Next manager.

Hans von Luck

57 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Anyone want to buy a Stendel flag ‘This is our castle’ ....going cheap! 

Wait till he gets appointed manager of Newcastle. Quids in.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Big Slim Stylee
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Something has broken down with DS and AB. He’s not just been discarded for nothing. He was still in the frame a few days ago but probably comes down to £££.  Regardless, I’ll throw my support behind any Hearts manager and RN won’t be as green eyed as first time around. I’ve heard Davy Weir for DOF and Craig Gordon is allegedly signing this week so Its a good week for us. 

I genuinely don't think anything is a good week, tbh. We'll get some money at best. But we're off to Dunfy if there is a season, mate...still nice to know DU will be seething and they know who's boss :)

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

?

Double post. My browser indicated that it hadn't saved my post so I saved it again, resulting in two posts.

Don't mock, it will happen to you some day. ;) Oh, the ignominy.

vintage1874
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Steady the ship - like in 3rd and 2nd place I’m the SPL?

And what about cup runs? We had 3 semi

finals in a row under a Levein and he was detested? 

We did well in RN's first season and may well have done similar that season if he'd stayed. The rangers game was a stand out at end. Hopefully will see more of that in this new Robbie era and progress up the league and to latter stages of cups.

Big Slim Stylee
30 minutes ago, vintage1874 said:

Most likely, a steady ship mid table with nae cup runs

Couple of semis maybe...arf...

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Interesting if Davie Weir picked Neilson over McCann if he was an option.

Maybe Ssssssteven Presssssssley is the new Sporting Director :rofl:

Imagine this place. 

Pure :seething:

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Maybe Ssssssteven Presssssssley is the new Sporting Director :rofl:

Imagine this place. 

Pure :seething:

I think I'd maybe die..😀

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:laugh2:

Sorry. These are serious times but can you imagine the rage? 😀

Ted Hastings

I can’t think of a time where a vague rumour comes to fruition within about an hour and a half of it first coming out. Absolute madness. 

As much as I was behind Stendel, taking a step back and thinking about it objectively, I would be putting my money on Neilson getting us off bottom with 8 games to go in favour of Stendel 10 times out of 10.

As much as you can make excuses for Stendel in terms of the dire straits we were in and the lack of his own backroom staff, he did have plenty of time and a transfer window but our form never really improved to a point I had confidence in him and our chances of beating the drop. The relegation clause was as likely as much for our own security as it was for his own and I can’t say on balance that I’m really gutted he’s gone. 

vintage1874
9 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Couple of semis maybe...arf...

Getting used to all the semi finals, hopefully we can keep our decent cup runs going and pick up in the league. However last time we went down we seemed to get Celtic a few times in the early rounds of the cups ☹️

35 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can we just clear up that the 2-2 cup match was down to Djoum being hobbled by Bartley and Oztuk going off injured not long after. There was more walking wounded by the end too. It wasn't down to Neilson changing tactics, sitting back, shitting his pants or wanting a replay. 

FFS is it not time to get over a draw at home to Hibs. We have had worse Derby matches since.

Exactly. What is this obsession with a cup game against Hibs? We've won plenty more derbies than we've lost, and have had our share of great comebacks in games against them. But we can't win them all, and sometimes they are going to get the breaks and win. That's just the way football goes. To hold that one draw-then-loss against any manager is borderline insanity.

I'm very happy with this appointment, and very surprised. Stendel may have come good, but he could just as easily have ended up being another Cathro. We can't afford to take a chance like that in a 27 game season, it'd be too big a risk in these circumstances. For those who doubt this is a sensible move, ask yourself this - who would you trust to make the better recruitment decisions for a season in the Scottish Championship? Robbie's knowledge of the game and players here is a big plus imo. I feel a lot more confident with him in charge than if we'd persisted with Stendel. 

Budge is really on a roll at the moment. She has been clearly badly stung by what's happened (and rightly so), and she's not pussy-footing about any more. Great to see.

Edited by tynewater

Big Slim Stylee
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think we can close this now. No...?

Nah...it'll come around again in about 6 months after we've played four games behind closed doors.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Can we just clear up that the 2-2 cup match was down to Djoum being hobbled by Bartley and Oztuk going off injured not long after. There was more walking wounded by the end too. It wasn't down to Neilson changing tactics, sitting back, shitting his pants or wanting a replay. 

FFS is it not time to get over a draw at home to Hibs. We have had worse Derby matches since.

Finally someone that actually remembers what happened. 

gorgie rools
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Craig Thompson's performance in the 2nd half of that game was probably the worst refereeing I've witnessed.  Gave the vermin absolutely everything. 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Any idea how much we spunked against the wall on Stendell and his team leaving?

Naw , how much ?

Apparently Stendel had job opportunities in Germany and advised Hearts of this development, we were in no position to offer him any guarantees with regards to if and when the season starts etc, So it was best for everyone he moved on, Hearts only became of Stendels updated situation in the last few days

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What? Trying to win the league by losing games? Novel approach, I'll grant you, but there was little evidence it was working.

Yeah he had so much time didn't he? His team, his squad, his backroom...I mean come on, mate? I'd be much much more excited if he'd stayed, tbh. Now? We know what we'll get. Yawn. 

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Why say stuff like that. Nobody knows and I don't think it is. It's actually shrewd, he knows the club's and can aim to build on his work last time 

Personally for me I remember the boring boring football. I'll give him another chance but I'm no excited at all by the appointment. Very meh 

1 hour ago, Ted Hastings said:

I can’t think of a time where a vague rumour comes to fruition within about an hour and a half of it first coming out. Absolute madness. 

As much as I was behind Stendel, taking a step back and thinking about it objectively, I would be putting my money on Neilson getting us off bottom with 8 games to go in favour of Stendel 10 times out of 10.

As much as you can make excuses for Stendel in terms of the dire straits we were in and the lack of his own backroom staff, he did have plenty of time and a transfer window but our form never really improved to a point I had confidence in him and our chances of beating the drop. The relegation clause was as likely as much for our own security as it was for his own and I can’t say on balance that I’m really gutted he’s gone. 

Agree👍 I'm sure Robbie  will do what is necessary 

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I appreciate he had little time, but there was no consistency. His tactics were found out by Tommy Wrightosaurus in his first game! I loved him passion and his eccentricity, but the first rule of relegation is tighten up at the back - we did the opposite and it cost us big time.

That St Mirren performance had us right back at square one, actually worse off than when he arrived. There was very little confidence that we'd stay up.

Yawn? We've now got a manager who has proven he can either get us promoted or challenging for Europe.

Oh great. 3rd/4th/5th here we go, here we go.....**** that. HMFC. Solid performers.

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one :)

3rd/4th/5th beats 12th!

Where's the ****ing joy in that man? Be nice to dream. You're not going to be dreaming with RN -ever. It's a shrewd move but can we sack him when we get out the Championship please? Otherwise we're all about one-offs against Rangers and money-spinning ****ing replays ad infinitum. All we'll be is...steady. 

34 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Where's the ****ing joy in that man? Be nice to dream. You're not going to be dreaming with RN -ever. It's a shrewd move but can we sack him when we get out the Championship please? Otherwise we're all about one-offs against Rangers and money-spinning ****ing replays ad infinitum. All we'll be is...steady. 

I could very happily take some steadiness for a while.

Big Slim Stylee
23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I could very happily take some steadiness for a while.

Yeah I suppose....underwhelming though, you'd maybe agree.

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I look forward to us shutting up shop with 60 minutes to go holding onto a one nil lead. I look forward to us treating the derby as “just another” game. I hope that was the Levein effect. If it turns out to be true, he’ll get my backing regardless of my disappointment. 

Yeah we’d done better and the championship season was very good but people are forgetting the mind numbing negative stuff. I stopped my season ticket I was so bored watching us and we weren’t good in the cups. He had us defending at home against the OF, signed some complete and utter garbage, gave us the ultimate riddy in Birkakara and then left us for MK ****ing dons!!
Im led to believe Stendel had informed us he was taking something else and you can hardly blame him after 3 months of no wages and no real idea when we were getting back so it doesn’t feel as bad. Makes me wonder that because we’ve moved so swiftly for Neilson and had kept Stendel hanging that the desire to have him here next season wasn’t great which personally I find disappointing. 
As long as snakey doesn’t come in now I’ll be ok about it :lol: 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Yeah that’s how I feel. Stendel to me seemed like we might excite once he got some of own in. Neilson is grindy, defendy stuff. 
I’ll never forget him punching the air after getting the draw for Utd at St Mirren that got the penalty shoot out. Which they lost...

Sort of sums him up imo. 

Edited by jack D and coke

47 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah that’s how I feel. Stendel to me seemed like we might excite once he got some of own in. Neilson is grindy, defendy stuff. 
I’ll never forget him punching the air after getting the draw for Utd at St Mirren that got the penalty shoot out. Which they lost...

Sort of sums him up imo. 

Spot on 👍

Well it’s never dull being in love with Hearts. Initially underwhelmed but on reflection it’s a sensible appointment. His win ratio is only beaten by George Burley. 

David McCaig
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah we’d done better and the championship season was very good but people are forgetting the mind numbing negative stuff. I stopped my season ticket I was so bored watching us and we weren’t good in the cups. He had us defending at home against the OF, signed some complete and utter garbage, gave us the ultimate riddy in Birkakara and then left us for MK ****ing dons!!
Im led to believe Stendel had informed us he was taking something else and you can hardly blame him after 3 months of no wages and no real idea when we were getting back so it doesn’t feel as bad. Makes me wonder that because we’ve moved so swiftly for Neilson and had kept Stendel hanging that the desire to have him here next season wasn’t great which personally I find disappointing. 
As long as snakey doesn’t come in now I’ll be ok about it :lol: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38073798

"For Neilson, on his likely swansong as Hearts boss, his side delivered a fitting farewell and the fans sang his name in tribute at the end."

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Well it’s never dull being in love with Hearts. Initially underwhelmed but on reflection it’s a sensible appointment. His win ratio is only beaten by George Burley. 

It was the championship tho in all fairness that mostly boosts his record.. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

A championship with rangers and hibs. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

A championship with rangers and hibs. 

One win in 6 against Hibs. He was an absolute shitebag against them it drove me mad. We beat Rangers a couple of times under their extremely poor managers of the time Sally and Warburton too. 
Robbie will have us defending at home against the OF, Celtic especially. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Come on mate he done very well in the premier. 

If it was unknown name with his record I think we would be universally pleased. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Come on mate he done very well in the premier. 

If it was unknown name with his record I think we would be universally pleased. 

He done alright yeah I’m not saying he didn’t. 
It’s the dispiriting realisation of what kind of football I’m going to be watching again. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

He done alright yeah I’m not saying he didn’t. 
It’s the dispiriting realisation of what kind of football I’m going to be watching again. 

I’d take Winning football any day of the week. Gives us a solid platform to get things right again after years of decline. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Dazo said:

I’d take Winning football any day of the week. Gives us a solid platform to get things right again after years of decline. 

I hope so mate. 
Any more bottle jobs at Easter road and he’ll be on toast rapid style though. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I hope so mate. 
Any more bottle jobs at Easter road and he’ll be on toast rapid style though. 

Definitely a area he could improve on, let’s hope he has learned a few things over the years. 

Heard a while back that Dundee Utd's fans were wanting him away from the club if they got promotion, a new manager to take them forward so at least they'll be happy he's gone. That says a lot to me.

So what's happening with the court case now? Stendel was still under contract if we were to play in the Premier, do we assume that Championship has been accepted? Do we potentially waste loads of money if we were to lose the court case and if we do win and stay in the Premier, wouldn't Stendel still have two years left? This all seems a little bit suspect to me, either we fight to stay in the Premier with Stendel or we accept Championship where Stendel's current contract is invalid.

The good thing if we play Championship is we don't have to play against Hibs or St Johnstone where Neilson's record was a disgrace.

JamboAl1965

Interesting one, I liked Daniel but I don’t think we would be anywhere in the position we where with Robbie, yes we had two great results against rangers and an away win at Hibs but so did CL (Hibs away, Celtic at home) and cathro (Rangers at home) (Football was dire with both these guys) and I truly think the publicity around him was greater than the reality, would it have come to fruition, who knows? I think Robbie is steady and knows the Game up here. Think Ann’s not for messing anymore and has played it well here.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Heard a while back that Dundee Utd's fans were wanting him away from the club if they got promotion, a new manager to take them forward so at least they'll be happy he's gone. That says a lot to me.

So what's happening with the court case now? Stendel was still under contract if we were to play in the Premier, do we assume that Championship has been accepted? Do we potentially waste loads of money if we were to lose the court case and if we do win and stay in the Premier, wouldn't Stendel still have two years left? This all seems a little bit suspect to me, either we fight to stay in the Premier with Stendel or we accept Championship where Stendel's current contract is invalid.

The good thing if we play Championship is we don't have to play against Hibs or St Johnstone where Neilson's record was a disgrace.

Stendel doesn’t have a contract the court case won’t change that. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I don’t think the United fans will be that unhappy personally. It’s mostly negative defensive stuff under Robbie in the premiership. 
It’s the most meh I’ve ever been about a new manager. 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Stendel doesn’t have a contract the court case won’t change that. 

Thought he had a 2 and a half year contract if we were to stay in the Premier? Does that mean if we were to win the case he would be due a pay-off for his next two years? I was under the impression that his contract was to be ripped up if we played Championship so by that it would be assumed we've accepted Championship and we owe him nothing. The court-case would then become a money-pit for everyone.

gowestjambo

Dundee United fans want him out and a new exciting Manager, MK Dons fans witnessed the most boring football they ever watched. Yet we have fans fawning over his return?

It speaks volumes about our  ambitions when we have posters talking about steady football..........

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think the United fans will be that unhappy personally. It’s mostly negative defensive stuff under Robbie in the premiership. 
It’s the most meh I’ve ever been about a new manager. 

Look on the bright side....at least we won't have to play against Hibs or St Johnstone in the Championship so can't lose to them.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Dundee United fans want him out and a new exciting Manager, MK Dons fans witnessed the most boring football they ever watched. Yet we have fans fawning over his return?

It speaks volumes about our  ambitions when we have posters talking about steady football..........

Must have missed the plane flying over Tannadice then 😉