SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Expect our pre-drafted statement out today.

Burn Scottish football to the ground please Hearts. The more clubs obliterated the better. 

FoH and Hearts supporters clubs should be working on collating their messages regarding boycotts. 

Put in our resignation from this season's (ha ha) Scottish Cup. Couldn't give a toss whether that gives Hibs a bye to the final but they can ram it up their **** sideways. Reinstate Rangers. give it to Celtic, play it in Neil Lennon's back garden - I honestly don't give a **** about it. 

Sums up how I feel as well.

surely to **** we’re not going to agree to play in that utter shambles of a competition. There will be players lifting that trophy who have no right to it.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was always going to fail. It was merely an exercise to avoid litigation by the SPFL. 

Yes, we know that. It's the fact there are only 16 for that has caused some surprise. That is all

Just now, Rory Mcilroy said:

26 clubs voted against doing the right thing. Yet we're lining their pockets with cash 🙄 

Only 11 clubs voted along with the five we know def did (HMFC, ICTFC, PTFC, SFC, and FFC), name and shame.....

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This

Don’t throw in the towel yet. They (SJ, Selkirk, Notts) may be vindicated. This still has mileage in it.

Edited by MCW1976

11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Confirmation that the ITK crowd were talking complete shite. 

I'm not normally one to have a go as I appreciate any updates folk can give; but 16 out of 42. That's pretty ******* damning. 

Libertarian
2 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Time for Scottish Football to be shown up for what it has always been....

CORRUPT TO THE CORE...

FTh 

Personally I would like to see Hearts apply to join the Northern Conference league and make our way through the English pyramid system. Scottish football as far as I am concerned is finished.

Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

Were we one of the 10 Championship clubs that voted for 27 games? Thought we were agin it?

it only needed a 8-2 margin to pass

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Why can't we go to court looking for reconstruction, if that fails then sue for compensation? 27 games next year? 

Also can we refuse clubs como tickets etc? Their boards better be sitting in the roseburn ****ing wanks. 

They should be barred from the ground unless their is an explicit rule that allows them in.

Hope that we are in a position to instruct our lawyers to start legal action today and communicate this to the fans this afternoon. The club have been caught on the back foot with comms to fans earlier in the process. Hopefully they have learned a lesson.

Nookie Bear

I don’t think I have been as angry about the whole situation as I am now, reading that statement. Especially the sneaky 27-game plan. 

At this rate I sill need to boycott all games for the foreseeable as I don’t trust myself to keep calm. 

Reconstruction aside.

The 10 championshp clubs have agreed to a shortened 27 game season. I assume we are included in this. I would like to know if we agreed to this or whether we were a dissenting voice. I would be very disappointed if we agreed to it rather than outvoted. If we agreed to that could this affect compensation claim?

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

And James Anderson has gave them all access to 50k 🤦‍♂️

Absolutely played.

He could now turn around and say that he has made a mistake in supporting this, and withdraw his funds. It was a no catch offer but if he is one of our major benefactors, this has to stick in his throat

heartsfc_fan

Ah well. One thing for it.

Form a 16 team breakaway league with the other 15 amigos

I'm not going to pretend that I'm in any way a legal expert, but I think that we have to get an injunction as soon as possible, to prevent the publication of the fixture list.

Scottish football has thrown Hearts under a bus, we need to look after our interests and our interests alone going forward.

ToadKiller Dog

I'm guessing once it was reported yesterday that there wasnt enough in the top league to back it ,the lower league clubs felt confident to go back to the default self interest position which keeps scottish football in the dark ages .

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Yes, we know that. It's the fact there are only 16 for that has caused some surprise. That is all

I've got to admit, I'm shocked at there only being 16 chairmen who have any sense of decency. Particks statement about 'doing no harm' seems to have absolutely fallen on deaf ears. 

I'd like to hear from Ann ASAP about next steps. She cannot back down. 

18Jambo_dave74
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If we don't have any league games until October how are we expected to have a competitive team out for a national semi before then?

Oh believe me it will be expected - Celtic have a trophy to win. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We take them to court for compensation then they may be forced back to the table over reconstruction through their own means to avoid a payout or, by the courts. 

The Court of Session may recommend that happens just like the French court did. 

The Premiership will already have kicked off by then.

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Were we one of the 10 Championship clubs that voted for 27 games? Thought we were agin it?

It doesn't say it was a unanimous vote

Howdy Doody Jambo

Where did Dungcaster get his estimate from, £388,000. 00 a year for a clown 🤡 

thehibsareintheirbeds
1 minute ago, Hearts Daft said:

If there is a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for the legal fight, I have £200 here to donate. From what I can see we have a really strong case.

Me too and so will hundreds of others.

I just pray to god that Budge, FOH, Leslie and the champagne crew and whoever don't bottle this

9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I was daft enough to believe the ITK crowd on here. 

SJ/Selkirk/Notts. Absolute pish wafflers looking for attention. 

We've been done up a kipper here. Again. 

Add Bongo to that list too. 

3Bigcupsoon

Held off renewing season ticket for this very reason, will renew the minute legal papers are served.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

She has tried, rightly or wrongly, to achieve fairness through the procedures of the spfl. It is now time to get the gloves off and sue. Anything else will create a huge chasm between the club and supporters. 

Aye cause there’s never been a rift during Anne’s tenure.

Im honestly worried now, because nothing I’ve seen from Budge gives me the confidence that she’s got the fire in her belly and the vitriol needed to fight this.

We can’t let this lie and if she tries to dodge going to court, which I don’t think she will; but if she does we as fans have to force her hand.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The Premiership will already have kicked off by then.

We should have started proceedings weeks ago, I’m afraid. 

Walter Bishop
Just now, heartened said:

Reconstruction aside.

The 10 championshp clubs have agreed to a shortened 27 game season. I assume we are included in this. I would like to know if we agreed to this or whether we were a dissenting voice. I would be very disappointed if we agreed to it rather than outvoted. If we agreed to that could this affect compensation claim?

It was a 8-2 in favour.

Will be a disgrace if we agreed to this. Surely this is a restriction of trade and failure to play fixtures? 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We could maybe even beat one or two of them!

Berra than you
Just now, heartened said:

Reconstruction aside.

Highly doubt we agreed to, for the exact reason you highlight. I think it might have been worded something like "would you be able to complete a 27 game season?". Which obviously we can but would prefer 36. So we may have said as much and they have taken it as a yes

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Doubtful we'd go 16 teams because the self interest around 4 games a season (for the OF) is too high. I do think though that this isn't over yet and the prospect of a breakaway league shouldn't be discounted yet. We're fast approaching the point of no return. 

Castle rock
Just now, Jodami said:

The subtler message being conveyed here is many clubs do not believe we will go to court. 

That's my thinking. 

Ti.me to burst there bubble burn it all down

ONLY HEARTS

Was to be expected...

However it has nit stopped me purchasing a season ticket for my self and a first season ticket for my 7 year old daughter. If its less games I dont want the money back. 

I'm a jumbo and will get right behind the team.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I thought it wasn't voting for 27 games, it was saying they'd be able to complete 27 games.

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Goodfella said:

Add Bongo to that list too. 

I called him out a few weeks ago. 

Just sends daft wink faces all the time doesn't have a clue about anything.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Completely disillusioned with Scottish football. 

It’s a hard time for sure. We’ll get things right on the park and be back in the top flight soon. Ann has the. Han e to galvanise the support and create a siege mentality. Hopefully she’s game. 

Captain Canada

Might it be the case that if/when we do raise legal action, Doncaster will just say the SPFL has no money to defend it in court? Other countries have already ruled expulsion illegal, so no club can vote against any decision by the court to reinstate us. 

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

And James Anderson has gave them all access to 50k 🤦‍♂️

Absolutely played.

An utterly bizarre decision to bring him into the mix.

Clubs were goosed without access to that money.

JamboAl1965

Priorities

court

boycott every away ground and the league cup

embarrass.The SPFL  and their sponsors at every opportunity. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, chrisyboy7 said:

Was to be expected...

However it has nit stopped me purchasing a season ticket for my self and a first season ticket for my 7 year old daughter. If its less games I dont want the money back. 

I'm a jumbo and will get right behind the team.

that's covid for you

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

We should have started proceedings weeks ago, I’m afraid. 

Correct. 

Does anyone actually have faith that Ann Budge will go for the jugular on this?

I suspect we will settle out of court for some paltry amount of compensation and that will be that. 

Just now, Castle rock said:

That's my thinking. 

Ti.me to burst there bubble burn it all down

ONLY HEARTS

100% agree. I feel confident we will go to court, too much has been said in public to back down. 

4 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I think it said that it was passed, not that it was unanimous, we may well have voted against but they still got the required numbers.

joondalupjambo

Patrick and Stranraer as well completely played.  We need to now fight rough via the courts.  However I suspect Doncaster will have another trick up his sleeve to delay us again, he just needs to get to releasing the fixture list I think and he might believe that the SPFL are in the clear.  We cannot fall for anything now, up and at them Ann.

All boxes ticked for court papers, we can't say we tried to resolve it before taking action. Time to burn the SPFL to the ground. Cause as many clubs to go to the wall as possible!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53048903

Hearts, Partick Thistle & Stranraer relegations confirmed

Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer have had their relegations confirmed after only 16 clubs indicated that they would vote for league reconstruction.

The SPFL's 42 sides were asked if they would support a permanent 14-10-10-10 setup but the backing fell short of the threshold required.

The league say their board has now "agreed to draw a line under reconstruction talks".

It means that next season will begin with the existing 12-10-10-10 format.

Hearts are consigned to the Scottish Championship, Partick Thistle to the League One and Stranraer to League Two.

The trio were all relegated having been bottom of their respective divisions when the campaign was curtailed amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It also means that Lowland League champions Kelty Hearts and Highland League counterparts Brora Rangers will not be invited to join the SPFL.

League chief executive Neil Doncaster said the clubs' responses give "absolute clarity".

"Whilst a number of clubs were in favour of a new divisional set-up, the support for it was insufficient and we will now move forward based on the current 12-10-10-10 structure," he added.

"Now that we have a confirmed structure for next season, the SPFL's fixturing team will begin work on the Premiership fixture list, which will start on the weekend of 1 August."

The indicative vote was designed to establish whether an EGM should be called to hold a formal ballot.

However, the resolution would need the backing of 32 clubs - with 17 from the top two tiers combined and 11 from the top flight - to pass.

It had been understood an outcome just short of that would also force a vote, but not enough support was forthcoming.

Hearts and Thistle have both mentioned the prospect of mounting a legal challenge against their demotions should this process fail.

Tokyo Drifter
3 minutes ago, heartened said:

Reconstruction aside.

Yeah we need clarity on that. I posted earlier and someone pointed out it only needed an 8-2 majority, so presumably we voted against it.

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Got to give the man his dues. He's got some huge brass balls on him. Must be an excellent poker player!

To go with his brass neck

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )