SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Nookie Bear

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

bigsuperslim1874
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

After we go to court and win, can you imagine the tea time news? All these diddy club chairman being interviewed about them owing us 200k a piece and unable to pay. Then us just filing  winding up orders one by one and watching their slow painful death..... Cannae wait. I'll be having jelly and ice-cream. 

😂

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

So is it Hibs, Dundee Utd and 1 other who voted against it then?

St Mirren?

Rangers?

9 for 3 against.

Utter shite.

Time to litigate...

Ross county you would think. Their arrogant prick chairman has always been against it.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, gavin1985 said:

Shall I assume they were giving the impression that they were going to vote yes for recon?

Yes 100% on friday that was there position 

Ideal scenario for me now is for us to take our 27 games in the Championship, our undisclosed compensation and let's put a statement out to say that we will not actively sell 'Away tickets'. If fans want to go they can still buy from the opposition club

Probably break some rules somewhere that we cant do this however we must not support this expulsion, I know it's quite a 'The Rangers' thing to do however i certainly will be putting the money i'd have spent going to away games into our club instead

Look forward to sitting back and watching the dominos toppling 😊

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Ross county you would think. Their arrogant prick chairman has always been against it.

Ross county and hibs 100%

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

After we go to court and win, can you imagine the tea time news? All these diddy club chairman being interviewed about them owing us 200k a piece and unable to pay. Then us just filing  winding up orders one by one and watching their slow painful death..... Cannae wait. I'll be having jelly and ice-cream. 

:jjyay:

yes please, my preferred outcome. 

Gene Parmesan
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not spoken to anybody this morning yet but if what I'm reading is correct Dundee utd have changed way they intended to vote!! I knew the hobos and Ross county were voting no but Dundee utd had indicated on friday they were voting for 

St Mirren the third team, no?

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So is it Hibs, Dundee Utd and 1 other who voted against it then?

St Mirren?

Rangers?

9 for 3 against.

Utter shite.

Time to litigate...

I would guess St mirren as been pretty vocal and they weren't Happy with Scot Wilson's comments on Twitter

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

JA should withdraw funding as well..... After court ofc. 

Too right he should. 

These shite*y wee clubs don't deserve a penny. 

The more that die the better in my book. 

Its possible they will go ahead with the EGM and vote just to further delay any court proceedings. 

brunoatemyhamster
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not spoken to anybody this morning yet but if what I'm reading is correct Dundee utd have changed way they intended to vote!! I knew the hobos and Ross county were voting no but Dundee utd had indicated on friday they were voting for 

I said this weeks ago and got shot down. 

United are up to something with regards to Dundee. 

Two American owners. Merger. 

What is it?  An hour or more since the DR story? Anything else around?  Journalists on Twitter?  Any club statements revealing for sure how they voted?

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

No - a court will not give a toss if fixtures are out. If what had been done is deemed illegal then that’s that.

It's not just about whether the vote goes against us. That can happen and the league can go ahead quite legally. It's then about compensation, which AB obviously thinks we have a strong case for.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I would guess St mirren as been pretty vocal and they weren't Happy with Scot Wilson's comments on Twitter

I'm not on twitter. What did Scot say to upset them?

bigsuperslim1874
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

What did say?

The Wrinkly Ninja
33 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

First time the fans are completely united in along time.

I'm sure we'll hear from the club although it's not even confirmed by the SPFL yet.

Thats not true is it.

First thing some on here do is turn on other Hearts fans.... as can be seen in posts above.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Says it all about "our" local paper when they refer to Craig Gordon as an "ex-Celtic star".

And started the update with the simple sentence Hearts will play in the Championship next season.

This was just an indicative vote,   there could still be an EGM giving the level of support for recon. Also Budge has been clear about legal action but our Edinburgh based paper again is just being lazy and sloppy and failing to  call out what they should be in this whole sorry saga. 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm not on twitter. What did Scot say to upset them?

Called them slippery snakes or something along those lines 😀

Oh this was it...

HEARTS' stadium announcer Scott Wilson has branded St Mirren the 'snakes from Paisley'.

Edited by neilnunb

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

St Mirren the third team, no?

A don't know not spoken to anybody today yet but if what I'm reading it's Dundee utd they've changed over weekend

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

Its possible they will go ahead with the EGM and vote just to further delay any court proceedings. 

That's exactly what I think they will do.

It's all about delaying tactics.

Now, is our time to launch our attack in court. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

:laugh: Some boy.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Scott telling it as it is. Good on him.

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

and offering chickenfeed prices for their best players as well...

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm actually quite excited about the idea of court proceedings. The nest of vipers need exposed for all their faults and misdemeanours. Bring it on!

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Can't be offended by the truth 

If St Mirren have voted no, it's not because of the stadium announcer at Tynie.

It's because they are St Mirren and they are reverting to type.

As slippery snakes.

Clubs were being asked to vote on the reconstruction proposal AND bringing forward the timescale for an EGM. Does anyone know what voting majority is required for bringing forward an EGM?

20 hours ago, Victorian said:

The fact he's religious immediately calls into question his rationality and,   imo,   his sanity.     What is religious piety if not a deeply ingrained delusion?    The belief in and devotion to fairytales.

More likely than a secular person to be an unreasonable *****.   

A Minnie Trump.

5 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

Ideal scenario for me now is for us to take our 27 games in the Championship, our undisclosed compensation and let's put a statement out to say that we will not actively sell 'Away tickets'. If fans want to go they can still buy from the opposition club

Probably break some rules somewhere that we cant do this however we must not support this expulsion, I know it's quite a 'The Rangers' thing to do however i certainly will be putting the money i'd have spent going to away games into our club instead

Look forward to sitting back and watching the dominos toppling 😊

You are being very moderate. I'd also half the size of the away dressing room, putting the visiting directors in the other half for their obligatory hospitality and give them the bare minimum. 

upgotheheads
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Says it all about "our" local paper when they refer to Craig Gordon as an "ex-Celtic star".

The daily ******, as of one minute ago, is not running any story about today's vote having gone against us. the EEN story is a bit of lazy journalism referring to old news about AB's proposal

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Scott telling it as it is. Good on him.

was in the Gorgie suite for the 5-2 game.. he smashed the shite out of them continually

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Oh this was it...

HEARTS' stadium announcer Scott Wilson has branded St Mirren the 'snakes from Paisley'.

:pleasing:

Good lad Scotty

45 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The compensation claim is huge with so many factors impacting what the loss of revenue for us would be 

1/ At least one season out with the SPL - equates to 3-4 million in lost revenue. If we argue the fact that we may not necessarily come right back up and we don’t have that automatic entitlement than this figure could spiral 

2/ Championship not potentially playing out - again, through no fault of our own we have a pending restraint of trade option which would equate to further millions 

3/ Finally all the other stuff - hurt and humiliation, the voting scandal, the way it has been handled, unjust decision making etc

Point being it could be millions and no one can deny we have a clear case for compensation 

Re the decision being overturned, I’m not so sure on that one and I really don’t understand if they could, or would reverse it, and in a court of law 

They May rule that the vote takes place again but I don’t see why any of these clubs would vote differently 

Plus if they voted not to relegate us where would that actually leave us with our already awarded compo claim ?

feckin messy but the SPFL are accountable in this whole affair and need strung up by their testacles, at the very minimum 

If we go with the undeniable fact the action is in breach of anti-competitive laws, then the expulsion can be ruled unlawful as per France and Belgium.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Barack said:

What official seethe level are we currently at?

Am I safe to have breakfast?

At least DefCon 2. 

Just now, OTT said:

They can't even announce its failed quickly :D So desperate to buy time. 

Lodge the action Ann. 

Speculation.....

Phone call happening now ND-AB.  AB saying "hang on Neil, I've got the QC on the other line" and leaving the ND line open while she talks to QC about how many millions to go for.

1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

Speculation.....

Phone call happening now ND-AB.  AB saying "hang on Neil, I've got the QC on the other line" and leaving the ND line open while she talks to QC about how many millions to go for.

😁

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The SPFL are just buying time here and the longer we let this drag on, the harder it is to go to court (I feel). Please Ann, press the button 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

that's from the 8th May

Yeah that was then Tony Fitzpatrick responded with his comments. They have been clear from

The start they are against reconstruction so wouldn't be surprised they voted his way

They will delay and delay. Then last min will say they tried hard but no time left to reconstruct. We did our best , it's not our fault.

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Because they fear a court case. There were 6 clubs in the premier alone who rebuffed reconstruction a few weeks ago. As far as I’m concerned they’re all out enemies except the clubs who voted no in the original resolution to end the league excluding rangers. 

I agree!  My seethe and our boycott should be aimed at the clubs who voted to end the season in the original vote. 

As for ITK and DR stories and rumour  I prefer to take with a pinch of salt. 

We should know soon if the other teams are still against reconstruction and then it is time to instruct our lawyers. 

This has gone on long enough imo. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The SPFL are just buying time here and the longer we let this drag on, the harder it is to go to court (I feel). Please Ann, press the button 

This but i can see the next statement from Ann saying we will bring the matter up at the EGM and as you say more time will roll on.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )