SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Thats exactly how I read it. So much sadness in the short statement.

Thats why I think Ann Budge is shellshocked by the decision.

I think she hoped for a fair decision. It seems the intention of the panel was just to get this over and done with as soon as possible. They decided that everything was fine with the Dundee vote and probably never even read the other evidence. 

We expected better. We are left with secrecy, suspicion and ill feeling that will last for many many years.

I hope James Anderson is as sick as Ann and the rest of us. He is a man of honour and integrity. I cannot imagine he will want to risk his reputation shoring up people like Doncaster. We can be grateful for any continued support we get from him and other well intentioned individuals.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

16 minutes ago, Col said:

Hi, I am a Tranmere supporter so I have been following Hearts' plight closely, as have my club I suspect.

Can I just say how impressed I am with how Hearts have gone about this? It may not be the result anyone was wanting but you as a club should be immensely proud of yourselves in standing up to the Corporate bullies. Sky TV appear to be the real enemies here to both of our clubs.

Hearts are now my Scottish team, with Partick a close second. I will make it my business to come to one of your HOME games when I am next up there.

Respect

Welcome to the hearts family and we look forward to you attending 

tynecastle and Edinburgh in the future 

Psychedelicropcircle

Did I read something about an SPFL exec saying there will be bad blood? Link please if so.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In my junk folder too.

Today we all received the decision of the SFA arbitration panel and while the Foundation board is disappointed with the result, we are totally behind the fact that the club, along with Partick Thistle, pursued the issue as far as they could. By standing up to an unworthy and indefensible strategy of causing harm to clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle continued to shine a light on the shortcomings of our governing body and its administrative incompetence and dubious practices. We very much hope that one positive outcome of this affair will be that those in our game with professional integrity (and a demonstrable commitment to a policy that a member organisation exists to support all of its members, particularly in times of crisis) will now stand up and demand the desperately needed improvement to our sport’s administration.

The sad tribalism which this regime’s behaviour has encouraged will have a long-lasting legacy, unfortunately. Speaking as a body representing a considerable community of supporters, we believe that now is the time for new thinking and new strategies to look to a more innovative way forward for our sport, one which is founded on the well-being of the entire football community. Our view is that the current leaders of the game have demonstrated that they are simply not up to that task.  They will for ever be remembered as the overseers of a very, very bleak period for Scottish football, and now is without doubt the time for those with principles to help our failing sport.

We all heard the oft-repeated remarks that a crisis is not a time for change, a position which appeared to be based on pure self-interest.  However, let us give those with that opinion the benefit of the doubt. With the crisis now hopefully abating, let us now look to them to sort out this shambolic organisation which has made our game a laughing stock around the world. Let us look to them to restore some principle and respect to the leadership of Scottish football.

Hearts fans know all about rising to a challenge and bringing about positive change. Let us now hope that others in our wider community have the mettle and the desire to do likewise. The future otherwise is indeed depressing, and while Hearts and Partick Thistle are the current fall-guys, it will be the sport as a whole which ultimately will suffer. As a grassroots organisation, the Foundation of Hearts is ready and willing to join with those who care in seeking a better-led, better-organised future underpinned by integrity and vision. We would ask other fans’ bodies – and indeed club chairmen and other leaders in our sport who currently have the power – to use this moment to think beyond their own clubs, to consider how this current state of affairs has been reached and what its potential consequences may be, and quite simply to demand change.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

Copyright © 2020 Foundation of Hearts. All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Foundation of Hearts Limited, c/o Heart of Midlothian Football Club,

Thanks mate,

Checked everywhere but nothing.

I must be on the naughty step😟

willie wallace
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Every legal based arbitration in the world is private and confidential - and unreported/unprinted, unless unlawfully leaked - or unless the matter gets sent to court for error of law/jurisdictional issues (as arbitrations cannot be appealed)

Why is it like this.If ever a case deserved to be in the public limelight this was surely it.

I understand the need for confidentiality at times but surely in the greater interest we should be given at least some basic details.

Just now, pennyjambo22 said:

Bang on the money.🇱🇻

It really really isn't bang on the money. It's wide of the mark. It's a sclaff that didn't even make it out to the goals.

We haven't yet made a statement, other than as part of the JOINT STATEMENT. WITH PARTICK.

The Internet, man!

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Id kill the bitch, nobody wants to lose 6 mates

In amongst the dark clouds and pissing rain. some smart arse makes you laugh!

How much is the parachute payment? The issue with compensation is everyone is losing money. I know we have less games and tv money but they might argue there isn’t crowds getting into the extra games 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Thanks mate,

Checked everywhere but nothing.

I must be on the naughty step😟

I’ve had a few problems too.

Hungry hippo
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The club's statement and FoH' s statement were equally pathetic compared to Partick Thistle's.

You mean the joint statement. Hearts are yet to make our own statement.

Jamstomorrow
56 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

“As all Parties have been requested not to comment on the tribunal’s decision or reveal details of the hearings on the grounds of confidentiality"

Where it says "requested" does it mean we can't as we'd be under threat of legal action if we did ?

If it says 'requested' It is not a 'requirement.'    

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

How much is the parachute payment? The issue with compensation is everyone is losing money. I know we have less games and tv money but they might argue there isn’t crowds getting into the extra games 

300k im sure

30 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Can we not just work with Partick Th to come up with an immediate proposal for reconstruction? Something different 14-12-10-6 or something? 

Doncaster is already working on a new proposal, 2-20-20.  The clubs finishing in the top 10 in the second tier take part in a series of 8 play-off rounds to see who gets to play Rangers at Ibrox with Bobby Madden refereeing for a place in the top flight.  Rangers are always runners up in the Premiership, as Peter Lawell will be granted executive powers to call the league whenever he wants.

Sky get to show OF derbies every weekend, the Premiership champions (aka Celtic) get 50% of the SPFL prize pot, the runners up (you know who) get 45%, with the remaining 5% being shared out amongst the 40 diddy teams.

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The club's statement and FoH' s statement were equally pathetic compared to Partick Thistle's.

Shoot and miss again FA, you’re getting to old. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Slaver grenades!!!! Im challenging mysefl to use that phrase this week somewhere, top patter :)

It was from someone else a few months back. 

A prominent poster, I forget who tho. 

Can't take the credit, but it's a belter and one I've kept alive, it deserves it. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How many folk have missed this,  then started launching slaver grenades about it. 

Laughable.

glynnlondon
17 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Thats exactly how I read it. So much sadness in the short statement.

Thats why I think Ann Budge is shellshocked by the decision.

I'm surprised by that seen this coming a mile off

44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I want someone to clarify how it was that the Dundee vote was valid. That has to be explained. It’s unacceptable not to shed light on that issue.

No light is being shed on anything! That’s just what the SFA and SPFL wanted!

HillmanHearts

Both the “joint statement“ and the FOH statement are pretty uninspiring.

The PT statement is much rousing.

No doubt Ann B will be pretty dispirited by the whole debacle just now.

But I guess we just need to dust ourselves down and get on with it now.

Make sure we get back up first time. And wreak vengeance on some of these shameless ****ers.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Hmmn I dunno. The Partick one read to me that they were along for the ride because someone else was paying the legal fees, basically that they didn't really expect to get a result, but were offered a free roll of the dice... They are after all that bit closer to Hampden and the Gruesomes and have been done over by the other clubs previously...

I may be wrong but didn't Partick cough up for a QC opinion before we did?

Anyway the last people I'd criticise in all this is Patrick Thistle and it was a far better statement than Hearts and FoH managed to come up with.

Jambo in Bathgate

I think our statement is short and not full of the vitriol we want because there are two parts outstanding. The SFA charge and the position on fees. I would hope that all parties pay their own, however that is at the hands of the three not so wise panelist’s. 

35 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Bring Out Your Riot Gear - Hearts are Here!: Gorgie Aggro, 1981-86 ... Bringing on back the good times 

No thanks. We need that passion of course but not that behaviour. We have a point to prove now and bringing bad publicity about our fan base is surely not the way forward.

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Should it have happened sooner? 

Instead of expecting to get justice at the 11th hour? 

Played like a fiddle. 

I think we would have been in a much weaker position if we had gone to court earlier. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I think our statement is short and not full of the vitriol we want because there are two parts outstanding. The SFA charge and the position on fees. I would hope that all parties pay their own, however that is at the hands of the three not so wise panelist’s. 

Nah, we’ll get hit with a big chunk because we lost 

manaliveits105

So whats this about all parties have been requested not to comment when Doncaster says he feels vindicated and is absolutely delighted - ?? is that not a comment

please pursue this man with vigour and eradicate him from our game.

Do not attempt to enter Tynecastle you piece of shit

RedStarRiot

Probably an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't be against withdrawing from the Scottish Cup. Saves even more embarrassment since we have clearly been set up and won't have much time to sort our squad, train and play competitive games. Give Rangers the spot against the vermin to then play Celtic in the final. Actually feel done with Scottish football now. 

jambogirlglasgow

I hope the players are having a long hard think about the night they went to St Mirren and didn’t lay a glove on them. 
This farce shouldn’t deflect from that. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

We’ve not made a statement yet.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

So whats this about all parties have been requested not to comment when Doncaster says he feels vindicated and is absolutely delighted - ?? is that not a comment

please pursue this man with vigour and eradicate him from our game.

Do not attempt to enter Tynecastle you piece of shit

It’s not to comment on specifics - so the details of the case. 

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Except it wasnt the clubs statement it was the joint one. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't think that is true.  I mean the bit about confidentiality. There has been a move away from.the traditional secrecy of arbitration processes the origins of which lie in a common interest of those involved in arbitration for commercial confidentiality. I don't know about Scottish Law specifically but many jurisdictions allow arbitration to be public if the parties agree to it being public. I think Hearts and PT both  expressed willingness for arbitration to be made public which suggests this was a possibility. Of course the SFA and SPFL would never have agreed to that.

For reasons we can all guess at. There is something very unsatisfactory about the secrecy surrounding something that affects ten of thousands of interested parties. But that is Scottish football for you.

Can't argue that it’s incredibly frustrating not to know the logic around the decision. 

What’s the betting we skoosh the championship and there’s no promotion?
2020 can just **** off

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Anyway the last people I'd criticise in all this is Patrick Thistle and it was a far better statement than Hearts and FoH managed to come up with.

Hearts as a club have not issued a statement. Hearts and Partick Thistle issued a joint statement. Jacqui Low the CEO of Partick Thistle issued a statement on behalf of Partick Thistle.

Stuart Wallace issued a statement on behalf of the Foundation of Hearts.

I repeat. Heart of Midlothian as of yet have not issued a club statement.

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The joint statement says all that needs to be said if they cannot actually tell us what happened...I'd rather we just joined them in the dirty tricks PR department and leaked what should be leaked...Screw this dreadful, anachronistic secret ways of doing things. SFA and their effing funny handshakes...

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What evidence is there that she’s learned from her mistakes?

there is none

sooner she is out the club the better

unfortunately knocking-over a bunch of postman and engineers for a few months will probably be enough for the shrewd business woman and Robbie’s heading to the premiership vibe again

:lol:

:(

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't think that is true.  I mean the bit about confidentiality. There has been a move away from.the traditional secrecy of arbitration processes the origins of which lie in a common interest of those involved in arbitration for commercial confidentiality. I don't know about Scottish Law specifically but many jurisdictions allow arbitration to be public if the parties agree to it being public. I think Hearts and PT both  expressed willingness for arbitration to be made public which suggests this was a possibility. Of course the SFA and SPFL would never have agreed to that.

For reasons we can all guess at. There is something very unsatisfactory about the secrecy surrounding something that affects ten of thousands of interested parties. But that is Scottish football for you.

You hit the nail on the head - IF THE PARTIES AGREE.

If the parties had agreed this case could have gone to court

If parties agree you can decide disputes how you want - other than duel. I think that's illegal now

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Cool your jets dudes, Budge will have her say soon enough. Probably limited in what she can say and it makes **** all difference anyway but that joint statement won’t be her last word.

48 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Never got the FoH email either. Yes I’m a pledger and yes I’ve checked the spam folder 

So what? It's been posted on here. Yours would say the exact same if you got one. They weren't personalised.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

The joint statement says all that needs to be said if they cannot actually tell us what happened...I'd rather we just joined them in the dirty tricks PR department and leaked what should be leaked...Screw this dreadful, anachronistic secret ways of doing things. SFA and their effing funny handshakes...

She’ll either put out one of her exhausting statements or she’ll do an interview with the EEN/BBC/Guardian. But it’s all pointless anyway because there are clearly restrictions about what can be said

glynnlondon
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Leak it I'm for causing as much damage as possible

Fact is more clubs we can kill the better

Burn it all down

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, graygo said:

So what? It's been posted on here. Yours would say the exact same if you got one. They weren't personalised.

That’s right Griswold. You only pay in money every month. Can’t expect them to email you.

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Wasn’t an attack at you mate, just an observation. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hearts as a club have not issued a statement. Hearts and Partick Thistle issued a joint statement. Jacqui Low the CEO of Partick Thistle issued a statement on behalf of Partick Thistle.

Stuart Wallace issued a statement on behalf of the Foundation of Hearts.

I repeat. Heart of Midlothian as of yet have not issued a club statement.

Ok Hearts have issued a joint statement with PT. PT's CEO has issued a statement. FOH has issued a statement. The only one that comes close to being a decent statement is that of PT's CEO.

The others are IMO pathetic.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Wasn’t an attack at you mate, just an observation. 

Pay your cash and shut up please pal.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

I'm surprised by that seen this coming a mile off

😂😂 You had no idea what was happening tho. 

Your feelings are just because they are. 

Hers would have based on what she witnessed and what was discussed. 

Utter shitshow, I try to live my life expecting the best from people and a lot of the time I am rewarded with good outcomes.

This though is sadly no great surprise, you got to hope that karma will wreck revenge on our persecutors and that Dungcasters every shite from now to his inevitable demise is a hedgehog.

Always Hearts x 

I wonder if the FOH statement has been written in such a way that it is saying what the club wants to say but can't. Therefore no repercussions on the club

49 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I want someone to clarify how it was that the Dundee vote was valid. That has to be explained. It’s unacceptable not to shed light on that issue.

Just speculation on my part, but in company law, you have 28 days to vote to accept a resolution, with no requirement to vote to reject it.  By not accepting it within 28 days, you have rejected it, but once you accept it, you cannot reverse that decision. 

If I switch to yes / no for simplicity, rather than accept / reject, the SPFL ballot requested clubs to respond within 48 hours, if possible, and also asked for a yes or no vote.  However, the SPFL could not override the law, therefore any club had the right to take up to 28 days to vote yes, or simply let the time lapse if they did not want to support the proposal.

The law does not allow a yes vote to be amended, but there is no such stipulation about a no vote, because the law does not recognise the concept of a no vote.  So, once the SPFL were aware that the Dundee 'no' vote caused the resolution to fail, they had the opportunity to attempt to 'persuade' Dundee to change their vote, as Dundee legally still had the right to vote yes.

As I say, just speculation on my part, based on a very rudimentary understanding of the legal aspects, and I'm more than happy to be corrected by any of the far more knowledgeable legal minds on here.

glynnlondon
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂 You had no idea what was happening tho. 

Your feelings are just because they are. 

Hers would have based on what she witnessed and what was discussed. 

I knew enough that we'd see eff all from this just look at the track record previous 50 years.

Regardless off div's talking about champagne on ice

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )