SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Only 9 votes needed for a 14 team top flight if they went 14-10-10-8.

Stranger things have happened. Of course, it would be fool hardy to base your opinion on what the media say. It’s more a feeling than anything else on my part, but your right, no official announcement has been made so anything at the moment is either speculation or opinion in its entirety 

the most important thing now and on the basis of maintaining integrity is that in the event it doesn’t go through, we don’t roll over and accept it, which I believe we absolutely will not

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

It’s still just an indicative vote today right?

If only 3 have indicated they will vote against 75% is a clear endorsement that the majority of clubs support change...for me that’s enough to go to an EGM with further lobbying to come....all depends on why each club has voted no at the stage and if there is any way round that?

If it’s nearer to half against then it’s clearly dead...I wonder if the SPFL will release the numbers as it being very tight could support our legal case.

Interesting few hours ahead...

The indicative vote needs to succeed before an EGM can be called

The more the has developed the more I think a lot more clubs have rejected it. Gutted. 

I hope it does go to court and something comes out the case. I am not sure I would be happy with just compensation. I hope the governance of SPFL changes as result of this whether its Doncaster resigning or they abolish the 11-1 vote. I just want something positive out of this for the game. Cant see it though and I think we will be the only top flight team in Europe to be relegated which is an utter scandal.

bigsuperslim1874
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If this gets 75% why wouldn’t the SPFL just make sure the DGM resolution next week is a 14-10-10-8 set up and no financial change then the vote goes through 

Doesn’t that screw over Brora and Kelty? TBH, I’d rather we went to court and fought it there rather than see anyone missing out.

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If that’s true I think it is because they want us to take it to court, and doing so will get rid of their intended targets.

That’s how it was sold to me. Not buying it tho. 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's moot. Even if it was 3-39 the "do no harm" aspect is still overriding.

Agreed I felt it just underlined and added substance to our case. It certainly would do it no harm

The Verminator
4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I'm more and more inclined to believe a lot of the ITK stuff we get fed on here is complete nonsense. 

I`m with you on that one. Don`t really want to have a go at those who say they are ITK but I feel that they have pulled the wool over my eyes. 

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's a total shambles.    Dundee Utd were obviously content to keep their opposition to it under wraps in the belief that it was going to fail anyway.    As soon as it appears it might succeed,   they suddenly decide they need to break cover.     These ***** can't even be honest about whether or not they support anything.     It makes a mockery of the idea of an indicative vote.      

Clubs are utterly dishonest,   secretive and cowardly.     

There seems to be a problem with all of these clubs with American owners - Utd, Dundee, Ayr, Hibs!

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The indicative vote needs to succeed before an EGM can be called

So two choices SPFL use their executive powers or were off to court.

1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Doesn’t that screw over Brora and Kelty? TBH, I’d rather we went to court and fought it there rather than see anyone missing out.

Not that I think it'll happen but they would be voted in on a separate vote afterwards

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The Championship clubs suddenly dropping their opposition to it was obviously in the knowledge the Premiership would block it.    They all want to dodge the Hearts boycott.     They'll be disappointed.

100%

20 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, don’t know where Inplucked that from. Think I’ve mangled my memories of Juve and Real Madrid together somehow. Nedved replaced ZZ when he left Juve, I think. Anyway, the point was more that the Real Madrid team of that era was just insane. A superstar in every position.

Superstars but not actually a good team. After the 2002 CL they won very little.

1 minute ago, The Verminator said:

I`m with you on that one. Don`t really want to have a go at those who say they are ITK but I feel that they have pulled the wool over my eyes. 

I think we just need to put ITK in some perspective. They will perhaps know someone who is involved in the process but it's impossible to predict the actions of 3rd parties. 

Reconstruction should have been tied in with the vote to end the season. 

Clubs have now moved on from the first vote and are not seeing this as a vote to right a previous wrong.

Clubs are simply looking at this a further chance to grab another advantage over a competitor.

I would imagine our QC will be able to use this to even further highlight the injustice of the way the season ended.

We are where we are now and a start on the court proceedings will I think be a good unifying action to rally the fightback.

Personally I'm fed up with this and cannot feckin wait till we fight back.

58 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Absolutely shameless from dundee united. To have benefitted so much already and make that decision is a joke

All the Premier league teams have their own axe to grind - Celtic wanted the title, St Johnstone moved up a place, chance of a euro spot for Aberdeen and Motherwell, Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County duck a relegation/ play off fight, and Hibs just want Hearts down through pure bitterness!!

These turkeys were happy to vote for Christmas as only one turkey was getting slaughtered and it wasn’t them!!!

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m currently hovering around the fat Thor level, but by the afternoon I think I’ll be at vengeful Scarlet Witch level. I’ll update you further in an hour...

Fat Thor?

Personal abuse. Reported. 

😉

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

Not that I think it'll happen but they would be voted in on a separate vote afterwards

You would hope! Just want the legal action to start now....

Personally I’m hoping for an interdict, the sky deal shoved up Doncaster’s arse  and half of Scottish football going bust... then let’s build something new from the ashes.

4 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

I never take notice of itk.

That way you do not build your Hopes up.

Edited by benny

13 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

If Rangers have voted no then it will be because they want us to expose what went on in court 

Or try and null and void Celtic's tainted title.

Was just thinking.

What makes Ross County and Hibs possibly think that fans from other teams will bother travelling to see them if they're stung for compensation for us.  Truly Bizzarre.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Fat Thor?

Personal abuse. Reported. 

😉

:laugh2:

18 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Championship clubs probably came out last night and said they would vote for it as they knew that the Premiership teams wouldn't anyway.

100%. Trying to get the Hearts fans back in their grounds. 

So many statements but at any point did Rangers say relegation was unjust because the season was curtailed?

Let's see if they vote 'No' but if they have it is because they want us to do their dirty work in court.

And after us sticking by them.

The most self confessed dignified club in the world once again, proves to have standards lower than a snakes belly.

Usual caveats of will look stupid if they indeed vote yes.

Edited by DETTY29

4 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

You would hope! Just want the legal action to start now....

Agreed. Hopefully we get a statement confirming this today

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

So two choices SPFL use their executive powers or were off to court.

Given they’ve already said several times they won’t use the executive powers, court is the only option left in the table. ND has about 4 hours to pull something out the bag here

2 minutes ago, Skiba said:

Was just thinking.

What makes Ross County and Hibs possibly think that fans from other teams will bother travelling to see them if they're stung for compensation for us.  Truly Bizzarre.

Because football fans have a very short memory. Once fans are allowed back into football they'll be clamouring.

Rangers wanted Colts in the league that was it.No colts quite happy to see Hearts down and the leagues as is.

Just now, Defender said:

Because football fans have a very short memory. Once fans are allowed back into football they'll be clamouring.

I don’t think their memories will be that short this time.

1 minute ago, AHS51 said:

The more the has developed the more I think a lot more clubs have rejected it. Gutted. 

I hope it does go to court and something comes out the case. I am not sure I would be happy with just compensation. I hope the governance of SPFL changes as result of this whether its Doncaster resigning or they abolish the 11-1 vote. I just want something positive out of this for the game. Cant see it though and I think we will be the only top flight team in Europe to be relegated which is an utter scandal.

The compensation claim is huge with so many factors impacting what the loss of revenue for us would be 

1/ At least one season out with the SPL - equates to 3-4 million in lost revenue. If we argue the fact that we may not necessarily come right back up and we don’t have that automatic entitlement than this figure could spiral 

2/ Championship not potentially playing out - again, through no fault of our own we have a pending restraint of trade option which would equate to further millions 

3/ Finally all the other stuff - hurt and humiliation, the voting scandal, the way it has been handled, unjust decision making etc

Point being it could be millions and no one can deny we have a clear case for compensation 

Re the decision being overturned, I’m not so sure on that one and I really don’t understand if they could, or would reverse it, and in a court of law 

They May rule that the vote takes place again but I don’t see why any of these clubs would vote differently 

Plus if they voted not to relegate us where would that actually leave us with our already awarded compo claim ?

feckin messy but the SPFL are accountable in this whole affair and need strung up by their testacles, at the very minimum 

14 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I'm more and more inclined to believe a lot of the ITK stuff we get fed on here is complete nonsense. 

Of course it is.

People want to puff their chest out and look good.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

So many aggressive comments on here towards rest of Scottish football. 

Most clubs are supporting the new league structure. 

The Verminator
Just now, scotty2442 said:

Apart from the Daily Record it seems to be all quiet from every other source so far 

Yeah, BBC not reporting anything at all and Kheredine (sp) is normally quite good at getting info out there, TE too

1 minute ago, scotty2442 said:

Apart from the Daily Record it seems to be all quiet from every other source so far 

They are usually first or quickest with a story, but never in great detail.  We will see more of it later.

So hibs, Ross county and Dundee United are voting no, let’s take this to court and at least get compensation for relegation 

1 minute ago, The Verminator said:

Yeah, BBC not reporting anything at all and Kheredine (sp) is normally quite good at getting info out there, TE too

Maybe Doncaster is allowing some teams too change their vote.....

I dont think he wants to go to court. 

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Of course it is.

People want to puff their chest out and look good.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

Yep. Fantasists. 

2 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Most clubs also voted to relegate us in the first place 

Think even ITK guys here said it was going to fail. Any hope they had of recon was further down the road. If we get a decent number of Yes votes that's a positive. What I hope doesn't happen is Doncaster gives yet another stalling tactic. The legal action has to start now.

Just now, I.T.K said:

Because they fear a court case. There were 6 clubs in the premier alone who rebuffed reconstruction a few weeks ago. As far as I’m concerned they’re all out enemies except the clubs who voted no in the original resolution to end the league excluding rangers. 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

The compensation claim is huge with so many factors impacting what the loss of revenue for us would be 

1/ At least one season out with the SPL - equates to 3-4 million in lost revenue. If we argue the fact that we may not necessarily come right back up and we don’t have that automatic entitlement than this figure could spiral 

2/ Championship not potentially playing out - again, through no fault of our own we have a pending restraint of trade option which would equate to further millions 

3/ Finally all the other stuff - hurt and humiliation, the voting scandal, the way it has been handled, unjust decision making etc

Point being it could be millions and no one can deny we have a clear case for compensation 

Re the decision being overturned, I’m not so sure on that one and I really don’t understand if they could, or would reverse it, and in a court of law 

They May rule that the vote takes place again but I don’t see why any of these clubs would vote differently 

Plus if they voted not to relegate us where would that actually leave us with our already awarded compo claim ?

feckin messy but the SPFL are accountable in this whole affair and need strung up by their testacles, at the very minimum 

I totally appreciate the compensation could be expensive for clubs I just would hate if the game did not learn from this episode and just revert back to the status quo - which it more likely will. I would love a hefty compensation and a change in which the game is governed in this country but probably pie in the sky thinking with the latter. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )