SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

David Black
14 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Run along now, sonny.

That' s right , stick your head in the sand, just like our directors have done, and this is the result. As for being "sonny" I have supported this club since the late 50's and have seen many shambles in that time and this is right up there with considering the money invested in the squad. In the seventies when we were relegated the club was broke, we are far from broke, just appallingly run regarding the football side. I am far from being your sonny,sonny. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

35 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

-15 points.

The SFA can't deduct us points FFS, they don't run the leagues.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I read that Mr MacLennan wants to draw a line under this and that we should all come together and unite for the sake of Scottish football.

To Mr MacLennan, I respond by saying, 'I will never forget, nor forgive, what you and your board have done to Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. While I can only act in a small way against people like yourself and your employer, Mr Lawell, my denial of providing any funding to each and every club excepting those three named above, will not be for just a few weeks or even a season, it will be for my lifetime. If sufficient others also act in a similar way, then perhaps, just perhaps, I and they will see the death of some of these clubs before too long. I will also encourage my kids to bear this grudge and if I cannot get them to attend games involving Hearts at Tynecastle, then I will encourage them to take an interest in other sports or football in another country. 

Unfortunately, this extends to Scottish international football. I will no longer attend or watch my national teams participation in international football. You, Mr Doncaster, Mr Lawell, every member of your board and every CEO of their clubs have destroyed my interest in Scottish football, outwith Hearts.

Finally Mr MacLennan, you will never succeed in your ultimate aim of destroying Hearts. I and thousands of others will simply not allow you to do this and we will back our Foundation and club in a way that you and your cohorts cannot understand. I look forward to Hearts and Partick returning to the top flight where I can assure you that a warm welcome awaits.

Absolutely fantastic post and couldn’t put this any better myself. So very much this. Well written MTS 

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The lack of a statement from the club yet is VERY interesting

We are certainly looking at something closely IMO

Anyway, apologies if I raised hopes at any time - legally speaking I was certain we had a shout at this

No need to apologise at all. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts as the situation developed. One of only a few.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, graygo said:

The SFA can't deduct us points FFS, they don't run the leagues.

😭

Lone Striker
21 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Seems to me that our legal team need to go through this  judgment with a fine toothcomb and see if there are any possible grounds for going back to the CoS. 

Looking forward  lets make sure that  we have the lowest ever crowds for  Hearts match away from home at every game next season except ICT.

Yes.... that's got to be the immediate task.  Identify any point of law  which would support our case which has been glossed over or ignored.    Even if our QC believes the Arb panel has not given proper consideration to something like that, we have to make a measured decision on whether we pursue further (CoS presumably - and risk losing  more money) or drop the whole thing.

Another potential risk  for us in the coming season in the Champ - if a club  runs into  serious problems (financial or Covid-related) and basically can't fulfil their fixtures, what are the SPFL rules about promotion/relegation from (yet another) incomplete  league competition (some clubs might have been able to play all their matches, and some wouldn't)  ?   Could Donkey & co just say "null & void "  ?

7 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

We won't be deducted points, it's not listed as a punishment. It's a fine and/or expulsion. 

Anyone now directing their ire at Ann can gtf in my book. She did what we asked her to do and fought this all the way and I hope there is a way we can continue to fight it. Yes mistakes were made and she owned upto them, who here has never made a mistake? Move on.

All the hate, anger should be directed at the SPFL/SFA & the meek clubs who simply didn't have the guts to stand up to them. We did and I'm proud we didn't roll over. I'm all for boycotting cups, away games (cept a select few, you know who) Scotland games. I will only part with my cash if I know all of it is going to the club I love.

Never let them forget, never stop defending our club for fighting for what was right.

Don't give up, double down instead.

Only Hearts until the day I leave this Earth.

Bravo 👏 totally agree mate

Bazzas right boot

Some folk actually appear delighted as it allows them to start slagging Hearts again. 

Some even silent on this thread until today. 

Like posters after a defeat, all over this place arguing with folk, but nowhere when we win. 

At least in the championship, we'll win lots and it will keep these creepy ****ers of JKB. 

maroonlegions
11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Anyway, apologies if I raised hopes at any time - legally speaking I was certain we had a shout at this

Was just on this way of thinking , maybe ,just maybe we have something on them that throughs it right back to the COS. Remember this process the arbitration panel  carried  must be ultra water tight , no leakages .

David Black
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Very few people on here are interested in holding Budge to account I’m afraid. They’ll throw in little sops like ‘yes, she made mistakes on the football side’ but generally they think that bottom of the league and a badly under-costed main stand = a good job.

She has done a terrific job in every respect bar the football side of the business. If people can't see this then the same mistakes could happen again. There may be some position she can hold at the club, but not on the board. We have to stand on our own 2 feet sometime as owners and now in the championship is as good a time as any.

8 minutes ago, pointon said:

Let’s not forget the shite  house of a squad that got us here maybe this will allow us to ring the changes

Yep, and allowed to fester due to inaction by the board/management for far, far too long. 

I don't blame other teams for voting us down, the blame ultimately lies with those in control at Tynecastle. We sleptwalked into that nonsense, all the while some snowflakes on here were getting upset at those booing the players. 

It was clear last season we were relegation fodder ever since the celtic semi at Murrayfield. 

Time to stop banging the drum of injustice and get things right on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

But if the panel have decided that they have done no wrong then their actions have been justified and there are no consequences. I would love it if you are right but just can't see it.

They won't offer compensation. It's up to the club if it wants to go back to court.

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

We won't be deducted points, it's not listed as a punishment. It's a fine and/or expulsion. 

Anyone now directing their ire at Ann can gtf in my book. She did what we asked her to do and fought this all the way and I hope there is a way we can continue to fight it. Yes mistakes were made and she owned upto them, who here has never made a mistake? Move on.

All the hate, anger should be directed at the SPFL/SFA & the meek clubs who simply didn't have the guts to stand up to them. We did and I'm proud we didn't roll over. I'm all for boycotting cups, away games (cept a select few, you know who) Scotland games. I will only part with my cash if I know all of it is going to the club I love.

Never let them forget, never stop defending our club for fighting for what was right.

Superb post, especially the bit about Budge.  Most Chairs or CEOs would have thrown the towel in months ago. 

Im no longer accepting the “we deserved it for being shite” argument.  Villa, Barnsley, Luton and Huddersfield blew that logic out the window.  We would have stayed up, no doubt about it, and I think we would have kicked on next season. 

Rick Sanchez

It would be hilarious if we had evidence of criminality and didn't use it at arbitration and waited to go back to CoS :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some folk actually appear delighted as it allows them to start slagging Hearts again. 

Like posters after a defeat, all over this place arguing with folk, but nowhere when we win. 

At least in the championship, we'll win lots and it will keep these creepy ****ers of JKB. 

This

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

There was hope, but it's a fine line. 

No need to apologise either, you're always polite and engage in debate. 

Some other posters not so much. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If the decision is upheld as valid, what grounds do we use to claim compensation?

Would we have got compensation if, due to Budge’s mis-management, we’d have gone down naturally?

Loss of earnings due to their "valid" decision. Didn't the judge leave the door open.....?

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Superb post, especially the bit about Budge.  Most Chairs or CEOs would have thrown the towel in months ago. 

Im no longer accepting the “we deserved it for being shite” argument.  Villa, Barnsley, Luton and Huddersfield blew that logic out the window.  We would have stayed up, no doubt about it, and I think we would have kicked on next season. 

Your claim of we would have stayed up without any doubt is equally as silly as those saying we definitely would have went down imo. 

It's impossible to tell, but we were shite, and that can't be denied if you watched us at all for the last 18months or so. 

We must be looking at next steps. I will be highly surprised if we have a statement that brings this to an end from our point of view. 

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

She has done a terrific job in every respect bar the football side of the business. If people can't see this then the same mistakes could happen again. There may be some position she can hold at the club, but not on the board. We have to stand on our own 2 feet sometime as owners and now in the championship is as good a time as any.

Aye right

step back from the keyboard or GTF

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

We must be looking at next steps. I will be highly surprised if we have a statement that brings this to an end from our point of view. 

Let's bring them down......

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don’t agree with you very often, but you are spot on here. Utter weirdos.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

I didn't ask Ann to persist with the disastrous Levein regime for several years after it was obviously not working. I didn't ask Ann to oversee a horrendous cost over-run on the new stand. I didn't even ask her to engage in a losing fight with the the SPFLbased on shaky legal advice. What does "double down" mean. Throw good money after bad? Fantasise about joining the English leagues?

SuperstarSteve

It is what it is. Scottish football is corrupt and if you love your club and want to follow them. You must support corruption to do so. 

the semi final will be a sell out, the SFA’s pockets will be lined from our fanbase and away grounds will be attended. 

If your gonna moan then don’t support corruption. If your gonna support corruption then don’t bother moaning. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

I hope not

Rick Sanchez

If we did have damning evidence would be have to let arbitration conclude so we could say we've officially followed the courts orders? 

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Aye right

Very eloquently put sir :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Threebs said:

We should all be worrying about the future of the game in Scotland, but sadly very many can’t see beyond 6” in front of their nose. 

Celtic are the future of the game in Scotland. They’ll be fine. 

Edited by GinRummy

Christ what a shit day.I thought I'd have my tuppence worth.Those pricks are getting off lucky now.Football behind closed doors. It won't be like that forever. They are going to get a nasty time if they have the nerve to come to tynecastle. hhgh

Shanks said no

I think we are just waiting on the expenses issue to be settled and possibly for the SFA statement as it was their bleeding process.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Very few people on here are interested in holding Budge to account I’m afraid. They’ll throw in little sops like ‘yes, she made mistakes on the football side’ but generally they think that bottom of the league and a badly under-costed main stand = a good job.

There's been some amount of pish, slavers and downright lies been posted on here. Your post epitomises that.

Not one person has said what you claim, not one.

10 minutes ago, David Black said:

That' s right , stick your head in the sand, just like our directors have done, and this is the result. As for being "sonny" I have supported this club since the late 50's and have seen many shambles in that time and this is right up there with considering the money invested in the squad. In the seventies when we were relegated the club was broke, we are far from broke, just appallingly run regarding the football side. I am far from being your sonny,sonny. 

Very good. A supporter since the 50's but a newcomer on here with only 192 posts. Never mind 'sonny' I might have called you a Hibby.

Lone Striker
26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So no smoking gun? 

Doncaster giving Nelms the deciding vote whilst talking about friendlies with big hitters? 

We should now be planning for the championship 100%, but we should also be taking it to the CoS or Switzerland for compensation.

Why not? It's not going to be a distraction any longer. Let Neilson and JJ prepare the squad for the championship and take these scumbags as far as we can go.

Would love to take Doncaster to Switzerland and cost him his new ethics job. **** him.

Dignitas  ?  :wow::kirklol:

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They will be on moaning how we let a goal in and only won 9-1 

Absolutely gutted by this decision and am still struggling to work out how it is possible for any arbitration panel to decide that a football team can be expelled by its direct competitors without that being held to be unfairly prejudicial.

Like others, I find it interesting that we have not yet issued a statement and I hope that this is not yet over.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Dignitas  ?  :wow::kirklol:

If I could freely express my views on that man it would be along those lines!

David Black
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Aye right

So you think the football side has been handled well. Really? It is that attitude that has got us into this mess. Some people do not like the truth and you would appear to be one of them. If you do not like the truth then you step back from the keyboard. 

Glamorgan Jambo

An absolute sore one up with the sorest of sore ones in many decades supporting the famous.

Please don't agitate for a club statement. The process is continuing, at least in terms of the costs and possibly even compensation. There has been no comment yet from the SFA and I'd want to wait for the process to complete and the SFA to announce it before saying anything. A lot of money could be at stake.

Anyway we're back training shortly (maybe even the start of next week) and playing albeit in the Diddy Cup in early October. A lot of water to flow under a lot of bridges between now and then. I'll be reflecting in how we got ourselves in this situation. Which will include the hapless performance of the SFA/SPFL but also a series of poor internal decisions in the last 16 months.

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Aye right

So she has done a terrific job on the footballing side, is that what you are saying? 

I didn't see much of a problem with the post you quoted. 🙄

I'm not anti-Ann, I just want her focus back on football matters and not chasing red herrings through court. 

We have to come straight back up. 

Just now, David Black said:

So you think the football side has been handled well. Really? It is that attitude that has got us into this mess. Some people do not like the truth and you would appear to be one of them. If you do not like the truth then you step back from the keyboard. 

Change the ***g record or fk off and start a thread. This is about today's events. Get on topic or feck off. 

Mods- action please. This guy has been doing this all afternoon.

Cheers. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I didn't ask Ann to persist with the disastrous Levein regime for several years after it was obviously not working. I didn't ask Ann to oversee a horrendous cost over-run on the new stand. I didn't even ask her to engage in a losing fight with the the SPFLbased on shaky legal advice. What does "double down" mean. Throw good money after bad? Fantasise about joining the English leagues?

Staunchly against joining the English League's and have stated that on here. Just a stupid idea imo.

I didn't say you asked her to do all those things, did I? We wanted her to fight and she did. She made mistakes, agreed. You think she hasn't learned from them? The second we lose in court/arbitration, some section of the fans revert back to "it's all Ann's fault" and I seriously doubt would be saying that if we had won.

Double down means shout louder, fight harder never forget and never let them forget what they've done to us. I don't believe putting money into my club is a bad thing. If you do fair enough.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, WDJ87 said:

Staunchly against joining the English League's and have stated that on here. Just a stupid idea imo.

I didn't say you asked her to do all those things, did I? We wanted her to fight and she did. She made mistakes, agreed. You think she hasn't learned from them? The second we lose in court/arbitration, some section of the fans revert back to "it's all Ann's fault" and I seriously doubt would be saying that if we had won.

Double down means shout louder, fight harder never forget and never let them forget what they've done to us. I don't believe putting money into my club is a bad thing. If you do fair enough.

What evidence is there that she’s learned from her mistakes?

Just now, Jambo66 said:

Absolutely gutted by this decision and am still struggling to work out how it is possible for any arbitration panel to decide that a football team can be expelled by its direct competitors without that being held to be unfairly prejudicial.

Like others, I find it interesting that we have not yet issued a statement and I hope that this is not yet over.

Yes indeed! Company Law seems quite clear on this, but the Panel have taken a different view. 

No surprise Dundee Utd & Doncaster are out quickly with the triumphant comments though.  We can't comment until the SFA make a Formal Statement but I guess we await next steps/Statement.......

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )