SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I wouldn't say they were biased, just living in denial if they think they don't have the ability to exert power over the so called governing bodies of Scottish Football.  The position we are currently in as a club is entirely down to the footballing authorities bowing to the will of Celtic to have the league called early, so they got their 9iar and secured their Champions League place.

exactly. Rangers proposal to the SPFL of pausing the season, giving teams the minimum amount of money they could get for finishing so they have money to keep them going, then when they can finish the league and give out the rest of the money was the most sensible option at the time and even more sensible looking back now. But the SPFL ensured that it could never be put to the clubs. Because Celtic want their 9iar (and I imagine Lawell gets a nice bonus for that.)

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Unknown user
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Motherwll and Aberdeen have been given them for being awarded 3rd and 4th place.

**** that, let's take them to court!

SectionDJambo
50 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Best laugh of the day

Celtic fan site talking about the rejection of the proposition allowing the power to make decisions lie with the SPFL board as clubs do not trust Lawwell

'Lawwell is only one member of a large SPFL board and to think that Celtic would inappropriately exert power, or even have the ability to, is rather absurd.' 

Honestly how biased are they ?

They have slowly, but surely, taken over control of Scottish football, taking full advantage of Rangers’ demise.

Whether or not they like to be addressed as such, they are the establishment now, and we are the rebels.

We've been called rebels a few times, by their lackies in the Scottish press, in the last few months. 😉

Hopefully we take the whole house down eventually.

Bazzas right boot

Lawell- celtic top bhoy. 

He's also A tory donor. 

Celtic fans display banner "no tories welcome" a parkhead. 

Mention that to any celtic fan when they start their political pish and their reaction is hilarious. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or to put it simply Dave. Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

Exactly. 🥴

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

exactly. Rangers proposal to the SPFL of pausing the season, giving teams the minimum amount of money they could get for finishing so they have money to keep them going, then when they can finish the league and give out the rest of the money was the most sensible option at the time and even more sensible looking back now. But the SPFL ensured that it could never be put to the clubs. Because Celtic want their 9iar (and I imagine Lawell gets a nice bonus for that.)

Doncaster's mind was made up for him by Lawell.  Every alternative solution that was put up was immediately shot down.   There was only ever one outcome, which was what Peter wanted.

When are we allowed to start pre-season training? Seems that this has been overlooked but it is staggering to me that its nearly August and we haven't started while many clubs have.

9 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

When are we allowed to start pre-season training? Seems that this has been overlooked but it is staggering to me that its nearly August and we haven't started while many clubs have.

A question that the fans keep asking and one that you can be sure the club won't be.

Not until we get reinstated on Monday. 😉

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

The championship season starts mid October, elite football as recommended by the sfa only includes top flight clubs. 

This was all agreed several weeks ago, if you are staggered it's because you've been sleeping, don't care or being an arse. 

What's another name for a Rooster? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, Homme said:

Doncaster took more money from the SPFL than 28 of the 42 clubs last year. 

Astonishing! 

One wonders why that little gem isn't more widely known.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lawell- celtic top bhoy. 

He's also A tory donor.

It may be the devil, it may be the lord, but you’re  still gonna have to serve SOMEBODY - Bob Dylan

Edited by JimmyCant

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely

I remember discussing that with another poster on here. Its clear that Celtic took advantage of Rangers downfall to build up their power in Scottish football. And its not just in the SPFL and SFA, but in the media as well. Thats not to say Rangers are downtrodden, they have some power as well, but Celtic have carefully built up everything so that they can have influence over things. Thats what the biggest irony in all this is, Celtic fans rail against the establishment, make out they are the downtrodden underdogs fighting against the system but they are the establishment in Scotland. Sadly they also control the narrative so people outside Scotland often see Celtic as rebel poet and not as they are the fat cat bully.

Exactly and whilst they sometimes publicly ‘condemn’ the Green Brigade, the Green Brigade privately are very important to them commercially. The occasional UEFA fine is more than offset by the revenue gained at home and abroad by cultivating their ‘rebel’ status. Odious organisation. 

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lawell- celtic top bhoy. 

He's also A tory donor. 

Celtic fans display banner "no tories welcome" a parkhead. 

Mention that to any celtic fan when they start their political pish and their reaction is hilarious. 

My Celtic mate wants Lawell out of the club.

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

My Celtic mate wants Lawell out of the club.

Same here. Known for penny pinching when it comes to transfers and wages

Not going to link it but Davie Provans article in the Sun is quite something today, not being paying much attention but never had him down as agreeing with us.

19 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not going to link it but Davie Provans article in the Sun is quite something today, not being paying much attention but never had him down as agreeing with us.

Just read it and yes spot on calling it how it is. Didnt have much time for him but that's as honest and accurate an account of the circumstances as you will find. Only question is how does he know that  arbitration are " odds on to side with the league" as he has put it.

Edited by Heartbeat

1 minute ago, Heartbeat said:

Just read it and yes spot on calling it how it is. Didnt have much time for him but that's as honest and accurate an account of the circumstances as you will find. Only question is how does he know that  arbitration are " odds on to side with the league" as he has put it.

Not sure he does know or even that outcome is possible from some posts from people with more legal knowledge than me, but he def has got the situation right.

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Je vous remercie, Monsieur.

🇫🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Prenez une chambre, putaines

8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m not sure his position is overpaid. He’s overpaid because he’s incompetent and needs sacking but the SPFL ceo is always going to be on a decent wedge.

As for him earning more than numerous Scottish clubs, given that half of this thread has been spent talking about how tinpot most of them are and half of them shouldn’t be professional, I don’t see the relevance of that 

The position isn't overpaid, its underrecruited.

£400k seems about right of it attracts the right person.

Another way to do it would be a purely administrative role (which is how Doncaster plays it) on a much lower salary, and sign a commission based deal with someone like Matchrom, who take a cut of all revenue they bring in. And I'd guarantee they'd bring in more than Doncaster and his babysitter, Lawwel.

Whatsthefuture
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

Spot on!  I made the point several million pages ago (slight exaggeration) that a club like Brechin has an annual turnover that is lower than my local corner shop, yet they can vote on decisions that can jeopardise a full time professional club with hundreds of employees.

I made a point very early on in this fiasco that it is time that we ended the scenario whereby the tail is wagging the dog.   Tinpot clubs with tinpot Chairmen should have no influence over how the professional game is run in Scotland.  It's an absolute joke that we have 42 clubs in the professional leagues.  England has 92 clubs in their league system, they also have a population that is 11 times that of Scotland.  They have clubs in their National League who attract average crowds that would surpass the total of our entire League 2 crowds, and might even eat into a lot of our League 1 crowds.  In fact, the best supported National League sides would  have a bigger fan base than a lot of Premiership sides in Scotland.

Rob, it’s never been the mix of a board for myself rather the independence. The whole debacle has been skewed by self interest and I can understand that from my own club’s perspective. Scottish football shall never offer a level playing field unless  clubs are out with the decision making policy. This would not stop clubs being part of working groups or project specific topics and final decisions taken by a board. 

Feldy Jambo
18 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What we need to do is not ban football, but ban McDonald’s, chippys, cigarettes, and sugary drinks, and nationalise gyms / subsidise gym memberships making daily fitness free of charge or low cost for the entire population - costs to the taxpayer would be minimal and would save fortunes for the NHS over decades, we’d see such an improvement in public health that you completely offset coronavirus by cutting obesity, diabetes and cancer all of which are caused by an overall non physically or mentally fit population. We need more football and sport, not less. 

The reason the U.K. and USA are the worst hit is because FACT: we have the highest obesity, cancer and diabetes rates caused by unhealthy culture and lifestyle. Why nobody talks about this and instead just blames trump or in Scotland’s case blames boris / England - it’s all barking up the wrong tree. These are things we can actually DO something about and part of it starts with 11 players, a ball, grass, and another 11 players - football is literally part of the long term solution not part of the problem with this virus.

Shut pubs, shut restaurants, ban unhealthy food and SURGE people out on to the football pitches, rugby pitches, squash courts, swimming pools. Get the national fitness and diet sorted. We CANNOT stop people from catching viruses or control it but we CAN surge the national fitness levels and sort out the fact that 30-50% of our population is either obese, alcoholic, smokers or otherwise dreadfully unhealthy. So let’s ban the one thing that can get folk fit, sport?

Spot on. Professor Leitch needs to read this. 

Phil D. Corners
15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Another way to do it would be a purely administrative role (which is how Doncaster plays it) on a much lower salary, and sign a commission based deal with someone like Matchrom, who take a cut of all revenue they bring in. And I'd guarantee they'd bring in more than Doncaster and his babysitter, Lawwel.

I agree with this...  it’s the not the amount we pay that is the problem, it’s the value on the return we get that’s poor. 

Poor TV deal, compared to English football. No sponsorship. Lack of strategy or fresh ideas for the future. And that one team is about to win 10 in a row. To think he argues that it’s a members organisation, but it’s an organisation where only one member, maybe a second, have a chance of success. We are right to take it to court. 

Rogue Daddy
50 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

I’ve found that most players and managers side with us eg. John Collins, Andy Walker are another couple of eye openers. It just seems to be the bitter media twats and a few no-mark chairmen can’t get their heads around the fact we’ve been hugely shat on. 

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I’ve found that most players and managers side with us eg. John Collins, Andy Walker are another couple of eye openers. It just seems to be the bitter media twats and a few no-mark chairmen can’t get their heads around the fact we’ve been hugely shat on. 

The media are a laughing stock, end off.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, luckydug said:

How did the 12.00 press conference

go ? 🤔 

Some folk were taking you serious too  😂😂

I know, sorry :rofl:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
50 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Barry Hearn is the sort of person Scottish football needs. Won’t ever happen though

32 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I agree with this...  it’s the not the amount we pay that is the problem, it’s the value on the return we get that’s poor. 

Poor TV deal, compared to English football. No sponsorship. Lack of strategy or fresh ideas for the future. And that one team is about to win 10 in a row. To think he argues that it’s a members organisation, but it’s an organisation where only one member, maybe a second, have a chance of success. We are right to take it to court. 

Pedantic point mate, we can no longer compare to English, that ship sailed early 90s. Crap TV deal compared to Dutch, Belgian, Scandinavians, Swiss...

More viewers than almost all and certainly by capita, two teams with - broke - genuine international appeal, a genuine passion to our game and marketability such as being the birthplace of football.

But our deal, setup etc lag behind even 2nd and 3rd tier nations.

There is technically less money in our game now than in early 90s! Yes the deal is bigger, buy hasn't grown at or above rate of outgoings.

Teams like ourselves and Aberdeen were paying larger transfer fees almost 30 years ago than we can now. Is there another nation in the world where this is the case????

8 hours ago, Homme said:

Rangers have had an official on the board most recently and even he couldn't contain the influence Celtic have on our game. It's everywhere. 

When Rangers collapsed they managed to get placemen almost everywhere. They are what Rangers were and what Rangers want to be again. 

Precisely.

tambothejambo

Davie Provan in the sun

ENGLAND’S Premier League will complete its fixture list for the season on Sunday.

When our own SPFL were raising the white flag, Europe’s serious football countries took on Covid-19 and got the job done.

Liverpool's players celebrate with the English Premier League trophy

It was one in the eye for cynics who said it couldn’t be done.

Let’s be honest, there were some among us desperate to see England’s top flight fall on its face.

It would have justified the SPFL’s decision to throw in the towel. The moral high ground was a sellout.

A sanctimonious queue formed accusing the big leagues of risking players’ lives in order to honour broadcasting deals.

Cowdenbeath chief Donald Findlay

Cowdenbeath chairman Donald Findlay reckoned it was immoral playing football at this time and put it down to money.

He should have been a detective. You can bet cash was the driver, but here’s the rub.

Despite the hundreds of games played throughout Europe recently, not one player has come to harm.

If our own clubs hadn’t been so desperate to get their grubby hands on prize money, the Scottish season could have been played out in a safe environment.

Yet here we are, just six days ahead of the 2020-21 kick off, and we still don’t know which clubs will make up the four divisions.

Is it any wonder outsiders ridicule our game?

And when clubs can’t be trusted to follow simple testing procedures, what chance do we have?

While German players were getting results back in hours, ours are waiting up to FIVE DAYS for results from an English lab.

St Mirren are in lockdown

The Covid outbreak at St Mirren will see clubs revert to testing players twice a week. They should have been doing that all along.

But, set against the tribunal currently deciding the fate of Hearts and Partick Thistle, Covid-19 testing is a side issue.

No apologies for revisiting the treatment of that pair. Even by SPFL standards, the relegation of the Jambos and Jags was criminal.

Equally disappointing was the refusal of the legal system to hear their case.

A proper court case would have seen SPFL Board members obliged to give evidence.

Who knows, Neil Doncaster might have had to cough up the content of THATconversation with John Nelms, which saw Dundee hit reverse gear.

Instead, a three-man Hampden arbitration panel is odds-on to side with the SPFL.

To avoid postponing the new season, Hearts and Thistle will be offered a few quid in compensation and told to run along.

Hearts owner Ann Budge
Hearts owner Ann Budge

And, if anything sums up the brutal treatment of two of our oldest clubs, it has been the reaction of the SFA.

Before a decision on their fate had been reached, the governing body charged both clubs for breaching SFA rules.

What a malicious, vindictive shower they are.

What was Ann Budge supposed to do? Take a multi-million pound hit with a smile on her face.

Was Firhill chair Jacqui Low expected to accept Thistle’s ludicrous relegation in the Corinthian spirit? Do me a favour.

Despite the obvious injustice in all of this, the SFA were still determined to put the boot in.

Comically, they can fine the clubs up to £500,000 for fighting their corner.

In the absence of SFA president Rod Petrie, shouldn’t we know who made the decision to go after both clubs?

Was it acting president, the over-promoted Mike Mulraney of mighty Alloa Athletic?

Or might it be Scarlet Pimpernel chief executive Ian Maxwell?

Problem is, we’ll never know. Hampden transparency is as rare as hens’ teeth.

In this young millennium isn’t it time they binned the old “a Hampden spokesman” nonsense and accepted accountability?

Instead of witch-hunting Hearts and Thistle they should be erecting a new Hall of Shame board on Hampden’s sixth floor.

It would include the names of the 26 teams who voted anonymously against a league reconstruction that would have helped their fellow clubs.

The treatment of Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers shouldn’t be forgotten either, reconstruction would have offered the pair a place in the SPFL while recognising the worth of the pyramid system.

But that would have meant clubs taking a small financial hit. Predictably, the rump of the SPFL pulled up the drawbridge instead.

For all the nauseating talk of The Football Family, it’s still every man for himself in Mount Florida.

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Barry Hearn is the sort of person Scottish football needs. Won’t ever happen though

He is. There's no way the status quo fans who have their claws in our game bring him in. There's little chance he'd want involved with them either.

There must be someone out there like him though. Not saying him per se but a Fireworks Phil type CEO. Basically we need a marketeer not an accountant in charge.

We want Vince McMahon, not John Major.

5 minutes ago, tambothejambo said:

Davie Provan in the sun

ENGLAND’S Premier League will complete its fixture list for the season on Sunday.

When our own SPFL were raising the white flag, Europe’s serious football countries took on Covid-19 and got the job done.

Let’s be honest, there were some among us desperate to see England’s top flight fall on its face.

It would have justified the SPFL’s decision to throw in the towel. The moral high ground was a sellout.

A sanctimonious queue formed accusing the big leagues of risking players’ lives in order to honour broadcasting deals.

Cowdenbeath chairman Donald Findlay reckoned it was immoral playing football at this time and put it down to money.

He should have been a detective. You can bet cash was the driver, but here’s the rub.

Despite the hundreds of games played throughout Europe recently, not one player has come to harm.

If our own clubs hadn’t been so desperate to get their grubby hands on prize money, the Scottish season could have been played out in a safe environment.

Yet here we are, just six days ahead of the 2020-21 kick off, and we still don’t know which clubs will make up the four divisions.

And when clubs can’t be trusted to follow simple testing procedures, what chance do we have?

While German players were getting results back in hours, ours are waiting up to FIVE DAYS for results from an English lab.

The Covid outbreak at St Mirren will see clubs revert to testing players twice a week. They should have been doing that all along.

But, set against the tribunal currently deciding the fate of Hearts and Partick Thistle, Covid-19 testing is a side issue.

No apologies for revisiting the treatment of that pair. Even by SPFL standards, the relegation of the Jambos and Jags was criminal.

A proper court case would have seen SPFL Board members obliged to give evidence.

Who knows, Neil Doncaster might have had to cough up the content of THATconversation with John Nelms, which saw Dundee hit reverse gear.

Instead, a three-man Hampden arbitration panel is odds-on to side with the SPFL.

To avoid postponing the new season, Hearts and Thistle will be offered a few quid in compensation and told to run along.

Hearts owner Ann Budge
Hearts owner Ann Budge

And, if anything sums up the brutal treatment of two of our oldest clubs, it has been the reaction of the SFA.

Before a decision on their fate had been reached, the governing body charged both clubs for breaching SFA rules.

What was Ann Budge supposed to do? Take a multi-million pound hit with a smile on her face.

Was Firhill chair Jacqui Low expected to accept Thistle’s ludicrous relegation in the Corinthian spirit? Do me a favour.

Despite the obvious injustice in all of this, the SFA were still determined to put the boot in.

In the absence of SFA president Rod Petrie, shouldn’t we know who made the decision to go after both clubs?

Was it acting president, the over-promoted Mike Mulraney of mighty Alloa Athletic?

In this young millennium isn’t it time they binned the old “a Hampden spokesman” nonsense and accepted accountability?

Instead of witch-hunting Hearts and Thistle they should be erecting a new Hall of Shame board on Hampden’s sixth floor.

It would include the names of the 26 teams who voted anonymously against a league reconstruction that would have helped their fellow clubs.

The treatment of Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers shouldn’t be forgotten either, reconstruction would have offered the pair a place in the SPFL while recognising the worth of the pyramid system.

But that would have meant clubs taking a small financial hit. Predictably, the rump of the SPFL pulled up the drawbridge instead.

For all the nauseating talk of The Football Family, it’s still every man for himself in Mount Florida.

Oof. Still dinny like him!!

There are two reasons why this has taken so long :

1 it’s a legal consideration and arbitration panel feel it can only be ratified in a court due to it being a test case and setting precedent. 
2 There is a challenge on the compensation amount and a fourth we independent review is required to attest the financial recourse being sought. 

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We want Vince McMahon, not John Major.

There’ll be no chance in hell of that happening.

I’ll get me coat...

Italian Lambretta

This is Scottish Football summed up in one sentence

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, Heartbeat said:

I suspect that although Hearts and Partick Thistle are in the right and should be re-instated, it may simply come down to the fact that the little guys, Hearts and Partick cannot be seen to get one over on the big guys, the SPFL/SFA, 'for the overall good of the game.'    Hopefully my suspicions will be proved wrong though.

Deans Jambo
26 minutes ago, tambothejambo said:

Davie Provan in the sun

Hearts owner Ann Budge
Hearts owner Ann Budge

Wow! DP on our side, wow!

Nail on the head as well. 

2 hours ago, steve123 said:

That will be the 3rd time he has written about agreeing with us through this sorry saga.

This whole sorry affair has all but ruined what ever reputation the Scottish game had as a footballing nation. We are now, if we weren’t all ready, a complete back water, a side show to fill the numbers. Minnows of the football world. 

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It's also wrong in this case, it's not a 'Hampden' panel. Other than this mistake, Provan (or his ghost writer) is pretty much on the money.

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely

I remember discussing that with another poster on here. Its clear that Celtic took advantage of Rangers downfall to build up their power in Scottish football. And its not just in the SPFL and SFA, but in the media as well. Thats not to say Rangers are downtrodden, they have some power as well, but Celtic have carefully built up everything so that they can have influence over things. Thats what the biggest irony in all this is, Celtic fans rail against the establishment, make out they are the downtrodden underdogs fighting against the system but they are the establishment in Scotland. Sadly they also control the narrative so people outside Scotland often see Celtic as rebel poet and not as they are the fat cat bully.

I'd also call them flat track bully as well. 

40 minutes ago, tambothejambo said:

Davie Provan in the sun

Hearts owner Ann Budge
Hearts owner Ann Budge

Wow - has Provan been reading JKB? Did someone ghost-write this for him? The plot thickens!

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, steve123 said:

He's been consistently on ours and Partick's side over this.  As has Andy Walker. 

It can only mean the end of days! 

13 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

There are two reasons why this has taken so long :

1 it’s a legal consideration and arbitration panel feel it can only be ratified in a court due to it being a test case and setting precedent. 
2 There is a challenge on the compensation amount and a fourth we independent review is required to attest the financial recourse being sought. 

I beg to differ at this time.

It has been obvious from the start that the SPFL/SFA have wanted to kick the can down the road for as long as possible to try and have the SPL started before any outcome to the forced relegations can be completed.

I would not be at all surprised of the DU/RR & CR QC is not even 50% through his endless droning.

It is now 15 weeks since the April 10th request to complete the vote which was "the only way" to enable all 42 clubs to receive any monies to keep them afloat.

The fact that the day was "Good Friday" is most certainly not lost on me. 

The  SPFL/SFA think that they are a law unto themselves and have little to no respect of the actual law of the land.

Your 2 part scenario may become true but I think not at this time. This may occur if we find ourselves back in the CoS which will be after the SPL 01/08/2020 kickoff.  

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

It's also wrong in this case, it's not a 'Hampden' panel. Other than this mistake, Provan (or his ghost writer) is pretty much on the money.

It is not necessarily a mistake. If we lose the case and the summation is a 2-line press release from someone at Hampden then we will all be saying the same. The secrecy that surrounds decisions at the SFA (and SPFL) is what is killing the game. It is so last century. It must be ended.

Jamstomorrow
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

This whole sorry affair has all but ruined what ever reputation the Scottish game had as a footballing nation. We are now, if we weren’t all ready, a complete back water, a side show to fill the numbers. Minnows of the football world. 

From my experiences when travelling, nobody gives a flying wallenda with regard to the current situation and Scottish football in general.  Our taking the SPFL to the CoS, etc. was not news in England, never mind further afield.  Why people say the situation makes our game a laughing stock all over the world is laughable in itself.   Nobody cares!

Leveins Battalion

Surely a case of this importance and magnitude would mean that this is being worked on throughout the weekend?

I dont believe they have all packed up and headed home at 4.30 on Friday and that's it till Monday.

Everyone involved will be well aware of the ramifications of this utter nonsense.

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It is not necessarily a mistake. If we lose the case and the summation is a 2-line press release from someone at Hampden then we will all be saying the same. The secrecy that surrounds decisions at the SFA (and SPFL) is what is killing the game. It is so last century. It must be ended.

One of ABs big calls whilst on the board was for greater transparency. Look how long she lasted 🤔

Diadora Van Basten

Considering we haven’t qualified for a major tournament since 1998 you would think if any country needed change then it is Scotland.

The euros have increased the number of countries that can take part and both Northern Ireland and Wales managed to qualify despite having no professional league we failed and are probably likely to fail again. 

Instead the decision makers In Scottish Football are determined to maintain the status quo with the predictable outcome that Celtic and Rangers will win the league for the foreseeable future and Scotland will continue to fail.

When Celtic first achieved 9 in a row it was a much better achievement as the financial disparity between clubs was much less than it is now and as a result more clubs had a chance of winning the title. 

32 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yeah.  All the punters seem to be basing this on a footballing issue, its not. If the panel find in our favour we will be returned to Premiership.   The SPFL will have to decide how they do that.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )