SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

22 minutes ago, David Black said:

So your saying that Anderson only donates his money because AB is at the club. If she wasn't , he wouldn't. I thought he was an out and out Hearts man and if that's the case he'll back us no matter who is in charge. So we are just like the SPFL, things just go on and on and on and nothing changes for the better. I appreciate everything AB has done, but she must be held to account like the other board members for this mess.  

Budge has the personal connection with Anderson - without her he would not have pumped in his money!

Listen I am as angry as anybody over Budge’s disasterous backing of Levein but the fact is we need her to help bankroll us out of what is a hellish financial situation before she hands over to the fans.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, communist said:

So she has done a terrific job on the footballing side, is that what you are saying? 

I didn't see much of a problem with the post you quoted. 🙄

I'm not anti-Ann, I just want her focus back on football matters and not chasing red herrings through court. 

We have to come straight back up. 

Red herrings through court.

:cornette_dog:

The White Cockade

Said all along we were wasting our time on a case we would never win

Completely pointless and costs us money which makes us even worse Off than if we had just accepted it

Also weakens our position and ensures nobody will pay any attention to our views in the future and almost guarantees that we will be treated even worse in the future 

as we have made enemies out of just about every club in the country

May not be right but this was always the likely outcome

I suspect we’re going to get stuffed for court costs as well. This is going to be an expensive day in more ways than one.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What evidence is there that she’s learned from her mistakes?

She's a successful business woman, who is a millionaire. I highly doubt she got there flawlessly and never stumbled on the way. 

Appointment of JJ and RN could be viewed as evidence?

Just now, The White Cockade said:

Completely pointless and costs us money which makes us even worse Off than if we had just accepted it

Also weakens our position and ensures nobody will pay any attention to our views in the future and almost guarantees that we will be treated even worse in the future 

Bully for you! You must be really pleased with yourself!! 

Independence
Just now, The White Cockade said:

Yes we should have bent over and taken our punishment.....Never, never, never!!! What a looser you are!

ford donald
24 minutes ago, David Black said:

So your saying that Anderson only donates his money because AB is at the club. If she wasn't , he wouldn't. I thought he was an out and out Hearts man and if that's the case he'll back us no matter who is in charge. So we are just like the SPFL, things just go on and on and on and nothing changes for the better. I appreciate everything AB has done, but she must be held to account like the other board members for this mess.  

She has surrounded herself with yes people, that know sweet fa about the football side.Thank goodness JJ has arrived!

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

So you think the football side has been handled well. Really? It is that attitude that has got us into this mess. Some people do not like the truth and you would appear to be one of them. If you do not like the truth then you step back from the keyboard. 

I would take you serious if you contributed regularly and subscribed to be on here, but you don’t and you’re another slavering ****er who can’t wait to put the boot into the club.

You get rid of Ann Budge now, the club will die.

That is the long truth here right now, not what happened last  season

Francis Albert
Just now, WDJ87 said:

Staunchly against joining the English League's and have stated that on here. Just a stupid idea imo.

I didn't say you asked her to do all those things, did I? We wanted her to fight and she did. She made mistakes, agreed. You think she hasn't learned from them? The second we lose in court/arbitration, some section of the fans revert back to "it's all Ann's fault" and I seriously doubt would be saying that if we had won.

Double down means shout louder, fight harder never forget and never let them forget what they've done to us. I don't believe putting money into my club is a bad thing. If you do fair enough.

Where did I say putting money into my club is a bad thing? 

And shouting louder and all that is just empty rhetoric. Unless we have some silver bullet we haven't used to date. "They" won't want to forget what they've done to us. As the SPFL statement makes clear they want to celebrate what they have done to us and will welcome being reminded of it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Change the ***g record or fk off and start a thread. This is about today's events. Get on topic or feck off. 

Mods- action please. This guy has been doing this all afternoon.

Cheers. 

Here we go again. People trying to dictate what can and can’t be discussed on here.

It would be best if JKB just culled those of us who don’t agree with the majority. Would keep the board happy at least and avoid any scrutiny of Budge, which is something this place seriously struggles with.

Just now, S Form said:

I suspect we’re going to get stuffed for court costs as well. This is going to be an expensive day in more ways than one.

Of course we will be liable for costs. That is how it works. It has never been suggested that this would be different.

Leveins Battalion

I am convinced that JKB contains the same posters with numerous usernames.

Not one fan I have spoke to in the pub,street,work or anywhere else is happy with Ann Budge.

But on here you are attacked for calling her out.🤷‍♂️

David Black
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Change the ***g record or fk off and start a thread. This is about today's events. Get on topic or feck off. 

Mods- action please. This guy has been doing this all afternoon.

Cheers. 

Oh diddums. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Red herrings through court.

:cornette_dog:

Maybe a bad choice of wording, but I feel vindicated that right back at the start of this thread I predicted all this, how much time and money would be wasted on it, and how much qc's and lawyers will convince anyone listening there is a case worth fighting, for as long as they want to pay them to fight it. 

This is Scotland. Scottish football and Scottish courts. Anyone predicting anything other than the status quo was deluding themselves. 

Francis Albert
Just now, BelgeJambo said:

I would take you serious if you contributed regularly and subscribed to be on here, but you don’t and you’re another slavering ****er who can’t wait to put the boot into the club.

Why will the club die without Budge?

David Black
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

What utter rubbish.

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

So we should just have sat back and accepted this complete injustice.  I think not.

i hope that this has put the SPFL and the SFA to a whole load  of trouble. As for the other clubs - really who cares. I’ll be dancing a jig as some of them go to the wall in the near future.

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Brilliant response belge. 

I don't even want rid of her, but continue your crusade against anyone who doesn't post enough to keep up with your needs. Pathetic. 

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:The way to change things is to fight them at their own game and the only way to do that is to challenge the Old Firm on the football park.

The majority of the 42 clubs have shown over the years that they will not change in their support of all things Old Firm even when faced with an epidemic

You might actually want to check your assumptions on the drop off of the fan base.  I have attached a link which is one year out of date but that is due to the current season's figures not being available due to the season ending early. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473238

Us being accepted into the English System at this point in time is an absurd idea if for no other reason than Covid 19. No harm in investigating the possibilty.

I very much doubt they would want any team from Scotland entering their leagues.

In the unlikely event that we were actually accepted then I think the other clubs along with the SFA and SPFL would just be saying good riddance.

Not sure a rise of less than 1% in attendances is evidence of the rise in popularity of the game in Scotland. 41000 increase could be down to just certain fixtures occurring at certain grounds with larger support/capacities. The significance of the stats is also brought into question when you consider who is shouting about them being fantastic. A certain Mr Doncaster who will be demonstrating, by association, what a terrific job he is doing.

i am looking at the longer term picture anyway. I suspect that I am older than you but remember much bigger numbers at all the clubs in the top league in Scotland. I realise that this was a time before the competition from other entertainments such as Xbox, and the seductions of the internet, however our nearest neighbour has managed to significantly grow their game in every aspect in the last 30 years. If we only had managed a fraction of that achievement our game would be in a better, more competitive place.

3 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

That post was utter horseshit up to the last sentence  

1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

Of course we will be liable for costs. That is how it works. It has never been suggested that this would be different.

Didn’t realise the loser was automatically liable. Another blow.

Lone Striker
Think you're mistaken about that.  He's a very wealthy philanthropist looking to support community and good causes - just so happens he's friendly with Ann.  Not seen anything to suggest he's an out and out Hearts man.
  24 minutes ago, David Black said:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

She's a successful business woman, who is a millionaire. I highly doubt she got there flawlessly and never stumbled on the way. 

Appointment of JJ and RN could be viewed as evidence?

I’m very happy to see JJ back

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am convinced that JKB contains the same posters with numerous usernames.

Not one fan I have spoke to in the pub,street,work or anywhere else is happy with Ann Budge.

But on here you are attacked for calling her out.🤷‍♂️

Weird. I know plenty. Maybe it’s your social and employment circle? 🤷‍♂️

Response to Scottish FA Article 99 Arbitration: Determination – 27.07.20

Arbitral Tribunal:

“The tribunal appointed in terms of Scottish Football Association Article 99 issued its decision today. It unanimously held that the challenges to the Written Resolution of 15 April 2020 failed, and that the SPFL were entitled to pass, and give effect to, the Written Resolution and all that flowed from it. Accordingly it refused to grant any of the orders sought by Heart of Midlothian FC and Partick Thistle FC and continued the arbitration for submissions about expenses.”

Joint Statement by Heart of Midlothian FC and Partick Thistle FC:

“As all Parties have been requested not to comment on the tribunal’s decision or reveal details of the hearings on the grounds of confidentiality, all we can only say is how disappointed and surprised we are at the outcome.

“We don’t regret taking this action as it was the right thing for us to do. There were better ways to deal with ending the season, fairer ways other than putting the burden of a pandemic on to three clubs.”

David Black
3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

She has surrounded herself with yes people, that know sweet fa about the football side.Thank goodness JJ has arrived!

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Where did I say putting money into my club is a bad thing? 

And shouting louder and all that is just empty rhetoric. Unless we have some silver bullet we haven't used to date. "They" won't want to forget what they've done to us. As the SPFL statement makes clear they want to celebrate what they have done to us and will welcome being reminded of it.

Maybe it is empty rethoric but we're all hurting here and I'm sure Ann will be too. I don't see the value in turning against our own board or each other. That's all I was trying to get across. Direct it at the bad guys, not our own.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, communist said:

Maybe a bad choice of wording, but I feel vindicated that right back at the start of this thread I predicted all this, how much time and money would be wasted on it, and how much qc's and lawyers will convince anyone listening there is a case worth fighting, for as long as they want to pay them to fight it. 

This is Scotland. Scottish football and Scottish courts. Anyone predicting anything other than the status quo was deluding themselves. 

So we should've just accepted the injustice?

Statement almost leaves more questions than answers to be honest. For a start, its not in any way confirmed that our fight is over...so what next?

WorldChampions1902
12 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Absolutely gutted by this decision and am still struggling to work out how it is possible for any arbitration panel to decide that a football team can be expelled by its direct competitors without that being held to be unfairly prejudicial.

Like others, I find it interesting that we have not yet issued a statement and I hope that this is not yet over.

Perhaps that wasn’t ruled on?

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

So we should've just accepted the injustice?

I never seen a massive injustice. And our attempts to reconstruct for one season only just smacked of desperation. 

allystrachan

So we can’t say anything about it & dont... Doncaster comes out gloating about how delighted he is.

what a shit show from start to finish.

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Statement almost leaves more questions than answers to be honest. For a start, its not in any way confirmed that our fight is over...so what next?

Exactly my thoughts also!

Just now, communist said:

I never seen a massive injustice. And our attempts to reconstruct for one season only just smacked of desperation. 

😂😂😂

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )