• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

hearts 4 the cup

We are a bizarre bunch at times. RN gave us his best years as a player, great spell in his first job as manager - won the championship at a canter, 3rd place finish second season and left us in 2nd place around November time in his third season.

We should be delighted that a manager with this pedigree (also just won the league we’re likely to compete in next season) is joining us.

feel sorry for DS but can’t say I was convinced he was the right man to get us out the championship 

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm just assuming that he will be on a 3 year deal. I've not read the announcement in full. 

Craig advised him to push for 4. Anne's given him 7. Continuity appointment.

Jesus Christ.

Apparently It's fans didn't like him even after romping the championship. 

Apparently some Hearts fans don't like him after romping the championship then getting into Europe.

Funny thing is we need someone who knows how to romp the championship.

We have seen how style is bollox if the results dont follow. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

**** it, I am on board. No other way.

I don't think your heart could take another 3 years of being in a rage. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
1 minute ago, Official_AB said:

Davie Weir is new sporting Director 

What I heard on Friday.

Rick Sanchez

Dundee Utd owner telling him if he's to speak to Hearts he's gone...

Can't wait to see Robbie with a corona in hand if they're sent back down!

Absolute Scenes

See instead of folk slobbering over their chicken pies and instant mash tatties at the announcement, how about looking at this instead: Stendel has been living wage free for some time and when spoken to about wages, he wants too much. We’re not in a position to match what he wants. Then I’ll ask, who else is there? The folk mentioning Tommy Wright have serious Stockholm Syndrome. He’d be on par with levein. Nielsen has won 2 cups in only three spells as manager. Brilliant record so young in his career. A proper hearts man who seems excited to continue where he left off. Get bucking behind the manager and team you complete reprobrates and support this man. 

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

This appointment confirms there must be an SD in place for me. Can anyone shed some light on this?. 

Anyway, welcome back neilson

My understanding is yes and he was fully involved in this appointment.

Guid Scottish laddie. Wonder what the Scottish press will have to say? Negative spin no doubt.

He smashed the championship with us, got us third in the prem and some memorable victories along the way. Don't understand the hate he gets, I was gutted to see him leave. Delighted to see him back! 

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Jesus Christ.

Apparently It's fans didn't like him even after romping the championship. 

Apparently some Hearts fans don't like him after romping the championship then getting into Europe.

Funny thing is we need someone who knows how to romp the championship.

We have seen how style is bollox if the results dont follow. 

Agree with your post but please!

Harry Potter
Just now, inspector said:

Guid Scottish laddie. Wonder what the Scottish press will have to say? Negative spin no doubt.

we dont have a press just a bunch of slavering clowns.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Any idea how much we spunked against the wall on Stendell and his team leaving?

Nothing I would imagine were our of contract !!

A pair of safe hands to get us back where we belong. I’m delighted.

Welcome home Robbie.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Now convinced that Ann has properly lost it. Wtf

By the sounds if it Anne didn't make this decision,   the new SD did.   If this is announced next week as suggested, there is no way AB would be selecting the manager shortly before the SD.     Let's wait to see who it is and then you can redirect your ire at him.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’ve got something to say now @Dazo. If he does half as well as he done the last time, hopefully the dicks will let him be. 

Tell you now he’ll be our best manager since he was last here. I think he’ll do well but there will plenty on here not happy about it. Something about boring football no doubt. 🙄

Well that was wild....

Decent enough appointment all things considered. Imagine the seethe if we took Utd's place is the Premiership as well as their manager... and/or if they appoint Levein. 

Could turn into a bitter rivalry. Lovely stuff. 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Nothing. Relegation clauses. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

My understanding is yes and he was fully involved in this appointment.

Surely if there was a SD in place, he would have been announced first? 

The fact that a manager has been announced before the SD is a bit mental IMO, but i'm getting used to it. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Probably nowt they only had contracts till the end of the season. We appear to be loaded anyway. 

colinmaroon
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Surely if there was a SD in place, he would have been announced first? 

The fact that a manager has been announced before the SD is a bit mental IMO, but i'm getting used to it. 

Whatever the reason for the delay in announcing Mr Weir we have a Sporting Director.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Tell you now he’ll be our best manager since he was last here. I think he’ll do well but there will plenty on here not happy about it. Something about boring football no doubt. 🙄

That first sentence 😂. I ******* hope so. Didn’t really get the dislike of him first time round. Like I said earlier in the thread I wasn’t bothered when he left but only because I assumed we’d keep progressing. Was a bit wrong on that one 🤣

Diadora Van Basten

What has David Weir been doing lately? I have lost track (not trying to be negative just wondered).

When you read the conspiracy theories on here, you can see why some think the world is flat . Instead of welcoming him back and hoping he does well we have the usual doom mongers spouting drivel.

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

No mention of Standel in that statement, bizarre. 

4 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

Welcome back Robbie, but I hope one of the "relevant parties terms were agreed with" was Stendel. 

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Daniel Stendel !!

Can you imagine the style of play Stendel wants in the championship with part time playets booting us all over the pitch.  Pretty poor record since he came in (not his squad) but the signings he did make were poor. Defence all over the place, and then booting Berra out without even speaking to him was bizarre.

Robbie left previously mainly due to Levien, who gave him his coaching role so he isn't going to come out and slate him. He is a far better manager than he was when he left. Stendel/Wright/McCann etc are not going to hearts competing with triple sessions,  youth opportunities and I felt it only went south for Neilson when it was clear Levein was signing the players, and the sudden change of an attacking team to a defensive boring team. 

Its a low risk and I'm very pleased with it. Shame for Stendel,  but he sas the one who wanted a relegation clause in contact so he could walk away for free, despite us paying a fee to barnsley for his services.  Yes an extremely good guy and a that. But now more than never we need someone who knows the league (s) and the clubs 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Nowt, most hearts fans knew that though. 

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

**** it, I am on board. No other way.

Grass was not greener for Robbie and it definately wasn't for us!!!!

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

What has David Weir been doing lately? I have lost track (not trying to be negative just wondered).

Still assisting Mark Warburton I believe.  Stayed with him a few years now.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Still assisting Mark Warburton I believe.  Stayed with him a few years now.

Thanks that does ring a bell.

Buzzbomb1874
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Nothing as it was in the contract that he and Sievers had that it was only valid in the premier. Tonge was on a deal til end of season

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

SD role could already be a done deal, just not announced. 

Or all candidates could have been sounded out, as how they would feel working with Robbie.

KyleLafferty

Speaking to someone who coaches at hearts he was saying DS training sessions were brilliant but wasn’t a very good man manager.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That first sentence 😂. I ******* hope so. Didn’t really get the dislike of him first time round. Like I said earlier in the thread I wasn’t bothered when he left but only because I assumed we’d keep progressing. Was a bit wrong on that one 🤣

If anything and whether anyone agrees with the appointment it at least shows Ann hasn’t taken her off the ball because of the court case. I think this is a positive thing for the club and when the SD is announced next week the footballing side of the club can move forward and plan for next season. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Hope everyone gets behind him, but understand why people are hesitant here. Still think he’ll skoosh the championship, only way is up. Mon the hertz.

49 minutes ago, Barack said:

2020 is a ****ing topper.

Pandemics 

Floods

Recessions

Hearts taking everyone to court.

Robbie Neilson returns to Hearts.

Genuinely don't know what's happening next.

Even stranger is john Collins saying it's scandalous to relegate Hearts 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/former-hibs-boss-john-collins-18458319.amp

Seriously though, I really wanted Stendel, I really wanted it to work with him but Robbie gave us the best football since Burley in his first season, I am excited to see what he can do with an arguably better team 

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Can you imagine the style of play Stendel wants in the championship with part time playets booting us all over the pitch.  Pretty poor record since he came in (not his squad) but the signings he did make were poor. Defence all over the place, and then booting Berra out without even speaking to him was bizarre.

Robbie left previously mainly due to Levien, who gave him his coaching role so he isn't going to come out and slate him. He is a far better manager than he was when he left. Stendel/Wright/McCann etc are not going to hearts competing with triple sessions,  youth opportunities and I felt it only went south for Neilson when it was clear Levein was signing the players, and the sudden change of an attacking team to a defensive boring team. 

Its a low risk and I'm very pleased with it. Shame for Stendel,  but he sas the one who wanted a relegation clause in contact so he could walk away for free, despite us paying a fee to barnsley for his services.  Yes an extremely good guy and a that. But now more than never we need someone who knows the league (s) and the clubs 

Accept all that, an announcement yesterday or whenever that we were parting ways with Stendel would not have went amiss !!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

Or all candidates could have been sounded out, as how they would feel working with Robbie.

There is one dof, knows the league, gets the club, international experience and has worked with Robbie as a coach and a player before...... 

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Nowt, most hearts fans knew that though. 

Common knowledge for those that maybe go to games rather than staying home and sniffing panties, I believe.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Stendell simply did not do enough.

Spot on he had enough time to get us out of trouble and failed.