SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think they have the scope to make decisions on this basis...

If the decision was compensation of £10m, I imagine the SPFL would very quickly seek to reinstate us instead. £10m is a massive hole in the budget when there is no guarantee of this season being completed.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It could potentially be two years in the championship if a second wave comes.

It could potentially be no football for a year or more if a second wave comes.

Feldy Jambo
1 hour ago, Rattatooi said:

There is an awful lot of optimism on this thread right now.

It scares me..!!

I think there’s a lot to be optimistic about. We potentially could stay up but if not with Robbie and JJ back and the squad we have we can get behind the team, make Tynie a fortress again where they are all sh@tting themselves to come to and win the Championship. 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

An utter shitshow with no-one having any real clue as to what is going on,

Spot on .excepting me of course!

2 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

If the vote goes in favour of hearts 

and Partick thistle then the only

sensible outcome would have to be reconstruction .To demote Dundee United is a bit harsh

Without being harsh it’s no our problem 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

This lasting until the week of the season opening is exactly what the SPFL want. If we are to win then it makes it almost impossible for the league to start and all the anger will be directed at us and not the SPFL. They’ll say it is impossible to reinstate us due to broadcast commitments. 

Then it costs them cash minimum!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

... half a dozen teams miss out on their additional OF home game and Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone the opportunity to give up virtually their whole stadiums to their (the OF) fans.

You say that like as if it's a bad thing.

7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Without being harsh it’s no our problem 

I could care less what happens to Dundee Utd, they voted to expel us and against reconstruction, twice, hope their boring lawyer bankrupts them!

48 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Hmmm.... double negative.  So you're saying that somebody knows something ?

:levein_interesting:

Only when dangling from a window!

TyphoonJambo
56 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

To all those saying compensation.  Please , please, please understand this very simple fact, as I put on my previous post on this thread...

The law, whether via the CoS or an Arbitration panel, will by its very nature, right a wrong BEFORE that wrong has actually OCCURRED!!!  Only if an action has occurred do the courts go to a punative/damages/compensation stage.

The league has not kicked off yet and so the actual wrong (ie the Dundee vote being declared a valid and countable voter at the time), if the panel so decides this is the case, has not yet occurred or is yet irredeemable and it is therefore not impossible for them to order reinstatement up to kick off on Saturday 1st August.  They will not give 1 chocolate dick covered in sprinkles that to reinstate us, PT and Stranraer will cause the SPFL significant difficulties and may actually open the door to further litigation from the currently promoted clubs.  I repeat....they will not ****ing care!!!  They are making a decision based in and on case law not the practicalities or difficulties that their ruling may cause.  It is then up to the SPFL to work out what to do.

Very very good post, and correct. It is not the APs job to make it work but it is their job yo declare it wrong. Subsequently making it work is down to the overpaid, underskilled, clueless corrupt cheating ringpieces that started of the whole shitfest which we currently find ourselves in. 

This could be fun to watch, if it didn't effect us so much 

Going back to testing for Covid by teams. £2000. A week (at least) is going to be prohibitive for a lot of clubs. That’s despite the input from Anderson. 

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Then it costs them cash minimum!

And ND his job, i hope. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

And ND his job, i hope. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

And ND his job, i hope. 

What job? You mean his money and pension!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

That's not what I was getting at, Sir G.   It was the practicality of spending the 5-6 weeks getting ou players up to a level of being able to compete in a league which will already have started ...... even if the SPFL allowed us to delay our fixtures for 5-6 weeks to do that, we'd be playing our 38 games over a much shorter time than everyone else.  Re-instatement sounds good.... but it's likely to take its toll on our team.

I think we will cope fine. Better of the choices 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, adam1998 said:

Personally I’d love us to stay up however if they didn’t delay the start we’ll suffer massively injury wise as the team will be at various fitness levels. It’s a hard choice to be honest.

it would stun Scottish football to the core if we stay up as only Hearts fans think it can happen, compensation will hurt them massively.

i just want us to get the moral victory to prove all those wrong, they talk about Sporting Integrity where we’ve seen 9 pts turned round at the top in Spain and bottom 5 saved in England etc....

whatever happens bad blood will be around for a long time to come

They will have 6 weeks to get ready. 

We need to be positive and find solutions not difficulties 

pharmaceutical01

Part of me hoping that the SPFL think that Sunday morning is the best time to drop “bad” news...🤞

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fingers crossed we’re nearly at the finishing line - this could be a monumental week for us and Scottish Football 👏

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

To all those saying compensation.  Please , please, please understand this very simple fact, as I put on my previous post on this thread...

The law, whether via the CoS or an Arbitration panel, will by its very nature, right a wrong BEFORE that wrong has actually OCCURRED!!!  Only if an action has occurred do the courts go to a punative/damages/compensation stage.

The league has not kicked off yet and so the actual wrong (ie the Dundee vote being declared a valid and countable voter at the time), if the panel so decides this is the case, has not yet occurred or is yet irredeemable and it is therefore not impossible for them to order reinstatement up to kick off on Saturday 1st August.  They will not give 1 chocolate dick covered in sprinkles that to reinstate us, PT and Stranraer will cause the SPFL significant difficulties and may actually open the door to further litigation from the currently promoted clubs.  I repeat....they will not ****ing care!!!  They are making a decision based in and on case law not the practicalities or difficulties that their ruling may cause.  It is then up to the SPFL to work out what to do.

Good point, I’m still hopeful we can win this. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

niblick1874
3 hours ago, eyesandears said:

These guys on BBC are absolutely clueless. They are asking questions of each other not none of them know the answers to. It's purile rubbish. I actually think they now need to bin this show completely.

Those that know they are selling their soul for a job (MSM) can very quickly forget all about that when surrounded by others that have sold their soul for the job. They can also turn themselves into stupid people when doing their job so as not to say the wrong thing.   

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Hmmm.... double negative.  So you're saying that somebody knows something ?

:levein_interesting:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”

Lord Beni of Gorgie
53 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Somebody knows something but they are not telling anybody that knows nothing anything. 

Somebody may know something about something but nobody knows nothing about nothing in truth anyone could know about anything but really everyone needs to be patient to find out everything 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
18 minutes ago, gator said:

I could care less what happens to Dundee Utd, they voted to expel us and against reconstruction, twice, hope their boring lawyer bankrupts them!

Couldn't*

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Somebody may know something about something but nobody knows nothing about nothing in truth anyone could know about anything but really everyone needs to be patient to find out everything 

Is that a verbatim copy of the statement the SPFL have been writing? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, R08813 said:

Is that a verbatim copy of the statement the SPFL have been writing? 

Maybe,  possibly,  but possibly not

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

What job? You mean his money and pension!

Thats the real shitholeringpiecegripper, whatever happens he'll walk away pissin himself laughing with a monstrous pension. We need a photo of him strapped across an aerdiel terrier, pdq. 

15 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Couldn't*

Thank you! Apparently Could care less is the American version which I am not!

Edited by gator

niblick1874
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Another post that should be posted at the top of every page on this thread so as the Hearts supporters that are not all over this on here do not get led down the garden path by the umpteen interlopers that are all over this thread. Great post. 

I may have asked this before - but what happens if we were to win the Scottish Cup - how do we take our rightful place in Europe, or have the European places already been handed out?

2 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

Very true. 

I found them irritating when there was football. 

Now, they are intolerable. 

Tom English, Michael Stewart, and Tam Cowan (the Motherwell guy from Off the Ball) I have got respect for. Neil McCann as well. 

Richard "Dick" Gordon? 

As suggested by someone, if he gets nailed to a wall, I'll take the family to throw the contents of our food bin at him. 

I'd have to agree with the names you've picked out.  I might not always agree with what they say, but I do believe they speak their mind and do not simply toe the party line, and for that they deserve some respect.

I'd even add Chris Sutton to that list, I might not agree with a lot he has to say, but at least he speaks his mind, and he likes to wind up that fud Craigan, which can't be a bad thing.

Edited by RobNox

niblick1874
3 hours ago, jackal said:

Sportsound keep rolling out how busy the fixture list is already so things cant/wont be changed, sorry but thats not our problem.

Are they that stupid. No. They are keeping their jobs. You can't get much lower that to take money for lying to the people. Scum.  

4 minutes ago, jambodoug said:

I may have asked this before - but what happens if we were to win the Scottish Cup - how do we take our rightful place in Europe, or have the European places already been handed out?

Motherwll and Aberdeen have been given them for being awarded 3rd and 4th place.

7 minutes ago, jambodoug said:

Is it possible that a player could win 2 medals in the final for 2 different clubs, maybe e.g. a winners and a losers, thinking specifically Jonny Hayes but there may be others?

Qualifying already handed out, competition should have started.

maroonlegions
42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well if that somebody really felt that the boy who walks his dug along Gorgie road had ITK info then surely that would be enough to ignore the wife of the man in Aldi who worked in Greggs once. The truth is out there. 

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We get injured opening a car door anyway!

J.T.F.Robertson
35 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Couldn't*

Common North American contradiction.

“Nuculer” is a mispronunciation that bugs me anaw. 😡 (I’m easily bugged)

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I have no inside knowledge but I have to believe we’ll be ok. We are in the right and if the arbitrators can’t see that we’ll just go back to the court of session and take the SPFL, SFA and the Arbitration Panel for misuse of power and being criminally corrupt in their judgements. And we will win I have plenty of experience in SFA appeals & court cases and in my opinion our opponent’s haven’t a leg to stand on.

The arbitration panels decision is final, the only way this case can go back to court is if there has been a legal irregularity or the panel has not followed the law of the land. This will be finished with after the panel gives its verdict, there are no appeals or going to court again.  The three person panel is made up of judges and lawyers with at least 10 years experience, the chances of them not knowing legal procedure is almost zero, if they had an issue with some part of company law or Scottish law then they would not be on the list of candidates for the arbitration panel. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

It may be the most practical but it's certainly not what I want. I want us reinstated, I'm sick of football finances, I don't give a stuff about them. I want to see Hearts back where they belong competing for the European places in the top league.

Anyone who wants compensation rather than that needs to reassess why they follow football imo.

I agree with you Taffin, my preference has always been to see us reinstated and I always viewed the compensation option as just a way of trying to soften the blow if for some reason we won our case but weren't reinstated.  However, I'm now coming around to the idea that relegation plus a good level of compensation might not be such a bad thing if it comes to that, though I would still prefer to be reinstated.

Who runs Scottish Football Sky or Scottish Football. 

Septic guy Lawell!

5 minutes ago, Fedupfan said:

The arbitration panels decision is final, the only way this case can go back to court is if there has been a legal irregularity or the panel has not followed the law of the land. This will be finished with after the panel gives its verdict, there are no appeals or going to court again.  The three person panel is made up of judges and lawyers with at least 10 years experience, the chances of them not knowing legal procedure is almost zero, if they had an issue with some part of company law or Scottish law then they would not be on the list of candidates for the arbitration panel. 

The chairman has at least 10 years legal experience. The other 2 might have that or might have no legal experience. This point has been done to death on here.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The first one is not masive because of the fixtures, it's a non issue. 

The big issue with reinstatement is Utd, cove and raith reactions.

Redoing the fixtures is nothing but a admin task, folk need to stop going on about this like it's a massive task. 

Also, surely if we are reinstated, there will be some money due to the calpol 3 as they were told they would be in a higher division by the spfl, no where near £10m but the spfl will surely be liable to them for some costs. 

What a ****ing mess. 

Correct, and the SPFL employs one of the highest paid administrators in the Universe, maybe even the Multiverse.

3 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Yet England play 38 league games, finishing their previous season, have more rounds of cup games and longer in Europe, extra internationals and a later new league start date and still have dry pants!

Sorry Jambo, you've made a schoolboy error there.  You are trying to compare a professionally run football league with the omnishambles that presides over the game in Scotland.

10 minutes ago, Fedupfan said:

But is it over if Dundee United are placed in the Championship? 

4 hours ago, JKBMod 3 said:

If you want to discuss the pandemic in general then do it in the shed please

👏👍🏼

4 hours ago, JKBMod 3 said:

If you want to discuss the pandemic in general then do it in the shed please

👏👍🏼

Edited by Jumper
Duplicate

airdriejambo3
20 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Is it possible that a player could win 2 medals in the final for 2 different clubs, maybe e.g. a winners and a losers, thinking specifically Jonny Hayes but there may be others?

Qualifying already handed out, competition should have started.

Aberdeen play celtic in the semi so Hayes couldnt win 2 medals. 

It’s a sign from the gods 

7.00 Doncaster tonight

wild hope 18/1 wins

Fav hibernian warrior nowhere 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👎🏻

Who runs Scottish Football Sky or Scottish Football. 

P. Lawell

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But is it over if Dundee United are placed in the Championship? 

As far as the football season is concerned - yes. They may decide to sue for compensation, but they have no legal case whatsoever to demand promotion.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

If we are reinstated then there is no way we will be able to play for weeks, given we have had no pre-season due to our current situation, not to mention furloughing etc. 

How will that work ? 

Interdict?

3 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

If you harbour reservations about it, it looks as if you could still manage to squeeze yourself doon the sides.

with a well nourished Maryhill diet & a BMI of 29 point something, trust me I wouldn't fit! 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )