SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

You never seem to learn from yours!

I mean this genuinely Colin - I’m yet to see you call anything right. Never seen anyone back so many wrong horses

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And the SPFL come up with a bizarre tweet, celebrating Craig Wighton scoring for Dundee. Or is this a spoof (I'm on my phone)?

Rubbing it in?

Has he even scored a goal for us? 

Could not be clearer from both statements that it's the end of the road for this quest.

We all just need to have long memories.    

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Agree mate

i should tone things down, I have supported the club for over 40 years and today won’t change that.

i contribute two pledges, I have my season ticket and strip

HHGH

Absolutely, and we will be back soon, we are a fantastic club. We don't all have to get along and we won't always agree. It's all good though. Everyone's emotions are probably a little high after that surprising announcement today. We sometimes go down but we'll aye come back up 👆

Let's just hope the team we assemble on the pitch can show us the fight and desire we expect. 

5 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Can we not just work with Partick Th to come up with an immediate proposal for reconstruction? Something different 14-12-10-6 or something? 

Email Ann mate, I think you’re on to something there. 

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thistle statement 

The last four months have been an emotional rollercoaster for all of us who are part of the Partick Thistle family. No one expected a pandemic on the scale that hit the country in March. It’s been difficult at times to feel that football was important in the face of so much loss.

But we could not ignore what was happening. Relegation isn’t just about what league you play in. It’s about everyone who plays for us, the staff who work at the club, our partners and sponsors, volunteers and, most importantly, our fans. With a 144-year history, we had a responsibility to ensure that if there was a chance to overturn an unfair situation, we had to do all we could.

At every turn, we tried our best to get involved positively to ensure that no club would be left worse off as a result of an early end to the season. We tried to find a way through by making our views clear but decently and respectfully. Having exhausted every avenue, when we were presented with the opportunity to join with Hearts to fight this injustice, at no cost to the club, we took it. But it was not to be.

So we draw a line, we have taken the fight to its conclusion. Our sole focus and our energy is now on the season ahead. Our key word for the year ahead is “success” not “survival”. The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship. The fightback has started.

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

The Board, CEO and I are grateful for the unwavering support as we have navigated our way through this crisis. This is now a defining moment in our history, it’s time to stand together and make season 2020/21 a winning one regardless of what the rest of football says or does.

We have every right to be angry. So let’s use that anger as the fuel that drives our campaign in 2020/21. This is now about Thistle, no one else. Our fate and our success once again lies in our own hands and our hands only.

Jacqui Low, Chairman, Partick Thistle FC.

< Back

we will never forget, that is for sure. 

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thistle statement 

The last four months have been an emotional rollercoaster for all of us who are part of the Partick Thistle family. No one expected a pandemic on the scale that hit the country in March. It’s been difficult at times to feel that football was important in the face of so much loss.

But we could not ignore what was happening. Relegation isn’t just about what league you play in. It’s about everyone who plays for us, the staff who work at the club, our partners and sponsors, volunteers and, most importantly, our fans. With a 144-year history, we had a responsibility to ensure that if there was a chance to overturn an unfair situation, we had to do all we could.

At every turn, we tried our best to get involved positively to ensure that no club would be left worse off as a result of an early end to the season. We tried to find a way through by making our views clear but decently and respectfully. Having exhausted every avenue, when we were presented with the opportunity to join with Hearts to fight this injustice, at no cost to the club, we took it. But it was not to be.

So we draw a line, we have taken the fight to its conclusion. Our sole focus and our energy is now on the season ahead. Our key word for the year ahead is “success” not “survival”. The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship. The fightback has started.

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

The Board, CEO and I are grateful for the unwavering support as we have navigated our way through this crisis. This is now a defining moment in our history, it’s time to stand together and make season 2020/21 a winning one regardless of what the rest of football says or does.

We have every right to be angry. So let’s use that anger as the fuel that drives our campaign in 2020/21. This is now about Thistle, no one else. Our fate and our success once again lies in our own hands and our hands only.

Jacqui Low, Chairman, Partick Thistle FC.

< Back

This is an excellent statement and we should have done something similar.

With all due respect to AB who is probably just feeling dejected at the moment I think this statement from Partick makes our look rather pathetic.

This is our worst defeat in a very very very long time.

The club needs to pick itself up, take the decision on the chin and ensure we don’t ever get dragged into such a shitshow ever again.

ScandinavianJambo
2 minutes ago, South Moroccan Rolla said:

Thought/hoped the choice of photo for the statement might mean something was still in the works (no idea what) - the Lithuanian flag plus the UEFA/FIFA ones but realistically that's probably just clutching at straws. At most it's probably a minor dig at the corrupt powers that be that Vlad called out. Never been more disillusioned with the absolute shitshow that is Scottish football, but also more enthused than ever in my love of Hearts. They can't kill us so they'll only make us stronger. **** the lot of em.

They might try to kill us by throwing us out of the league.. Or issue a massive fine. However that is likely to go to another case of abritation (or court if we are allowed 🙄) .... I **** hate Scottish football 🤮

Just now, DH1986 said:

This is our worst defeat in a very very very long time.

The club needs to pick itself up, take the decision on the chin and ensure we don’t ever get dragged into such a shitshow ever again.

We are still part of Scottish football so we ARE still in the shitshow.

2 minutes ago, communist said:

Absolutely, and we will be back soon, we are a fantastic club. We don't all have to get along and we won't always agree. It's all good though. Everyone's emotions are probably a little high after that surprising announcement today. We sometimes go down but we'll aye come back up 👆

Let's just hope the team we assemble on the pitch can show us the fight and desire we expect. 

A repeat of our last Championship venture would suffice 

willie wallace

One of the biggest news stories in Scottish football and we are not even allowed to know the reasons why we have been kicked out of the league.

In this day and age that is ridiculous and thousands of fans who put a lot of money into Scottish football are treated like dirt.

I hope someone leaks the info quickly.That is what the internet is there for.

Anyway,a request is not the same as an order is it?

joondalupjambo

Joint statement timid and towing the line, PT statement gets closer to the truth as to how the club and I await the AB / Hearts FC statement.  I have a feeling it will go even further that PT's. 

Jambos_1874

Although I did not have much hope for a successful outcome in terms of being reinstated in the Premiership, I thought that there was a good chance we would receive compensation. I can scarcely put into words how shocked and disgusted I am by the outcome of this, but also how the authorities have behaved. It is utterly shameful and I think that Partick's statement summarises it well. My contempt for the SPFL, many of its members and particularly Celtic is now absolute. I hope that they are one day punished somehow for this absolutely disgraceful decision.

brunoatemyhamster
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Dont desert the Hearts, that is what they want.

Nah, it's finished. 

Hearts are as much to blame. 

As soon as Nelms changed that vote, we should have been all over them like a rash. We've been played. 

As much as I appreciate Ann and think we need her, she's been waaaay to concerned about showing us as the nicey nicey, trying to do the right thing club that suits her public image. 

Embarrassing. 

They've run the clock down to get to that big cheque, just as I thought they would, and we've let's it happen.

Enoughs enough. 

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I hope the clubs which backed us both publicly and privately are "leaked" so we can make our own call on who gets the Jambo pound...

Far too much secrecy in Scottish football. Secrecy breeds corruption.

Best to just be Jambo pound.

As we have found out during last 4 months telling porkies is second nature to the SPFL and the vast majority of clubs in one way or another.

None can be trusted.

Edited by DETTY29

Feel incredibly let down by the panel tbh. 

I'm struggling to see the point in continuing to follow Scottish football, its a loaded deck. Even when you're right you're wrong. 

Murdoch McLennan talking about all parties moving on? Okay, drop the SFA charge then? No? So we're not moving on then?

Our statement actually leaves me more disheartened than anything else. 

Safe to say if I can even maintain my interest in this farce going forward I won't be doing a thing to put a penny into the coffers of another club. Cup games, away days. Done. 

Doncasters 'absolutely delighted' comment is pretty disgusting tbh. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Thistle's statement is bang on the money.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is an excellent statement and we should have done something similar.

With all due respect to AB who is probably just feeling dejected at the moment I think this statement from Partick makes our look rather pathetic.

We haven’t actually released a solitary club statement yet, like PT - just a joint one.

I’d imagine a fuller statement will be forthcoming.

The Partick statement is so much better than ours. 

I don't know why?

😐

Edited by neilnunb

1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

One of the biggest news stories in Scottish football and we are not even allowed to know the reasons why we have been kicked out of the league.

In this day and age that is ridiculous and thousands of fans who put a lot of money into Scottish football are treated like dirt.

I hope someone leaks the info quickly.That is what the internet is there for.

Anyway,a request is not the same as an order is it?

Ironic that the people paying the lawyers bills have no more right to know than the rest of us. How can that be right?

Clark Griswold

Never got the FoH email either. Yes I’m a pledger and yes I’ve checked the spam folder 

Just now, MattyK82 said:

We haven’t actually released a solitary club statement yet, like PT - just a joint one.

Fair point.

👍

Just now, neilnunb said:

The Partick statement is do much better than ours. 

I don't know why?

😐

Its because ours is the joint one not the individual one.

Jack Torrance

For those having a dig at Hearts' official statement; I suspect the club's sentiments will have been communicated through the FOH email who are sufficiently detached from the club at this point, to avoid any backlash. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Nah, it's finished. 

As soon as Nelms changed that vote, we should have been all over them like a rash. We've been played. 

As much as I appreciate Ann and think we need her, she's been waaaay to concerned about showing us as the nicey nicey, trying to do the right thing club that suits her public image. 

Embarrassing. 

They've run the clock down to get to that big cheque, just as I thought they would, and we've let's it happen.

Enoughs enough. 

I don't think what happened at the court of session supports that view. 

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Obviously never read it properly. Oh well here's hoping AB will give them as good as PT then.

Edited by wavydavy

Just now, wavydavy said:

Obviously nevr read it properly. Oh well here's hoping AB will give them as good as PT then.

🤞🏼 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Ethics and Doncaster in the same sentence :rofl: 

Uefa too 🙈

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

I don't know why?

😐

Everyone realises both clubs issued exactly the same initial joint statement??

Thistle's is a follow up statement - we havent issued our follow up statement yet

brunoatemyhamster
Just now, davemclaren said:

I don't think what happened at the court of session supports that view. 

Should it have happened sooner? 

Instead of expecting to get justice at the 11th hour? 

Played like a fiddle. 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Joint statement timid and towing the line, PT statement gets closer to the truth as to how the club and I await the AB / Hearts FC statement.  I have a feeling it will go even further that PT's. 

I get the feeling Ann Budge is maybe shellshocked and the statement that was sent out was the only one we'll get.

14 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Thistles statement is much better ffs 

There was a joint statement. "Thistle's statement" is a later fans update. Ann  no doubt issue something similar. 

magicjohnston
23 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I can't see this on the foh website or Twitter. Where did you see it

Just via their email list to pledgers

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

I've had one.

Check your spam folder...

:look:

Mine was in my Junk Folder.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I don't know why?

😐

We haven't issued one yet.

We should tell the spfl to stick the challenge cup up their arse.  By playing in that Partick missed the league game that got them relegated. 

MR INCREDIBLE
2 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Nah, it's finished. 

Embarrassing. 

Enoughs enough. 

You're spot on..... They played her with the crap about leading the reconstruction group..... just playing for time and she fell for it....... totally embarrassing. 

The finding of arbitration should be open, why should it be confidential, unless there is something to hide?

pettigrewsstylist

ahhhhhh peace and quiet. Nice wee lead box for the secrets.

Luvly jubbly ......move along now

Comedy province

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

We should tell the spfl to stick the challenge cup up their arse.  By playing in that Partick missed the league game that got them relegated. 

It was because ICT got through to play Hibs, it had nothing to do with them that game was postponed. As much as we have been wronged here they have an even bigger grievance.

9D47C04A-9A5C-46B1-8412-FEFC4118D3BA.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, H2 said:

The finding of arbitration should be open, why should it be confidential, unless there is something to hide?

It absolutely stinks eh. Still we continue with this lack of transparency and accountability. 

heatonjambo
10 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

The statement makes me conclude that we are not going to take this any further.

After the Good Friday decision, I came to the conclusion that not only was Scottish football corrupt to the core (for I had known that for years), but that nothing would ever change. At that point, I stopped following Hearts related tweets and stopped looking at kickback. In short, I decided that I could no longer continue to support Scottish football through my love of Hearts.

Gradually, over the weeks that followed, it became clear that we were going to fight and fight we did. Not for the first time, my club made me proud. Sadly, it appears that we are no longer prepared to fight. As a lawyer, I appreciate what the reasons for throwing in the towel will be. Even so, I believe that is fundamentally and completely the wrong decision to reach because it means that the cheats and charlatans controlling the game have won again. Our fight was always about more than Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. It was about the integrity of the game.

This is the last straw for me. I am not just desperately sad, but am more angry than is good for my health.

I went to my first game to see us play Spurs in our Centenary game and for almost 50 years I have believed at the start of every season - this will be our year. It nearly happened in 1986 and I have been privileged to see us lift the Scottish Cup 3 times. I will never forget the feeling of complete elation in 1998. But now I know that I have been to my last game.

It is clear that nothing is going to change and I cannot continue to support the lie that is Scottish football.

I am reminded of the Sir Walter Scott poem about Flodden - "Oh what a tangled web we weave, When at first we practise to deceive." I hope this comes to pass, but I fear it never will.

For me, Scottish football died on Good Friday 2020.

A great post that sums my feelings better than I could put down on paper.

im lost between walking away and supporting my daughters fledgling netball career and hoping, through anger and hatred that we shaft a number of clubs because of their actions.

with ADHD I must always curtail my immediate impulse, by i so desperately want individuals like chick young and Richard Gordon and their ilk to fail.

there is nothing more viruses as righteous anger.

and we have his in abundance.

james Anderson.

your donation of Scottish football was a waste unfortunately.

i really, like many on here feel beat

a beer ana sleep beckons 

Time to stop the bickering on here and get right behind the club and never forget what’s been done to us. Let’s use this anger to push us forward for our own ends and make sure that those who sought to damage us are damaged by us over and over again.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Everyone realises both clubs issued exactly the same initial joint statement??

Thistle's is a follow up statement - we havent issued our follow up statement yet

No. Not everyone realises that. Some are too busy thrashing about.

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, H2 said:

Of course they don’t want it in the open...they will move on like the issue never existed.....corrupt as Feck

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )