SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, sprinbox98 said:

Clearly the club have been told to keep he confidentiality line - have the brief statement.

However I can’t stand that Doncaster appears to be able to say more than we are allowed to...whole thing stinks to the core.

Exactly - Doncaster can speak but we cant?? WTF? And we have only been requested not to comment....They can stick that request...

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

What an odd thing for a Hearts fan to say :cornette:

Can people not engage in debate anymore? What part of my post do you disagree with? 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

We agree on most things! 👍

Dunno, likes. Some times you get right on my tits. Maybe it’s just that I remember those more vividly. 

Anyway, that aside. You are spot on here.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, magicjohnston said:

Foundation statement also;

Dear Pledger

Today we all received the decision of the SFA arbitration panel and while the Foundation board is disappointed with the result, we are totally behind the fact that the club, along with Partick Thistle, pursued the issue as far as they could. By standing up to an unworthy and indefensible strategy of causing harm to clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle continued to shine a light on the shortcomings of our governing body and its administrative incompetence and dubious practices. We very much hope that one positive outcome of this affair will be that those in our game with professional integrity (and a demonstrable commitment to a policy that a member organisation exists to support all of its members, particularly in times of crisis) will now stand up and demand the desperately needed improvement to our sport’s administration.

The sad tribalism which this regime’s behaviour has encouraged will have a long-lasting legacy, unfortunately. Speaking as a body representing a considerable community of supporters, we believe that now is the time for new thinking and new strategies to look to a more innovative way forward for our sport, one which is founded on the well-being of the entire football community. Our view is that the current leaders of the game have demonstrated that they are simply not up to that task.  They will for ever be remembered as the overseers of a very, very bleak period for Scottish football, and now is without doubt the time for those with principles to help our failing sport.

We all heard the oft-repeated remarks that a crisis is not a time for change, a position which appeared to be based on pure self-interest.  However, let us give those with that opinion the benefit of the doubt. With the crisis now hopefully abating, let us now look to them to sort out this shambolic organisation which has made our game a laughing stock around the world. Let us look to them to restore some principle and respect to the leadership of Scottish football.

Hearts fans know all about rising to a challenge and bringing about positive change. Let us now hope that others in our wider community have the mettle and the desire to do likewise. The future otherwise is indeed depressing, and while Hearts and Partick Thistle are the current fall-guys, it will be the sport as a whole which ultimately will suffer. As a grassroots organisation, the Foundation of Hearts is ready and willing to join with those who care in seeking a better-led, better-organised future underpinned by integrity and vision. We would ask other fans’ bodies – and indeed club chairmen and other leaders in our sport who currently have the power – to use this moment to think beyond their own clubs, to consider how this current state of affairs has been reached and what its potential consequences may be, and quite simply to demand change.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

The irony of “crisis is not the time for change” criticism coming from FOH.

Mind you, I’ll be increasing my pledge because we need the money.

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

Something is brewing.... 

very much doubt it..

what should be brewing is Neilson & JJ sorting out that squad, hopefully with some backing.

Time for the the nice Ms Budge & Mr Anderson to turn nasty 

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

Genuinely don't have a clue. I was kind of expecting a "Thanks to all our fans for your support, we move on now and build towards next season" type statement. and that was nowt like that. There is no finality attached to that statement IMO. My gut feeling is that this aint over yet, although where it goes now, I have no idea...

Yeah, statement didn’t reveal much. Hopefully there’ll be more from the club fairly soon. 

Gimme an H...

Dissapointed in our statement. Wanted a bit of anger. Reads as though we've just been bent over a table and spanked and there's nothing we can do about it. 

OmiyaHearts
3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Genuinely don't have a clue. I was kind of expecting a "Thanks to all our fans for your support, we move on now and build towards next season" type statement. and that was nowt like that. There is no finality attached to that statement IMO. My gut feeling is that this aint over yet, although where it goes now, I have no idea...

I thoght it was over but now you mention it, I would have expected a rallying call to the support in the closing statement. Strange. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What evidence is there that she’s learned from her mistakes?

She got rid of CL. 

Did You miss removing CL as dof, getting stendel in, then not renewing cl's contract amongst others then Robbie being announced manager? 

Ffs, she has changed things. 

She'll move on soon enough, I just hope someone else wants the gig that can be trusted. 

“As all Parties have been requested not to comment on the tribunal’s decision or reveal details of the hearings on the grounds of confidentiality"

Where it says "requested" does it mean we can't as we'd be under threat of legal action if we did ?

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They have to issue a written verdict, surely. A real piss take if they don’t

They wont hence the lack of substance in the joint Statement. They have obviously all had to agree to say nothing otherwise there will be another charge on th e way from the SFA.

FOH statement effectively confirms that the fight is over. 

"we are totally behind the fact that the club, along with Partick Thistle, pursued the issue as far as they could."

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

Dissapointed in our statement. Wanted a bit of anger. Reads as though we've just been bent over a table and spanked and there's nothing we can do about it. 

They have done that via the FOH statement.

kevins_barnet
2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

View this email in your browser

FOUNDATION OF HEARTS

Dear Pledger

Today we all received the decision of the SFA arbitration panel and while the Foundation board is disappointed with the result, we are totally behind the fact that the club, along with Partick Thistle, pursued the issue as far as they could. By standing up to an unworthy and indefensible strategy of causing harm to clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle continued to shine a light on the shortcomings of our governing body and its administrative incompetence and dubious practices. We very much hope that one positive outcome of this affair will be that those in our game with professional integrity (and a demonstrable commitment to a policy that a member organisation exists to support all of its members, particularly in times of crisis) will now stand up and demand the desperately needed improvement to our sport’s administration.

The sad tribalism which this regime’s behaviour has encouraged will have a long-lasting legacy, unfortunately. Speaking as a body representing a considerable community of supporters, we believe that now is the time for new thinking and new strategies to look to a more innovative way forward for our sport, one which is founded on the well-being of the entire football community. Our view is that the current leaders of the game have demonstrated that they are simply not up to that task.  They will for ever be remembered as the overseers of a very, very bleak period for Scottish football, and now is without doubt the time for those with principles to help our failing sport.

We all heard the oft-repeated remarks that a crisis is not a time for change, a position which appeared to be based on pure self-interest.  However, let us give those with that opinion the benefit of the doubt. With the crisis now hopefully abating, let us now look to them to sort out this shambolic organisation which has made our game a laughing stock around the world. Let us look to them to restore some principle and respect to the leadership of Scottish football.

Hearts fans know all about rising to a challenge and bringing about positive change. Let us now hope that others in our wider community have the mettle and the desire to do likewise. The future otherwise is indeed depressing, and while Hearts and Partick Thistle are the current fall-guys, it will be the sport as a whole which ultimately will suffer. As a grassroots organisation, the Foundation of Hearts is ready and willing to join with those who care in seeking a better-led, better-organised future underpinned by integrity and vision. We would ask other fans’ bodies – and indeed club chairmen and other leaders in our sport who currently have the power – to use this moment to think beyond their own clubs, to consider how this current state of affairs has been reached and what its potential consequences may be, and quite simply to demand change.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace

Copyright © 2020 Foundation of Hearts. All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Foundation of Hearts Limited, c/o Heart of Midlothian Football Club,
Tynecastle Park, Gorgie Road, EDINBURGH EH11 2NL

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Gotta laugh at Stuart Wallace talking about the time for change. He’s sat on the board which has overseen the product on the park get progressively worse over the last few years.

6 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

So nobody gets to know why the panal reached its decision ? Am I correct .

That reeks 

Correct. This was explained at the start. Hearts wanted the process to be public but needed the other side to agree to it for it to happen as far as I understand. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, statement didn’t reveal much. Hopefully there’ll be more from the club fairly soon. 

I'd imagine we'll get another statement from the club in the coming days but it will be about moving forward. 

As pissed off as I am about this whole debacle it's time to move on and do our talking on the pitch. 

October can't come quickly enough. 

Sounds like we were very confident of winning on the basis of the evidence presented and are absolutely stunned that the panel ruled against us. Maybe Doncaster thought the same hence his "absolutely delighted" comment.

There's nothing about what we might do next so maybe we are taking time to weigh that up with our legal team. There is clearly still a real sense of anger at the injustice but it is hard to see how the wrongs can be righted.

52 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I would like her statement to make absolutely everyone aware that she is disgusted by his comments.

1) A man who is paid more than xxx of the lower league clubs receive from the SPFL.

2)A man who has the most ridiculous haircut I have ever seen.

3)However in the interests of reconciliation I would like to invite him to Tynecastle when supporters are allowed to return, when I will offer his arse to be kicked up and down McLeod Street by any supporter who wishes to partake."

1 :verymad:

2 :lol:

3 :rofl: - join the ever-lengthening queue.

Thank you, TFR, for giving me one reason to chuckle over the last 5 hours.

1 minute ago, leipzig76 said:

“As all Parties have been requested not to comment on the tribunal’s decision or reveal details of the hearings on the grounds of confidentiality"

Where it says "requested" does it mean we can't as we'd be under threat of legal action if we did ?

We will be bound by the articles of the SFA etc and if we breach them we will face yet another charge from the compliance officer.

David Black
4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Fans solidarity quickly flying out the window.

place stinks with the usual shit stirring posters crawling from under their piss stained blankets

You clearly cannot stand people being critical of the situation. If you do not agree with a poster you should have the ability to argue your case without resorting to the levels you do. 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They wont hence the lack of substance in the joint Statement. They have obviously all had to agree to say nothing otherwise there will be another charge on th e way from the SFA.

If we agree to keep it confidential then the SFA will not persue us on the existing charge.

Ive said all along the SPFL played their trump card with the SFA intervention and it certainly looks like that.

Edited by Italian Lambretta

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There was hope, but it's a fine line. 

No need to apologise either, you're always polite and engage in debate. 

Some other posters not so much. 

Not sure that has been said about me for about 15 years LOL

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shite statement. 

I'd say it is a careful statement - there may or may not be a reason for that other than the confidentiality provisions

I've given up guessing - but why take 4 hours or whatever to come up with such a short statement? But its not shite - if you are bound by confidentiality you are bound by confidentiality.

You cant "appeal" an arbitration per se so there would not be a battle cry (publicly) about this and we'd be advised not to

What is interesting is that there was no comment about looking forward to the start of the season in October, and hoping fans rally round for the Championship season. It is a curt statement and being "surprised" about the decision hints at a sniff of something

I don't know, where's the gin bottle??

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, kevins_barnet said:

Gotta laugh at Stuart Wallace talking about the time for change. He’s sat on the board which has overseen the product on the park get progressively worse over the last few years.

Agreed.

It can’t have escaped anyone’s notice that we’ve had statement after statement from FOH re: relegation by the SPFL but next to nothing for years about the management of our club. But I guess it’s easier to dig people out when there are no consequences.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Dunno, likes. Some times you get right on my tits. Maybe it’s just that I remember those more vividly. 

Anyway, that aside. You are spot on here.

We've had one big disagreement, that Tbh wasn't even a disagreement just a differing of opinions. 

I get on my own tits sometimes as well, so fair doos. 

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I thoght it was over but now you mention it, I would have expected a rallying call to the support in the closing statement. Strange. 

Rallying call will come from Budge separately. The statement issued was a joint statement in behalf of both clubs. 

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

No sane person is arguing about the unfairness which, as you say, is a separate issue.

But to say we’ve had our own issues is a major understatement imo - and I’m not an anti-Budge person.

You support the club. Or you don't. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, communist said:

Can people not engage in debate anymore? What part of my post do you disagree with? 

That we just should have rolled over and excepted being demoted with 24 points still up for grabs when reconstruction would have harmed no one. Does that smack of desperation, maybe in your eyes it does? 

Just now, wavydavy said:

We will be bound by the articles of the SFA etc and if we breach them we will face yet another charge from the compliance officer.

Cheers Davy !

8 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Foundation statement also;

Dear Pledger

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace

I can't see this on the foh website or Twitter. Where did you see it

8 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Fans solidarity quickly flying out the window.

place stinks with the usual shit stirring posters crawling from under their piss stained blankets

Hardly, your war-mongering style may want to insinuate that, but I'm sure despite our differing opinions we will all still continue to pledge, get another St, buy strips and follow the club as per. 

We will come back stronger. 

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, kevins_barnet said:

He, the FoH representatives, don't seem to have voiced any concerns re the much vaunted 5 yr plan and the gradual degradation of the 1st team especially.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The irony of “crisis is not the time for change” criticism coming from FOH.

Mind you, I’ll be increasing my pledge because we need the money.

I think you misread that bit. 

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

View this email in your browser

FOUNDATION OF HEARTS

Dear Pledger

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace

Copyright © 2020 Foundation of Hearts. All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Foundation of Hearts Limited, c/o Heart of Midlothian Football Club,
Tynecastle Park, Gorgie Road, EDINBURGH EH11 2NL

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Feck trying to change Scottish football for the better! Budge tried that when she joined the SPFL Board and was thrown off! Likewise she tried to develop a better relationship with Hibs and they shit on her at the first opportunity!!

Its dog eat dog now, hate every other Club and only act in the interests of Hearts! No more nicey nicey banning Hearts fans for giving opposition fans and players a hard time, no more friendly loans, no more welcome to any other Club Chairmen - FECK THEM ALL.

HHGH

3 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

I don’t get that either ? 
also is there no compensation either ?

Chuck Berry

Sounds very much like the towel has been thrown.

What now needs to happen is for the whole sorry mess to come out in the media. Mind you, we'd need some decent football journalists for that to happen.

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If we agree to keep it confidential then the SFA will not persue us on the existing charge.

Ive said all along the SPFL played their trump card with the SFA intervention and it certainly looks like that.

They will pursue on the existing charge but if we behave ourselves in their eyes they might just give us the minimum penalty.

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Probably an email 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Sent by email to FOH Members

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Morning Doug. All true Hearts fans are, mate. 

As far as I'm concerned it's Goodnight Vienna. We did what we had to do and did it with dignity, unlike the utterly classless SPFL and the rubber faced wank who is basically a secretary in trousers, mainly Lawwell's.

We use this as motivation to get back up at the first time of asking. 

Anyone who thinks we can take this further is deluded. 

However, others will suffer in due course and I will have the bunting out when they go down the shitter. 

Always The Hearts. Only The Hearts.

:fth:

Well said. 

Move on. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Feck trying to change Scottish football for the better! Budge tried that when she joined the SPFL Board and was thrown off! Likewise she tried to develop a better relationship with Hibs and they shit on her at the first opportunity!!

Its dog eat dog now, hate every other Club and only act in the interests of Hearts! No more nicey nicey banning Hearts fans for giving opposition fans and players a hard time, no more friendly loans, no more welcome to any other Club Chairmen - FECK THEM ALL.

HHGH

But truth  to this. 

Eyes have been opened I think 

heatonjambo
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

HHGH

I get the feeling that statement was written over the weekend also

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That we just should have rolled over and excepted being demoted with 24 points still up for grabs when reconstruction would have harmed no one. Does that smack of desperation, maybe in your eyes it does? 

Sorry you misunderstand my post.

There was some injustice in the relegation. Wanting reconstruction is fine, wanting it for one season only, smacks of 'we just want a bigger league for one season to save ourself.'  That's where the desperation and self preservation came through, and why it failed I think. 

It should have been permanent reconstruction or nothing imo. It might have got more support too. 

18Jambo_dave74

"As a grassroots organisation, the Foundation of Hearts is ready and willing to join with those who care in seeking a better-led, better-organised future underpinned by integrity and vision". 

I''m sorry but this needs to stop. We do not "join" anyone for anything. Our sole consideration should be Hearts and nobody else. What is for the best for Scottish football no longer means a thing to me. Improving co-efficients, colts, reconstruction etc etc means not a thing anymore unless it is solely to our advantage. 

Helping Motherwell with their fan ownership stops. 

#Respecttherivalry stops. Showing clubs round our facilities stops. 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The truth is we rolled over time and again on the pitch against shite like St Mirren and Hamilton, we'd have needed at least 2 more games against hibs to stay up and we only had to play them once more in the league

OmiyaHearts
4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

If you contribute to the FOH, you'll have an email.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

We lost the case which included the compensation claim.

And will probably have to pay their costs!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )