SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Like all of you absolutely gutted about todays outcome ..myself and plenty of other Thistle fans will not be giving another penny to the clubs who have ****ed us over..hopefully we draw you or Stranraer in a cup so i can get an away day..

Thistle will get my season ticket money and other donationsfrom now on...my son plays junior football so I'll be trecking all over west lothian with him.

All the best lads ..once went on the Hearts Glasgow supporters bus to Prague..great guys and agreat trip..

🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I think that would be a definite suspension of license by SFA. I am already nervous about what sanction they will hand down.

I believe we would be straight to the CoS to challenge that, Lord Clarke seemed to suggest that rule was unlawful. 

I say we take it to CAS and stop this season starting

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

It's hard to believe they've let the SPFL get the jump on them with their gloating statement. Nothing on the website, nothing on Twitter from the club. I hope their silence has a reason it isn't them just sitting on their hands like they did when they let Jack Ross get away and go to the Flumps.

Jack Ross 🤣🤣

Who gives a **** about that weird looking creep, he's shite. 

gashauskis9
11 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Hearts had to challenge the relegation outcome - no matter what!

We know where we are now. There's no going back. 

We will deal with any court costs easily.

We will win the league at a canter. We will spit in the face of the one (or two) teams passing us on the way down next May.

I'll will only ever rejoice at the problems faced by any other club in the country (bar PT and ICT). Beers will be consumed for all and any clubs who teeter on the brink. If they fold, the champagne gets opened.

What goes around comes around.

The bad blood between us and the others excites me. Bring the fu***** on!

Winner 👍

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I think that would be a definite suspension of license by SFA. I am already nervous about what sanction they will hand down.

They’ll have to be careful. The legality of draconian punishments being dished out was called into question by Lord Clark. 

Anyway, you would think that the SFA would be looking to heal rifts and try and draw a line under all of this.  Any normal organisation would - however this is the Glasgow Mafia. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

If taking this to CAS is an option then for me I say we inform the SPFL we are taking it to CAS and submit for an interdict first thing in the morning. 

These interdicts are popular and easy to get apparently. Not happening. 

maroonlegions

We threw the stone.

We utter the words of not lying down.

We took the occasion

We took the time.

We done all of these four things and we got nothing back.

But we tried them all and that in itself shows  we have character, integrity, and a willingness to stand up to the bullies knowing  others  were just watching  us getting our heads kicked in by the bullies.    

115635602_3858739764143475_7593730850657354782_o.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

-15 points.

Could be a possibility 👎

Edited by rmreido

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I don’t think a suspension would stand up in the courts either, and even Lord Clark questioned the legality of it 

I think if Anderson is backing us financially through this that we need to take it as far as possible, and for me this case needs to be heard outside of the corrupt SFA/SPFL

And budge did say we reserved the right to apply for the interdict if we were left with no other choice 

1 hour ago, Silverwolf said:

Never posted on here before. Just watched with interest.

This judgement however makes me feel I should speak out. The reality is that there was no potential upside whatever the outcome of the arbitration. Win or lose, fundamentally nothing was ever going to change. The duopoly is going to persist. The next generation of fans will continue to be drawn towards the old firm (no child wants to go to school supporting a club that only makes up the numbers). The money therefore flows to the ugly sisters and the status quo persists. For goodness sake....9 in a row tells anyone all they need to know about the state of the competitive game in Scotland. I spend a lot of my work time down south. Its embarrassing.

Sadly, there is no way Scottish football will change.

In the US, they employ a draft system to ensure that there is ongoing healthy competition in Football, Hockey and Baseball. Fundamentally, they recognize that the competitive nature of the game drives the fan base and ultimately the wealth of the sport. The EPL is the best example in world football. What a spectacle. A range of winners over the last 30 years or so. 

In contrast, in Scotland, the fans are taken for granted as the whole system is myopic. 

Sadly, for me, as for an increasing number of people in Scotland, I am giving up on the mickey mouse, Scottish game and watching the EPL. I do not find it fun watching the slow, inevitable decline of the game north of the border. If Hearts decide to jump ship and join the English pyramid system then I will be back. They would do well there.

A pretty accurate summary of where Scottish Football is and you are  quite possibly correct in suggesting that it will not change.

Where I disagree with you though is that I see what you highlight as a means to spur me on to try and make the club I support and always will to be even stronger and challenge those at the top.

Hearts have a big fan base and can make that even bigger by sticking together and continuing to contribute via FOH and season tickets, buying club merchandise and using all the hospitality facilities as much as possible.

With the right management and the funding we have at our disposal we can challenge them despite their attempts to knock us back.

If you want to give up and help fund the likes of Sky Sports then that is your choice but it wont be mine as  I will be out there cheering on my team and not giving up.

willie wallace
2 minutes ago, 4171 said:

Like all of you absolutely gutted about todays outcome ..myself and plenty of other Thistle fans will not be giving another penny to the clubs who have ****ed us over..hopefully we draw you or Stranraer in a cup so i can get an away day..

Thistle will get my season ticket money and other donationsfrom now on...my son plays junior football so I'll be trecking all over west lothian with him.

All the best lads ..once went on the Hearts Glasgow supporters bus to Prague..great guys and agreat trip..

🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪

Like the user name mate👍

Seems to me that our legal team need to go through this  judgment with a fine toothcomb and see if there are any possible grounds for going back to the CoS. 

Looking forward  lets make sure that  we have the lowest ever crowds for  Hearts match away from home at every game next season except ICT.

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we do actually have that backing it might well be contingent on certain things. 

We announced that the benefactors had signed up for another five years. Are you suggesting we were lying, or that that may have changed?

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

-15 points.

Gutted if that happens.  We’d have to wait until late March to win the league!

manaliveits105

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Jack Ross 🤣🤣

Who gives a **** about that weird looking creep, he's shite. 

Correct - Jack Ross is a wrong un - perfect fit for Fester 

I'm totally scunnered with Scottish football. All the other clubs who let this happen are just as culpable as the SPFL. The SFA are a disgrace, the governing body in this country and in effect all they have done is sit back and watch. 

All other clubs may have a laugh today, but their turn will come. Hibs for one seem to have forgotten their form was atrocious for months before the break and hopefully that continues. How we would laugh if they were the ones we pass next year. 

32 minutes ago, David Black said:

I would hope that part of the statement is that the board of directors are standing down. They are ultimately to blame. This is the exact time for them to go and let us rebuild off the field as well as on.

Absolute nonsense! We desperately need Budge’s financial clout along with the backing of her pal Anderson at this desperate time!

Once we are back in the Premiership and the Club is stabilised that is the time for her to stand down

Edited by Thomaso

The Natural Order
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

-15 points.

Minus whatever we win the Championship by + 1.

5 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

It's hard to believe they've let the SPFL get the jump on them with their gloating statement. Nothing on the website, nothing on Twitter from the club. I hope their silence has a reason it isn't them just sitting on their hands like they did when they let Jack Ross get away and go to the Flumps.

I don't know who Jack Ross' agent is but he one hell of a good at the PR work!! Haha

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Correct - Jack Ross is a wrong un - perfect fit for Fester 

Unwashed, slimey looking character. 

Got Hibernian written all over him. 

4 minutes ago, 4171 said:

🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪

Sad for you guys as well as us but then we all know how they operate and it is no great surprise really.

The next blow will no doubt be how much they throw at us for daring to challenge their rules.

Good luck for the coming season.

6 minutes ago, 4171 said:

🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪

I was on that bus too!

heartandsoul
6 minutes ago, 4171 said:

🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪

Thanks mate and I hope we can draw each other in the Cup. Love a trip to Partick.

30 minutes ago, Plato said:

I think she must be considering her position, hope she stays.

I wouldn't object to Mrs B staying on as chairwoman but getting a new CEO, but there's too much going on right now for wholesale changes.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We announced that the benefactors had signed up for another five years. Are you suggesting we were lying, or that that may have changed?

Not especially but are you saying it is regardless of what ever happens or the club does?

9 minutes ago, 4171 said:

🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪

Great post - never had a second team before - but Partick are now firmly that team!

Where’s our statement?

The silence makes it worse.

We have been swift when we were still in the fight.

Wounded animal?

48 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:jj:Good, good, let the jimmies rustle through you...

Takes time to roll the required artillery into position.

Weighing up the shells for the sixteen inch naval guns, hopefully.

In a very Churchill mood, GT. ✌️😁

Edited by Debut 4

20 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Will we get a club statement today ?

I’d imagine Ann & co will be looking into the finer points of the arbitration and considering their responce. If the fight or non cooperation against the SPFL, SFA, certain clubs & media is the answer I’m all for it. I’m sick of these organisations being submissive to the Ugly Sisters and TV Companies. The main thing is our core support stay united and not argue amongst ourselves on the best way forward.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

This is war.

Take it to the CAS.

Do they not take years?

Anyway pretty sure we sign up for this shit as a member hence why we were told arbitration was binding 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Not especially but are you saying it is regardless of what ever happens or the club does?

As long as Budge is involved either as CEO or fan - yes!

The Natural Order
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Have we issued a statement yet? 

Have a look on the club website. Any statement will be fairly prominent. If you can't see anything take a guess.

I think we should be displaying our thoughts on massive banners round the stadium (a bit like what the tims do in their embarrassing plight against poppies)

Increase the public hatred for Dungcaster and the SPFL

RangersFanInPeace

Apologies if people don't want to here from a Rangers fan but we have a few contributors from elsewhere on our forum and I enjoy reading from other perspectives.

From a selfish point of view I'm glad some other clubs are becoming aware of the corruption within our game. It is however sad to see so many Hearts fans saying they are done with Scottish Football and won't be attending away games. This is a common theme amongst Rangers supporters and whilst I understand the sentiment I hate to see it and makes me worry about the future of our game. 

Well done for at least challenging the ridiculous decision to relegate you and good luck for the season. I'm sure you will be back soon stronger than ever. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

We knew it was going to end this way. 
I have a feeling there’s been an illegality somewhere along the line and we are taking our time to check it out before hitting the nuclear button.  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’m just going by what Budge said. That they had agreed to fund us for the next five years. Not heard or read anything to suggest that has changed. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Seems to me that our legal team need to go through this  judgment with a fine toothcomb and see if there are any possible grounds for going back to the CoS. 

Looking forward  lets make sure that  we have the lowest ever crowds for  Hearts match away from home at every game next season except ICT.

Great post for # 4000!

Just now, Steve said:

I think we should be displaying our thoughts on massive banners round the stadium (a bit like what the tims do in their embarrassing plight against poppies)

Increase the public hatred for Dungcaster and the SPFL

Would certainly grab the media’s attention. They love to post shit like that! I’m game!

4 minutes ago, assessor said:

That's me cancelling all Sky I have including broadband... Stuff all of Scottish football. ONLY HEARTS

What does sky have to do with it? Genuine question, not being sarky. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Going to pish myself laughing when clubs die soon. 

**** the lot of them.

Fingers crossed.  Hope the whole ****ing season goes tits up, zero fans in stadiums, clubs bust all over the place. 

Bet we get Rovers at Starks park on Friday October 16th....

Would be great if we are allowed to the game but with no sales, Ann Budge hands all the away tickets back to Rovers about 20mins before kickoff...

Be great to see the cameras pan from an empty away stand to that pr*ck of a Rovers chairman..

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

A pretty accurate summary of where Scottish Football is and you are  quite possibly correct in suggesting that it will not change.

Where I disagree with you though is that I see what you highlight as a means to spur me on to try and make the club I support and always will to be even stronger and challenge those at the top.

Hearts have a big fan base and can make that even bigger by sticking together and continuing to contribute via FOH and season tickets, buying club merchandise and using all the hospitality facilities as much as possible.

With the right management and the funding we have at our disposal we can challenge them despite their attempts to knock us back.

If you want to give up and help fund the likes of Sky Sports then that is your choice but it wont be mine as  I will be out there cheering on my team and not giving up.

I totally understand and respect your position. I just do not like playing cards when the deck Is stacked against me. If we want a different result, we need to change some fundamentals. The continued drop off of the fan base in Scotland will, I suppose eventually lead to some slow change. Probably too late.

That is why we need to investigate the possibility of joining the English pyramid set up. (Separate thread). It has two advantages.

1. We play in a league system that would allow Hearts to fulfil their true potential (given time).

2. The act of jumping will force reconstruction of the Scottish game and governance structure.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )