SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Great statement from Ann.  

It’s been a surreal few months, but now the financial reality hits us.  I beg of the anti-Budge fraternity to now put your energy into the collective push to get us back, rather than continuing to criticise how we got here. Forget Levein, forget decisions that were made, forget whether Stendel would or wouldn’t have succeeded and focus on the fact that she has done everything in her power to fight for us and protect its name since Good Friday.  Give Robbie a clean slate as well while you’re at it.  We’ve got enough haters out there without our own muscling in. 

Upwards and onwards again - we know the drill.  

100% this, time to push in the same direction, all of us 💪

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

The likes of Dundee will be expecting our boycott to be all steam - can you imagine that prick Nelms's face when he sells no away tickets?

I can hear these clubs moaning about that 'not being fair', 'not acting in good faith' already

The boycott needs to happen and the club need to actively support it

The club have purposely chosen that quote from Ann to share on the socials. I have a feeling something may be brewing. 

9 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

It could have been open to all if both agreed. Someone didn't. As I say. We have a right to know who and why. There is nothing stopping. them telling us why we know nothing about what happened.  

This is almost worse than losing the case, I'm sure there were lots of corrupt things exposed that may or may not have been illegal, of course this is why the SPFL did not agree to anything being public! My sense now is most Scottish football fans other than the 3 clubs affected couldn't  care less, I'm alright Jack!

Kidd’s Boots

We've had our day, and our statement and now we move on to our season in the Championship. I would give my right arm to hear Robbie's first team talk of the first day of the season, and if any of the current squad have any doubts about how much more Season 20/21 means to the supporters and the club after experiencing the last 4 months, then they should tear up their contract right now. 

Scottish football has been shown up to the corrupt mess we all suspected it was before this.

Great statement from Anne Budge, very proud of my club. Its Hearts and Hearts only from now on.

Borders Jambo
18 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Great statement from Ann Budge. 

Agreed.  We need to move on but never forget this.

colinmaroon

Time to move on but not to forget!

ONLY Hearts!!!

As I've said before, as a football lover and Hearts supporter for almost 70 years, I am sickened by the ethical and moral bankruptcy which is endemic in Scottish football.  I am finished with any football other than Hearts.  My cancelled Sky and BT Sport stays cancelled, can't even be bothered with Match of the Day and, as for BBC Scotland, they can put their laughingly called "Sports"-sound where the sun don't shine.

Just to put this in context, my wife doesn't believe it, such was my passion for the game.

heartsfc_fan
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The club have purposely chosen that quote from Ann to share on the socials. I have a feeling something may be brewing. 

CAS maybe?

14 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Good that she called out Doncaster on his wankfest of a statement....horrible creepy looking bassa that he is. 

I feel vindicated in a way, in that I believed she would make a reference to Doncaster's statement, which rightly annoyed a whole lot of us.  Shameful is exactly what this whole episode has been.

Independence
3 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

Scottish football has been shown up to the corrupt mess we all suspected it was before this.

Great statement from Anne Budge, very proud of my club. Its Hearts and Hearts only from now on.

So VERY PROUD! Thanks Anne and all true supporters of HMFC who supported the club through this period. History will show how corrupt the SPFL has been!

Edited by Independence

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

He can GTF! He's like the protester at the back of a crowd pushing others forward to take the blows. The mans a snake and a coward

Instead of sitting there spouting pish, why not put forward a proposal to work with?

Bit late, Cormack. You’re on your own now. 

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

CAS maybe?

The club have purposely quoted that line. I am

assuming it’s for a reason. What would the war be? I feel like this isn’t over. 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Doncaster's head and working to get all the evidence made public?  Or the key elements by goading the SPFL into' we know what are you hiding'

Just now, busby1985 said:

Glad it’s not just me. Couldn’t work it out 

gashauskis9
Just now, busby1985 said:

I wouldn’t get excited.  Winning the war means winning on the pitch.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

CAS maybe?

Don't be silly. We couldn't possibly pursue compensation elsewhere. We must be thick as shit.

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

I’m assuming that Ann is on her way to Hampden now in her apache gunship.

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

This.

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I would much rather leave them is a state of awe of how vocal we are in support of our team win, lose or draw.

We can do both 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

CAS maybe?

FFS guys, it is over. She has said it is time to move on and get ready for next season in the Championship.

Stendelnator

Fans on here: CANT LET THIS GO MUST KEEP FIGHTING TAKE IT TO CAS IN SWITZERLAND

Fans in one month: CORRUPT SWISS *******S WE MUST KEEP FIGHTING

Sometimes it’s healthier to let it go

Independence
Just now, Homme said:

Delighted with the club how they fought this. 

Now let's destroy the championship. 

...as Queen Anns says...win the 'war'. We can, with the strength of our wonderful, loyal fans!

Apparently, as a matter of company law, it is not "unfairly prejudicial" for competitor businesses to vote in such a way as to reduce your income by 50%. Well, that comes as news to me. Fortunately, legal precedents cannot be set by arbitration panels, so the whole of company law has not been rewritten - except in so far as it relates to Scottish football.

Everyone and their granny knows that if Celtic (or Sevco) had been 4 points behind the other with 8 games to go, the season would not have been called in a month of Sundays. In England, Aston Villa were 4 points away from safety with only 4 games to go - and survived. Man Utd were 7 points behind Leicester with 8 games to go and finished 4 points ahead of them. Werder Bremen were 4 points adrift with 8 games to go - and survived. The bottom 5 teams in the English Championship with 9 games to go all survived. Last season in Scotland, St Mirren were 4 points adrift with 8 games to go - and survived. Of the 42 teams in Scotland who voted to call the season, 23 if them had something to gain by voting to end the season.

But Hearts "were rubbish all season" and "deserved" to go down. Partick Thistle were 2 points adrift with a game in hand against a team they had already beaten home and away, but they also "deserved" to go down. Raith Rovers were awarded the League One title and promoted in spite of being only 1 point ahead of Falkirk, who had a vastly superior goal difference and were due to host Raith Rovers on the last day of the season.

I entirely accept that I am bitter about this and can hardly pretend that I don't view things through maroon tinted glasses. However, this was never just about Hearts for me. It was always about sporting integrity. There were no rules to cover the possibility of the season not being completed. There were 2 simple and fair solutions - finish the season or have no relegation. If the season had been completed and we were relegated, that would have been fine by me. Instead of one of those options, they simply picked on 3 clubs who happened to have been bottom after 3/4 of the season.

The decision to expel Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer was corrupt and I will never be persuaded otherwise. We have announced that we will not be taking this any further. As a result, I have already watched my last ever game of Scottish football.

GorgieRules22

Neil Doncaster not got an email we can send him a couple of messages to let him know how we feel ?

Edited by GorgieRules22

Honesty, transparency and integrity - that makes me proud to be a supporter of this fine club. Decent, ethical values.

How naive of me to even consider that some sort of fairness might have prevailed over this whole sorry saga.

Good statement from Budge and I’m proud of the club for fighting this injustice as far as they could. However I ****ing hate Scottish football and outside of Hearts, I’m done with it. Only Hearts.

Great statement. Has the next notice of complaint been served yet? I knew what the outcome would be but hoped I was wrong. If anything I am even more livid now, the more I think about it. If it wasn't for Hearts and Anne Budge in particular would Scottish Football have received James Andersons millions - doubt it. We have been royally shafted. I just hope Partick's first home game is at home against Dundee and we are away. I will go to Firhill along with my two boys, the three of us proudly wearing maroon & white. (will go no matter who it's against!).

ToadKiller Dog
8 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I took as saying we will always continue to argue and fight for change to the corrupt nature in which the Scottish game is run.

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

FFS guys, it is over. She has said it is time to move on and get ready for next season in the Championship.

I found that last line in the statement intriguing, that’s all. It’s been purposely picked out, not the bit were Ann says we will win the championship at the first attempt and get back to we’re we belong. She may well have been referring to winning on the pitch, I just found what she said interesting.  

south morroccan
7 minutes ago, hunts said:

We’re no going to waste any more money on this.  She means war on the pitch and getting back to the premier.

Or has the submarine sailed from Murmansk?

Scunnered.

Hopefully the second spike comes with 10 games to go and Rangers top the league by 2 points and Dundee Utd bottom by 2. 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Next fight is the arbitration charge on 6th August provisional

By fight to you mean accept the minimal fine they'll hand us?

The whole thing has been exhausting, and that's only for me looking in from the sidelines. I can't imagine how it has been for Ann and the rest of the folk directly involved in this. The levels of disappointment and anger they must be feeling will be astronomical. And at a time when stress is already high enough with the coronavirus crisis.

As others have said, I will never forget the "I'm alright, Jack" attitude shown by so many clubs and their representatives in Scotland towards the situation of we three clubs. I can simply hope that karma will come back to bite them. Bar-fecking-stewards, the lot of them.

Benny Factor

I have a feeling that James Anderson's initial donation was a carrot being dangled for clubs to do the right thing and that there would be more to come if they did.

I would like to think that any thoughts of donating any more money are now gone.

1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Scunnered.

Hopefully the second spike comes with 10 games to go and Rangers top the league by 2 points and Dundee Utd bottom by 2. 

Ha ha and Celtic with 2  games in hand.

John Findlay

The statement from Ann Budge was spot on. Called many for the cowards and two faced snakes that they are.

Called the SPFL board, and Neil Doncaster shameful for the gleeful, gloating statement that they issued.

I dont think the lady is finished. I firmly believe she is just starting, especially where Doncaster is concerned.

Today it was announced that the cheats and liars won the battle. Let's see if those same charlatans and spivs win the war.

Heart of Midlothian for now and evermore. WE SHALL, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED......................

Disappointed with the outcome of course but I’m just glad that it’s over so we can focus on football again.

This has been torture from start to finish.

Dagger Is Back
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Instead of sitting there spouting pish, why not put forward a proposal to work with?

Bit late, Cormack. You’re on your own now. 

Spot on. So bloody easy to put your head above the parapet when the enemy have fired all their bullets

He must think we button up the back if he thinks we’ll buy his bullshit 

Class of 75
38 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

That’s a good statement from Budge. 

Agree mate. Just read it and very measured and pointing the figure without being too emotional. Final sentence for me is telling, may have lost the battle but not the war. 

9 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

whats the bet shes haulled up on a charge for that statement by the gangsters at Hampden 

That was my first thought, although after reading again, the worst whe has accused the SPFL of is a disrespectful statement

This will make us stronger.

We will look back on this somewhere down the line. We will even laugh about the injustice of it. 

It has now happened and officially in the past.

Will the "establishment" now go even further and follow up 9n the SFA threat? Will an order for costs be made against us?  In a way, I hope so.  We have established the battle lines.  AB has described the behaviour against us as shameful.

We will take a backward step to no one.  They can hate Hearts and the FoH and the living wage as much as they like.  They can hate the investment in the new stand and the new pitch.  They can hate us being a model club supporting the vulnerable in our local community.

We are going nowhere.  We are the Hearts and we have very long memories.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The whole thing has been exhausting, and that's only for me looking in from the sidelines. I can't imagine how it has been for Ann and the rest of the folk directly involved in this. The levels of disappointment and anger they must be feeling will be astronomical. And at a time when stress is already high enough with the coronavirus crisis.

Really good point. Would be good if we can let her know that we appreciate her efforts on our behalf. Is there an email address?

north wales jambo

Good statement from Ann, though I live miles away I’ve got a sense of camaraderie, with fans who now have that siege mentality, hearts and only hearts now. 

Sincerely hope in future, some others clubs have a gripe/dispute with spfl, something that we might even agree on, but show them no support.. 

Lets make Tynecastle hostile, make sure walk up prices are fare and lets sell it out.. 1 section for away teams. 

Hearts fans you’ve stood up financially, now lets make some noise and NEVER FORGET 🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇱🇻

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )