SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Weren't playoffs for promotion/demotion to the bottom league also SFA yet that was cancelled to end the season?  Can't mix and match their standards - either both are cancelled or none are.

Not enough made of this Tbh. 

The pic n mix way it was concluded was ridiculous. 

If we had even played to 33 games and the play offs still went ahead as normal I could almost say it was as fair as possible given the circumstances. 

Almost. 

That could all  have easily been done in a month, if not 2-3 weeks. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Phil D. Corners
19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If we are reinstated then there is no way we will be able to play for weeks, given we have had no pre-season due to our current situation, not to mention furloughing etc. 

How will that work ? 

Season would have to be delayed. Simple. 

Be interesting to see what award the Arbitrator could make in this case as it could lead to millions of compo being paid out(which may have some bearing on the final decision)

Reinstatement is the fairest option but creates fixture issues, plus both PTFC & our legal costs would have to be met.

Compo could be £8mil plus £2mil plus Our legal costs would have to be met.

Expulsion upheld is the cheapest option, So let’s hope Doncaster has ****** up somewhere along the lines & our legal team have played a blinder.

I think Arbitration costs are shared?

Edited by sac
Spelling

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not enough made of this Tbh. 

The pic n mix way it was concluded was ridiculous. 

If we had even played to 33 games and the play offs still went ahead as normal I could almost say it was as fair as possible given the circumstances. 

Almost. 

That could all  have easily been done in a month, if not 2-3 weeks. 

The SPFLdefinitely could have made time to finish the season. Whether or not they'd have been competent enough to manage the testing and tight schedule is another thing. I'm going to go with probably not, judging by the testing farce involving Hibs, Rangers and St Mirren.

ManxandCapeTownJambo

lot of wishful thinking going on here

it was just the media who suggested there would be a result by Friday

The case may be near a conclusion now or may not be

For once I agree with LFHearts it is highly unlikely we will be reinstated

it is impossible we will be awarded £10M compensation

That would bankrupt Scottish football

The best we can hope for imo is some small compensation but to be honest it is more likely

if we don't win the case that we will actually be fined or have other sanctions taken against us

for taking them Court

Time will tell

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
34 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

They seem to have managed to keep their traps shut all week though.

If they didn't, they would be in contempt.

That might only be because they know no more than the rest of us.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

An old friend of mine knows Bonner well and says he is actually a nice bloke. I'll take his word for it.

He’s probably right. Folk are completely different away from football, it’s escapism. An ex girlfriends dad and I used to bicker every time we met, I couldn’t stand the guy (he was a Tim) then we agreed football was off the agenda and actually started liking each other.

His daughter turned out to be a right cow though. 😂 

Edited by GinRummy

48 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Bizarre statement ........nap conclusion.    

I have no inside knowledge but I have to believe we’ll be ok. We are in the right and if the arbitrators can’t see that we’ll just go back to the court of session and take the SPFL, SFA and the Arbitration Panel for misuse of power and being criminally corrupt in their judgements. And we will win I have plenty of experience in SFA appeals & court cases and in my opinion our opponent’s haven’t a leg to stand on.

Phil D. Corners
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

SKY will not entertain that.....

We weren’t asking! 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

An old friend of mine knows Bonner well and says he is actually a nice bloke. I'll take his word for it.

He is Celtic through and through, does not pretend to be anything else, but at the same time he does not come across as anti anything.  

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The spfl has publicly stated they can’t reconstruct the league without the necessary votes. If we are staying up then united stay down I’d think. 

Not sure if that was just bluster on their part .....

I may be wrong  ...... but if we've "won", then they simply have to tell the clubs the bad financial impact facing them if they vote down a new resolution. And if they do vote it down, the C3 will be raising an action against the SPFL which will cost them even more money.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Not sure if that was just bluster on their part .....

I may be wrong  ...... but if we've "won", then they simply have to tell the clubs the bad financial impact facing them if they vote down a new resolution. And if they do vote it down, the C3 will be raising an action against the SPFL which will cost them even more money.

I hope so. 14 is and always has been the obvious solution. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Championship manages 44 games and the playoffs every season. 

Lower divisions normally play 46 and the extra cup as well. 

So all the hysteria is mince! Just catching up on sportsound and all the claptrap about not being able to restart the league if that was indeed necessary! 3 months and they still have learned nothing........no one knows anything even when it has explicitly been answered by someone with actual knowledge!

niblick1874

Nobody knows nothing but sill they come on here spouting shit. Bunch of idiots. I am now going to tell everyone on here what has been going on, AND what will be. Before I start I want everyone to know I am sick of it all. We will Lose. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He was a fantastic goalkeeper as well. At a time when the league was often full of them - Bonner, Snelders, Goram, Smith, Woods, Leighton... christ standards have dropped.

Richard Gordon not even considering there may have been a form of collusion between the SPFL and SFA when coming up with the resolution to end the season.

38 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

You have checked this???

Checked what?

They do play 38 games, what's to check?

There are more teams hence rounds in cup competitions?

They do, on the whole, last longer than July in Europe!

Is there a point?

This lasting until the week of the season opening is exactly what the SPFL want. If we are to win then it makes it almost impossible for the league to start and all the anger will be directed at us and not the SPFL. They’ll say it is impossible to reinstate us due to broadcast commitments. 

4 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Nobody knows nothing but sill they come on here spouting shit. Bunch of idiots. I am now going to tell everyone on here what has been going on, AND what will be. Before I start I want everyone to know I am sick of it all. We will Lose. 

Who’s been saying they know anything?

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I hope so. 14 is and always has been the obvious solution. 

But that means half a dozen teams miss out on their additional OF home game and Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone the opportunity to give up virtually their whole stadiums to their (the OF) fans.

As does 13.

If we are reinstated, United will be thrown under the bus.

And with them turning down reconstruction twice, clubs will have that reason to justify too.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Celtic 

Your right it used to be David Murray and Rangers now Peter Lawwell and Celtic have taken over the madhouse.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

But that means half a dozen teams miss out on their additional OF home game and Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone the opportunity to give up virtually their whole stadiums to their fans.

It’s pathetic eh?

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Who runs Scottish Football Sky or Scottish Football. 

At the moment, that will be Sky, with a little help from Peter Lawell and Celtic.

I still struggle to understand what the C3 are there for and can only think it is to convince the panel that we deserve and should have been relegated, if this is the case and if we win I will be happy for them to be put back in their previous divisions.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, dallan said:

I still struggle to understand what the C3 are there for and can only think it is to convince the panel that we deserve and should have been relegated, if this is the case and if we win I will be happy for them to be put back in their previous divisions.

Delay things and cost us even more money in lawyer fees.

Heartsofgold

To all those saying compensation.  Please , please, please understand this very simple fact, as I put on my previous post on this thread...

The law, whether via the CoS or an Arbitration panel, will by its very nature, right a wrong BEFORE that wrong has actually OCCURRED!!!  Only if an action has occurred do the courts go to a punative/damages/compensation stage.

The league has not kicked off yet and so the actual wrong (ie the Dundee vote being declared a valid and countable voter at the time), if the panel so decides this is the case, has not yet occurred or is yet irredeemable and it is therefore not impossible for them to order reinstatement up to kick off on Saturday 1st August.  They will not give 1 chocolate dick covered in sprinkles that to reinstate us, PT and Stranraer will cause the SPFL significant difficulties and may actually open the door to further litigation from the currently promoted clubs.  I repeat....they will not ****ing care!!!  They are making a decision based in and on case law not the practicalities or difficulties that their ruling may cause.  It is then up to the SPFL to work out what to do.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If we are reinstated, United will be thrown under the bus.

And with them turning down reconstruction twice, clubs will have that reason to justify too.

I will have sympathy for D Utd in a sporting sense as they were going to win the title but I'd still laugh my head off if this happens and, as you say, they couldn't exactly complain about the outcome, having voted to both end the league too early and not to have reconstruction in the full knowledge that both those actions would lead to legal action. I kind of want this to happen to teach them a painful yet hilarious lesson.

Edited by ToqueJambo

18 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Had a good afternoon!!!

7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

To all those saying compensation.  Please , please, please understand this very simple fact, as I put on my previous post on this thread...

The law, whether via the CoS or an Arbitration panel, will by its very nature, right a wrong BEFORE that wrong has actually OCCURRED!!!  Only if an action has occurred do the courts go to a punative/damages/compensation stage.

The league has not kicked off yet and so the actual wrong (ie the Dundee vote being declared a valid and countable voter at the time), if the panel so decides this is the case, has not yet occurred or is yet irredeemable and it is therefore not impossible for them to order reinstatement up to kick off on Saturday 1st August.  They will not give 1 chocolate dick covered in sprinkles that to reinstate us, PT and Stranraer will cause the SPFL significant difficulties and may actually open the door to further litigation from the currently promoted clubs.  I repeat....they will not ****ing care!!!  They are making a decision based in and on case law not the practicalities or difficulties that their ruling may cause.  It is then up to the SPFL to work out what to do.

Something the media completely fail to grasp.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

SKY will not entertain that.....

Robbie Williams would. 

Lone Striker
20 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Hmmm.... double negative.  So you're saying that somebody knows something ?

:levein_interesting:

25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Who runs Scottish Football Sky or Scottish Football. 

Septic guy Lawell!

niblick1874

How about this possibility.

We have not got all we asked for.

Have you anything you can be getting on with while we wait for them to give you what you are missing?

We think we can go for three or four days before we will get to the point where we can go no further without receiving what we have asked for.

We are now at a point where we can go no further without being given what the court ordered them to give us.

Do you have with you what you have been ordered to give by the court?

No. 

Then we see no way we can go any further here and we have no choice but to hand it back to where this came from. 

Just a thought.  

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Which is weird, right? Why not? I mean this would be over 4 days quicker and it's only 1, 2 weekends max. You'd think timescales as they are, weekends wouldn't be out the question on occasions like this

We are talking about lawyers. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Hmmm.... double negative.  So you're saying that somebody knows something ?

:levein_interesting:

Somebody knows something but they are not telling anybody that knows nothing anything. 

26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

This lasting until the week of the season opening is exactly what the SPFL want. If we are to win then it makes it almost impossible for the league to start and all the anger will be directed at us and not the SPFL. They’ll say it is impossible to reinstate us due to broadcast commitments. 

I do not think they are that keen on  football without fans (no money in it) any delay would be welcome as long as Sky not offended.

24 minutes ago, dallan said:

They are there to do exactly what we are there for which is to look after their interests. If it were the other way round I'd expect we'd be doing the same

Leveins Battalion

Football without fans is the norm for most clubs in Scotland outwidth The old Firm and Hearts.

niblick1874
37 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who’s been saying they know anything?

18 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Had a good afternoon!!!

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nobody knows except him,himself and he.

4 hours ago, Reid1874 said:

So much shite gets spewed on here, nobody knows till they tell us officially 😴😴😴😴😴 boring now!!! The way the pandemic is going by October/November football will have been stopped once more possibly and we will all be back in our houses! Much drama on the horizon never mind football! 

Edited by niblick1874

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

I also wanted us re-instated ... but have re-considered things due to the simple time practicalities.

I know full well why I follow Hearts  - and I don't want to see our players rushed into playing competitive matches without proper preparation, thereby increasing the risk of injury.   

Reinstatement could be done with us having to catch up. 

But could also mean a totally rejigged season eg 33 games.

Would the Championship 27 game vote need to be done again? 

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, H2 said:

A summary of 1712 pages.....:waiting:

An utter shitshow with no-one having any real clue as to what is going on,

51 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

lot of wishful thinking going on here

it was just the media who suggested there would be a result by Friday

The case may be near a conclusion now or may not be

For once I agree with LFHearts it is highly unlikely we will be reinstated

it is impossible we will be awarded £10M compensation

That would bankrupt Scottish football

The best we can hope for imo is some small compensation but to be honest it is more likely

if we don't win the case that we will actually be fined or have other sanctions taken against us

for taking them Court

Time will tell

I don't think they have the scope to make decisions on this basis...

Scnorthedinburgh
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

An utter shitshow with no-one having any real clue as to what is going on,

Scottish football 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )