SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Doncaster's arse will be squirming now at the thought of having to take the oath in court 👍 find out what really happened regards Dundee's vote (bring it on)

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Dundee United are going down the Hibs route and an American believing this will kill off Dundee and as a result will hoover all the fans in Dundee who will all of a sudden become Arabs.

If we get the expulsion thrown out by a judge it leaves the SPFL a choice to force the reconstruction or annul the league and deny these arseholes promotion.

Fluorescent Adolescent
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Far better than being left in limbo if true.

Push the button.

I agree. Even if they announce it’s going to EGM there’s no reason to delay with our reaction as it’s pretty clear it would fail.

Statement. Today. Now.

Championship clubs probably came out last night and said they would vote for it as they knew that the Premiership teams wouldn't anyway.

Need to see the full figures across all four divisions.  Can't have 2 or 3 PL teams overruling the majority.

ND up to you firstly, then over to AB.

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers have said No, according to my source. 

I take it from that they want Court, without doing it them self, dearie me. :) 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Doncaster's arse will be squirming now at the thought of having to take the oath in court 👍 find out what really happened regards Dundee's vote (bring it on)

I doubt him taking the oath will ensure he tells the truth.

12 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Dundee Utd voted this way. The owner and Neilson celebrated their promotion with a bottle of Corona.

Utterly horrendous patter.

Christ Almighty, I bought a box of 12 from Asda last week, hang me now.

I think the final dotting of the i's and crossing of the t's will be confirming with Doncaster that they will not use the executive powers to intervene. Once he confirms they will not it's time. 

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So we have 3 teams voting no. Those teams are Hibs, Ross County, Rangers, Dundee United, St Mirren, Hamilton and Aberdeen.

The Record - Doncaster’s paper of choice - said it was at least three so probably more. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

She can shite on my chest if she wants

unnamed (3).jpg

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That doesn't make sense. 

There would be two extra teams in the league. So less chance of being relegated. 

Are you sure your source is sound ? 

The crucial part is if that second relegation place is automatic relegation. If its two teams automatically relegated then you go from a 1 in 12 chance of being automatically relegated to a 1 in 7.  Before with second bottom being a play-off instead of automatic, the Premiership team has a 2 in 3 chance of staying up (based on 6 play-offs since it was introduced, only 2 times Premiership side has gone down (Hibs and Partick.)

The Verminator
2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Need to see the full figures across all four divisions.  Can't have 2 or 3 PL teams overruling the majority.

ND up to you firstly, then over to AB.

Point is that they can - it could have been 39-3 but if those 3 were PL teams, the thing would have been dead - utterly, utterly wrong

Dundee Utd...

A team who massively benefited from changing the rules. And who would surely be more secure in the top league by making it 14 voting no is truly shocking to me. 

I agree with comments above I am properly raging that James Anderson chose to give money to this organisation. Considering his morals and community angle for investing, what has been done to Thistle is just awful. 

I want a very big statement from Budge imminently with regards to legal action. 

brunoatemyhamster

Waiting on the " but we've got a special idea we've been sitting on, just leave it with us for a couple of weeks" card being played. 

We should not feel any guilt at what might happen next. 

This is what they want. 

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

A4A88A7A-F4F8-4ABA-A433-7E6112C8C960.jpeg

Not surprised in the slightest by this 

The SPFL will have known this as well 

They are only playing this out in the hope that it allows them some sort of defence in the court room. In my own opinion. 

Other side is that it’s all paper talk and we still await the decision. Who really knows what’s going on behind closed doors at the moment and what’s being said 

if they right the wrongs and reinstate us then that would be the least messy of the 2.

If they pose an unjust decision on us and regardless if they say that “they did everything they could to allow us to stay up, it won’t wash, as the impact of their unjust decision will be full blown, therefore we have every right to go to town on not only the SPFL but every club who voted to do this to us. Zero sympathy for any club who experiences hardship as a result of us going to court. 

If Rangers have voted no then it will be because they want us to expose what went on in court 

9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers have said No, according to my source. 

If that’s true I think it is because they want us to take it to court, and doing so will get rid of their intended targets.

1 minute ago, The Verminator said:

Point is that they can - it could have been 39-3 but if those 3 were PL teams, the thing would have been dead - utterly, utterly wrong

I know, you're absolutely right but this is when we find if the board are willing to use executive powers.  Regardless of what has been postured up to now.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Yep. Looks like they didn't read Patrick Thistle's statement about doing the decent thing.

I hope AB is reflecting on how ridiculous it is that our benefactor gave these people money. Utterly bizarre.

It's not bizzare, it will look very favourable for us in court if the duty of care aspect is reflected and reviewed. 

It will be interesting to see the final vote numbers,  if there is still a majority and it’s the 3 diddy clubs that have blocked it then I’d be shocked if ND doesn’t use the executive power,  especially if it was back by the old firm as well. 

jamboinglasgow

To show how stupid the rules are for the Premiership, if the voting system was the same as the other 3 leagues then this would mean it passes as there is 75% in favour.

Still think it will go to the EGM and those clubs will have a very hard week.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Not surprised in the slightest by this 

The SPFL will have known this as well 

They are only playing this out in the hope that it allows them some sort of defence in the court room. In my own opinion. 

Other side is that it’s all paper talk and we still await the decision. Who really knows what’s going on behind closed doors at the moment and what’s being said 

if they right the wrongs and reinstate us then that would be the least messy of the 2.

If they pose an unjust decision on us and regardless if they say that “they did everything they could to allow us to stay up, it won’t wash, as the impact of their unjust decision will be full blown, therefore we have every right to go to town on not only the SPFL but every club who voted to do this to us. Zero sympathy for any club who experiences hardship as a result of us going to court. 

Only 9 votes needed for a 14 team top flight if they went 14-10-10-8.

Oneneilberry
1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

If Rangers have voted no then it will be because they want us to expose what went on in court 

Was just thinking that too

The Championship clubs suddenly dropping their opposition to it was obviously in the knowledge the Premiership would block it.    They all want to dodge the Hearts boycott.     They'll be disappointed.

Nah they wanted there set up.Also probably quite happy to see us down they will see it as payback.

JamboGraham

It’s still just an indicative vote today right?

If only 3 have indicated they will vote against 75% is a clear endorsement that the majority of clubs support change...for me that’s enough to go to an EGM with further lobbying to come....all depends on why each club has voted no at the stage and if there is any way round that?

If it’s nearer to half against then it’s clearly dead...I wonder if the SPFL will release the numbers as it being very tight could support our legal case.

Interesting few hours ahead...

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If that’s true I think it is because they want us to take it to court, and doing so will get rid of their intended targets.

Or they are just ***** who felt they had to vote the opposite way from celtic and don't give a shiney about Hearts. 

And because we can mess with next season riling Celtic along the way if we stop the league starting 

ToadKiller Dog

The trump supporter at tannadice said from the start that were against any for of reconstruction at any time .I think that was forgotten in the run up to today .

To expect a US businessman to act any other way but in short term self interest is ridiculous. 

Over time they will turn the clubs they own into wastelands .

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Excellent points made about the stability and security that clubs require to have the time and patience to bring up young players to the required standard to give them a chance to succeed, and also support their local communities by employment and social initiatives.

This fascination that clubs and the media have with not having “meaningless games” is creating a cut throat environment which is doing Scottish football more harm than good. A club, generally, cannot risk having a poor season anymore, knowing that they may not get the chance to then recover to do better the next season, without major upheaval and the heartbreak of making non playing employees redundant.  

Life is completely different to the days of the old 18 team leagues. Job security was much greater then. There was less financial pressure on people. Less fashionable Scottish clubs did quite well playing in European competitions.

How long since we qualified for an international tournament? How long since any Scottish club made a serious dent in European competition?

Not suggesting returning to an 18 team league, but some kind of increase must be better than the senseless model that is currently degrading our football, and making rival fans wish failure on clubs, rather than just a lack of success.

Absolutely, fear affects teams more the higher you go up the leagues, leading to negativity and obsessing about losing money as opposed to the chance of progression.

2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I know, you're absolutely right but this is when we find if the board are willing to use executive powers.  Regardless of what has been postured up to now.

I think we already know the answer to that 

Here is the point.

If the board use executive powers, Ross County might take them to court.  Maybe even such as Motherwell might think, despite the way they voted, that the vote has been disrespected.  Maybe, might, possibly.

If they don't use executive powers, we will take them to court.  Will, definitely, absolutely.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Christ Almighty, I bought a box of 12 from Asda last week, hang me now.

There's a reason the owner chose that specific brand.

Time to move forward, serve the papers, stop hanging about waiting on Stendel and get a replacement sourced, we need to be ready to go in whatever league we are playing in

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Jammy T said:

This isn’t quite the “tide is turning” info we got on here last night....

I'm more and more inclined to believe a lot of the ITK stuff we get fed on here is complete nonsense. 

The Verminator
2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I think Der Hun spat out the dummy because they wanted their proposal to go through. I wouldn`t be surprised if it raised it`s head again in a few seasons

If this gets 75% why wouldn’t the SPFL just make sure the EGM resolution next week is a 14-10-10-8 set up and no financial change then the vote goes through 

Edited by Jammy T

If there is a substantial majority in favour, surely that is another valuable part of our case in any court action

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, true-jambo said:

If there is a substantial majority in favour, surely that is another valuable part of our case in any court action

It's moot. Even if it was 3-39 the "do no harm" aspect is still overriding.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )