SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

brunoatemyhamster
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Expect the SPFL to put forward a formal resolution with the claim that they believe they can work with dissenting clubs over coming days to deal with any concerns in advance of the formal vote deadline.

Yup.

The old stall card will be getting worn out with the amount of times they've played it. 

Time to call them. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Expect the SPFL to put forward a formal resolution with the claim that they believe they can work with dissenting clubs over coming days to deal with any concerns in advance of the formal vote deadline.

You might well be right but I do hope not!

Let's just take a deep breath and wait until an official statement is released from both the SPFL and Hearts. I still believe that there are some twists and turns to be played out before these statements are made.
To be clear Doncaster and the SPFL do not want legal action. It exposes them to real scrutiny. Maybe that's what the clubs want! Hearts foot the bill for doing their dirty work!
Meantime another day, weeks go by with clubs returning back to training, no fixture list, therefore no football!....
Acting in anger can sometimes cloud judgement. The SPFL will have to come out soon with a statement. Better them than Hearts at this time.    

EGM in 28 days?

Call in the lawyers now.

Clearly trying to waste time, time will be the factor many chairmen will attempt to scurry behind. Get the lawyers to push for an interdict so time is no longer a problem. 

The Verminator
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

According to Evening Hibby, vote fails/SPFL to call EGM in 28 days.

PS Last part my opinion, dragging it out to get nearer to start of season.

I can`t see anything on the EEN site - got a link?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Come on Hearts the carrot isn't working, the stick is needed now! 

Get this to court!

Court it is by the looks of it!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scottish-football-live-league-reconstruction-vote-fails-hearts-interest-ex-celtic-star-rangers-boost-ps15m-transfer-target-killie-and-ict-managers-agree-deals-2884311

Clubs vote against league reconstruction

Hearts will play in the Championship next season.

The Daily Record report that clubs have put forward their voting plans for a 14-10-10-10 system and it has not gained enough support.

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Yup.

The old stall card will be getting worn out the amount they've played it. 

Time to call them. 

Fix bayonets!   They don't like it up 'em!

1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Yup.

The old stall card will be getting worn out the amount they've played it. 

Time to call them. 

The current and previous UK Prime Ministers like the "kick into the long grass" review so don't see why ND wouldn't be only too happy to keep stalling.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Remember the vote was always going to "fail" today. The total number of teams that back it could influence whether the SPFL decide to go ahead and use this week to try and convince teams to change their mind.

Squghton Jambo himself said he thinks we would see about 30 teams back it.

If we still have teams like United who are supposedly not backing it because they don't want 2 automatic relegations, something that's never been reported as being part of the deal anyway, then we clearly need a much wider discussion.

exactly. I see this going to EGM, and a very up and down week until the vote.

David Black
2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

When it comes to it, I'd like to see a joint press statement from AB, Jacqui Low, high heid yins at Falkirk, Stranraer, Kelty, Brora, Lowland League, Highland League saying they are jointly pursuing legal action.  Maybe we won't hear all this "Hearts plan fails" stuff all the time.

That is exactly what should happen and court procedures should start tomorrow, enough of the peeing about. We have gone along with their kicking the can down the road tactics long enough. No court in the land could say we have not tried. I still think that there are enough stupid chairmen /Ceo's out there who think going to court is a bluff. Serving court docs tomorrow will shock many of them. I have always preferred court action .

1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

So, the EEN isn't reporting this from its own sources.  It is quoting what the DR said!

That's why it's a comic these days

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That would yet again be another way of kicking the can down the road. It’s pretty obvious now that spite and malice has won the day. Get the papers served at court and an application in for a hearing for an interim interdict. If it’s to be spite and malice let’s give it to them in spades.

Bazzas right boot

I want us to go to court now tbh. 

Championship football and a nice £5m plus compo is my preferred outcome now. 

brunoatemyhamster
6 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

The current and previous UK Prime Ministers like the "kick into the long grass" review so don't see why ND wouldn't be only too happy to keep stalling.

I'm fed up with Hearts being too nice or stupid to see it. We are the ones letting him

We can stop this game at any time, yet we keep falling for it. 

Pull the pin and chuck the grenade. Nothing to lose. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Boab Mugabe

Enough faff, enough talking, enough being strung along.

If we don’t raise legal action (ideally including an interdict to get Premiership and Championship football stopped) by COB tomorrow we never will.

Ross County, Aberdeen, St Mirren, Dundee United and of course Hibs are the sides more likely to vote no..perhaps Aberdeen may change their voting intentions but they did not want a permanent change to 14. Hibs have been very quiet as well

Given the interviews from Ross County and St Mirren in recent days it looks certain they will vote no

Can you imagine if Dundee United were to be the deciding vote given they have only been awarded the title and before they have even played a match in the league they are have been awarded access to.  That is the stupidity of Scottish football these days

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

This is where I am at, clubs refusing to make changes. The courts will tell them to do so. 

Plus it'll force other clubs to go to the wall, what a shame....not!

13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

The clubs couldn't wait to cast their votes first time around. Some even voted twice! This is despite the fact that they were told they had 28 days. The initial vote being tied to the release of cash was a major factor but not one of them stood up and said 'is there another way'

I don't actually WANT to see other clubs go to the wall once I step back and think about it. I just want my club to be treated fairly which we have not

Make no mistake though, AB needs to fight this as far as we can. If that means other clubs are in danger of going down then that's up to Scottish football and that clubs fans to do what we've done for 5 years now. If your club is in danger then YOU save it

Our consciences should be clear

The key thing in regard to Hearts (or Partick or Kelty Hearts) is everyone has a right to do what they think is best. And the courts are an option to redress what is seen as unfair.

Whether anyone thinks Hearts deserve to be relegated or should accept it for the good of Scottish football they need to accept what comes with it. 

Only the SPFL Board were in a position to lead this to a solution that limited harm. For whatever reason they chose to include demotion in the Resolution. They chose to give clubs 2 days to vote on 1 option rather than seeking a consensus. 

Well lets see where that leads. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I thought it was 8million now? 

scottish_chicP

Surely waiting for an EGM is just another delay tactic? If it's failed what's the point? 

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Lockdown love handles 👍

It’s a sign of prosperity in some places. 😄

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

More like 10 million at least. 
Who is to to say we will even kick a ball this year and I can see hibs and Ross County getting the league to vote for no relegation and promotion 

Robbo-Jambo
13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

The clubs couldn't wait to cast their votes first time around. Some even voted twice! This is despite the fact that they were told they had 28 days. The initial vote being tied to the release of cash was a major factor but not one of them stood up and said 'is there another way'

I don't actually WANT to see other clubs go to the wall once I step back and think about it. I just want my club to be treated fairly which we have not

Make no mistake though, AB needs to fight this as far as we can. If that means other clubs are in danger of going down then that's up to Scottish football and that clubs fans to do what we've done for 5 years now. If your club is in danger then YOU save it

Our consciences should be clear

Good post

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

There's nothing in the Daily ****** as far as I can see. The reconstruction 14 -14 - 14  proposal failed a couple of weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yup.

I'm at a point now where I want my pound of flesh. 

These clubs have had EVERY opportunity under the sun to do the right thing and have refused. Everything that happens beyond this point is entirely on them. 

I hope to see some of them bankrupt off the back of this. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yup.

I'm at a point now where I want my pound of flesh. 

These clubs have had EVERY opportunity under the sun to do the right thing and have refused. Everything that happens beyond this point is entirely on them. 

I hope to see some of them bankrupt off the back of this. 

JA should withdraw funding as well..... After court ofc. 

pharmaceutical01

Feel they are stalling until they can get the fixture lists out - the. They will claim it is too late for reconstruction and game is a bogey!!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Not spoken to anybody this morning yet but if what I'm reading is correct Dundee utd have changed way they intended to vote!! I knew the hobos and Ross county were voting no but Dundee utd had indicated on friday they were voting for 

SectionDJambo
25 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Think even ITK guys here said it was going to fail. Any hope they had of recon was further down the road. If we get a decent number of Yes votes that's a positive. What I hope doesn't happen is Doncaster gives yet another stalling tactic. The legal action has to start now.

That was my impression too, when they said “it’s going to get messy”. Didn’t sound like they thought the vote would go in our favour to me.

Just now, pharmaceutical01 said:

Feel they are stalling until they can get the fixture lists out - the. They will claim it is too late for reconstruction and game is a bogey!!

An interdict would sort that right out. 

John Findlay

The trouble with very nosey neighbours is that they concentrate on everyone else's business, especially their bigger and better rivals, and take their eye off of what is going on in their own house/back garden.

So is it Hibs, Dundee Utd and 1 other who voted against it then?

St Mirren?

Rangers?

9 for 3 against.

Utter shite.

Time to litigate...

After we go to court and win, can you imagine the tea time news? All these diddy club chairman being interviewed about them owing us 200k a piece and unable to pay. Then us just filing  winding up orders one by one and watching their slow painful death..... Cannae wait. I'll be having jelly and ice-cream. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

28 days gives you 13th of July.

Hearts to be allowed into the Premiership with two weeks until August the 1st and season starting without any training or players been signed...? :lol:

**** off. It's today or nothing.

Exactly. Clubs have started returning to training. The longer it drags on, the more disadvantaged we are.

Get the papers served. Show them we're not ****ing about. They can always be withdrawn.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not spoken to anybody this morning yet but if what I'm reading is correct Dundee utd have changed way they intended to vote!! I knew the hobos and Ross county were voting no but Dundee utd had indicated on friday they were voting for 

Wouldn't be like an American to go back on his word would it?

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Shall I assume they were giving the impression that they were going to vote yes for recon?

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

No - a court will not give a toss if fixtures are out. If what had been done is deemed illegal then that’s that.

49 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If this gets 75% why wouldn’t the SPFL just make sure the EGM resolution next week is a 14-10-10-8 set up and no financial change then the vote goes through 

I don’t think that’s correct. Think the % financial distribution to Premier clubs 1 - 12 changes so that the clubs in 13th & 14th are on the same scale (and get more than they would have done if finishing 1st or 2nd in the Championship). And the Championship distribution remains unchanged. If this is correct it still needs the higher vote.

Edited by Jambo-Fox

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )