SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Thistle statement 

The last four months have been an emotional rollercoaster for all of us who are part of the Partick Thistle family. No one expected a pandemic on the scale that hit the country in March. It’s been difficult at times to feel that football was important in the face of so much loss.

But we could not ignore what was happening. Relegation isn’t just about what league you play in. It’s about everyone who plays for us, the staff who work at the club, our partners and sponsors, volunteers and, most importantly, our fans. With a 144-year history, we had a responsibility to ensure that if there was a chance to overturn an unfair situation, we had to do all we could.

At every turn, we tried our best to get involved positively to ensure that no club would be left worse off as a result of an early end to the season. We tried to find a way through by making our views clear but decently and respectfully. Having exhausted every avenue, when we were presented with the opportunity to join with Hearts to fight this injustice, at no cost to the club, we took it. But it was not to be.

So we draw a line, we have taken the fight to its conclusion. Our sole focus and our energy is now on the season ahead. Our key word for the year ahead is “success” not “survival”. The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship. The fightback has started.

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

The Board, CEO and I are grateful for the unwavering support as we have navigated our way through this crisis. This is now a defining moment in our history, it’s time to stand together and make season 2020/21 a winning one regardless of what the rest of football says or does.

We have every right to be angry. So let’s use that anger as the fuel that drives our campaign in 2020/21. This is now about Thistle, no one else. Our fate and our success once again lies in our own hands and our hands only.

Jacqui Low, Chairman, Partick Thistle FC.

< Back

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

David Black
4 minutes ago, kevins_barnet said:

Gotta laugh at Stuart Wallace talking about the time for change. He’s sat on the board which has overseen the product on the park get progressively worse over the last few years.

I agree , but it is still a very good statement . He can obviously say more than AB can and the part of getting other clubs getting together is certainly the way forward if Scottish football has any chance of progressing. 

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I thoght it was over but now you mention it, I would have expected a rallying call to the support in the closing statement. Strange. 

Might in part be explained by it being a joint statement with Partick. Assuming this is the end of the legal fight, I'd hope for a rallying cry/ looking forward update from Budge to Hearts fans tomorrow.

The FOH statement certainly doesn't suggest the club has any more steps to take. Bit disappointed the FoH statement is so focused outwards on the good of Scottish football and even working with others, rather than on the immediate priority of ensuring a strong Hearts. I understand the point they are making but seems odd for that to be pretty much the entire focus.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Morning Doug. All true Hearts fans are, mate. 

As far as I'm concerned it's Goodnight Vienna. We did what we had to do and did it with dignity, unlike the utterly classless SPFL and the rubber faced wank who is basically a secretary in trousers, mainly Lawwell's.

We use this as motivation to get back up at the first time of asking. 

Anyone who thinks we can take this further are deluded. 

However, others will suffer in due course and I will have the bunting out when they go down the shitter. 

Always The Hearts. Only The Hearts.

:fth:

I'm away to buy bunting now. 

19 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Foundation statement also;

Dear Pledger

Today we all received the decision of the SFA arbitration panel and while the Foundation board is disappointed with the result, we are totally behind the fact that the club, along with Partick Thistle, pursued the issue as far as they could. By standing up to an unworthy and indefensible strategy of causing harm to clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle continued to shine a light on the shortcomings of our governing body and its administrative incompetence and dubious practices. We very much hope that one positive outcome of this affair will be that those in our game with professional integrity (and a demonstrable commitment to a policy that a member organisation exists to support all of its members, particularly in times of crisis) will now stand up and demand the desperately needed improvement to our sport’s administration.

The sad tribalism which this regime’s behaviour has encouraged will have a long-lasting legacy, unfortunately. Speaking as a body representing a considerable community of supporters, we believe that now is the time for new thinking and new strategies to look to a more innovative way forward for our sport, one which is founded on the well-being of the entire football community. Our view is that the current leaders of the game have demonstrated that they are simply not up to that task.  They will for ever be remembered as the overseers of a very, very bleak period for Scottish football, and now is without doubt the time for those with principles to help our failing sport.

We all heard the oft-repeated remarks that a crisis is not a time for change, a position which appeared to be based on pure self-interest.  However, let us give those with that opinion the benefit of the doubt. With the crisis now hopefully abating, let us now look to them to sort out this shambolic organisation which has made our game a laughing stock around the world. Let us look to them to restore some principle and respect to the leadership of Scottish football.

Hearts fans know all about rising to a challenge and bringing about positive change. Let us now hope that others in our wider community have the mettle and the desire to do likewise. The future otherwise is indeed depressing, and while Hearts and Partick Thistle are the current fall-guys, it will be the sport as a whole which ultimately will suffer. As a grassroots organisation, the Foundation of Hearts is ready and willing to join with those who care in seeking a better-led, better-organised future underpinned by integrity and vision. We would ask other fans’ bodies – and indeed club chairmen and other leaders in our sport who currently have the power – to use this moment to think beyond their own clubs, to consider how this current state of affairs has been reached and what its potential consequences may be, and quite simply to demand change.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

What happened to the Hearts and only Hearts they talked about in previous statements?

Work with nobody to sort the set up out, in fact id go as far as saying we should do what we can to fk the game up even further starting with the farce of last seasons Scottish Cup.

1 minute ago, communist said:

Sorry you misunderstand my post.

There was some injustice in the relegation. Wanting reconstruction is fine, wanting it for one season only, smacks of 'we just want a bigger league for one season to save ourself.'  That's where the desperation and self preservation came through, and why it failed I think. 

It should have been permanent reconstruction or nothing imo. It might have got more support too. 

Permanent Reconstruction was the final offer. 

Voted down decisively.

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

You clearly cannot stand people being critical of the situation. If you do not agree with a poster you should have the ability to argue your case without resorting to the levels you do. 

Where have you been the last 4 months?

brunoatemyhamster

I'm out folks. 

Still fail to see how much of this is legal, never mind moral. 

Won't be putting another penny toward any of this. Its absolutely pointless. 

The same uphill struggle year in, year out, on an uneven playing field. Not worth another farthing to participate in this chirade of a competition. 

Thanks for the memories. 

Psychedelicropcircle

The HMFC IOU is awaiting some club in the future. The continuation of a lack of money in the game means a vote will come up sooner or later. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

We lost the case which included the compensation claim.

Sickening. All we can do then is support the club at home, donate and not line the others clubs pockets by going to their grounds.  Whole thing stinks. 
glad we went for it but I hope never to clap eyes on the many involved in this injustice , and never in Tynecastle.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think you misread that bit. 

No I didn’t. He’s implying that crisis is an appropriate time for change. That just didn’t seem to apply For FOH as we were sliding towards the bottom of the league. Maybe because “self-interest“ in that instance = keeping in with Budge and preserving a seat at the table.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Morning Doug. All true Hearts fans are, mate. 

As far as I'm concerned it's Goodnight Vienna. We did what we had to do and did it with dignity, unlike the utterly classless SPFL and the rubber faced wank who is basically a secretary in trousers, mainly Lawwell's.

We use this as motivation to get back up at the first time of asking. 

Anyone who thinks we can take this further is deluded. 

However, others will suffer in due course and I will have the bunting out when they go down the shitter. 

Always The Hearts. Only The Hearts.

:fth:

Exactly jonno. I couldn't have put it better. 

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If you contribute to the FOH, you'll have an email.

I do and I've not had an email

8 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

I'm out folks. 

The same uphill struggle year in, year out, on an uneven playing field. Not worth another farthing to participate in this chirade of a competition. 

Thanks for the memories. 

Dont desert the Hearts, that is what they want.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thistle statement 

The last four months have been an emotional rollercoaster for all of us who are part of the Partick Thistle family. No one expected a pandemic on the scale that hit the country in March. It’s been difficult at times to feel that football was important in the face of so much loss.

But we could not ignore what was happening. Relegation isn’t just about what league you play in. It’s about everyone who plays for us, the staff who work at the club, our partners and sponsors, volunteers and, most importantly, our fans. With a 144-year history, we had a responsibility to ensure that if there was a chance to overturn an unfair situation, we had to do all we could.

At every turn, we tried our best to get involved positively to ensure that no club would be left worse off as a result of an early end to the season. We tried to find a way through by making our views clear but decently and respectfully. Having exhausted every avenue, when we were presented with the opportunity to join with Hearts to fight this injustice, at no cost to the club, we took it. But it was not to be.

So we draw a line, we have taken the fight to its conclusion. Our sole focus and our energy is now on the season ahead. Our key word for the year ahead is “success” not “survival”. The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship. The fightback has started.

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

The Board, CEO and I are grateful for the unwavering support as we have navigated our way through this crisis. This is now a defining moment in our history, it’s time to stand together and make season 2020/21 a winning one regardless of what the rest of football says or does.

We have every right to be angry. So let’s use that anger as the fuel that drives our campaign in 2020/21. This is now about Thistle, no one else. Our fate and our success once again lies in our own hands and our hands only.

< Back

Decent statement compared to ours tbh. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Permanent Reconstruction was the final offer. 

Voted down decisively.

It was, but only after 2 previous attempts led by us to change for one season. Wasn't the final proposition tabled by rangers and included the colts teams? 

No lower league teams really wanted the OF colts. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No I didn’t. He’s implying that crisis is an appropriate time for change. That just didn’t seem to apply For FOH as we were sliding towards the bottom of the league. Maybe because “self-interest“ in that instance = keeping in with Budge and preserving a seat at the table.

The whole purpose of FOH was to bring about change in the way the club is run. I think you are criticising Wallace not FOH...

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Decent statement compared to ours tbh. 

That one is direct from Jacqui Low. The one on our page is from both clubs. I wonder if that means we can expect a personal one from AB at some point? If so, hopefully along similar lines. 

It all stops now. Hearts only from this point forward*. 

*With notable exceptions

Can we not just work with Partick Th to come up with an immediate proposal for reconstruction? Something different 14-12-10-6 or something? 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Thistles statement is much better ffs 

Hearts haven't released one yet. The joint statement is just that - a joint statement.

6 minutes ago, communist said:

Hardly, your war-mongering style may want to insinuate that, but I'm sure despite our differing opinions we will all still continue to pledge, get another St, buy strips and follow the club as per. 

We will come back stronger. 

Agree mate

i should tone things down, I have supported the club for over 40 years and today won’t change that.

i contribute two pledges, I have my season ticket and strip

HHGH

The statement makes me conclude that we are not going to take this any further.

After the Good Friday decision, I came to the conclusion that not only was Scottish football corrupt to the core (for I had known that for years), but that nothing would ever change. At that point, I stopped following Hearts related tweets and stopped looking at kickback. In short, I decided that I could no longer continue to support Scottish football through my love of Hearts.

Gradually, over the weeks that followed, it became clear that we were going to fight and fight we did. Not for the first time, my club made me proud. Sadly, it appears that we are no longer prepared to fight. As a lawyer, I appreciate what the reasons for throwing in the towel will be. Even so, I believe that is fundamentally and completely the wrong decision to reach because it means that the cheats and charlatans controlling the game have won again. Our fight was always about more than Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. It was about the integrity of the game.

This is the last straw for me. I am not just desperately sad, but am more angry than is good for my health.

I went to my first game to see us play Spurs in our Centenary game and for almost 50 years I have believed at the start of every season - this will be our year. It nearly happened in 1986 and I have been privileged to see us lift the Scottish Cup 3 times. I will never forget the feeling of complete elation in 1998. But now I know that I have been to my last game.

It is clear that nothing is going to change and I cannot continue to support the lie that is Scottish football.

I am reminded of the Sir Walter Scott poem about Flodden - "Oh what a tangled web we weave, When at first we practise to deceive." I hope this comes to pass, but I fear it never will.

For me, Scottish football died on Good Friday 2020.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thistle statement 

< Back

Well said Jacqui

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Feck trying to change Scottish football for the better! Budge tried that when she joined the SPFL Board and was thrown off! Likewise she tried to develop a better relationship with Hibs and they shit on her at the first opportunity!!

Its dog eat dog now, hate every other Club and only act in the interests of Hearts! No more nicey nicey banning Hearts fans for giving opposition fans and players a hard time, no more friendly loans, no more welcome to any other Club Chairmen - FECK THEM ALL.

HHGH

Yip, any softening of approach by the club or FOH, will start to split the support.

They will keep that 95% support if they take the attitude you have in above post.

No more nicey nicey.

Edited by Gambo

7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Sounds like we were very confident of winning on the basis of the evidence presented and are absolutely stunned that the panel ruled against us. Maybe Doncaster thought the same hence his "absolutely delighted" comment.

There's nothing about what we might do next so maybe we are taking time to weigh that up with our legal team. There is clearly still a real sense of anger at the injustice but it is hard to see how the wrongs can be righted.

If we were then it must have been based on the advice of our QC and his legal team and he was wrong (as per their rules) on his previous case against the SFA.

It's either that or the SFA have stitched up their rules and articles in such as way that they are above reproach and left the panel with no choice but to deliver the outcome they did.

The no compensation one is the one that I really find hard to understand and of course we will not get a reasonas it is being kept confidential.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Sounds very much like the towel has been thrown.

What now needs to happen is for the whole sorry mess to come out in the media. Mind you, we'd need some decent football journalists for that to happen.

I want someone to clarify how it was that the Dundee vote was valid. That has to be explained. It’s unacceptable not to shed light on that issue.

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, ExPatTam said:

Can we not just work with Partick Th to come up with an immediate proposal for reconstruction? Something different 14-12-10-6 or something? 

I think that ship has sailed...

Dagger Is Back
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thistle statement 

< Back

That's a very very good statement from PT

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If you contribute to the FOH, you'll have an email.

Any Hearts fan not receiving this email but can afford to contribute then now is the time more than ever to contribute to the cause. I'd like to see a huge drive by the foundation to get more subscribers on board. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, trotter said:

That one is direct from Jacqui Low. The one on our page is from both clubs. I wonder if that means we can expect a personal one from AB at some point? If so, hopefully along similar lines. 

*With notable exceptions

Could well be yet to come I think and hope!! 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, JimKongUno said:

The truth is we rolled over time and again on the pitch against shite like St Mirren and Hamilton, we'd have needed at least 2 more games against hibs to stay up and we only had to play them once more in the league

Frustratingly true but there were clubs on worse runs than us including Ross County when time was called on the season. The season was our worst in decades and we could still have gone down quite easily but not to find out properly is frustrating as we have been ultimately robbed of the chance to at least try to escape going down.

colinmaroon
37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What evidence is there that she’s learned from her mistakes?

You never seem to learn from yours!

kingantti1874
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I want someone to clarify how it was that the Dundee vote was valid. That has to be explained. It’s unacceptable not to shed light on that issue.

I don’t think that was ever really valid, even if it was received they had 28 days to change it.

5 minutes ago, communist said:

It was, but only after 2 previous attempts led by us to change for one season. Wasn't the final proposition tabled by rangers and included the colts teams? 

No lower league teams really wanted the OF colts. 

Doncaster said there was an appetite for change and asked clubs to indicate how they would vote on a permanent 14-10-10-10 restructure and  eventually only 16 clubs clubs were in favour.

That was the last offering 2 days before we submitted our petition.

Edited by DETTY29

And the SPFL come up with a bizarre tweet, celebrating Craig Wighton scoring for Dundee. Or is this a spoof (I'm on my phone)?

Rubbing it in?

Edited by 4marsbars

pennyjambo22
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thistle statement 

< Back

Prefer this to the FOH statement 

11 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I can't see this on the foh website or Twitter. Where did you see it

E-mail sent to members.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The whole purpose of FOH was to bring about change in the way the club is run. I think you are criticising Wallace not FOH...

Fair point. I’m criticising the reps not the movement. The amount of money we raise is staggering 

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Sounds like we were very confident of winning on the basis of the evidence presented and are absolutely stunned that the panel ruled against us. Maybe Doncaster thought the same hence his "absolutely delighted" comment.

There's nothing about what we might do next so maybe we are taking time to weigh that up with our legal team. There is clearly still a real sense of anger at the injustice but it is hard to see how the wrongs can be righted.

I think you're spot on with that summary  apart from the fact that I think it's  dead in the water now . 

Positive is that apart from a small percentage of arseholes the fans have now been galvanised behind the  club . Time to push on now , back the club to the hilt and **** the rest of Scottish football. 

The rebuild starts tomorrow .....

I can't help but feel we set our legal challenge too narrow... Other countries have had relegations overturned just due to the circumstances (relegation not being legal without the competition finishing) whereas we set our challenge out focusing in on the legality of the Dundee vote. 

I may be talking rubbish but if our challenge had been set up to focus on the legality of relegation in general in the circumstances, would we have had a better shot/chance to go to CAS? 

South Moroccan Rolla

Thought/hoped the choice of photo for the statement might mean something was still in the works (no idea what) - the Lithuanian flag plus the UEFA/FIFA ones but realistically that's probably just clutching at straws. At most it's probably a minor dig at the corrupt powers that be that Vlad called out. Never been more disillusioned with the absolute shitshow that is Scottish football, but also more enthused than ever in my love of Hearts. They can't kill us so they'll only make us stronger. **** the lot of em.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We've had one big disagreement, that Tbh wasn't even a disagreement just a differing of opinions. 

I get on my own tits sometimes as well, so fair doos. 

:lol:

I don’t have to live with you, right enough.

6 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

I'm out folks. 

Thanks for the memories. 

I don't blame you one bit, many of us feel the same way, this was the last straw, I'm glad we went through the charade of challenging the corruption I think but having lost with them gloating and us having to STFU and take our medicine is too much!

5 minutes ago, trotter said:

*With notable exceptions

I hope the clubs which backed us both publicly and privately are "leaked" so we can make our own call on who gets the Jambo pound...

Far too much secrecy in Scottish football. Secrecy breeds corruption.

Edited by Spellczech

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )