SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

I'd have to agree with the names you've picked out.  I might not always agree with what they say, but I do believe they speak their mind and do not simply toe the party line, and for that they deserve some respect.

I'd even add Chris Sutton to that list, I might not agree with a lot he has to say, but at least he speaks his mind, and he likes to wind up that fud Craigan, which can't be a bad thing.

I think it could boil down to job spec. 👺 It's not difficult to imagine Chris Sutton being contractually bound to play the role of "Joker in the Pack". The Joker can be mischievous and he can push the boundaries of your thinking. The BBC's interpretation of the Joker in the Pack seems to be more like "simple buffoon". 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

King Of The Cat Cafe
12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

He gets more than the First Minster running the country 

that should sink in for everyone 

He gets more than the president of the USA running the world   ;)

That should sink in for everyone.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Somebody knows something but they are not telling anybody that knows nothing anything. 

Or to put it simply Dave. Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or to put it simply Dave. Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

Sounds like you know it all apart from what you don’t know 😉 

No longer active
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Took that from a clubsite :sick:  

The 5 sub rule vote passed for next season.  There's also a SFA idea that they want to reduce the number of teams in the scottish cup.  112 to 52, with other numbers quoted.  

Edit:  I am thinking they want to kick us out the SC next season maybe suspend us for a few years as a disciplinary matter.  

Surely the 5 sub rule is only going to benefit the stronger/richer teams in the league. 
If we’re in the championship then bringing 5 decent players into the game in the second half Will only benefit us. Having Berra for instance on when their forwards are getting tired will be more than a leveller.

Its going to benefit Sevco and Celtic too unfortuantely

Edited by George Cowie

2 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Surely the 5 sub rule is only going to benefit the stronger/richer teams in the league. 
If we’re in the championship then bringing 5 decent players into the game in the second half Will only benefit us. Having Berra for instance on when their forwards are getting tired will be more than a leveller.

Its going to benefit Sevco and Celtic too unfortuantely

Yes.  I think it will benefit the clubs able to afford extra quality on the bench.   It could cause friction between players and managers too.  Players knowing they get an extra chance to get on the field but don't get picked might rage.  Just have to see how it goes.

45 minutes ago, Rattatooi said:

40 teams play with the 20 winners meeting the 12 seeded (probably SPL) teams in the next round. That gives you 32 and from there on in its straight knockout.

Actually, it's 38 teams play, with the 19 winners joining 13 of the remaining 14 clubs to make up 32 clubs.  Then it's straight knockout and the winner of the 32 clubs gets to play Celtic in the final, which will be the day after the semi-finals and 2 days after the quarter finals.

23 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I speak the local lingo,  Let's see your french. 

Aucun probleme.

Cinq buts contre un!

:fth: 

36 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

He gets more than the First Minster running the country 

that should sink in for everyone 

He earns about twice as much as Boris does for being PM of the UK.  I'm no fan of Boris, but at least he makes the occasional decision.

Imagine if he governed the UK the same way that Donkey governs Scottish football.  We'd have referendums every week to decide what to do, and Boris would hide behind the fact that he was only doing what the people voted for, so nothing was his fault.

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Aucun probleme.

Cinq buts contre un!

Your French is exquisite !

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Aucun probleme.

Cinq buts contre un!

Magnifique!

Ca aurait du etre dix

Edited by RobNox

No longer active
1 hour ago, Kylejordan said:

That makes sense. Too hard and to many drinks to do the math. 
honestly feel the Celtic factor made more sense 

The maths is easy.

It doesn’t matter how many teams take part however it may need byes in the early rounds.

Ultimately the cup has 1 winner and all the other teams are losers.

So seeing as there are no replays this year and every game will have a winner and a loser then......

If there are 64 teams you need 63 matches !   1 winner and 63 losers.

So for any number of teams, the number of games is just the number of teams less 1 even if some teams are given a bye

Try it .....  There are 4 teams left in the cup - it needs 3 matches to finish it !

Edited by George Cowie

3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Your French is exquisite !

Merci beaucoup, Monsieur.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Doncaster took more money from the SPFL than 28 of the 42 clubs last year. 

And if we win compo, there will be even more clubs earning less than him this season.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Magnifique!

Je vous remercie, Monsieur.

🇫🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Fire_At_The_Disco

See if we win this... the worst thing about the full shite situation will be no seeing the killers play Falkirk. I would defo have got a Red. :olly:

1 minute ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

See if we win this... the worst thing about the full shite situation will be no seeing the killers play Falkirk. I would defo have got a Red. :olly:

:cheers:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You just can't legislate for unknown unknowns other than build in contingency. 

Have they?

14 minutes ago, Homme said:

Its actually shocking how overpaid he is. The more its put in context the worse it looks. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You just can't legislate for unknown unknowns other than build in contingency. 

Have they?

It would be a first surely.

Apologies for calling you surely (copyright Leslie Neilson c. 1980)

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nelms of Dundee sounds like a shite furniture shop 

😃 Indeed.  One that may well be having a closing down sale soon too !! 

For further context he also gets more money than the bottom 7 teams in League 2 combined prize money (4th - 10th position, 70% of clubs in the league)

These teams are expected to pay players and staff, kits, travel, stadium maintenance, police, ambulance, catering and a whole host of other costs concerning a football club. Yet Neil ****ing Doncaster takes home money they can only dream about. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It would be a first surely.

Apologies for calling you surely (copyright Leslie Neilson c. 1980)

Vintage. 

Plenty of Scottish friendly games today including United. Can't imagine United would have played if a verdict was known against them 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Homme said:

Why does the media not pick up on that? 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Vintage. 

Plenty of Scottish friendly games today including United. Can't imagine United would have played if a verdict was known against them 

Unless it was compensation over reinstatement , then it would make perfect sense. 

56 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

The maths is easy.

It doesn’t matter how many teams take part however it may need byes in the early rounds.

Ultimately the cup has 1 winner and all the other teams are losers.

So seeing as there are no replays this year and every game will have a winner and a loser then......

If there are 64 teams you need 63 matches !   1 winner and 63 losers.

So for any number of teams, the number of games is just the number of teams less 1 even if some teams are given a bye

Try it .....  There are 4 teams left in the cup - it needs 3 matches to finish it !

Wow

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Vintage. 

That's it we're ****ed then. 🤔

We will be so far behind fitness wise. 

If we do win reinstatement we have to demand at least a month for pre season training. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
46 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its actually shocking how overpaid he is. The more its put in context the worse it looks. 

I’m not sure his position is overpaid. He’s overpaid because he’s incompetent and needs sacking but the SPFL ceo is always going to be on a decent wedge.

As for him earning more than numerous Scottish clubs, given that half of this thread has been spent talking about how tinpot most of them are and half of them shouldn’t be professional, I don’t see the relevance of that 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That's it we're ****ed then. 🤔

We will be so far behind fitness wise. 

If we do win reinstatement we have to demand at least a month for pre season training. 

All I mean by that,  I don't think anyone yet knows a verdict 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Vintage. 

I agree.  I'm not buying the idea that a verdict has been reached but somehow the announcement has been held back.  Lord Clark said on more than one occasion that this was a complex case (he said it twice, to be exact, but I'm in tabloid press mode where to say he said it more than once leaves open various interpretations).

We'll find out the outcome once the panel has concluded its deliberations, having weighed up all of the evidence and legal arguments put to it.  Personally, I'm feeling more confident than not that we will get a favourable outcome, but that isn't based on any legal knowledge or other insight, and I'm equally prepared for the fact that we might lose.

Like most on here, I just wish we could find out one way or another before too long, so we can start to move on (hopefully as a Premiership club, or at worst a very well off Championship club).

Best laugh of the day

Celtic fan site talking about the rejection of the proposition allowing the power to make decisions lie with the SPFL board as clubs do not trust Lawwell

'Lawwell is only one member of a large SPFL board and to think that Celtic would inappropriately exert power, or even have the ability to, is rather absurd.' 

Honestly how biased are they ?

1 hour ago, Homme said:

So if Doncaster was a club, he'd be getting the prize money for finishing 3rd in the championship every season! :rofl:

If ever there was a stat to sum up how tinpot Scottish football is, then that's it.

niblick1874
4 hours ago, Fedupfan said:

The arbitration panels decision is final, the only way this case can go back to court is if there has been a legal irregularity or the panel has not followed the law of the land. This will be finished with after the panel gives its verdict, there are no appeals or going to court again.  The three person panel is made up of judges and lawyers with at least 10 years experience, the chances of them not knowing legal procedure is almost zero, if they had an issue with some part of company law or Scottish law then they would not be on the list of candidates for the arbitration panel. 

So we got all we asked for then, yes? No? Guess what could happen if we have not got all we asked for. Who was it that told them to turn it all over? 

Canny be arsed reading through the last 10 pages my take is we are in a favourable position but not a winning position yet.. however I believe that the dice is firmly rolling in our favour anybody who thinks Monday will be a result.. chill

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Best laugh of the day

Celtic fan site talking about the rejection of the proposition allowing the power to make decisions lie with the SPFL board as clubs do not trust Lawwell

'Lawwell is only one member of a large SPFL board and to think that Celtic would inappropriately exert power, or even have the ability to, is rather absurd.' 

The exact same fan site, if a Rangers official was on the board instead, would have the complete opposite reaction. The same people who scream conspiracy at not getting a free kick in their own half while winning every thing in site. Celtic fans are the most spoilt fans around, get everything they want but want to make it out that everyone is denying them everything.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The exact same fan site, if a Rangers official was on the board instead, would have the complete opposite reaction. The same people who scream conspiracy at not getting a free kick in their own half while winning every thing in site. Celtic fans are the most spoilt fans around, get everything they want but want to make it out that everyone is denying them everything.

Rangers have had an official on the board most recently and even he couldn't contain the influence Celtic have on our game. It's everywhere. 

When Rangers collapsed they managed to get placemen almost everywhere. They are what Rangers were and what Rangers want to be again. 

16 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

So if Doncaster was a club, he'd be getting the prize money for finishing 3rd in the championship every season! :rofl:

If ever there was a stat to sum up how tinpot Scottish football is, then that's it.

Yeah that's correct. He earns equal to 3rd in the championship and more than every other club down the leagues. 

Brave Hearts
14 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Best laugh of the day

and the chairman of the SPFL board MacLennan is a self-confessed septic fan.........

and the legal council McKenzie to the SPFL Board Is a self-confessed septic fan .........

and along with Liewell, how could we NOT expect that evil trinity to inappropriately exert power......

53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why does the media not pick up on that? 

They would then need to declare their bribes🤔🤔

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Rangers have had an official on the board most recently and even he couldn't contain the influence Celtic have on our game. It's everywhere. 

When Rangers collapsed they managed to get placemen almost everywhere. They are what Rangers were and what Rangers want to be again. 

Completely

I remember discussing that with another poster on here. Its clear that Celtic took advantage of Rangers downfall to build up their power in Scottish football. And its not just in the SPFL and SFA, but in the media as well. Thats not to say Rangers are downtrodden, they have some power as well, but Celtic have carefully built up everything so that they can have influence over things. Thats what the biggest irony in all this is, Celtic fans rail against the establishment, make out they are the downtrodden underdogs fighting against the system but they are the establishment in Scotland. Sadly they also control the narrative so people outside Scotland often see Celtic as rebel poet and not as they are the fat cat bully.

Biffa Bacon
26 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Best laugh of the day

Rousing speech, anyone?

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m not sure his position is overpaid. He’s overpaid because he’s incompetent and needs sacking but the SPFL ceo is always going to be on a decent wedge.

As for him earning more than numerous Scottish clubs, given that half of this thread has been spent talking about how tinpot most of them are and half of them shouldn’t be professional, I don’t see the relevance of that 

Spot on!  I made the point several million pages ago (slight exaggeration) that a club like Brechin has an annual turnover that is lower than my local corner shop, yet they can vote on decisions that can jeopardise a full time professional club with hundreds of employees.

I made a point very early on in this fiasco that it is time that we ended the scenario whereby the tail is wagging the dog.   Tinpot clubs with tinpot Chairmen should have no influence over how the professional game is run in Scotland.  It's an absolute joke that we have 42 clubs in the professional leagues.  England has 92 clubs in their league system, they also have a population that is 11 times that of Scotland.  They have clubs in their National League who attract average crowds that would surpass the total of our entire League 2 crowds, and might even eat into a lot of our League 1 crowds.  In fact, the best supported National League sides would  have a bigger fan base than a lot of Premiership sides in Scotland.

34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How did the 12.00 press conference

go ? 🤔 

Some folk were taking you serious too  😂😂

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Think their last guy was £900k (£2.5m with bonuses)

The CEO of the English Football League is on £495k per year, but league 2 clubs get 900k a season prize money. Doncaster must be absolutely pissing himself.

6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Spot on!  I made the point several million pages ago (slight exaggeration) that a club like Brechin has an annual turnover that is lower than my local corner shop, yet they can vote on decisions that can jeopardise a full time professional club with hundreds of employees.

I made a point very early on in this fiasco that it is time that we ended the scenario whereby the tail is wagging the dog.   Tinpot clubs with tinpot Chairmen should have no influence over how the professional game is run in Scotland.  It's an absolute joke that we have 42 clubs in the professional leagues.  England has 92 clubs in their league system, they also have a population that is 11 times that of Scotland.  They have clubs in their National League who attract average crowds that would surpass the total of our entire League 2 crowds, and might even eat into a lot of our League 1 crowds.  In fact, the best supported National League sides would  have a bigger fan base than a lot of Premiership sides in Scotland.

As well as having too many clubs, Scottish professional football has been dominated by two clubs who have leveraged Scotland's religious bigotry for over a century to boost their coffers. Nothing will change anytime soon.

28 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Best laugh of the day

I wouldn't say they were biased, just living in denial if they think they don't have the ability to exert power over the so called governing bodies of Scottish Football.  The position we are currently in as a club is entirely down to the footballing authorities bowing to the will of Celtic to have the league called early, so they got their 9iar and secured their Champions League place.

2 hours ago, whodanny said:

I meant the 2006 final of course.

Hartley wouldn't have got a medal if he missed the final, only those on the team lines for the final get one.

34. Awards to Player, Officials and Match Officials
The Scottish FA shall present a medal or a souvenir in such forms as the Board may decide to the 
Players appearing on the Official Team Line of the Clubs that participated in the Final Match, the 
Manager or Head Coach of both such Clubs and to the Match Officials who officiated in the Final
Match.

Edited by graygo

18 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Rousing speech, anyone?

That guy is so creepy and has corruption written all over his face, it astounds me the "rousing speech" would influence the pawns as it did!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )