SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I get the feeling Ann Budge is maybe shellshocked and the statement that was sent out was the only one we'll get.

Nah! More like looking at options and taking legal advice.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

willie wallace
Just now, Spellczech said:

Ironic that the people paying the lawyers bills have no more right to know than the rest of us. How can that be right?

It's not right by any means.How much of the 5 days evidence could be classed as confidential. 

Do we ever get to hear the truth about the Dundee vote or why Ann Budge had to do Doncaster's job regarding reconstruction.

I could go on and on but I am getting angrier as I type.

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I get the feeling Ann Budge is maybe shellshocked and the statement that was sent out was the only one we'll get.

Perhaps but I feel she is more measured, looking at the options, considering the next move and either getting a new plan in place or looking for the right words for the supporters if she is packing it in.  It could be she is looking to the funding of the next move as that is a big part of any next step.   Fingers crossed she rolls the dice one more time and tries to go back to the CoS.   We do not need PT in this fight only the right legal team and financial backers.  Of course I could be miles off but just hope we do not throw the towel in now.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Of course they don’t want it in the open...they will move on like the issue never existed.....corrupt as Feck

not to mention the panel bribe - doh!

Rick Sanchez

I agree with the person who said we shouldn't be joining or helping any other team, grassroots or fixing Scottish football.

Stop the ****ing cuddlyness.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, H2 said:

The finding of arbitration should be open, why should it be confidential, unless there is something to hide?

It was pretty obvious when CoS sent it there, where this was going. Ensure the Dundee nonsense is buried.

2 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

You're spot on..... They played her with the crap about leading the reconstruction group..... just playing for time and she fell for it....... totally embarrassing. 

Hmmn not sure about this. She had to be seen to exhaust every avenue before going to CoS. I think she knew the reconstruction plan was dead in the water. The hope was that it would reinforce the bad faith attitude...

What I would love to know is how they took so long to reach the unanimous decision they reached...If our evidence was too circumstantial or not robust enough, or not admissable why did it take longer than a couple of days?

Nookie Bear
38 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Foundation statement also;

Dear Pledger

Today we all received the decision of the SFA arbitration panel and while the Foundation board is disappointed with the result, we are totally behind the fact that the club, along with Partick Thistle, pursued the issue as far as they could. By standing up to an unworthy and indefensible strategy of causing harm to clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle continued to shine a light on the shortcomings of our governing body and its administrative incompetence and dubious practices. We very much hope that one positive outcome of this affair will be that those in our game with professional integrity (and a demonstrable commitment to a policy that a member organisation exists to support all of its members, particularly in times of crisis) will now stand up and demand the desperately needed improvement to our sport’s administration.

The sad tribalism which this regime’s behaviour has encouraged will have a long-lasting legacy, unfortunately. Speaking as a body representing a considerable community of supporters, we believe that now is the time for new thinking and new strategies to look to a more innovative way forward for our sport, one which is founded on the well-being of the entire football community. Our view is that the current leaders of the game have demonstrated that they are simply not up to that task.  They will for ever be remembered as the overseers of a very, very bleak period for Scottish football, and now is without doubt the time for those with principles to help our failing sport.

We all heard the oft-repeated remarks that a crisis is not a time for change, a position which appeared to be based on pure self-interest.  However, let us give those with that opinion the benefit of the doubt. With the crisis now hopefully abating, let us now look to them to sort out this shambolic organisation which has made our game a laughing stock around the world. Let us look to them to restore some principle and respect to the leadership of Scottish football.

Hearts fans know all about rising to a challenge and bringing about positive change. Let us now hope that others in our wider community have the mettle and the desire to do likewise. The future otherwise is indeed depressing, and while Hearts and Partick Thistle are the current fall-guys, it will be the sport as a whole which ultimately will suffer. As a grassroots organisation, the Foundation of Hearts is ready and willing to join with those who care in seeking a better-led, better-organised future underpinned by integrity and vision. We would ask other fans’ bodies – and indeed club chairmen and other leaders in our sport who currently have the power – to use this moment to think beyond their own clubs, to consider how this current state of affairs has been reached and what its potential consequences may be, and quite simply to demand change.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

Don’t give a toss about “other fans bodies”. This suggests there is some sort of solidarity amongst Scottish football fans but we have seen that that does not exist, if it ever did. 

A huge number of clubs backed an unethical and unfair process that was tailored to suit Celtic. We, and a handful of others, did not. 

These battle lines are permanent in my book. 

Hi, I am a Tranmere supporter so I have been following Hearts' plight closely, as have my club I suspect.

Can I just say how impressed I am with how Hearts have gone about this? It may not be the result anyone was wanting but you as a club should be immensely proud of yourselves in standing up to the Corporate bullies. Sky TV appear to be the real enemies here to both of our clubs.

Hearts are now my Scottish team, with Partick a close second. I will make it my business to come to one of your HOME games when I am next up there.

Respect

ToadKiller Dog

The Hearts statement seems full of just confusion and sadness .

The decision reasons needs to be made public. 

25 minutes ago, communist said:

Sorry you misunderstand my post.

There was some injustice in the relegation. Wanting reconstruction is fine, wanting it for one season only, smacks of 'we just want a bigger league for one season to save ourself.'  That's where the desperation and self preservation came through, and why it failed I think. 

It should have been permanent reconstruction or nothing imo. It might have got more support too. 

I agree, the tide went against us when we started talking about short term reconstruction. We made some big mistakes and if we dont realise that then we are being foolish. We should have been canvassing all the teams, the lower league teams all said they didn't get so much as a call to ask them how we could get this done. Bug mistakes but it will take time to understand them. 

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

It's not right by any means.How much of the 5 days evidence could be classed as confidential. 

Do we ever get to hear the truth about the Dundee vote or why Ann Budge had to do Doncaster's job regarding reconstruction.

I could go on and on but I am getting angrier as I type.

The confidentiality is almost the biggest kick in the baws imo. *******s will be thinking they've got away with this.

Doncaster will open a nice bottle of red tonight.

But we're coming for him, I don't doubt it.

6 minutes ago, H2 said:

The finding of arbitration should be open, why should it be confidential, unless there is something to hide?

Every legal based arbitration in the world is private and confidential - and unreported/unprinted, unless unlawfully leaked - or unless the matter gets sent to court for error of law/jurisdictional issues (as arbitrations cannot be appealed)

28 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If you contribute to the FOH, you'll have an email.

Seems not in my case

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

GTF you slavering arsehole. :rofl:

He means England not Hibs, you realise mate?!

Edited by TheBigO

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I agree with the person who said we shouldn't be joining or helping any other team, grassroots or fixing Scottish football.

Stop the ****ing cuddlyness.

Definitely. Focus on engaging our fans. It should be one way traffic as far as the clubs time is concerned. Apparently we were advising Motherwell about fan ownership. Petty or not, that stops now. No way we should be helping anyone going forward. Focus on growing Hearts and only Hearts.  

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

This will never happen. We either play within the Scottish football structure or no-where. I prefer the former. 

Never say never .... once upon a time Highland League Clubs said the same thing about the Highland League eg Ross County ......

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

For those having a dig at Hearts' official statement; I suspect the club's sentiments will have been communicated through the FOH email who are sufficiently detached from the club at this point, to avoid any backlash. 

The club's statement and FoH' s statement were equally pathetic compared to Partick Thistle's.

Wondering if Ann will release a statement that also includes her notifying us that she is stepping aside as CEO?

Obvs the club can't do anymore legally. What can we do? Can we start a petition to the UK gov backing Ian Murray's calls for the fan led investigation into English Football to include Scottish Football? I'm genuinely asking for ideas, what can we do beside the boycotts? Freedom of info request into the arbitration decision?

Edited by WDJ87

34 minutes ago, kevins_barnet said:

Gotta laugh at Stuart Wallace talking about the time for change. He’s sat on the board which has overseen the product on the park get progressively worse over the last few years.

It’s birthday caird pish. I could not give two f**ks about Scottish football or bettering anything within it. What Scottish football does to try better it self from know on I’d rather it doesn’t involve Hearts. My sole focus is on Hearts and seeing us have a winning team. My FOH will be increasing on the back of this as what an incredible organisation we have. 

I'm just going to say this now. 

Not one chance of Doncaster being the one to present the Championship trophy next season. He's not the balls, spine or character to take the abuse and it would be well-****ing-deserved abuse too. 

Expect them to drop it off at the club and Ann or whoever will present it. Absolute ****ing cowards. 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The Hearts statement seems full of just confusion and sadness .

The decision reasons needs to be made public. 

Thats exactly how I read it. So much sadness in the short statement.

Thats why I think Ann Budge is shellshocked by the decision.

Italian Lambretta
Just now, OTT said:

I'm just going to say this now. 

Not one chance of Doncaster being the one to present the Championship trophy next season. He's not the balls, spine or character to take the abuse and it would be well-****ing-deserved abuse too. 

Expect them to drop it off at the club and Ann or whoever will present it. Absolute ****ing cowards. 

They can throw it in the Firth of Forth for all i care. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The club's statement and FoH' s statement were equally pathetic compared to Partick Thistle's.

Hmmn I dunno. The Partick one read to me that they were along for the ride because someone else was paying the legal fees, basically that they didn't really expect to get a result, but were offered a free roll of the dice... They are after all that bit closer to Hampden and the Gruesomes and have been done over by the other clubs previously...

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Seems not in my case

In my junk folder too.

Today we all received the decision of the SFA arbitration panel and while the Foundation board is disappointed with the result, we are totally behind the fact that the club, along with Partick Thistle, pursued the issue as far as they could. By standing up to an unworthy and indefensible strategy of causing harm to clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle continued to shine a light on the shortcomings of our governing body and its administrative incompetence and dubious practices. We very much hope that one positive outcome of this affair will be that those in our game with professional integrity (and a demonstrable commitment to a policy that a member organisation exists to support all of its members, particularly in times of crisis) will now stand up and demand the desperately needed improvement to our sport’s administration.

The sad tribalism which this regime’s behaviour has encouraged will have a long-lasting legacy, unfortunately. Speaking as a body representing a considerable community of supporters, we believe that now is the time for new thinking and new strategies to look to a more innovative way forward for our sport, one which is founded on the well-being of the entire football community. Our view is that the current leaders of the game have demonstrated that they are simply not up to that task.  They will for ever be remembered as the overseers of a very, very bleak period for Scottish football, and now is without doubt the time for those with principles to help our failing sport.

We all heard the oft-repeated remarks that a crisis is not a time for change, a position which appeared to be based on pure self-interest.  However, let us give those with that opinion the benefit of the doubt. With the crisis now hopefully abating, let us now look to them to sort out this shambolic organisation which has made our game a laughing stock around the world. Let us look to them to restore some principle and respect to the leadership of Scottish football.

Hearts fans know all about rising to a challenge and bringing about positive change. Let us now hope that others in our wider community have the mettle and the desire to do likewise. The future otherwise is indeed depressing, and while Hearts and Partick Thistle are the current fall-guys, it will be the sport as a whole which ultimately will suffer. As a grassroots organisation, the Foundation of Hearts is ready and willing to join with those who care in seeking a better-led, better-organised future underpinned by integrity and vision. We would ask other fans’ bodies – and indeed club chairmen and other leaders in our sport who currently have the power – to use this moment to think beyond their own clubs, to consider how this current state of affairs has been reached and what its potential consequences may be, and quite simply to demand change.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

Copyright © 2020 Foundation of Hearts. All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Foundation of Hearts Limited, c/o Heart of Midlothian Football Club,

brunoatemyhamster
10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Hmmn not sure about this. She had to be seen to exhaust every avenue before going to CoS. I think she knew the reconstruction plan was dead in the water. The hope was that it would reinforce the bad faith attitude...

What I would love to know is how they took so long to reach the unanimous decision they reached...If our evidence was too circumstantial or not robust enough, or not admissable why did it take longer than a couple of days

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed FA. I'm hoping that ABs fan statement to follow will be more in keeping with our mood. As far as FOH are concerned,  I just don't get it. Working together etc. just doesn't make sense, and I don't think it captures how fans I've spoken to, are feeling .

Even if those who voted against us said OK let's work together, it would be like welcoming the wife back after she @@@@ed 6 of your mates

1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

She lost her " Never really tried for reconstruction" ammunition the moment she agreed to chair it. 

She should have been nowhere near it for that reason. 

I have a feeling her involvement might get us out of a big SFA fine...

willie wallace
9 minutes ago, Col said:

Hi, I am a Tranmere supporter so I have been following Hearts' plight closely, as have my club I suspect.

Can I just say how impressed I am with how Hearts have gone about this? It may not be the result anyone was wanting but you as a club should be immensely proud of yourselves in standing up to the Corporate bullies. Sky TV appear to be the real enemies here to both of our clubs.

Hearts are now my Scottish team, with Partick a close second. I will make it my business to come to one of your HOME games when I am next up there.

Respect

Cheers for the good wishes.Enjoy your trip to Tynecastle and hope you bounce straight back up next season.

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Agreed FA. I'm hoping that ABs fan statement to follow will be more in keeping with our mood. As far as FOH are concerned,  I just don't get it. Working together etc. just doesn't make sense, and I don't think it captures how fans I've spoken to, are feeling .

Even if those who voted against us said OK let's work together, it would be like welcoming the wife back after she @@@@ed 6 of your mates

I agree. FOH issued an Only Hearts style statement not too long ago. Seems the overall message, if not the actual words, are at odds. 

heatonjambo
10 minutes ago, Col said:

Respect

My neighbour is a Tranmere fan

its resprical  my friend  

18 minutes ago, Dano307 said:

I can't help but feel we set our legal challenge too narrow... Other countries have had relegations overturned just due to the circumstances (relegation not being legal without the competition finishing) whereas we set our challenge out focusing in on the legality of the Dundee vote. 

I may be talking rubbish but if our challenge had been set up to focus on the legality of relegation in general in the circumstances, would we have had a better shot/chance to go to CAS? 

I don't think we can know for certain that the grounds put forward to the tribunal were exactly the same as those put to the COS. But assuming they are, I would tend to agree with this. My impression was that we were relying too heavily on some sort of procedural irregularity with the Dundee vote rather than the legalities of 'relegating' a team before the relevant competition has been completed - without provision to do so in the rules. The position in which particular teams are in a league table before the competition is complete is simply a snapshot in time - as the Championship in England demonstrates so effectively. If the World Cup final was abandoned after 80 minutes with one team leading 1-0 - there is no way on earth that the team that was leading would be awarded the trophy. That is what this comes down to in a nutshell.

Although the Dundee vote was an utter shambles, the consequences of declaring it null and void would have been pretty seismic and for that reason it was never likely IMO that the Tribunal were going to go down that road.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Everyone realises both clubs issued exactly the same initial joint statement??

Thistle's is a follow up statement - we havent issued our follow up statement yet

How many folk have missed this,  then started launching slaver grenades about it. 

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Thats exactly how I read it. So much sadness in the short statement.

Thats why I think Ann Budge is shellshocked by the decision.

Without being harsh, she needs to suck it up and get on with it. We've no time to feel sorry for ourselves. Coming back stronger is the only way we'll get revenge on the skid mark clubs in Scotland. 

* should add, if that's the case. Maybe is punching **** out of a wall in a rage just now before penning a statement. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

How many folk have missed this,  then started launching slaver grenades about it. 

:rofl:

I'm having that 

11 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Some amount of vermin on here at the moment

Exactly the place is full of them

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Id kill the bitch, nobody wants to lose 6 mates

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

I’ll try hard to grow up although it’s a bit late for me in my 7th decade. I don’t , and won’t, forget her positive contribution. But the only way to exorcise and not repeat the absolute catastrophe of the last couple of years is to have a searching and reasoned analysis of how it happened. Not today or even this week, but definitely before she and we move on. I’m pretty confident she realises that herself.

Original post wasn’t aimed at you, there’s a lot of reflection needed and hopefully it’s already started, time to review and react accordingly both on field and off. Hopefully we start by cutting our cloth to fit our reduced season ahead. The SPFL changed my view towards football in general recently, I’m now of the realisation that it’s rotten to the core, so from now on it’s Always Hearts, **** the rest! 

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Every legal based arbitration in the world is private and confidential - and unreported/unprinted, unless unlawfully leaked - or unless the matter gets sent to court for error of law/jurisdictional issues (as arbitrations cannot be appealed)

I don't think that is true.  I mean the bit about confidentiality. There has been a move away from.the traditional secrecy of arbitration processes the origins of which lie in a common interest of those involved in arbitration for commercial confidentiality. I don't know about Scottish Law specifically but many jurisdictions allow arbitration to be public if the parties agree to it being public. I think Hearts and PT both  expressed willingness for arbitration to be made public which suggests this was a possibility. Of course the SFA and SPFL would never have agreed to that.

For reasons we can all guess at. There is something very unsatisfactory about the secrecy surrounding something that affects ten of thousands of interested parties. But that is Scottish football for you.

Edited by Francis Albert

baxterd1974
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's almost like they want to have a pop, but there's no way that can be the case can it? 😞

brunoatemyhamster
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I have a feeling her involvement might get us out of a big SFA fine...

I have a feeling Sevco taking them to court and not getting a fine will get us out a fine. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Slaver grenades!!!! Im challenging mysefl to use that phrase this week somewhere, top patter :)

pennyjambo22
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Bang on the money.🇱🇻

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )