SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, benny said:

So do they vote in the SPL section

deleted a post this morning asking the same thing

But in my stupidity, I assumed DU would vote "for", so it wouldnt matter if it was our vote or their vote.

FFS

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

32 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

As, I think, Falkirk said recently, if Celtic had been 1 point ahead of Rangers, they wouldn't have been given the league championship, like Raith Rovers were. There have been so many inconsistent decisions tied into the shambles of Good Friday. 

Calling the decision making of the SPFL board, and clubs, in this affair, inconsistent, is being kind. Corrupt is probably a better description.

But Celtic got their cheap title so all is fair.

I don't think they all reckoned on Hearts fighting as hard to overcome this. Maybe assured by all those phone calls that all would be fine.

Your first point is no doubt correct but all the SPFL need to do to counter it is say "aye we wid" and you've lost the argument.

I am usually the mildest mannered guy, not wishing ill on anyone, apart from bigots. However I really really want us to take them to court and bring the whole edifice crashing down.

A lot of folk blame the Old Firm for the state of Scottish football but i will tell you what the worst part of in Scotland is teams have no ****ing backbone and cant stand on their own ****ing feet.So the phrase Scotland needs Celtic and Rangers is so ****ing correct its depressing.

Dundee United are also concerned that if the format in the 14 team league results in 2 teams getting relegated it would a lot more risk since they are the new boys.

Hungry hippo
Just now, stuart500 said:

Better it fails now so we can get on with the court action.

No point holding back. Press the button.

I agree. Not fussed about this.

Worst case scenario is we play in The Championship and lose in court. Neither would be ideal but I'm comfortable with both.

Bring it on.

Soapy Soutar
Just now, SectionN said:

Dundee United are also concerned that if the format in the 14 team league results in 2 teams getting relegated it would a lot more risk since they are the new boys.

Where are you seeing this?

Just now, The Verminator said:

Ha ha ha - fat Thor made me laugh out loud. It`s a bit like one of the world`s best strikers is now known as the Fat Ronaldo lol

It’s even sadder watching Ronaldo these days, isn’t it? Genuinely believe he was even better than the other Ronaldo, and Messi. Loved watching that man play football. An absolute joy to watch. Ronaldo and Zidane in the same team was just utterly obscene. That’s before you even mention Figo, Nedved, Carlos and RVN. 

:wow:

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The podcast by Tom English today should make for good listening ;) 

What time is that usually available?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Either midday or 1 depending on the conflicting answers already given to that question.

2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

That doesn't make much sense.  If I was a team worried about relegation, I'd rather be in a league of 14 where top 12 are safe than in a league of 12 where only the top 10 are safe (and 11th in a playoff)...

1 minute ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Where are you seeing this?

A third party who is very close to Dundee Utds American owners. I don’t want to say too much  on a public forum but I have no reason to doubt his info. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

So their ambition ranges from getting an extra game against the uglies, to avoiding being relegated in an extended league?

Wow. They’re really pushing the boat out. What a great addition to the Premiership.

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Someone earlier on the thread said around 12.30pm ish mate. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think we can all agree however; despite what works well on Shreddies, is that Dundee as a whole footballing entity, and a city...is a toilet.

Don’t call it ‘Scumdee’ for nothing I guess. 

The Verminator
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s even sadder watching Ronaldo these days, isn’t it? Genuinely believe he was even better than the other Ronaldo, and Messi. Loved watching that man play football. An absolute joy to watch. Ronaldo and Zidane in the same team was just utterly obscene. That’s before you even mention Figo, Nedved, Carlos and RVN. 

I also read your first comment as "hoovering" lol

I won a stack of money on Ronaldo being Golden Boot winner at the 2002 (I think) World Cup - he was something like 16/1!

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

A lot of folk blame the Old Firm for the state of Scottish football but i will tell you what the worst part of in Scotland is teams have no ****ing backbone and cant stand on their own ****ing feet.So the phrase Scotland needs Celtic and Rangers is so ****ing correct its depressing.

It’s all connected back to them though. If Dundee United have just voted against because they will have less games v the OF, what does that tell you? The OF have power over almost every other club. This is why one of the first changes I’d like to see made to Scottish football is a cap on the percentage of away supporters a team can sell tickets to. 

2 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

That doesn't make much sense.  If I was a team worried about relegation, I'd rather be in a league of 14 where top 12 are safe than in a league of 12 where only the top 10 are safe (and 11th in a playoff)...

Stop being logical about things.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He was a sight to behold. The step over and shift to the right move he did worked almost everytime. Even when defenders knew the move they still fell on their arse as they just couldnt shift like he did. 

He also perfected the toe bash. How many goals did he score using that lol

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Let's be honest Dundee Utd want Hearts in the Championship so it scuppers Dundees chances of promotion. 

Nail and head.

3 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Any team citing self interest and by definition confirming they are happy to perpetuate the detriment to fellow members, really just add more weight to our argument in court.

They are now deliberately and knowingly breaking their membership obligations.

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Its impossible to keep up with this thread, what did that mouthpiece macgregor say?

I'd the general consensus that Celtic,Rangers,aberdeen etc are happy with the recommendation structuon proposals but Hibs will vote no due to a misguided sense of rivalry above doing the right thing and Ross County to vote no because their chairman is a c##t

I’d say you’ve kept up with things pretty well based on that.

2 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

I also read your first comment as "hoovering" lol

I won a stack of money on Ronaldo being Golden Boot winner at the 2002 (I think) World Cup - he was something like 16/1!

Don't think Nedved ever played with Ronaldo

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Either midday or 1 depending on the conflicting answers already given to that question.

Cheers 👍

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Soapy Soutar
4 minutes ago, SectionN said:

A third party who is very close to Dundee Utds American owners. I don’t want to say too much  on a public forum but I have no reason to doubt his info. 

Fair enough i respect that.

Thanks for the info

GorgieRules22

It’s as clear as day that this vote has gone against us and has been now for a few days now.

Break the silence at the club for **** sake and take them to task.

Edited by GorgieRules22

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

He was a sight to behold. The step over and shift to the right move he did worked almost everytime. Even when defenders knew the move they still fell on their arse as they just couldnt shift like he did. 

He also perfected the toe bash. How many goals did he score using that lol

Frightening, wasn’t it. Big lad too, and like shit off a shovel. Imagine being a (even world class) defender and seeing that big goofy machine motoring towards you, feet rotating round the ball like Sonic the Hedgehog... “**** this... anyone fancy a pint?”

Just now, Sooperstar said:

You can also add 12.30 to that now!

So anytime in the early afternoon. Thanks to all for the replies. 👍

The Verminator
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Frightening, wasn’t it. Big lad too, and like shit off a shovel. Imagine being a (even world class) defender and seeing that big goofy machine motoring towards you, feet rotating round the ball like Sonic the Hedgehog... “**** this... anyone fancy a pint?”

Personally, I think it was all down to the haircut - how could you take your eyes off that to concentrate on the ball lol

11 minutes ago, SectionN said:

That doesn't make sense. 

There would be two extra teams in the league. So less chance of being relegated. 

Are you sure your source is sound ? 

Said for ages that court was the only way to sort all of this out. Now I know some will say it’s been delayed to give the SPFL every chance to right the wrong.  We can’t delay this any longer. No more prevarication or delay Mrs Budge, get those papers into court today.

Fluorescent Adolescent
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

That doesn't make sense. 

There would be two extra teams in the league. So less chance of being relegated. 

But one of them would be Hearts and they know 9 times out of 10 we’ll finish above them.

Same goes for Hamilton, Ross County etc.

That’s the level of warped thinking we’re dealing with here.

Who mentioned self interest? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s all connected back to them though. If Dundee United have just voted against because they will have less games v the OF, what does that tell you? The OF have power over almost every other club. This is why one of the first changes I’d like to see made to Scottish football is a cap on the percentage of away supporters a team can sell tickets to. 

Its all connected cause our shithouse teams let it be.Walked over and bent over its pathetic 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Chain Pier opens at 11am for take away alcohol nice we wall to lean on looking over to Fife then chuck yerself in the forth with all this manure going on. Happy to meet and greet lol

Do we know what amount of detail clubs had?

Things like relegation numbers, split details, European qualifications, prize money allocation, parachute payments etc are all valid issues to clubs.  Lots of speculation here about why clubs would vote against.  If these things are addressed in the info given to clubs, it makes things clearer.

Can anyone confirm if this 14-10-10-10 proposal has any detail regarding the split, play offs and relegation or if clubs are being asked to vote blind on that? 

So a team that had a financial incentive to expel us...voted to expel us, and that same team, who have a financial incentive to vote no to reconstruction...have voted no. I’ve said it before but Lionel Hutz could win this court case. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That doesn't make sense. 

That’s one way of looking at it or looking at it negatively saying more chance of getting relegated as 2 go down.

Yes. Stand over what I’ve been told. 100%

Hopefully Saughton Jambo or anybody else ITK will be able to back that up. 

52 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Be surprised if he’s on today, he’s usually on most days but not since last Monday, and i’m also concerned whats happened to wee Mikey.

From rumours it may be that TE has been busy pulling things together for a piece about a rift at Hibs. He’ll have been a busy guy.

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Do we know what amount of detail clubs had?

Things like relegation numbers, split details, European qualifications, prize money allocation, parachute payments etc are all valid issues to clubs.  Lots of speculation here about why clubs would vote against.  If these things are addressed in the info given to clubs, it makes things clearer.

Thats all in Phase 2, i.e. the resolution given to clubs to vote on at the EGM.

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Dundee United will lose more money  by us winning in court, poor choice by them.

Shame good away day. 

Soapy Soutar

All 42 clubs have a duty of care to all other members,yes i get self interest will always play a part.However nobody can argue that this has been unfair and to voye against righting this wrong to earn your club a few more quid ****ing stinks

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )