SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Its all connected cause our shithouse teams let it be.Walked over and bent over its pathetic 

The GFA have ensured we actually do have a "mickey mouse" league that only really benefits the 2 arse cheeks.

My work colleagues based in England tell me Scotland "only has 2 teams".

Its embarrassing!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, SectionN said:

That’s one way of looking at it or looking at it negatively saying more chance of getting relegated as 2 go down.

Yes. Stand over what I’ve been told. 100%

Hopefully Saughton Jambo or anybody else ITK will be able to back that up. 

Very difficult to argue that you have more chance of going down in a league of 14 (with two going down automatically) than in a league of 12 (with one going down automatically and another facing a playoff).

You only need to finish 12th to stay up in the first scenario as opposed to 10th/11th in the second.  Having two automatic relegation spots in a bigger league does not mean there is more chance of going down...(yes, potentially more teams go down but a lower position will also see you safe).

Edited by Stanley_

2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

That’s one way of looking at it or looking at it negatively saying more chance of getting relegated as 2 go down.

Yes. Stand over what I’ve been told. 100%

Hopefully Saughton Jambo or anybody else ITK will be able to back that up. 

I cant say I've seen it anywhere that says we will have 2 teams automtically relegated?

And our current set up can lead to 2 teams going down anyway.

4 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Do we know what amount of detail clubs had?

Things like relegation numbers, split details, European qualifications, prize money allocation, parachute payments etc are all valid issues to clubs.  Lots of speculation here about why clubs would vote against.  If these things are addressed in the info given to clubs, it makes things clearer.

4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Can anyone confirm if this 14-10-10-10 proposal has any detail regarding the split, play offs and relegation or if clubs are being asked to vote blind on that? 

Great minds think alike gnasher75!

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nail and head.

American owner with same idea as Ron? Trying to reverse traditional larger city support of Dundee and Hearts?

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, Stanley_ said:

Very difficult to argue that you have more chance of going down in a league of 14 (with two going down automatically) than in a league of 12 (with one going down automatically and another facing a playoff).

You only need to finish 12th to stay up in the first scenario as opposed to 10th/11th in the second.  Having two automatic relegation spots in a bigger league does not mean there is more chance of going down...

If that is their real issue though

Geoff Kilpatrick

Seems my idiot chairmen prediction is coming true. Not that that was hard. Over to our new signings Q and C to win the game for us.

queensferryjambo
22 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Where are you seeing this?

It's clearly made up on here.

No point in letting any facts get in the way of the seethe madness though :) 

Death to United Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I cant say I've seen it anywhere that says we will have 2 teams automtically relegated?

That's the thing, even if it is 2 auto down.  I mean, really.... that's a reason to blow this whole thing up.

I guess we should remember this is everyone's very last chance for a bit of posturing.  If anyone wants a change to the relegation/playoffs/whatever, this is their last and strongest remaining chance to make a plea for it.  If you're one of only 3 clubs to vote it down, and 2 of you want the same thing, you have achance of getting it just to get the bloody thing through, I suppose.

Its scummy

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

meet and greet

Probably about right, with this shambles of a league set up.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dundee Utd voted this way. The owner and Neilson celebrated their promotion with a bottle of Corona.

Utterly horrendous patter.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

American owner with same idea as Ron? Trying to reverse traditional larger city support of Dundee and Hearts?

The days of the Dundee clubs being big are long gone.

You would would struggle to get 10,000 in total if both were playing at home.

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The GFA have ensured we actually do have a "mickey mouse" league that only really benefits the 2 arse cheeks.

My work colleagues based in England tell me Scotland "only has 2 teams".

Its embarrassing!

We dont but we only have a few with any backbone at all.It was so easy for Rangers and especially Celtic to say they supported  league changes as it makes them seem good guys but the reality is this was never going to pass.

But i cant really blame the Old Firm for this as they said they were for it.Its the others 

Edited by vegas-voss

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Someone said it earlier in this thread. That's the only place I have seen it. I doubt it is true.

The Verminator

Anyone pressing refresh all the time?? Is there a time when we are likely to hear a result - surely it can`t be that difficult to collate 42 answers.....er, hang on lol

1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

Great minds think alike gnasher75!

Uncanny!

Without the details I think quite a lot of clubs might withhold support or might say "in principle yes" but then vote against at the EGM if they don't like the way the split works or there are too many relegation places or not enough promotion places or whatever. 

It's a total shambles.    Dundee Utd were obviously content to keep their opposition to it under wraps in the belief that it was going to fail anyway.    As soon as it appears it might succeed,   they suddenly decide they need to break cover.     These ***** can't even be honest about whether or not they support anything.     It makes a mockery of the idea of an indicative vote.      

Clubs are utterly dishonest,   secretive and cowardly.     

Dundee United are going down the Hibs route and an American believing this will kill off Dundee and as a result will hoover all the fans in Dundee who will all of a sudden become Arabs.

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

It's a total shambles.    Dundee Utd were obviously content to keep their opposition to it under wraps in the belief that it was going to fail anyway.    As soon as it appears it might succeed,   they suddenly decide they need to break cover.     These ***** can't even be honest about whether or not they support anything.     It makes a mockery of the idea of an indicative vote.      

If it is true....

1 minute ago, The Verminator said:

Anyone pressing refresh all the time?? Is there a time when we are likely to hear a result - surely it can`t be that difficult to collate 42 answers.....er, hang on lol

I would have thought the SPFL would have had comms ready to go. Surprised we haven't heard any firm leaks at least so far. Maybe things haven't gone as they expected. Or maybe they are just completely unprepared.

Just blow up the whole rotten racket.    Make them pay the price and leave them wishing they had never messed with us.

2 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

Probably by a week next Thursday.

Fluorescent Adolescent
Just now, Soapy Soutar said:

If it is true....

I’d bet it most certainly is.

American owner, chance to get one over a rival.

Sound familiar?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Dundee United are going down the Hibs route and an American believing this will kill off Dundee and as a result will hoover all the fans in Dundee who will all of a sudden become Arabs.

All part of the problem. These Americans have absolutely no idea of the partisan nature of the game here.  If that’s the way they are thinking then they are in for a nasty shock. 

Just now, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

I’d bet it most certainly is.

American owner, chance to get one over a rival.

Sound familiar?

Has Ron come out and said this.Inwas very much of the thought that the guy really couldnt give a **** about Hibs never mind having a thought on us 😂

brunoatemyhamster
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Time for Judy and Rinder yet?

Time for Dredd I hope. 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yep. Looks like they didn't read Patrick Thistle's statement about doing the decent thing.

I hope AB is reflecting on how ridiculous it is that our benefactor gave these people money. Utterly bizarre.

23 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Don't think Nedved ever played with Ronaldo

No, don’t know where Inplucked that from. Think I’ve mangled my memories of Juve and Real Madrid together somehow. Nedved replaced ZZ when he left Juve, I think. Anyway, the point was more that the Real Madrid team of that era was just insane. A superstar in every position.

Just now, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Record reporting it’s dead and it won’t be revisited.

Since this whole sorry debacle started the one rag that has consistently published anti Hearts stories has been the Record. 

I'll be honest, when the news broke this morning that Robbo had extended his contract at ICT, I assumed it was because enough clubs would be voting for recon, meaning that Stendel would keep his role with us and there's be no potential return to Gorgie for him. 

Interesting times, especially if the a United rumour is true. I didn't see them taking the Hibs/County stance given they benefitted from the call to end the league. Shameless if true. 

Hopefully this is the day Mrs Budge hands over to the appointed legal reps to serve papers. We need to move on. 

So we have 3 teams voting no. Those teams are Hibs, Ross County, Rangers, Dundee United, St Mirren, Hamilton and Aberdeen.

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Record reporting it’s dead and it won’t be revisited.

Far better than being left in limbo if true.

Push the button.

Just now, Pilmuir said:

I hope AB is reflecting on how ridiculous it is that our benefactor gave these people money. Utterly bizarre.

Totally agree.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just blow up the whole rotten racket.    Make them pay the price and leave them wishing they had never messed with us.

This... set phasers to pagger.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

So we have 3 teams voting no. Those teams are Hibs, Ross County, Rangers, Dundee United, St Mirren, Hamilton and Aberdeen.

Yes, if I've read this thread correctly.🙂

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )