SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Jamstomorrow
Just now, John Findlay said:

Correct.

I shall go to the top of the class.  However, I won't take my jacket as I will be back!!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Exile fae Main Street

Coming in late to this late ' scuse my ignorance, but wtf is MSM? And what's this about a knife thru the Hearts Badge?

Libertarian
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Some amount of Glasgow envy going off topic on the thread. Its a great city. Get over it and get back on topic. 

I lived in Glasgow for many years and it is indeed a great city but it's also a city in serious decline as evidenced by its decline in population. While Edinburgh continues to grow in population Glasgow is in serious trouble. The population of Edinburgh is predicted to overtake Glasgow by 2037.

1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Coming in late to this late ' scuse my ignorance, but wtf is MSM? And what's this about a knife thru the Hearts Badge?

Men who have sex with men and somebody stuck an Excalibur type sword through the big crest. If you pull it out you win loic damour. 

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Late? Theres Peebles late and "ive been living in a cave in outer Mongolia with nae wifi late" , mate. 

The dagger through the heart is from the newspapers lead with a dagger portrayed through the hearts and PT club badges, later rescinded 

As for MSM, well im as peebles as you, no idea😁

Could be something to do with my sister also being my misses 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Late? Theres Peebles late and "ive been living in a cave in outer Mongolia with nae wifi late" , mate. 

The dagger through the heart is from the newspapers lead with a dagger portrayed through the hearts and PT club badges, later rescinded 

Main Stream Media

Jamstomorrow
4 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

MSM .  Main Stream Media.  

Rogue Daddy
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That's remarkable isn't it? The only times he's "publicly" popped his head up and got involved was to passionately push against enquiry.

No speeches given for reconstruction or even for the original resolution. No opinion given on anything really, but when an enquiry was on the cards, he rounded the wagons.

Shows him and them up imo. Nothing said though.

Just a shame we don’t have any sports journalists in Scotland hungry for a good story. Just pathetic. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Late? MSM = main stream media as opposed to social media. The Record illustrated Hearts And Thidtle's legal action with a knife through the clubs badges. And no it didn't make any more sense than it does now.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

If you look at it from the angle of an arbitration tribunal being corrected by the courts in the event of abitration making a legal error.    Perhaps there is a combination of conflicting factors that could cause arbitration to seek a ratification of certain judgements,  or guidance on how to impose certain rulings.

If the courts become involved if arbitration gets the law wrong... surely it follows that arbitration will not willfully exceed it's own confidence in it's own competence.

I was hoping that some of the lawyers who were on here much earlier might provide some insight.

One question I alluded to earlier is that SPFL say it's OK to vote twice  in a company resolution but Hearts claim otherwise. It'd be interesting to see if either side managed to find any examples of case law to back up their claim because otherwise, I'm amazed this type of thing can be ruled on in secret in arbitration when it has potentially far reaching consequences for company law. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Main Stream Media

Ah! Got it. Nothing to do with interfamily nuptials then, bummer. 

And he’s not praying!

Sorry for hi jacking this thread, I’m doing so as it’s the busiest. How do I start a new thread? Do I have to be signed up for a certain period of time?

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Plus blood for emphasis. (I think, anyway)

TyphoonJambo
Just now, And he’s not praying! said:

Sorry for hi jacking this thread, I’m doing so as it’s the busiest. How do I start a new thread? Do I have to be signed up for a certain period of time?

No bugger off, Hobo. 

Am i doing this correctly? 

48 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

The fundamental problem with that rule though is that if we ask and they say no, we are in a whole heap more trouble if we still go to court.

My view is that the rule is almost unenforceable.

A classic example of it being easier to beg for forgiveness later than asking permission now!

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We'll see in the next accounts but according to what I've been told the club itself paying any costs

Club will pay them, benefactor will just increase their generosity to cover it. 

And he’s not praying!
8 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

No bugger off, Hobo. 

I signed up to ask questions about Hearts tattoos but cannot for the life of me see how I can start a new topic 😐

David Black
28 minutes ago, RENE said:

People have got to stop thinking of this as a football matter.   It doesn't  matter if the SPFL have to reorganise fixtures or reconstructiin, all the Panel is interest in is if the SPFL broke company Law.   If they did they will say so and consequently we will be back in Premiership unless we agree to demotion and compensation.   And compensation will not be small.  

I don't  know how this will end up but I refuse to think other than a win for us....

Spot on. The season starting, fixture lists, tv deals . how to fix their own mess has nothing to do with the Arbitration Panel. It is all about Company law.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I signed up to ask questions about Hearts tattoos but cannot for the life of me see how I can start a new topic 😐

There is a minimum number of posts required. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Unfortunately it’s not that simple. The consequences of FIFA sanctions are major and can isolate a country from the wider game. 

If it’s was proved that corruption had occurred and a govt stepped in to appoint an  independent body to administrate I can’t see anyone from FIFA looking at their rule book 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

Are you sure it had to be behind closed doors? Was it not a case that if both said they wanted it open to all it would have been open to all. I guess you are right as you seem so adamant. 

Only going by what others have said. I wasn't aware that the option exists to have an arbitration hearing open to the public or the press. If it was, I'd imagine that Hearts and Partick would have made an effort, at least, to have it heard openly. But I don't know for sure, like most of us. 

4 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

You can get a hearts tattoo and post it on here and people will still call you a hibs fan anytime you say something that doesn't sound PHM enough for their liking

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

No bugger off, Hobo. 

Yes.

Mods should have banned new posters for a short period.

Place is hoachin wi vermin.

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

How so?

I think he was referring to your comment about "soled their sole". 

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

You can get a hearts tattoo and post it on here and people will still call you a hibs fan anytime you say something that doesn't sound PHM enough for their liking

If he gets one on his face I’ll believe he’s genuine. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Only going by what others have said. I wasn't aware that the option exists to have an arbitration hearing open to the public or the press. If it was, I'd imagine that Hearts and Partick would have made an effort, at least, to have it heard openly. But I don't know for sure, like most of us. 

If all parties were in agreement then arbitration may have been open, not necessarily in the same way as the CoS but it did not HAVE to be closed doors.

The spfl rep was never going to agree to display all so it was never going to be anything other than closed doors.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes.

Please name the vermin.  Send me a PM if you're rather not do it publicly.

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he gets one on his face I’ll believe he’s genuine. 

Remember that guy with the big Romanov tattoo on his back?

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

😂😂 I do. It was at the top of his back. He was in the papers saying he wanted it removed. 

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I lived in Glasgow for many years and it is indeed a great city but it's also a city in serious decline as evidenced by its decline in population. While Edinburgh continues to grow in population Glasgow is in serious trouble. The population of Edinburgh is predicted to overtake Glasgow by 2037.

Glasgow has been the victim of the class equivalent of white flight in American cities. The middle classes fled to places like Helensburgh and Shetttleston and resisted incorporation into the city of Glasgow and the risk of higher local taxes. Shipping out the poor to new towns also contributed to population decline in the city.  Whereas contrary to common misconception Edinburgh has remained relatively  class diverse and has  incorporated its expanding middle class within the city.

Off topic but it has been hundreds of pages since there was any post offering anything new on topic on this thread!

Edited by Francis Albert

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Glasgow has been the victim of the class equivalent of white flight in American cities. The middle classes fled to places like Helensburgh and Shetttleston and resisted incorporation into the city of Glasgow and the risk of higher local taxes. Shipping out the poor to new towns also contributed to population decline in the city.  Whereas contrary to common misconception Edinburgh has remained relatively  class diverse and has  incorporated its expanding middle class within the city

Middle class Shettleston!!

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

All things are relative! Compared to the Gorbals.

Edited by Francis Albert

John Findlay
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Goes with middleclass Garrowhill, Carntyne, and Blairhill😉

alwaysthereinspirit
38 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

I’m assuming you’re a NASA astronaut who’s been stuck in the space station these past three months. Or worse been in a Covid coma.

Average life expectancy in shettleston is 52 🤣but apart from that he's factually correct - glasgow Council still trying to absorb East renfrewshire back in to its boundaries

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

If it’s was proved that corruption had occurred and a govt stepped in to appoint an  independent body to administrate I can’t see anyone from FIFA looking at their rule book 

Just isn’t going to happen

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Big Jambo from Danderhall.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Goes with middleclass Garrowhill, Carntyne, and Blairhill😉

don't forget Maryhill and Ruchill with their tree lined boulevards and gated communities with homes at £2m upwards 😉

TyphoonJambo
17 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think he was referring to your comment about "soled their sole". 

halibut.jpg

David McCaig
Just now, harrywragg said:

Average life expectancy in shettleston is 52 🤣but apart from that he's factually correct - glasgow Council still trying to absorb East renfrewshire back in to its boundaries

The same goes for East Dunbartonshire and South Lanarkshire as well, I’ve lived a large amount of my life in Glasgow without living in Glasgow!!!

I went to school in Newton Mearns and now live in Bearsden and at all times would describe myself as living in Glasgow... although technically not.  Incredibly unfair on Glasgow missing out on much needed higher band council tax money from people utilising its services.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

don't forget Maryhill and Ruchill with their tree lined boulevards and gated communities with homes at £2m upwards 😉

See told you every Glaswegian is a wannabe comedian🤣🤣

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

They have not spent all this time to dismiss our case. 

I agree there is more to this yet. 🤔

I think a key factor may be the fact they dont think we will curl up in  a wee ball and take a playground kicking anymore. They know they will have to be squeaky clean or risk another challenge.

Got Ann to credit for that.

Still think we are getting pumped down a league mind.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 minute ago, harrywragg said:

Nothing wrong with Maryhill 👍

What a crawler I am 😁

TyphoonJambo
12 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Pretty much this

Burn, bomb, ****, shithole, minging...... This could last a while. 

Move to?, nah thought not. 

And he’s not praying!
21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes.

Season ticket holder, section z upper.

Foundation pledger since day one. Got my plot certificate and name on the shirt. Can’t be far away from the next milestone, 1956 club?

Bought shares in the club during our difficulties under Vlad.

Go to (used to anyway) some away games every season. 

Usually in Tynecastle arms or Stratties pre Tynecastle.

But I shouldn’t have been allowed to sign up according to you? Ok.

Anyway, thanks to the others. Maybe I’ll meet the minimum required posts soon and be able to start a topic.

I won’t derail this topic any further.

Ps - I thought my name would have been a giveaway? How many fans of other clubs would get that reference?

Edited by And he’s not praying!
Further detail

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Season ticket holder, section z upper.

Foundation pledger since day one. Got my plot certificate and name on the shirt. Can’t be far away from the next milestone, 1956 club?

Bought shares in the club during our difficulties under Vlad.

Go to (used to anyway) some away games every season. 

Usually in Tynecastle arms or Stratties pre Tynecastle.

But I shouldn’t have been allowed to sign up according to you? Ok.

Anyway, thanks to the others. Maybe I’ll meet the minimum required posts soon and be able to start a topic.

I won’t derail this topic any further.

Mate, were, or i am, only kidding. Post away, your input is appreciated. This place is just so infested we're all suspicious. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

I got Shettleston wrong but my point stands. Middle class places in the vicinity of Glasgow and indeed  in Greater Glasgow have long resisted incorporation in the city.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )