Next manager.

Hans von Luck

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

He wouldn’t have stayed.  They’ll be in admin by the start of the season if the court case gets dragged out. 

That was meant to read haven't.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

baxterd1974
29 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

Is this a pisstake? The same Robbie Neilson we wanted rid of? 

you, not we, you do not speak for most of us, only the vocal  clowns!

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Feel sorry for Stendel. A statement announcing he was away before announcing Robbie, would've been nice.

Feels like a **** you, which is harsh on him, imo.

Agreed. 

Absolutely delighted. Welcome home Robbie.

The negativity of some posters on here is beyond belief.

Haters gonna hate but they can GTF.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Excellent appointment. His championship season was amazing dominant  football. He will excel without Levin

Bit of a surprise,  tbh.  Was Levein part of the reason Robbie left?  No idea.  Really strange times.

6 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Its official. Club just tweeted. Have I missed the part about us parting ways with Stendal??

He wasnt contracted once relegation was confirmed

And Stendel may have decided the new contract offer wasnt for him.

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm glad that we're being pro active and getting a manager in place but i do fear that it will be another 3 years of eye bleeding football.

Just like the last three? 

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Indeed he is involved.  Neilson has come back because Levein’s away.  Blatantly obvious that Levein was the reason he left in the first place.

This 100%

David Black

What is really going to be interesting is that now RN is his own man, he has 4 more years experience and crucially he does not have the spectre of CL leaning over his shoulders. I think he relied on CL to much when we got promoted hence the team being decimated. I'll back him 100% and give him every chance to see what he can do, and with the exception of a few positions, a superior squad.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Jamie Walker approving on Instagram anyway! 

He better learn to try harder or he’ll be out on his arse.

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm glad that we're being pro active and getting a manager in place but i do fear that it will be another 3 years of eye bleeding football.

Or 3 years of winning football matches. He has a very good record with us and I’d assume a better manager than the one that left. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, jambopilms said:

Can't wait for the phoodle chat after the first defeat. That was fun.

plane is getting refuelled as we speak 

Diadora Van Basten

He seems a bit too cautious to me.

As well as losing a two nil lead to Hibs in the cup that ultimately helped them win the Scottish Cup last year when United played Hibs he had Sow ready to come on then United scored and he didn’t put Sow on.

22 minutes ago, jake said:

I was told Neilson had a few run ins with Levein over his interference.

I cant believe a few muppets drove him out.

What is your take on it ?

The fans did not drive him out.  Refer to your first paragraph as to why he left.   

Not my choice, I think it shows Budge’s limited football knowledge and contacts, but maybe being Levein free will see him thrive.   I hope so.  

colinmaroon

I reckon the reasoning has to be that Daniel was still going to be a risk.

I'm sorry, because I enjoyed the games when teams came at us.  He didn't get it right when teams sat in and caught us on the break.

Robbie has taken us out of the Championship and, would've taken Utd out if they hadn't been stuck down there for at least another season, if they dont go bust.

KyleLafferty

See the people who are moaning about getting him, who would you like to have instead? I want to see names. 

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce that we have this evening agreed terms with all relevant parties for the return of Robbie Neilson as manager.

The 40-year-old rejoins the Jambos on a 3-year-deal after compensation was agreed with Dundee United.

A trophy winner in spells as both a player and head coach at Hearts, the former Scotland cap needs no introduction to anyone of a maroon persuasion.

Robbie spent nine-years playing in Gorgie, where he won the Scottish Cup, helped the Jam Tarts to second-place in the league and the Champions League qualifying berth that went with it, and scored a memorable UEFA Cup winner in Basle.

He took over the club’s managerial reins in 2014 and immediately took the boys in maroon back to the top flight with a record-breaking Championship-winning campaign.

A third-place Premiership finish followed the season after, and a return to European football, before Robbie moved down south to join MK Dons in 2018, returning to Scotland with Dundee United later that same year.

He led United to the Championship title last season before deciding to come back home to Tynecastle.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said: “You don’t turn down the chance to come to a club like Hearts and I’m absolutely delighted to be coming back.

“I had some great experiences here, both as a player and manager, and I’m keen to pick up where I left off.

“Everyone knows there is a really good squad at Hearts and I’m excited to begin working with the players and staff. 

“Finally, I’d like to say thank you to Dundee United for the opportunity they gave me two years ago. I hope the United fans feel that together we managed to restore the club back to where it belongs.”

David Black
2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Excellent appointment. His championship season was amazing dominant  football. He will excel without Levin

Exactly my thoughts.

heartsfc_fan

See the people who are moaning about getting him, who would you like to have instead? I want to see names. 

This.

McCann 😁

Pressley 😁

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Time for people to grow up,   back the club,   back the manager.

Very promising appointment of a proven manager.     Well pleased.

I said maybe.....

Just now, Paolo said:

The fans did not drive him out.  Refer to your first paragraph as to why he left.   

Not my choice, I think it shows Budge’s limited football knowledge and contacts, but maybe being Levein free will see him thrive.   I hope so.  

I agree .

I should have posted I dont believe any fans drove him away.

girvanjambo

Welcome back Robbie, but I hope one of the "relevant parties terms were agreed with" was Stendel. 

Just now, sac said:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce that we have this evening agreed terms with all relevant parties for the return of Robbie Neilson as manager.

The 40-year-old rejoins the Jambos on a 3-year-deal after compensation was agreed with Dundee United.

A trophy winner in spells as both a player and head coach at Hearts, the former Scotland cap needs no introduction to anyone of a maroon persuasion.

Robbie spent nine-years playing in Gorgie, where he won the Scottish Cup, helped the Jam Tarts to second-place in the league and the Champions League qualifying berth that went with it, and scored a memorable UEFA Cup winner in Basle.

He took over the club’s managerial reins in 2014 and immediately took the boys in maroon back to the top flight with a record-breaking Championship-winning campaign.

A third-place Premiership finish followed the season after, and a return to European football, before Robbie moved down south to join MK Dons in 2018, returning to Scotland with Dundee United later that same year.

He led United to the Championship title last season before deciding to come back home to Tynecastle.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said: “You don’t turn down the chance to come to a club like Hearts and I’m absolutely delighted to be coming back.

“I had some great experiences here, both as a player and manager, and I’m keen to pick up where I left off.

“Everyone knows there is a really good squad at Hearts and I’m excited to begin working with the players and staff. 

“Finally, I’d like to say thank you to Dundee United for the opportunity they gave me two years ago. I hope the United fans feel that together we managed to restore the club back to where it belongs.”

Imagine the seethe from United if we get reinstated and there's no reconstruction :D 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

As well as losing a two nil lead to Hibs in the cup that ultimately helped them win the Scottish Cup last year when United played Hibs he had Sow ready to come on then United scored and he didn’t put Sow on.

I’ll take cautious over batshit crazy, anything goes, sweeper keeper shenanigans. 

I can't think of any realistic managers within our realm who have the experience and the record Robbie has. 🤷

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just like the last three? 

I'm just assuming that he will be on a 3 year deal. I've not read the announcement in full. 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Daniel Stendel !!

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, jake said:

I agree .

I should have posted I dont believe any fans drove him away.

Fair to say he didn't feel the love much though...

J.T.F.Robertson
8 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Prove it.

Why do folk entertain this guy's drivel?

This appointment confirms there must be an SD in place for me. Can anyone shed some light on this?. 

Anyway, welcome back neilson

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agree

3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Time for us to unite and back him whether you agree with his appointment or not. Onwards and upwards. 

Spot on👍

1 minute ago, Matty said:

100C0A60-AAA3-4486-A75F-54BFCF10C322.jpeg

Lmao at this