SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Back to 2005
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This type of mindset is just shit its not about saving Hearts its about doing the right thing and doing something a bit more interesting with the league ( personally hoped things had changed even more ).Not one single team should be punished for Coronavirus.

The hypocrisy is mind blowing. Any SPFL board member should attend tynecastle at their own risk. They are doing their best to kill us as a club. Its outrageous.  

7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not really keen on Dempster either. 

Inclined to agree but the .nut paranoia would be fun. 

"She'll tell hertz aw oor secrets, likesay, ken"? 

The only revelation Lochend Leeeeane could tell us is that they're an ever bigger shower of ****s than we ever thought possible. 

28 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I get the feeling Ron the Con thinks if we go down and he keeps the green franchise of Edinburgh everyone in Edinburgh including Hearts fans will flock to see Hibs?

That’s exactly his way of thinking. He forgets this isn’t the same as a franchise for Uncle Sam 

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This type of mindset is just shit its not about saving Hearts its about doing the right thing and doing something a bit more interesting with the league ( personally hoped things had changed even more ).Not one single team should be punished for Coronavirus.

I know. The all about Hearts mantra is so infuriating. (let's assume that also means PT & Stran)

THIS IS IS IS ALL ABOUT HEARTS!!!!!!

It's not about the betterment of Scottish football. Its not about what other teams can get out of it. It's not about looking at a stable status quo with a restructure in a years time when we can think about it.

It's 100% about rectifying the wrongs of an underhand, sneaky, immoral, unfair and very likely illegal vote which harmed 3/5 clubs.

This is about the whole of Scottish football SHARING the burden of Covid19, like it should have been in the first place if the SPFL had done their jobs and more members had a soul, instead of inflicting it on a minority.

Yes, its all about Hearts. Because you *******s made it all about Hearts.

Sheeeeesh

Edited by TheBigO

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

"She'll tell hertz aw oor secrets, likesay, ken"? 

Like:

“Yeah, they’re not really over it at all, lads.”

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

indianajones

Popcorn at the ready. 

Papers served in person I hope. I'd love to see the look on that arseholes face. 

41 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The podcast by Tom English today should make for good listening ;) 

Do you know what time it’s on? I couldn’t see it on the radio Scotland website. I’ve heard it’s going to be good 

David McCaig
31 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I get the feeling Ron the Con thinks if we go down and he keeps the green franchise of Edinburgh everyone in Edinburgh including Hearts fans will flock to see Hibs?

You would have thought that someone would explain that all this will do is make Hearts stronger. In fact all Ron will achieve is :

1. Reunite a fractured Hearts support

2. Open Ann's eyes to the reality of Scottish Football.

3.  Bring our benefactor(s) out into the open and inspire them to back Hearts more heavily.

4. Worst case scenario... Puts Hearts matches live on free tv every week as they romp to the Championship - thus attracting more fans to Tynecastle.

5. ... Almost forgot about the £8m in our back pocket as well 😎

The Old Tolbooth
9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Serve the papers, Ann! 

HOLD... HOLD....... - Braveheart - quickmeme

6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Do you know what time it’s on? I couldn’t see it on the radio Scotland website. I’ve heard it’s going to be good 

I don't mate no, I'm not even sure where to find it tbh, but know it should be good. 

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Yep, hoping the papers are in Doncaster's hand before 9am.

The only paper gets before 9am is the daily ****** that Keef Jackson hands in to him when he pops in for their morning daisy chain wi Lawell, Mclennan and Reid

Its impossible to keep up with this thread, what did that mouthpiece macgregor say?

I'd the general consensus that Celtic,Rangers,aberdeen etc are happy with the recommendation structuon proposals but Hibs will vote no due to a misguided sense of rivalry above doing the right thing and Ross County to vote no because their chairman is a c##t

Hungry hippo
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

An EGM is at much.shorter notice than an AGM.

Late night typo. Def meant EGM.

Biffa Bacon
7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Its impossible to keep up with this thread, what did that mouthpiece macgregor say?

I'd the general consensus that Celtic,Rangers,aberdeen etc are happy with the recommendation structuon proposals but Hibs will vote no due to a misguided sense of rivalry above doing the right thing and Ross County to vote no because their chairman is a c##t

Thats the size of it, but we don't know if there has been any change since the last update. Kheredine reporting last night that the Championship teams were now backing the reconstruction, which is a major shift, if true.

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

So we know there’s not going to be enough vindictive votes but what happens next ?

A Freudian slip!!

16 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Podcast usually available from lunchtime on BBC Sport website. There is a link on the Scottish Football page

22games nro
43 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

One paper this morning.

SPFL “We won’t bend the rules to save Hearts.”

Ffs they’ve already done that to eject us.

Scumbags.

fine, let court proceeding commence,

not being over confident as it's never a certainty  but if we did end up winning they cant say we didn't warn them we'd start proceedings.

Just hope FOH are ready with whatever system to allow us to start donating to the court costs ASAP.

only hearts.jpg

13 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

So we know there’s not going to be enough vindictive votes but what happens next ?

I'm sure there will be more than enough vindictive votes for it to fail.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

My guess is enough support for an EGM ?

It was more the fact you said vindictive rather than indicative.

Although ironically it's the vindictive votes from Hibs and Ross County that are the issue.

Latest drivel from the record

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-dealt-further-blow-spfl-22191688

Hearts dealt further blow as SPFL chiefs rule out 'executive' decision
Former Hearts chairman Leslie Deans insists Neil Doncaster should make the decision himself but it's understood they won't do that.

SPFL chiefs insist they won’t bend their rules to save Hearts from relegation despite a legal threat to wreck the season.

Former Tynecastle chairman Leslie Deans cranked up the pressure by insisting his old club could use a legal interdict to prevent the top flight starting as planned on August 1 unless they are spared from the drop by league reconstruction.

His open letter to Hampden’s sixth floor comes ahead of Monday morning’s 10am deadline for indicative votes on a 14-10-10-10 revamp.

Any proposal would require the support of 11 of the 12 top-flight clubs as well as 75 per cent of all of Scotland’s 42 senior clubs.

Deans has called for league chief Neil Doncaster to use executive powers to force change through if more than 50 per cent are in favour.

However, his demand has been dismissed as a non-starter with one source saying: “The board does have executive powers which can be used in extreme circumstances.

“Those powers could have come into play back in March had 80 per cent of the clubs not backed the SPFL proposal to bring the season to an end because of the pandemic.

“That was a crisis situation and something completely out of the ordinary. Hearts not liking the result of a democratic vote is not such an event. It’s a non-starter.”

Deans is adamant reconstruction should be railroaded through from the top even if the proposal falls short of the 75 per cent threshold.

In his open letter he wrote: “We’ve now reached D-Day. Will clubs elect for reconstruction to 14-10-10-10 where no club suffers major harm or do they reject the opportunity before them?

“If more than 21 of our 42 clubs give the proposal a positive response, will the board use the executive powers it possesses to impose reconstruction?

“Neil Doncaster said on Sky TV as recently as last Friday that the board could not go against the will of the majority of the clubs. Imposed reconstruction would prove he spoke with honesty and integrity. Partick Thistle’s excellent statement on June 13 calls for clubs to come together and cause no lasting harm.

“The alternative is the litigation which Hearts, and perhaps others, will have to pursue.

“I believe the already strong case is strengthened by the restraint of trade principle and decisions in France and Belgium.

“The SPFL board should consider the damage this litigation could cause.

“Firstly, as someone who’s been in the legal profession for 45 years, I can assure them it could be months or years before any case is finally settled.

“Secondly, Hearts could seek interdict to prevent the league starting.

“If they did, would the Sky TV deal be affected?

“How would clubs entering European competitions be affected? Would UEFA suspend the participation of Scottish clubs until the proceedings were completed?

“If Hearts ask the court to ring fence £8million to cover potential damages and costs, how would a club who voted yes feel when their payment from SPFL was reduced?

“How would they react to a board who had the power to avoid all this yet refused to exercise it?

“And what might James Anderson think of Scottish football putting self interest and vindictive insularity before the greater good, when even the SPFL rules oblige clubs to act ‘in the utmost good faith’ to each other?

“If enough clubs refuse to do the right and honourable thing then the board must do so.”

Edited by gavin1985

21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

HOLD... HOLD....... - Braveheart - quickmeme

I don't mate no, I'm not even sure where to find it tbh, but know it should be good. 

Usually on line about 12 

33 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Usually appears about 12.30pm matey

Edited by rory78

14 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Thats the size of it, but we don't know if there has been any change since the last update. Kheredine reporting last night that the Championship teams were now backing the reconstruction, which is a major shift, if true.

So basically we could get enough votes everywhere apart from these 2 clubs?

I hope that the screws are applied to these clubs so that they see their position os actually going to be harmful to everyone. One thing is for sure, Hibs have burned any bridges that have been built between us and them over the last few years, I look forward to their inevitable demise

Kenny Dalglish seems to think that the fairest outcome is for Inverness to be promoted along with Dundee Utd and for us to have a one off game v Dundee to decide the other club.

After all we finished bottom of the SPFL he said. The league was never played to a conclusion in the rush to award your beloved Mob the title and since when was it ever fair for a team in third place to be involved in a play-off. 

Maybe this was part of the conversation between Liewell and Nelms then Kenny. 

indianajones
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Kenny Dalglish seems to think that the fairest outcome is for Inverness to be promoted along with Dundee Utd and for us to have a one off game v Dundee to decide the other club.

After all we finished bottom of the SPFL he said. The league was never played to a conclusion in the rush to award your beloved Mob the title and since when was it ever fair for a team in third place to be involved in a play-off. 

Maybe this was part of the conversation between Liewell and Nelms then Kenny. 

He's batshit mental. 

Hearts were closer to Hamilton than Rangers were to Celtic. 

You can't have one rule for us and another for them Kenny you slavering arsehole. 

As much as I would like to see recon happening, I am now more hoping for it to fail for legal action. So much deadwood could be cleared in Scottish football. Clubs that survive could then be part of recon after. 

Heartsmad1874
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The podcast by Tom English today should make for good listening ;) 

Be surprised if he’s on today, he’s usually on most days but not since last Monday, and i’m also concerned whats happened to wee Mikey.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

He's batshit mental. 

You can't have one rule for us and another for them Kenny you slavering arsehole. 

As, I think, Falkirk said recently, if Celtic had been 1 point ahead of Rangers, they wouldn't have been given the league championship, like Raith Rovers were. There have been so many inconsistent decisions tied into the shambles of Good Friday. 

Calling the decision making of the SPFL board, and clubs, in this affair, inconsistent, is being kind. Corrupt is probably a better description.

But Celtic got their cheap title so all is fair.

I don't think they all reckoned on Hearts fighting as hard to overcome this. Maybe assured by all those phone calls that all would be fine.

Soapy Soutar
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

As, I think, Falkirk said recently, if Celtic had been 1 point ahead of Rangers, they wouldn't have been given the league championship, like Raith Rovers were. There have been so many inconsistent decisions tied into the shambles of Good Friday. 

Calling the decision making of the SPFL board, and clubs, in this affair, inconsistent, is being kind. Corrupt is probably a better description.

I don't think they all reckoned on Hearts fighting as hard to overcome this. Maybe assured by all those phone calls that all would be fine.

If celtic had been 4 points ahead like we were adrift not a chance they would have been award the title.

Biffa Bacon
5 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

If celtic had been 4 points ahead like we were adrift not a chance they would have been award the title.

Or 2 points behind with a game in hand.

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

“One source said”...

I’ll not be ruling anything out based on some trollop that can only be identified as “one source”. :lol: 

“One source” “club insider”. Amazes me people still read, even worse, believe what these clowns write. 

Hector Riva
51 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

You would have thought that someone would explain that all this will do is make Hearts stronger. In fact all Ron will achieve is :

1. Reunite a fractured Hearts support

2. Open Ann's eyes to the reality of Scottish Football.

3.  Bring our benefactor(s) out into the open and inspire them to back Hearts more heavily.

4. Worst case scenario... Puts Hearts matches live on free tv every week as they romp to the Championship - thus attracting more fans to Tynecastle.

5. ... Almost forgot about the £8m in our back pocket as well 😎

8 million :phface:   10 million  :smugger:

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The game changer was James Anderson saying he would underwrite our legal costs.

Partick are just as aggrieved as us, but legally neutered by lack of finance.  

The SPFL knew their decision was legally wrong, they arrogantly assumed that no one would be financially strong enough to fight the injustice.

Just now, Soapy Soutar said:

What if Rangers held the same margin as Celtic did? Same outcome? Not sure is the point. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Certainly if either were 2 behind with a game in hand, the decision would have been different. But it was only Partick and only relegation, right?

Imagine the papers, the outcry, the celebrity and political support had the league been called in those circumstances!!!

Wonder if Celtic would take their medicine. Wonder if anyone would tell them to?

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's batshit mental. 

This. They just don't see it. It's ALL about awarding Celtic 9 in a row. Nothing else matters to them. We are the sideshow

25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sounds horrifying. Wonder what the interest rates are. 

Is there any interest attached to the government loans mentioned? The ones for clubs <£45m turnover? 

Either way. If any competitors start building up millions of pounds of debt whilst we rely on donations from FoH and Anderson, then we will be in a much healthier place than them a few years down the line. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Also from my link above:-

In the Premiership, an expanded league would not only dilute the prize money on offer to its participants but would also increase the probability of relegation for clubs in the bottom half of the table. It is understood that a minimum of two teams would be relegated each season under the proposed format, which will likely lead to clubs that believe they will be there or thereabouts next season to reject it, and only two top-flight teams need to knock back the proposal for it to fail.

This has been clouded over a bit and rarely mentioned.

IMO opinion it should be as before, 1 automatic + 1 play-off

The thing is there is no detail on the SPFL's proposal, that's  to be ironed out.  The clubs only have to vote on whether the 14-10-10-10 format is acceptable.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

The game changer was James Anderson saying he would underwrite our legal costs.

Partick are just as aggrieved as us, but legally neutered by lack of finance.  

The SPFL knew their decision was legally wrong, they arrogantly assumed that no one would be financially strong enough to fight the injustice.

I have a feeling Partick and Stranraer will be along for the ride. I'd be very happy if we subsidised that too.

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Be surprised if he’s on today, he’s usually on most days but not since last Monday, and i’m also concerned whats happened to wee Mikey.

Not toeing the party line? Silenced temporarily?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )