SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I have to say my preference is now to go down and take the compensation and that compensation should be the focus of legal action.

it will prove us correct and we won’t have to listen to bullshit about being “saved” 

we can get rid of some of the deadwood and start again. 

others  feel differently but that’s where I’m at.

No why should we accept expulsion?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

But it’s also in the rules for the board to do this. So how is it a mockery? Unless it doesn’t suit your narrative then working within the rules can’t be a mockery. 

If there’s an executive decision to force this through then it leaves it open to changing the voting structure which then goes against the Old Firm as it sets a precedent. Doncaster snd the board would never ever do this. 

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I would happily say that I am extremely confident of winning whatever court case we bring.

Yup. I’m extremely confident of the compensation claim, but I just assumed we wont be awarded both, assuming re-instatement is also potentially tabled in the event we go legal. Let’s see how this pans out from here.  

4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Let's hope he ends up red faced!!

It will end up costly, no doubt.  He will still have the backing of Celtic and was open to colt leagues so will still have his job. 

21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

To be honest I’ve always looked at it from the evidence gathering side of things. I’ve looked at where the SPFL and clubs actions may have been in breach their own, or other associated organisations, articles or rules and regulations, and in law. It is clear when you start digging there are numerous strands that intertwine and are overriding principles and obligations.  In addition, there is Company Law, Competitions and Markets Authority, which then point to how did the organisation act as a whole, and how did any person carry out their individual duty within the process. Any case is better to have multiple strands of evidence, like a rope, intertwining the strands make it stronger. If the strands can be made up of breaches of law, articles of association and rules and regulations, it makes it harder to break. When there might be a defence against one, it could be argued in favour against another. It’s all about having all of you guns pointed at the same targets, and with each gun having as many bullets as possible.

To be honest that’s a long winded way of saying I don’t really know. I would leave what the argument in court would be for to others who are better qualified than me to answer. What I will say it that there are plenty of precedents now. By playing the waiting game we have benefitted enormously as we wouldn’t have been able to use the decisions in France and Belgium, or the evidence that we are one of very few countries (I think someone posted that we were maybe the only top league in Europe) who have taken this route. Any argument of self interest has been completely blown out of the water. Partick Thistles statement of “do no harm” has  flipped argument against the SPFL. 

If it were left to me I would be zeroing in on the initial resolution (was it competent, the only viable option as the SPFL board stated and did not breach the articles of association/rules and regulations) and the Dundee vote, was it cast as soon as it was sent. Prove those and everything that has went on thereafter has been illegal. There are other factors as well previously mentioned by others, how play offs that might have resulted in a team being relegated where cancelled, but relegation itself was not. I’d be going for reinstatement and is in France would expect reconstruction on the the same basis, there is no insurmountable reason as to why the league could not have been expanded.

We have a really strong case in my opinion. The original QC advice given to the SPFL acknowledged there could be a legal challenge. What the QC advice at that time didn’t account for was the utterly shambolic - and potentially illegal - way the SPFL would deal with it and that there would be precedents set by other footballing associations, and courts and other authorities in various different countries. 

Apologies for not really answering your question.

Now, press the button Ann. Only Hearts.

Can I add my thanks, as I have been struggling to understand why, as some posters have said we will be persuing compensation exclusively.

The French and Belgian cases seem to support reconstruction is feasible

Just now, Last Laff said:

If there’s an executive decision to force this through then it leaves it open to changing the voting structure which then goes against the Old Firm as it sets a precedent. Doncaster snd the board would never ever do this. 

I’m not saying he would do it I’m just saying a 9-3 majority clearly allows him to restructure the premiership citing its what the vast majority want so its in the memberships best interests. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

No why should we accept expulsion?

I just feel if we win 5/6m it will be better for us longer term.. pay off some of the deadwood shite that have dragged us down.. 

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I feels like we have been expelled/relegated about five times in the last three months. 🤔

It’s very tedious. 

23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Where?

Looks like it’s been deleted. When I open the link I got it sent it says “somethings went wrong”. 

David McCaig
Just now, Last Laff said:

No it doesn't.

The 11-1 is for all financial matters and total membership of the League.

They can introduce a 14 team SPL because they have and always have had the power to do so, because it's not a reserved matter.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

16 out of 42🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Couldn’t believe that.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

16 out of 42🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Wow!! That is a game changer.  Only one route now. 

Kidd’s Boots
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I agree. I'll wait for the SPFL statement later today. It certainly seems within the realms of possibility that if the indicative vote looks like carrying in the three lower leagues and the Premiership is 75% in favour with only 2 clubs needed to change their vote to push it through, that the SPFL Board might then decide it is worth putting to a formal vote. Other clubs can then have what the media were so keen to describe as 'normal robust business conversations' (and in no way bullying) with the three rebels. Worth remembering that this proposal is now the view of the SPFL Board. It would seem slightly odd for them to give up on what they deem to be in the best interest of the company for the sake of needing to change the minds of two members. If the SPFL Board push it to a formal vote then I'd expect Budge to hold off legal action to allow that vote to take place.

Of course if it turns out the number of clubs against is much higher then the Board probably won't pursue it.

That's the key to this at the moment, if the resolution meets the voting criteria in every other League expect the Premiership, the Board has the duty to have those conversations. I'm more interested in hearing the actual numbers below the Premiership right now. 

Only 16 yet the SPFL told us that there was sufficient support to justify the indicative vote process! What a ****ing joke.

SpikeDudley
Just now, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Only 16 in support....incredible

Important that we boycott the rest when football eventually does return.

No league reconstruction.. “The SPFL Board today announced that a league-wide consultation exercise has shown there is insufficient support for a new divisional structure and that the current 12-10-10-10 format will remain in place 16 of the 42 clubs favoured changed”

•  

jambo-in-furness

Right Ann, let’s not pussy foot around any longer,  hit them with everything,  including a cease and desist.

I can't believe anyone is actually surprised that it failed. It was never going to happen. 

Let's see if Ann takes them to court now. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I just feel if we win 5/6m it will be better for us longer term.. pay off some of the deadwood shite that have dragged us down.. 

Does that include budge

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Only 16 yet the SPFL told us that there was sufficient support to justify the indicative vote process! What a ****ing joke.

We've been strung along by the looks of it 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Confirmation that the ITK crowd were talking complete shite. 

Normally I would give a bit leeway but the chat has clearly been absolutely miles off.

The SPFL have been playing the lot of us.

Statement hopefully saying it’s off to court we go

Hopefully those hovering on boycotts will now make their minds up.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Wow...

At least James Anderson now knows the type of petty and bitter people he's dealing with . 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

16 😂😂😂

Never a hope in hell we were getting it. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

16 bloody hell, Doncaster said it had significant support 

I think he meant Celtic.

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Wow!! That is a game changer.  Only one route now. 

I wouldn't even trust their figures. After the initial vote? You need it televised have any faith in their actions.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I’m sure he knows what’s coming his way when the rest of Scottish football is talking about it.  Although he could be waiting for doctors to come on this afternoon and be oblivious to it all 

I don't think you understand the sequence to be honest 

7 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Let's not just make up things.

Well, it hardly seems worthwhile being jocular given what has just broken but...

I got the joke Ron (not sure if all did).

Scunnered with the whole process now.My take on this now is we press button, Celtic try to put forward cash for compensation (will be short of what we want} in order for them to get their season going.The next step is for us to tell them to ram it and we carry on regardless.What has happened in France and Belgium will reflect on the decision in our favour.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )