SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

9 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

Every year when I went on holiday to warmer climates I would meet football minded people from other countries and would always tell them that Scotland was the most corrupt football nation in the world. The normsl reply was laughter and pointing out countries like Italy Spain etc etc. Then I would tell them we dodnt even try to hide it and that we blatantly bend the rules to accommodate two teams and would give examples. 

Usually they would be gobsmacked and dis believing but I genuinely do believe we never even bothered to hide it and the rollercoaster that's scottish football is all set up for two teams.

No exclusive there I hear you say 

Correct and I've said it before but when Lord Clark said that the articles of association meant that even a company law dispute was a football matter and he was forced to return it to the SFA arbitration the game was a bogie for us all. The SFA/SPFL now don't even need to threaten clubs with a fine for going to court because they now know that the courts will just return it anyway.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

10 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Anybody think this could be like bald men fighting over a comb? I think there is a decent chance none of the Scottish leagues will be completed and a few clubs will go bust due to players testing positive and games being cancelled. 

🤞

12 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

James Anderson raging at injustice and buying out Ann...

Ann Budge is contractually obligated to selling the club to FOH.

6 minutes ago, heartened said:

That's all well and good but is it right that the players escape any responsibility?

Correct spaghetti fingers must be on at least 10% blame

south morroccan
31 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

This!!! The foundation can feck off with their cosying up to other fan bases for the common good pish!!!

every set of fans I know are laughing like **** at this whole episode.

Only Hearts for me.

They are not talking about the 'common good' they are talking about change. Changing the corrupt governance of Scottish football. (For those who must personalise shunting Doncaster off and getting rid of pandering to the uglies.) If any club or any fan group wishes to join us in this I'd welcome it, if not I hope your club dies.

Edited by south morroccan
typo

maroonlegions
24 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I know mate, just one of those days I suppose. I need a beer, no offence 👍🏻

Aye, no worries mate, beer for me too. FTH.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Correct spaghetti fingers must be on at least 10% blame

INJURIES - 90%

Japan Jambo
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All the cool kids did. Feel a bit sorry for those who didn’t but feel special at the same time. 

Not feeling like a cool kid today. The thought of donkey strutting like a peacock is way too much for me. Sad that we won't know what really happened for a while but equally sure it'll leak out long after it matters in terms of holding folks to account. No choice but to dust ourselves down and push hard to win the championship. Would be awfully minded to ensure that there is a public understanding of the rules up front though, imagine we are ahead after 79% of the games and the plug gets pulled on promotion - pessimistic I know but being a Hearts fan I've unfortunately seen a fair few shaftings over the last few decades. Equally we can't afford complacency, promotion back needs to be earned, it's not a right, no matter how badly we were wronged arriving in that place.

maroonlegions
28 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not you mate, the subject of your post. That's why I deleted it from my reply. 👍

Cool bud, been a shite day eh. 

Captain Canada

It's game over now for all teams because they've shown they can do what they want and have no repercussions. 

This coming season it will be another team's turn when they can't field a side and get demoted. 

Someone needs to ask the SPFL board some serious questions. Where's the marketing plan for Scottish football? It seems to consist of four OF games and nothing else. 

It's absolutely pathetic that this was allowed to happen and even worse that we're now going to be subjected to many more years of this. 

We're five days from the season starting and still don't have a sponsor. And not one Chairman seems to even care enough to speak out about it, despite clubs needing cash more than ever. 

Scottish football is finished under this regime. 

4 minutes ago, south morroccan said:

They are not talking about the 'common good' they are talking about change. Changing the corrupt governance of Scottish football. (For those who must personalise shunting Doncaster off and getting rid of pandering to the uglies.) If any club or any fan group wishes to join us in this I'd welcome it, if not I hope your club dies.

I know full well what they’re talking about but every other club seems happy the way this was all handled and never pushed for answers with the Dundee vote etc!!

Gate and horse bolting springs to mind so sorry if I’m not wanting us to be all warm and cuddly with other teams now that we’ve been absolutely fisted.

We have witnessed first hand the appetite for change from our “fellow” members and quite frankly they can all go feck themselves.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Cool bud, been a shite day eh. 

Oh aye, I'm ashamed to say that I've got bitterness seeping out of every pore. Actually thinking of taking a hiatus from the forum rather than falling out with everyone.

5 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It's game over now for all teams because they've shown they can do what they want and have no repercussions. 

This coming season it will be another team's turn when they can't field a side and get demoted. 

Someone needs to ask the SPFL board some serious questions. Where's the marketing plan for Scottish football? It seems to consist of four OF games and nothing else. 

It's absolutely pathetic that this was allowed to happen and even worse that we're now going to be subjected to many more years of this. 

We're five days from the season starting and still don't have a sponsor. And not one Chairman seems to even care enough to speak out about it, despite clubs needing cash more than ever. 

Scottish football is finished under this regime. 

Dave Cormarck at Aberdeen seems to be asking questions. I wonder how long until he's chased out? 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/2360303/aberdeen-chief-dave-cormack-keen-to-see-revamp-of-scottish-football/

Edited by OTT

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Oh aye, I'm ashamed to say that I've got bitterness seeping out of every pore. Actually thinking of taking a hiatus from the forum rather than falling out with everyone.

I’m with you mate, I’m sorry but I just can’t be all nicey about this.

Disgusted with the whole thing!!

Anybody thinking the season ahead will be start stop with failed COVID testing.

The signs are already there in the SPFL, god only knows how part time clubs will manage this with their players doing their day jobs

ToadKiller Dog

Personally think FoH should be asking the club to release the Arbitration decision reasoning to its members to digest. 

We are run on the idea of fan ownership and soon we will be fan owned .

I think before we can move on we need to see the reasoning .

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

The signs are already there in the SPFL, god only knows how part time clubs will manage this with their players doing their day jobs

Mr Anderson coughed up money for that though.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Now the £500,000 fine from the SFA that next 

**** em all. They'll only lose it anyway. Absolute scum. Smarmy bar stewards.

32 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Doncasters statement for me pretty much proves once and for all how wrong he is for the position he holds.

Can only imagine the Budge type statement if the shoe was on the other foot.

Classless doesn't even come close.

and this is why we should set up a resolution to have him thrown out. Rangers tried and failed through lack of support but I'm sure they would join in if was raised again.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Now the £500,000 fine from the SFA that next 

Yep.prettymuch have a green.light for that now.

Not a single media outlet queries Doncaster's failure to get a league sponsor. Seems strange till you realise his back is covered by "St Peter" who is only interested in Champions League money for his own club. 

Neil, of course, trousers his 'Sky bonus' from the meeting "St Peter" amazingly went along to, despite having no formal role with the SFA/SPFL......... 

38 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

you’re right but no-one wants to hear it

Christ , I've game back on 5 hours later and you're still banging on about the same old shite . 

We get it m8 , it's time to move on . Tomorrow is another day , we move on and rebuild. Not point droning on about the past . If you can't hack it , get another club . 

Just now, Simmo said:

and this is why we should set up a resolution to have him thrown out. Rangers tried and failed through lack of support but I'm sure they would join in if was raised again.

Raise it and keep raising it until the ******* is out on his specky bairns hair sporting arse. 

Oh and he looks like a ****ing nonce.

Doncaster is a speky hotdog. SFA having their strings pulled by Peter lawell the coffin dodger. Currupt to the core.

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve renewed my ST months ago, so when we’re allowed back I’ll go. Never been big on away games so not going to pretend a boycott, as I won’t go anyway.

But I’ll be honest, I’m quite disheartened by all of this. If someone said to me they’d give up on Scottish football I genuinely could not blame them. Big Stephane was right saying the national team and European club (lack of) success correlated with the inept leadership. I mean we always have said Scottish football caters to two teams and how ridiculous and unfair it is but personally I thought when you took things away from football and tribalism that in periods of crisis that the SFA, SPFL, Chairmen, fans of clubs would do the right thing by everyone. I genuinely couldn’t comprehend the lengths they would go to do the unethical thing and continue to gloat about it.

I actually right now don’t want to have any part of this league setup. Why should we? All but two clubs are handicapped before a ball is kicked due to financial disparity and all the setup does is to further that gap and inequality. It’s actively geared to keep the status quo. I support my club knowing the likelihood of ultimate trophy success, particularly in the league, is very, very small. But a part of me always thought maybe one day we’ll do enough to challenge. Maybe one day we, or other clubs, can do something. I always thought as geared towards two clubs as the setup is that there was a barrier that could not be crossed in terms of being unfair. But now I know the barrier is not there.

They can be as unfair as they like, punish clubs through no fault of their own and get away with it without having to pay any compensation. AND they will fine those unfairly kicked in the nads for saying it’s unfair. So if someone wants to invest their time and money into a more equal product, I won’t blame them.

Great post! Like others I am hedging whether to just bail, I will always love Hearts, have supported them for 40 years, this feels like 86 only I naively thought then we would be back challenging for the title almost every year! It's great to have love for a club but this is sport where you play to win and with this set up and after today it is apparent there is no chance of that!

SomethingAboutObua
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Dave Cormarck at Aberdeen seems to be asking questions. I wonder how long until he's chased out? 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/2360303/aberdeen-chief-dave-cormack-keen-to-see-revamp-of-scottish-football/

His ideas include giving the  two Hamilton and St Johnstone guys more of a platform. He'll be welcomed with open arms by the SPFL if he thinks "Give the OF 3 stands and hope benevolent rich Scottish people decide to give the league money" is part of a legitimate business plan. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Personally think FoH should be asking the club to release the Arbitration decision reasoning to its members to digest. 

there’s obviously a reason why we are not doing that. 

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ann Budge is contractually obligated to selling the club to FOH.

FOH however seem in.no hurry to make her fulfil that obligation. We should have been fan owned 3 months ago.

We need a banksy hearts fan who is good with paint to cover and spray hamdump with messages of corruption right around the ground in maroon

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But I’ll be honest, I’m quite disheartened by all of this. If someone said to me they’d give up on Scottish football I genuinely could not blame them. 

I gave up on it in 2012 in truth(I realised that on reflection after I gave away my 2012 cup final ticket). It felt like someone in my life had died. It's mattered less and less to the extent that 8 years on that I tell people that I support West Ham and if they quiz me further I tell them I used to support Hearts but I don't care for Scottish football anymore. Hearts are still deep inside me, I'd probably go to a friendly if they were playing somewhere local to me but I doubt I'll ever be at a competitive match in Scotland again. York Road or the London Stadium for me these days.

13 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I’ll give you a couple of minutes to consider why we cant do that.

OmiyaHearts
9 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I can see the season getting disrupted. Was talking to a ref today, he only needs to have a negative test 7 days before a game. So he gets tested on a Sunday, then works in my office Mon-Fri before the match on Saturday. We have basic distancing measures in work but its hardly full-proof. Who's to say he can't catch anything through the week?

I assumed all officials and players would get tested the day before a game, just to be sure. So I can definitely see issues arising with possible infections after a negative test.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It was for community and charity projects, not testing. I wish he hadn’t bothered giving these ***** a ****ing penny. 
https://www.grampianonline.co.uk/sport/edinburgh-philanthropist-james-andersons-3-million-scottish-football-donation-could-earn-elgin-city-a-much-needed-cash-boost-202605/

https://spfltrust.org.uk/james_anderson_faqs/

Edited by Pasquale for King

pharmaceutical01
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s incredible this can happen in sport and in a tin pot league which ours has become.

You get corruption on a much larger scale in life which can take years to stop,   almost mafia/ government levels of corruption, but it’s ludicrous how Hearts can call on good advice, possibly some of the best, set up a good case/defence and still be rejected because of a bunch of plastic gangsters keeping things “in house”....is there really justice in its proper form out there anymore?  

It’s not in football anyway, not in this country. 

This is where I am at !!! I cannot accept that the law of the land is allowing this to happen.....

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Christ , I've game back on 5 hours later and you're still banging on about the same old shite . 

We get it m8 , it's time to move on . Tomorrow is another day , we move on and rebuild. Not point droning on about the past . If you can't hack it , get another club . 

Whitewash

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I can see the season getting disrupted. Was talking to a ref today, he only needs to have a negative test 7 days before a game. So he gets tested on a Sunday, then works in my office Mon-Fri before the match on Saturday. We have basic distancing measures in work but its hardly full-proof. Who's to say he can't catch anything through the week?

I assumed all officials and players would get tested the day before a game, just to be sure. So I can definitely see issues arising with possible infections after a negative test.

Sending it to England to be tested doesn’t seem to be the most expedient way of doing it either.

ToadKiller Dog
Just now, Jamboelite said:

I’ll give you a couple of minutes to consider why we cant do that.

I get we were asked not to go public ,I get talk of possible compensation is still on going .

But you need to tell me why exactly we cant get to know the reasons why  as im dumb 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure it could be used for testing as long as the community had access to it also 

17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I would be interested to know what JA is thinking having to foot the bill for a failed legal challenge that probably should have been successful. 

I mean, by continuing to support the philanthropic efforts of the SPFL does that not legitimise and add credibility to Doncaster and the other idiots?

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

I get we were asked not to go public ,I get talk of possible compensation is still on going .

But you need to tell me why exactly we cant get to know the reasons why  as im dumb 

Quite a few folk have said this on social media, we lost there is no compensation to be discussed. 

Willie Hamilton genius
6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

This isn't the SPL ref who works for the same legal firm as the one who represented SPFL at our hearing is it?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would be interested to know what JA is thinking having to foot the bill for a failed legal challenge that probably should have been successful. 

I mean, by continuing to support the philanthropic efforts of the SPFL does that not legitimise and add credibility to Doncaster and the other idiots?

I don't remember it being reported that he would foot the bill, only that we'd be OK for the next 5 years. Is that definite?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite a few folk have said this on social media, we lost there is no compensation to be discussed. 

I don't think this is over.

Losing and no compensation, doesn't sit right.  Maybe Hearts statement will shine some light on it.

1 minute ago, Skiba said:

I don't think this is over.

Losing and no compensation, doesn't sit right.  Maybe Hearts statement will shine some light on it.

Can't imagine it will be hugely different to partick thistles and they basically said they've drawn a line in the sand but urged their fans to never forget. 

6 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The discussion around who pays what elements of the costs had still to be concluded.

A focussed approach to the news is better. Start with boycotting weegie rags like DR, stop saying crap like I met the Tache/Dumpster/ Lywell and they’re great guys, stop going to Smeltic, Hibs, Dundee (both clubs),  St Midden and the shite of the Championship, and get behind the club by buying season tickets instead of posting crap about how I always did in past but still waiting etc..,

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

This isn't the SPL ref who works for the same legal firm as the one who represented SPFL at our hearing is it?

Nah, I'm not in the legal profession. Although  as so many on this thread have acted like they do, I don't blame you for assuming that! 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )