SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Libertarian
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s your choice. I have lots of opinions on subjects I am not an expert in and happily share them. 

That's the point Dave we can all have opinions but unless they are informed opinions they are no more than guesses and that's what we are all doing at the moment, simply guessing what the outcome of arbitration will be.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

willie wallace

I know Doncaster phoned Aberdeen before the 5pm deadline on voting day but can't remember if he phoned Dundee before 5 asking where there vote was.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Somebody knows something but they are not telling anybody that knows nothing anything. 

:notworthy:

Hopefully we will be celebrating 🍾 good news next-week

Edited by Hairdryer
spelling

Brave Hearts
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But is it over if Dundee United are placed in the Championship? 

exactly, they will regret spending their money in a court case when they were not the victims and should have kept their money for when they are the victims and also have to take SPFL to court of session (once they ask and get permission from SFA ......)

47 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Is it possible that a player could win 2 medals in the final for 2 different clubs, maybe e.g. a winners and a losers, thinking specifically Jonny Hayes but there may be others?

Qualifying already handed out, competition should have started.

25 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Aberdeen play celtic in the semi so Hayes couldnt win 2 medals. 

But, Craig Gordon could win 2 medals, Hearts winners medal, obviously 👍

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, jambodoug said:

I may have asked this before - but what happens if we were to win the Scottish Cup - how do we take our rightful place in Europe, or have the European places already been handed out?

Yep, Celtic get it, after a democratic vote obviously, and if they dont want it they get to chose who then gets it. 

All pretty fair and above board. 

5 minutes ago, rmreido said:

But, Craig Gordon could win 2 medals, Hearts winners medal, obviously 👍

I think you only get medals if you are in the cup final squad

33 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I know Doncaster phoned Aberdeen before the 5pm deadline on voting day but can't remember if he phoned Dundee before 5 asking where there vote was.

The timeline I found says 17:39 by Doncaster to Nelms of Dundee.  

Edit:  from McCluskeys investigation https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36073/11978293/investigation-finds-no-spfl-wrongdoing-over-dundee-vote-as-rangers-call-for-independent-inquiry

Edited by HMFC01

willie wallace
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Cheers for that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Nelms of Dundee sounds like a shite furniture shop 

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

I know it's been done to death and that as soon as the vote was cast it was as good as done.  I just thought reading that timeline again from the 17:39 phone call that Nelms pretty much confirmed by mouth to the CEO of the SPFL that a no vote was sent.  With no other remarks about taking it back.  So that was also as good as confirmed surely.  Amazing still that it took nearly 3 hours to check a quarantine system.  

Edited by HMFC01

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nelms of Dundee sounds like a shite furniture shop 

He’s a shop front 

59 minutes ago, maggieb said:

hibernian  nowhere 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👎🏻

:leveinnaturalorder:

Interesting to see how the spike in cases impacts Sport in Spain? Can they play in the Champions League etc....pushes back fans in grounds Here I would assume Further cripilling the SPL teams 😂

2 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Part of me hoping that the SPFL think that Sunday morning is the best time to drop “bad” news...🤞

The SPFL might think that but it’s not up to them. The SFA will announce the ‘news’!

Borders Jambo

This is a tangent, but why do we pay Doncaster/the post he is in so much? 

Anybody know how much they pay down South.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Somebody may know something about something but nobody knows nothing about nothing in truth anyone could know about anything but really everyone needs to be patient to find out everything 

The known knowns will soon replace the unknown knowns and the known unknowns in this thread...

A number of Scottish clubs rejected SPFL plans to grant the league discretion on what to do with the 2020/21 season if there’s a second pandemic wave because of Peter Lawwell’s presence on the new board, The Scottish Daily Mail reports (25/07 print edition, page 117).

The Celtic Chief Executive was appointed to the SPFL board on Monday and journalist Stephen McGowan writes that a number of clubs were uneasy with the prospect of handing Celtic too much say on the fate of the season in such an eventuality, with ten-in-a-row on the line.

Yesterday, the league body released a statement confirming that proposals drawn up to avoid the chaos of club votes earlier in the year had been rejected.

Took that from a clubsite :sick:  

The 5 sub rule vote passed for next season.  There's also a SFA idea that they want to reduce the number of teams in the scottish cup.  112 to 52, with other numbers quoted.  

Edit:  I am thinking they want to kick us out the SC next season maybe suspend us for a few years as a disciplinary matter.  

Edited by HMFC01

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The known knowns will soon replace the unknown knowns and the known unknowns in this thread...

Yes,  but is it the vessel with the pessle that has the brew that is true.

10 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Think their last guy was £900k (£2.5m with bonuses)

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The 5 sub rule vote passed for next season.  There's also a SFA idea that they want to reduce the number of teams in the scottish cup.  112 to 2, with other numbers quoted.  

Edit:  I am thinking they want to kick us out the SC next season maybe suspend us for a few years as a disciplinary matter.  

FTFY

Holyrood_Hearts
12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The 5 sub rule vote passed for next season.  There's also a SFA idea that they want to reduce the number of teams in the scottish cup.  112 to 52, with other numbers quoted.  

The last bit of your post isn’t correct. The 52 is made up of the 42 SPFL members plus 10 clubs from the highland/Lowland league who are able to play. If more than 10 can, it goes to a draw to pick out who plays. 

The whole thing is another shambles

55 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I think you only get medals if you are in the cup final squad

Surely not ?  If Paul Hartley had been injured for the '96 final he wouldn't have got a medal? After scoring a hat trick in the semi ?  I think more than just the Final squad would get a medal, no ?

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

They will not try and kick us out the cup. If they do, they will be in court the next day.

Captain Canada

I hope the SFA kick us out the Scottish Cup for last season and this and then we take them to court as well. 

After getting excited re new season starting it bad when it takes WM to say it may not. You could feel RG sink at that point then BM weighed in with the possible options and I m thinking at last reality. May not be as simple as swop us for DUtd in fixtures as utd and hubs may both be at home same time a lot. They dont really do thinking on this show do they!

Edited by Turkishcap
Spelling

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He did indeed!

Guy couldnt get us green shield stamps 

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Put that into proportion, what percentage of the tv/sponsorship deal was this? 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Put that into proportion, what percentage of the tv/sponsorship deal was this? 

No idea. It's not a great comparison really, one guys selling Ferraris and the other guys selling Ladas

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Its a good question. I had a look and Scudamore who was head of the Premier League was paid £900,000 (though with bonuses it goes up to £2.5m. Since he took over the revenue the premier league recieves from sponsorship and TV deals went from £1.2 billion a year up to £5.5 billion a year. So up 4.5x over almost 20 years. 

Doncaster gets £400,000. Has been in the role for 11 years. When he took over the SPL got £15,000,000 (as far as I can see) a year. This year it stands to be around £25m a year. But that does not include the reductions from having to pay back money to Sky and BT over the coming seasons. So over the 11 years he has only increased income by 60% at a time when there has been so much money put into football. 

We are also going into a new season with no league sponsor, not TV deal in North America as well as other territories. 

Scottish football deserves better, the chief executive of the SPFL is supposed to maximise the revenue for the league, Doncaster has done an awful job. We need proper marketers who can sell the league, Doncaster just makes it worse.

23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Surely not ?  If Paul Hartley had been injured for the '96 final he wouldn't have got a medal? After scoring a hat trick in the semi ?  I think more than just the Final squad would get a medal, no ?

What final ?

Hartley never signed 'til 2003

2 hours ago, Fedupfan said:

The arbitration panels decision is final, the only way this case can go back to court is if there has been a legal irregularity or the panel has not followed the law of the land. This will be finished with after the panel gives its verdict, there are no appeals or going to court again.  The three person panel is made up of judges and lawyers with at least 10 years experience, the chances of them not knowing legal procedure is almost zero, if they had an issue with some part of company law or Scottish law then they would not be on the list of candidates for the arbitration panel. 

Are you sure about this ? 
I thought the opposite and we could go back to court 

31 minutes ago, Taffin said:

And a sp

33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

And a sponsor for the lge and a mega tv deal and manage to finish the lge .If only we had someone who could do the same.

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Sorry Jambo, you've made a schoolboy error there.  You are trying to compare a professionally run football league with the omnishambles that presides over the game in Scotland.

Touche!

Doing the math on this 52 team Scottish cup. 52 doesn’t keep dividing by 2 equally. It gets to 6.5. Maybe I’m wrong but how do you get to 6.5 teams? 
I’m guessing the only fair way of doing this is give Celtic a bye to the final and let every other team slug it out to meet them at Hampden 😂

don’t know how they will do the byes or at what stage teams enter. 
they really are a bloody shambles of an organisation. 
we have less teams than England and I bet they don’t balls it up. 

5 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Doing the math on this 52 team Scottish cup. 52 doesn’t keep dividing by 2 equally. It gets to 6.5. Maybe I’m wrong but how do you get to 6.5 teams? 
I’m guessing the only fair way of doing this is give Celtic a bye to the final and let every other team slug it out to meet them at Hampden 😂

52 wasn't a final figure.

4 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

40 teams play with the 20 winners meeting the 12 seeded (probably SPL) teams in the next round. That gives you 32 and from there on in its straight knockout.

4 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

The competition has probably never had a number of teams which keeps dividing by 2. Not every team plays from the first round (the Premiership and Championship teams get a bye until the 4th round for example).

1 minute ago, Rattatooi said:

40 teams play with the 20 winners meeting the 12 seeded (probably SPL) teams in the next round. That gives you 32 and from there on in its straight knockout.

That makes sense. Too hard and to many drinks to do the math. 
honestly feel the Celtic factor made more sense 

45 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

FTFY

:mwah:

41 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

The last bit of your post isn’t correct. The 52 is made up of the 42 SPFL members plus 10 clubs from the highland/Lowland league who are able to play. If more than 10 can, it goes to a draw to pick out who plays. 

The whole thing is another shambles

I heard it on the radio after off the ball, they mentioned 52, then 42, then 32.  It's only talk at the moment.  

Borders Jambo
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its a good question. I had a look and Scudamore who was head of the Premier League was paid £900,000 (though with bonuses it goes up to £2.5m. Since he took over the revenue the premier league recieves from sponsorship and TV deals went from £1.2 billion a year up to £5.5 billion a year. So up 4.5x over almost 20 years. 

Doncaster gets £400,000. Has been in the role for 11 years. When he took over the SPL got £15,000,000 (as far as I can see) a year. This year it stands to be around £25m a year. But that does not include the reductions from having to pay back money to Sky and BT over the coming seasons. So over the 11 years he has only increased income by 60% at a time when there has been so much money put into football. 

We are also going into a new season with no league sponsor, not TV deal in North America as well as other territories. 

Scottish football deserves better, the chief executive of the SPFL is supposed to maximise the revenue for the league, Doncaster has done an awful job. We need proper marketers who can sell the league, Doncaster just makes it worse.

Thanks for this and agree. Thanks also to Taffin

2 hours ago, Fedupfan said:

The arbitration panels decision is final, the only way this case can go back to court is if there has been a legal irregularity or the panel has not followed the law of the land. This will be finished with after the panel gives its verdict, there are no appeals or going to court again.  The three person panel is made up of judges and lawyers with at least 10 years experience, the chances of them not knowing legal procedure is almost zero, if they had an issue with some part of company law or Scottish law then they would not be on the list of candidates for the arbitration panel. 

it is only the chairperson who needs the 10 years legal experience. the other two might not be from the legal profession

1 hour ago, Borders Jambo said:

He gets more than the First Minster running the country 

that should sink in for everyone 

37 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

What final ?

Hartley never signed 'til 2003

Meant '06 final obviously.

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

I meant the 2006 final of course.

Benny Factor
8 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

He gets more than the First Minster running the country 

that should sink in for everyone 

Quite sure he gets paid more than Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnson combined. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )