SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Wasn’t an attack at you mate, just an observation. 

Email is notoriously fickle. Check that the correct email address is set up on your account. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Email is notoriously fickle. Check that the correct email address is set up on your account. 

It is. I work in IT so know the things to check. I’m obviously not on their dist list. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Morning Doug. All true Hearts fans are, mate. 

As far as I'm concerned it's Goodnight Vienna. We did what we had to do and did it with dignity, unlike the utterly classless SPFL and the rubber faced wank who is basically a secretary in trousers, mainly Lawwell's.

We use this as motivation to get back up at the first time of asking. 

Anyone who thinks we can take this further is deluded. 

However, others will suffer in due course and I will have the bunting out when they go down the shitter. 

Always The Hearts. Only The Hearts.

:fth:

Well said jonno. 

Ainsley Harriott

The fact the authorities insisted on this arbitration being held behind closed and seem to us sworn to secrecy tells you everything you need to know.

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

What’s the betting we skoosh the championship and there’s no promotion?
2020 can just **** off

That would be the icing on the cake for Celtic and Hibs fans!

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Thistle statement 

The last four months have been an emotional rollercoaster for all of us who are part of the Partick Thistle family. No one expected a pandemic on the scale that hit the country in March. It’s been difficult at times to feel that football was important in the face of so much loss.

But we could not ignore what was happening. Relegation isn’t just about what league you play in. It’s about everyone who plays for us, the staff who work at the club, our partners and sponsors, volunteers and, most importantly, our fans. With a 144-year history, we had a responsibility to ensure that if there was a chance to overturn an unfair situation, we had to do all we could.

At every turn, we tried our best to get involved positively to ensure that no club would be left worse off as a result of an early end to the season. We tried to find a way through by making our views clear but decently and respectfully. Having exhausted every avenue, when we were presented with the opportunity to join with Hearts to fight this injustice, at no cost to the club, we took it. But it was not to be.

So we draw a line, we have taken the fight to its conclusion. Our sole focus and our energy is now on the season ahead. Our key word for the year ahead is “success” not “survival”. The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship. The fightback has started.

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

The Board, CEO and I are grateful for the unwavering support as we have navigated our way through this crisis. This is now a defining moment in our history, it’s time to stand together and make season 2020/21 a winning one regardless of what the rest of football says or does.

We have every right to be angry. So let’s use that anger as the fuel that drives our campaign in 2020/21. This is now about Thistle, no one else. Our fate and our success once again lies in our own hands and our hands only.

Jacqui Low, Chairman, Partick Thistle FC.

< Back

Spot on from their chairman.

14 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Wasn’t an attack at you mate, just an observation. 

Sorry, wasn't particularly aimed at you. There was about half a dozen posts all saying the same and it just got to me man, I flipped. 😡🥴

manaliveits105

and another thing Donkey - why do you feel vindicated and absolutely delighted - I thought it was a members club and you are just a servant - so feck aff back downstairs 

Zico's left foot

Haven't had time to read all of today's posts but do we have any idea what happened to the bit of corporate law that says shareholders can't vote for something that's financially detrimental to fellow shareholders? 

Good statement from Thistle.  Would be surprised if we don't have more to say at some point.  Well done to the club for trying to do the right thing though. 

What an embarrassing farce this has been.  Both shameful and shameless throughout. 

Well, this is all thoroughly depressing.

It was horribly predictable that this would happen when we were forced into SFA arbitration, even though I tried to convince myself otherwise. Like AB, I hoped that maybe we might get a slightly fairer outcome at the end of the day. But since when did Hearts ever get a fair crack of the whip from the Scottish football authorities? In 30-odd years supporting the club, the only time I can ever recall us not being on the rough end of a decision was when Craig Levein refused to pay his escalating SFA fine. And even that was more of a draw than a win, as he still paid the original fine.

Once the SFA had brought the whole

process safely in-house and under a blanket of secrecy, in retrospect we were always going to be told we had no case and to eat our cereal. And now we can doubtless expect to be shafted further for our refusal just to submit to whatever shabby treatment the authorities chose to mete out.

I’m feeling numb, just as I did during the Rangers fiasco when it looked as if they would be reinserted into the SPL. If that had happened then I said I was done with Scottish football. Now that our demotion with 8 games to play has been found to be perfectly in order, complete with gloating from Doncaster, I’m feeling much the same.

I've had to come off social media before I lose it. I cannot believe we are in a position to be laughed at by a team like Dundee Utd. 

Disgraceful stuff from not only the SFA but also Hearts. From top to bottom disgraceful how we let ourselves slip to the bottom of a league with the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton.

Clark Griswold
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sorry, wasn't particularly aimed at you. There was about half a dozen posts all saying the same and it just got to me man, I flipped. 😡🥴

No worries dude, we’re all as raging as each other, don’t let the ****s at the SPFL get to you. I know, easier said than done.

Horatio Caine
18 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

It is. I work in IT so know the things to check. I’m obviously not on their dist list. 

I've not got the email either.  (Could it be they're sending it out in batches?)

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Seen this in Twitter.

I agree.aviary-image-1595872605846.jpeg.786cba523a99e704fb7d73f5b41eed3d.jpeg

Very favourable outcome for the Hearts board that. 

If we hadn't found ourselves in 12th, we wouldn't have been in the position to get demoted in the first place. 

Yep, we should never have been demoted under these circumstances but if we were 5 points better of (we should have been about 40pts better of tbf) we would never have found ourselves in that position. 

That's the truth. 

pennyjambo22
49 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It really really isn't bang on the money. It's wide of the mark. It's a sclaff that didn't even make it out to the goals.

We haven't yet made a statement, other than as part of the JOINT STATEMENT. WITH PARTICK.

The Internet, man!

Wide of the mark🤔 joint statement poor, FOH statement waffle, PT statement better than both with their fans in mind🤔

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I've not got the email either.  (Could it be they're sending it out in batches?)

No email for me yet 

John mcCartney
50 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

My neighbour is a Tranmere fan

its resprical  my friend  

`reciprocal` chief,you avin a few are ya

just found out,gutted.those *******s want shot.....sickens me to the core about the power of the weedgie establishment.

Horribly disappointed at the outcome but not surprised. The legalistic manoeuvring of the SPFL was always set up for this. Others are laughing at us so the best thing to do is support the team via season tickets, FoH etc. Let’s show them.

4 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

No email for me yet 

Got mine at 17.12 so they’re obviously being sent out 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

manaliveits105

Looking forward to football against different teams in the Championship strangely but will miss the ritual humiliation of the vermin for a year - its no wonder they are delighted it must be like a hoor getting time off 

heatonjambo
3 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

`reciprocal` chief,you avin a few are ya

just found out,gutted.those *******s want shot.....sickens me to the core about the power of the weedgie establishment.

Correct I am 😀

Seymour M Hersh
36 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You hit the nail on the head - IF THE PARTIES AGREE.

If the parties had agreed this case could have gone to court

If parties agree you can decide disputes how you want - other than duel. I think that's illegal now

Out of interest could a "concerned" citizen make an FOI request for everything (documents, transcripts, statements etc etc) relating to the arbitration and decision? 

Exile fae Main Street

Saddened and dismayed, but not surprised at this news.

Don't know where we go from tbh, my instinct is to keep fighting...but flogging a dead horse and all that.

Frankly, and I know there's no chance, I'd move to English Pyramid if it were possible, but not thinking rationally at mo, stunned really am.

Wish there was a Club statement to rally the troops!

Bad, bad day, but there have been worse, we'll be back, but please no more pc attitude and making Tynecastle like a Morgue. F them all other than our friends, really no more Mr Nice Guys please.

Gorgie Rule!

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I want someone to clarify how it was that the Dundee vote was valid. That has to be explained. It’s unacceptable not to shed light on that issue.

The whole thing needs clarified.  It cannot be allowed to remain secret.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I've had to come off social media before I lose it. I cannot believe we are in a position to be laughed at by a team like Dundee Utd. 

Disgraceful stuff from not only the SFA but also Hearts. From top to bottom disgraceful how we let ourselves slip to the bottom of a league with the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton.

Disgraceful stuff from Hearts.

In what way?

Saint Jambo
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Out of interest could a "concerned" citizen make an FOI request for everything (documents, transcripts, statements etc etc) relating to the arbitration and decision? 

No. FOI only relates to public bodies. SFA are not a public body.

500ClubCraig

I believe that most Hearts fans will accept the outcome and move on.

When fans are allowed back to matches they will go home and away regardless of what is said on here.
As there always has been, there will be anger towards the SPFL & SFA, nothing new there as most feel that they are poorly run/administered and favour two clubs.

The reality is there were very poor decisions made by those in charge with regards to Managers/Coaches and signing of players.

Would we have avoided finishing bottom if the season had concluded naturally, probably not in my opinion, as we were terrible against bottom half sides.

There have been some positives in recent weeks with the signing of RN, JJ and CG. Add in promises of financial assistance and we will move forward in a reasonable position all things considered.
Hopefully the relegation clauses in players contracts are severe to the point a number choose to move on (should anyone want them). 
Now simply looking forward to the day that I can sit next to (or near) my mates, have a beer before and after the game and watch some live football.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:interehjrling:

IF ANYONE IS FEELING LEFT OUT BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T GOT THE FOH EMAIL PM ME AND I'LL FORWARD IT TO YOU.

(It'll still be the same as has been quoted on here multiple times)

@Clark Griswold not aimed at you. 👍

It’s incredible this can happen in sport and in a tin pot league which ours has become.

You get corruption on a much larger scale in life which can take years to stop,   almost mafia/ government levels of corruption, but it’s ludicrous how Hearts can call on good advice, possibly some of the best, set up a good case/defence and still be rejected because of a bunch of plastic gangsters keeping things “in house”....is there really justice in its proper form out there anymore?  

It’s not in football anyway, not in this country. 

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

For those having a dig at Hearts' official statement; I suspect the club's sentiments will have been communicated through the FOH email who are sufficiently detached from the club at this point, to avoid any backlash. 

I'm sure the footballing authorities can put in place a new rule that allows them to sanction Hearts for comments made by supporters groups, like they did to screw us over Vlad's comments, when he held no official position at Hearts, but was just the majority shareholder.

FOH is de facto the majority shareholder in Hearts, although technically the transfer of shares from Bidco hasn't yet taken place, I'm sure the authorities can contrive something though, we know how devious these *******s are.

My biggest frustration is that there was real appetite for change from fans to players.

It was the suits who ****ed this all up. Hearts and Partick bear the worst of the effects, but this was no win for Scottish football. Just another nail in the coffin.

14 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Well, this is all thoroughly depressing.

It was horribly predictable that this would happen when we were forced into SFA arbitration, even though I tried to convince myself otherwise. Like AB, I hoped that maybe we might get a slightly fairer outcome at the end of the day. But since when did Hearts ever get a fair crack of the whip from the Scottish football authorities? In 30-odd years supporting the club, the only time I can ever recall us not being on the rough end of a decision was when Craig Levein refused to pay his escalating SFA fine. And even that was more of a draw than a win, as he still paid the original fine.

Once the SFA had brought the whole

process safely in-house and under a blanket of secrecy, in retrospect we were always going to be told we had no case and to eat our cereal. And now we can doubtless expect to be shafted further for our refusal just to submit to whatever shabby treatment the authorities chose to mete out.

I’m feeling numb, just as I did during the Rangers fiasco when it looked as if they would be reinserted into the SPL. If that had happened then I said I was done with Scottish football. Now that our demotion with 8 games to play has been found to be perfectly in order, complete with gloating from Doncaster, I’m feeling much the same.

Me too Doc, sums up my feelings

Francis Albert
53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It really really isn't bang on the money. It's wide of the mark. It's a sclaff that didn't even make it out to the goals.

We haven't yet made a statement, other than as part of the JOINT STATEMENT. WITH PARTICK.

The Internet, man!

So we have made a statement. The anodyne  joint one with Partick. Partick's CEO has made a forceful  statement. Doncaster has made a gloating statement. FOH has made an appeal for clubs to work together to do something or other. It is claimed on here that Ann is too shellshocked to say more. Many of us are disappointed and angry about the outcome is anyone really shellshocked?

Is Ann's judgement so bad that she is shocked by the outcome?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

IF ANYONE IS FEELING LEFT OUT BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T GOT THE FOH EMAIL PM ME AND I'LL FORWARD IT TO YOU.

(It'll still be the same as has been quoted on here multiple times)

@Clark Griswold not aimed at you. 👍

THE LEAST THEY CAN DO GIVEN THE MONEY WE’RE PAYING IS TO GET THE MAILING LIST RIGHT

heartsfc_fan

Any news on if any compensation (or substantial fine with them sticking the knife in further)?

What's the odds that we go on and win the Scottish Cup after all of this shite?? Win the championship without losing a game also. 

SomethingAboutObua

Seeing a lot of people saying the board needs changed. When it comes to Hearts can someone clear up what the board should be doing? I'm somewhat lost between the roles of:

The Board VS Budge as owner/CEO/Chairman 
The Board VS Levein as DoF (not as first team coach/manager, to be clear)
The Board VS The FoH

A lot of criticisms such as off field and managerial recruitment are aimed at either Budge OR the Board, who should be doing what?
Should the board be involved in youth etc as well, or is that only for the DoF/a head of youth etc? I know in the SFA the board are responsible for managerial selection AND finding and organising the youth pathways stuff for Scottish football as a whole, but I'm still not clear where our board fit into everything?
The FOH do a lot of talking about Hearts, but do they have any involvement as "the FoH" or are members of the FoH already on the board, but just representing themselves?

Cheers

I would love it if Hearts issued a statement stating that if Doncaster wants to be truly vindicated he should be happy to make all the evidence from the hearing, public. 

He is a coward hiding behind confidentiality clauses, threats and secrecy. 

What about it Doncaster. You got the guts to go public? 

1 hour ago, H2 said:

The finding of arbitration should be open, why should it be confidential, unless there is something to hide?

Dead right. We keep hearing that Scottish football relies on gate receipts. We, the fans who pay week after week, pay Doncaster ' s wages yet we're kept in the dark. 

How do we flex our muscle?

Fire_At_The_Disco

Not happy at the FOH email, talking about working with other clubs, aye like the ones who done us over😞...Only Hearts FFS 

I don't understand all the concern about our statement or lack thereof, it means nothing now the case is over, we are muzzled and we will not be taking further action!

2 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

I believe that most Hearts fans will accept the outcome and move on.

When fans are allowed back to matches they will go home and away regardless of what is said on here.

2 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Now simply looking forward to the day that I can sit next to (or near) my mates, have a beer before and after the game and watch some live football.

I'm personally not sure, I'll wait till the anger subsides before deciding for definite.

Not renewed my ST yet so might wait till we're actually allowed back in and then decide on a game by game basis. Won't be going to away games, maybe ICT.

Then again as kick off approaches I might say "feck it" and renew.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So we have made a statement. The anodyne  joint one with Partick. Partick's CEO has made a forceful  statement. Doncaster has made a gloating statement. FOH has made an appeal for clubs to work together to do something or other. It is claimed on here that Ann is too shellshocked to say more. Many of us are disappointed and angry about the outcome is anyone really shellshocked?

You do know that her being shellshocked was one person’s conjecture?

baxterd1974
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Shut up, it's been a matter of hours. People like you are painful. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

What's the odds that we go on and win the Scottish Cup after all of this shite?? Win the championship without losing a game also. 

Slim I think. 

Leveins Battalion

Hearts next press release will be to announce Lee McCulloch as assistant manager!

This fight is OVER.

Time to get round to sorting 4 years of decline in the football team.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

One whole load of crap based on one poster claiming that Ann Budge was too shellshocked to issue a statement.

Edited by graygo

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )