authorised),

(b)is required by the tribunal or is otherwise made to assist or enable the tribunal to conduct the arbitration,

(c)is required—

(i)in order to comply with any enactment or rule of law,

(ii)for the proper performance of the discloser’s public functions, or

(iii)in order to enable any public body or office-holder to perform public functions properly,

(d)can reasonably be considered as being needed to protect a party’s lawful interests,

(e)is in the public interest,

(f)is necessary in the interests of justice, or

(g)is made in circumstances in which the discloser would have absolute privilege had the disclosed information been defamatory.

(2)The tribunal and the parties must take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised disclosure of confidential information by any third party involved in the conduct of the arbitration.

(3)The tribunal must, at the outset of the arbitration, inform the parties of the obligations which this rule imposes on them.

(4)“Confidential information”, in relation to an arbitration, means any information relating to—

(a)the dispute,

(b)the arbitral proceedings,

(c)the award, or

(d)any civil proceedings relating to the arbitration in respect of which an order has been granted under section 15 of this Act,

which is not, and has never been, in the public domain.”

My reading of the above is that Rule 26 1(e) should be applicable for public disclosure of the decision. 

34 minutes ago, Fedupfan said:

Your last paragraph.

It was an independent panel, they weren't SFA or SPFL employees that judged the case. They have the facts put to them, the listen to the QC,s for every side, look at the evidence, listen to witnesses and then decide impartially. To think otherwise is straw clutching.

It was not wholly independent.  The members are picked from a SFA panel of arbiters eg HMFC could not have requested (say) Leslie Deans as their choice of the three.

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It was not wholly independent.  The members are picked from a SFA panel of arbiters eg HMFC could not have requested (say) Leslie Deans as their choice of the three.

Exactly. It is an SFA list. 

Do people really think the SFA would compile a list of people capable of going against the establishment? 

Most of them probably have a season ticket at Parkhead.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why?

Feck Raith, the luckiest barstewards alive. Hope they disappear from existence.

I used to like Raith Rovers before but not anymore. 

I am sure their chairman who will be trying to paint us as the bad guys all the way through. Trying to make out that they deserve promotion and not got really lucky.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'd have suggested Lockie

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'd have suggested Lockie

😂😂😂

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

26(1)Disclosure by the tribunal, any arbitrator or a party of confidential information relating to the arbitration is to be actionable as a breach of an obligation of confidence unless the disclosure—
(a)is authorised, expressly or impliedly, by the parties (or can reasonably be considered as having been so authorised),

(b)is required by the tribunal or is otherwise made to assist or enable the tribunal to conduct the arbitration,

(c)is required—

(iii)in order to enable any public body or office-holder to perform public functions properly,

(d)can reasonably be considered as being needed to protect a party’s lawful interests,

(g)is made in circumstances in which the discloser would have absolute privilege had the disclosed information been defamatory.

(2)The tribunal and the parties must take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised disclosure of confidential information by any third party involved in the conduct of the arbitration.

(3)The tribunal must, at the outset of the arbitration, inform the parties of the obligations which this rule imposes on them.

(4)“Confidential information”, in relation to an arbitration, means any information relating to—

(a)the dispute,

(c)the award, or

(d)any civil proceedings relating to the arbitration in respect of which an order has been granted under section 15 of this Act,

My reading of the above is that Rule 26 1(e) should be applicable for public disclosure of the decision. 

The SPFL will hide behind the same rule 1(a).

If no smoking gun about the Dundee vote then I'm sure all parties will be willing to share the evidence, the arguments from both side and the panel's reasoning in the public domain.

Benny Factor
43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I want Ayr, Dundee, Raith, Alloa, Dunfermline and Inverness in the first set of home games because it is more likely that the return fixtures will allow crowds. In return, 5 see completely empty away ends and 1 sees the Jambos on tour. That would be :sweeet:

Hopefully Ayr, Raith and Dundee cease to exist by the time the return fixtures come around.

8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Exactly. It is an SFA list. 

Do people really think the SFA would compile a list of people capable of going against the establishment? 

Most of them probably have a season ticket at Parkhead.

And likely on a decently paid retainer....

Tom Hardy’s Dug
42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Agree. I spoke at length with my cousins husband, who's a lawyer, and it was his opinion that our arguments were weak and never likely to succeed.

I trusted his input more than folk on here, that's for sure.

Had he read the Members Articles of the SPFL/SFA in full before opining?

If not he knew **** all. If he had, fair dues.

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

Hopefully Ayr, Raith and Dundee cease to exist by the time the return fixtures come around.

This

33 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You're assuming that we are dealing with an open society here, but we aren't. This is a protection racket run by the SFA and SPFL, where being subservient to the dark forces behind both of those deceitful organisations, keeps you in favour and out of trouble.

You only need to look at the clubs who benefited from the Good Friday stitch up. Most important to the cabal, keeping Celtic happy, then no relegation or play off risks for Ross County, Hamilton and St. Mirren.

Hearts going into the Championship, as a temporary cash cow for the loyal clubs in there, and just for the spite of hurting a club who have shown how determination and loyalty from fans can overcome near extinction. Partick Thistle sent to the 1st division as the cash cow for them. Remember the Forfar loudmouth, who actually admitted wanting Partick demoted for the gate money.

Brechin City escape as the only team to finish bottom, not to be relegated or having to play off for survival. All of the Fife clubs spared from their worst nightmare of Kelty Hearts coming into the leagues and embarrassing them with their ambition. Brora Rangers seen as being too far away to travel to for a team from Glasgow. The excuse given as the SFA not being able fit these play offs in, but we can still finish the Scottish Cup.

We've still to see what Dundee have been promised, but the easing of the number of loan players, from Premiership clubs allowed to each lower league club, could reveal part of it. 

Scottish football was suspected of behind closed doors shenanigans during my early years of following football in the 60s and 70s. Nothing was made outwardly obvious though. Now they don't even try to hide it, and the Scottish press are a major part of the propaganda narrative, with the succulent lamb mob and whatever they get served up by the current dictators.

Scottish football and it's media coverage stinks to high heaven.

Good post. Unfortunately I have to agree with every word of your theory which in itself is a sad reflection on the mentality of the owners/chairmen of our leagues.

Sadly with the way things are with no signs of any support for change then it will get worse before it gets better.

The one thing that might happen is that Celitc and Rangers will be looking to try and improve by playing at a higher level than currently and that could mean a move to another league.

There have been utterings of European mini leagues etc but whether those would allow them to leave our league and play enough games is anybodies guess.

The sooner we get rid of them the better our league will be so long as they are not represented on the board.

Edited by wavydavy

Walter Bishop
49 minutes ago, Rods said:

I reckon most of the season will be played behind closed doors with a second wave coming. 

I dont. 

15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Had he read the Members Articles of the SPFL/SFA in full before opining?

If not he knew **** all. If he had, fair dues.

Even if he had read every page, he's a clever guy if he'd figured this fiasco out.  They've been making it up as they've gone along since March.  

22 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

And Alloa.

Lawwell lackey Mulraney had his mucky paws all over this from an SFA perspective. 

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Rods said:

I reckon most of the season will be played behind closed doors with a second wave coming. 

This. 

30 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If no one else we must definitely boycott Raith Rovers 

Chairman is a wide whank

This

Lone Striker
39 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You're assuming that we are dealing with an open society here, but we aren't. This is a protection racket run by the SFA and SPFL, where being subservient to the dark forces behind both of those deceitful organisations, keeps you in favour and out of trouble.

You only need to look at the clubs who benefited from the Good Friday stitch up. Most important to the cabal, keeping Celtic happy, then no relegation or play off risks for Ross County, Hamilton and St. Mirren.

Hearts going into the Championship, as a temporary cash cow for the loyal clubs in there, and just for the spite of hurting a club who have shown how determination and loyalty from fans can overcome near extinction. Partick Thistle sent to the 1st division as the cash cow for them. Remember the Forfar loudmouth, who actually admitted wanting Partick demoted for the gate money.

Brechin City escape as the only team to finish bottom, not to be relegated or having to play off for survival. All of the Fife clubs spared from their worst nightmare of Kelty Hearts coming into the leagues and embarrassing them with their ambition. Brora Rangers seen as being too far away to travel to for a team from Glasgow. The excuse given as the SFA not being able fit these play offs in, but we can still finish the Scottish Cup.

We've still to see what Dundee have been promised, but the easing of the number of loan players, from Premiership clubs allowed to each lower league club, could reveal part of it. 

Scottish football was suspected of behind closed doors shenanigans during my early years of following football in the 60s and 70s. Nothing was made outwardly obvious though. Now they don't even try to hide it, and the Scottish press are a major part of the propaganda narrative, with the succulent lamb mob and whatever they get served up by the current dictators.

Scottish football and it's media coverage stinks to high heaven.

Correct on all points.  👍

My guess is that Doncaster's  "absolutely delighted" speech was largely a result of the the panel's 3-0 decision  being a stark reminder to  any club   that feels like taking a legal dispute with the SPFL over something in the future of what the outcome is most likely to be.      I expect a whopping fine from the SFA  next week just to re-inforce the cartel's power.

Several other clubs (and the few media hacks who can think for themselves) ought to be concerned at this - but as you and others have pointed out, the need to see OF glory and their handout crumbs seem to be enough to keep everyone silent.

Templeton Peck

Raith chairman trying to claw back some good will from Hearts pointing to the history between clubs.

Think he knows that's been flushed down the pan. 

David Black
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's right.  Come back when we're winning.

That's just stupid, over the last 65 years of supporting them, if I only attended when we were winning then I would have missed around 40% of games. Can you not see the bigger picture and the point I am trying to make. Really?

1 minute ago, Templeton Peck said:

Raith chairman trying to claw back some good will from Hearts pointing to the history between clubs.

As I've said a few times during this whole cluster****, sometimes you just have to laugh - otherwise I'd be bursting a few blood vessels.  Raith bloody Rovers.

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

That's just stupid, over the last 65 years of supporting them, if I only attended when we were winning then I would have missed around 40% of games. Can you not see the bigger picture and the point I am trying to make. Really?

No.

That's just stupid.  You either support Hearts or you don't.  You choose.

44 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Dreary me, I wouldn't have Leslie Dean's help me out with a parking fine.

They are wholly independent, there is no doubt about it, they are on the SFA list because the have knowledge of the rules about Scottish football. 

You wouldn't ask a solicitor/lawyer/QC who deals with buying and selling houses to help you on a murder trial. A judge may like buying coffee from Costa but it doesnt mean he can't judge impartially if he is on a case against them. 

Its tin foil hat stuff on here,  why did I bother joining  I thought it would rational, healthy debate about what went wrong, how do we fix it and what can we learn from mistakes we made. 

51 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

(c)is required—

(a)the dispute,

(c)the award, or

Would you not need to get a load of signatures on a petition to prove a lot of people want to see the decision at best and not any documents that have been protected.  When I mean Signatures I would say the football community/Football Fans.

Edit:  You might add the people who work for the clubs that might not be fans but have an interest, or just anyone interested :) 

Edited by HMFC01

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

You obviously don't understand the concept of what a fans forum is about with these comments.

Nor do you understand the contempt with which the Scottish Football Punditry hold us.

It would not have made one blind bit of difference to their view on our case had we been more or less guaranteed to win all three counts against the SPFL.

Do you not listen or read what they say about us on a normal day to day basis?  It is blatantly obvious that they don't like us.

I find your comments embarrassing as a supposed Hearts fan.

I think I do understand the concept of a fans forum. As I understand it, it is a platform for fans to gather and freely discuss topics regarding the club. Would you agree?

With relation to the rest of your post. This is the typical delusions of grandeur that gets posted on here regularly. Their is not a nationwide conspiracy against Hearts between football pundits and the general media. Most pundits/media are aligned to one of the OF, and any vested interest, or biased they may hold is with relation to those two clubs. They couldn’t care less about a run of the mill club like Hearts. They don’t see us as being any different to Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Mirren etc. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Why were they so keen on arbitration? What difference did it make to either side's case? What makes arbitration a more attractive proposition to the spfl?

It's in the rules that we are signed up to. If you want to play in the SPFL then you need to be a member of the SFA, in their/our articles then if you have a problem with a football club, governing body or referee or anyone relating to football then you use the arbitration process. It's been that way for a long long time. The arbitration panel is the same rules and methods that other people, companies or groups would use to adjudicate on a difference of opinion. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Just listened to the full podcast and Tom English 100% knows that the SPFL are corrupt, he didn’t exactly say it but he knows it. That Raith chairman sounds like and auld prick sitting there with spunk all over his trousers saying we should all move on. 

Not a legal expert so can be easily shot down but I thought there was a couple of different angles we could have challenged the decision. We went down illegal vote, not received etc But in Belgium they went down restricting trade angle and seemed to get further with their case than we did

David Black
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No.

That's just stupid.  You either support Hearts or you don't.  You choose.

If you read my comment I have supported them for around 65 years, through good,bad and horrendous. Read it and try and understand the points I am trying, and clearly failing, to get across. I am and always will be fanatical Hearts,but I will never be a blind fanatic who cannot see the wood for the trees. It is that attitude of not accepting criticism of the club, offering a different view point and trying to change things . Just because you and I see things differently does not make either of us a lesser Jambo. 

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I think I do understand the concept of a fans forum. As I understand it, it is a platform for fans to gather and freely discuss topics regarding the club. Would you agree?

With relation to the rest of your post. This is the typical delusions of grandeur that gets posted on here regularly. Their is not a nationwide conspiracy against Hearts between football pundits and the general media. Most pundits/media are aligned to one of the OF, and any vested interest, or biased they may hold is with relation to those two clubs. They couldn’t care less about a run of the mill club like Hearts. They don’t see us as being any different to Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Mirren etc. 

I find myself really wondering.

Do you think the governance of Scottish football is corrupt?

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Would you not need to get a load of signatures on a petition to prove a lot of people want to see the decision at best and not any documents that have been protected.  When I mean Signatures I would say the football community/Football Fans.

Edit:  You might add the people who work for the clubs that might not be fans but have an interest, or just anyone interested :) 

There is already evidence out there to support a public interest argument from the MSM, both in the number of column inches written and hours of discussions on the radio.

If figures were available, I suspect that more people dialled into the Hearts/PT CoS hearing, than any other case where the facility has been available.  

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I think this is a very salient point. There were a number of credible, independent legal voices who said that either the case had no chance or a slim chance, for some reason their opinions and arguments were largely dismissed. Forums likes this are an echo chamber, people like what they want to hear, but they are often not reflective of the weight of opinion in a wider sense.

Whilst it's obviously unfair that we were relegated in this circumstance, I think it's also deflected away from some of the incompetent decisions that led to our club being bottom of the league to begin with.

This is exactly what I was trying to say, mate. This thread very quickly turned into an echo chamber, and anyone who had seen a couple of episodes of Suits decided that they were a lawyer worth listening to. 

Any detracting voices of reason, or people airing a note of caution were brushed aside as Hubs Fans (LOLZ). 

People set themselves up for a big fall, and now the toys are well and truly getting thrown out the pram. 

Because people are convinced we have a sound legal case all the anger is being vented at the SPFL/SFA (and yes there should be some anger towards them). But for me, the mismanagement of the club over the past 3 or so years is what we should be angry about; we should never have been in this position. 

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Is that a rhetorical question?

6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I think there are defiantly some shady things that go and rules that get bent to suit certain clubs. 

18Jambo_dave74

Got to laugh at the Raith chairman. He said he was all for reconstruction...then voted against the proposal put forward. 

Then when the potential for Hearts boycotts were mentioned he started to go on about the two clubs long standing good relationship and it would be a shame if we spoiled it. The absolute brass neck. 

His best comment in response to how hard this has been on him/ the club was something along the lines of "we would have been in a better position if we were in Falkirk's position" as if they've been hard done by. Well, im sure they would happily swap with you. They have been essentially handed a title and promotion for something they didn't achieve and have shown absolute zero humility throughout this.

32 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

1 of 16 clubs that voted yes, a yes vote with prejudicial intent.  Good will will be hard to find.

Raith chairman is a complete balloon, didnt vote for reconstruction because they wouldnt have been any better off as a club then says supporters are complaining because they are playing the same teams all the time and they want bigger leagues.He wanted a sweetener to vote for it but didnt get it. 

I so hope more fans take the decision not to visit Raith.

15 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

So if you believe the first sentence of your reply then that is a bit of a contradiction to your original post ?

The highlighted part says to me that if you really believe that comment then why on earth are you bothering to look or post on this forum?

I think the media and pundits generally seem to have an obvious dislike for Hearts which does not come across the same way for the clubs you mention.

That has been the case for a long time and I find it hard to believe that you are a Hearts fan that attends games or listens to the punditry that is out there.

Rogue Daddy
19 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Just listened to the full podcast and Tom English 100% knows that the SPFL are corrupt, he didn’t exactly say it but he knows it. That Raith chairman sounds like and auld prick sitting there with spunk all over his trousers saying we should all move on. 

😂😂😂 ABSOLUTELY! Back tracking big time, hoping Hearts and Raith can enjoy the relationship they once had!

What about that fud Kenny McIntyre asking TE if he was due the SPFL an apology for backing us and PT! What a ring-piece!

Maroonblood22

Can we re-sign Pasquale Bruno just for this season to smash the absolute **** out of these shitehawk teams (ICT aside obvs)? Actually want to cause them physical as well as financial pain!

22 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Mr Bill Clark Raith Rovers Chairman said several times during podcast "now is not the right time"    Hearts fans note now is not the right time to visit Starks Park.

23 minutes ago, Fedupfan said:

Dreary me, I wouldn't have Leslie Dean's help me out with a parking fine.

Unnecessary. I think you should apologise to LD whom you just criticised and played no part in this thread.

They are wholly independent, there is no doubt about it, they are on the SFA list because the have knowledge of the rules about Scottish football. 

They are NOT WHOLLY independent.  They are from a panel drawn up by the SFA, the same organisation who were throwing out threats to us and PTFC before the Hearing even got under way.  Why not not have a panel drawn up by Hearts to choose from?

You wouldn't ask a solicitor/lawyer/QC who deals with buying and selling houses to help you on a murder trial. A judge may like buying coffee from Costa but it doesnt mean he can't judge impartially if he is on a case against them. 

I may be wrong but I think only the Chairman needs to be legaly qualified.

Its tin foil hat stuff on here,  why did I bother joining  I thought it would rational, healthy debate about what went wrong, how do we fix it and what can we learn from mistakes we made. 

If your aim was to encoutage healthy debate you have failed miserably when you gratuitously insult upstanding menbers of the Hearts community like LD.  Learn from your own mistakes first before pontificating re others.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )