New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

PhoenixHearts
28 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

See these ONeill tops? Every single one I’ve seen in the past seems to be one single piece of cloth with EVERYTHING just stamped onto it (does that make sense?). Like, the badge, the sponsor, the ONeill logo. Like one big printing machine has just printed the whole thing lock stock and barrel onto a white piece of clothing. Always thought they looked really really cheap and amateurish. Surprised to hear that folk have cotton ONeill tops with, I presume, sewn on badges? 

You're talking about Sublimation where ink is heated into a gas and transferred directly into the material. A lot of football shirts that aren't just one solid colour use this process, for example most striped shirts. It generally allows for more creativity in the body design compared to shirts made of pre-dyed fabrics.

Most tops will then have a woven or (more recently a rubber or 3D printed) badge added on and the manufacturer logo embroidered. 

Sometimes they make them like you say though, fully sublimated, badge, sponsor, the lot.

They are much cheaper to produce. Nike makes a cheaper version of their NFL jerseys exactly like this for about £70/80 whereas their regular versions with all the stitched on numbers, badges technical material are around £100/150, going up to about nearly 300 if you're after exactly what the players wear. (Don't know why you'd need that one though)

I only own one O'neills shirt and it is almost totally sublimated but the badge is embroidered on.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

There can't be many folk buying a shirt because it's fashionable. You buy the shirt because it's your team, therefore the manufacturer doesn't really matter ?

d6fe20310cd7de9b0694b5e7991be2cejpeg.jpg

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My GAA top has a cotton body and polyester sleeves. The sleeves are printed as you describe with the GAA logo, but the badge and sponsor on the shirt was heat pressed flock material. But it is from 1998 so no idea if the new ones are just printed. 

More recently, I have a Bohemians shirt and it is as you describe. Design, sponsor, badge all printed onto the shirt. Material is decent though. 

I've an O'Neill's Waterford hurling jersey from around 2000/2001 (Munster champions, Deise Abu!) and it's fully printed, no embroidery anywhere. Sturdy old top though, still stretches over my belly!

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

I've got one of each - a Down shirt with 3 stripes, and one with 2.  They are very nice kits regardless of the number of stripes 👍

Oddly, I was in a wee shop in Downpatrick and they would only sell the 3 stripe version if you could prove you lived in the Republic of Ireland. I imagine there's some auditing that goes on. 

I got a galway one a month or so ago, got a mates cousin to buy it and send it over to get the 3 stripes!

fabienleclerq
47 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

See these ONeill tops? Every single one I’ve seen in the past seems to be one single piece of cloth with EVERYTHING just stamped onto it (does that make sense?). Like, the badge, the sponsor, the ONeill logo. Like one big printing machine has just printed the whole thing lock stock and barrel onto a white piece of clothing. Always thought they looked really really cheap and amateurish. Surprised to hear that folk have cotton ONeill tops with, I presume, sewn on badges? 

I just got the galway one, it's a quality top. Sponsor's etc printed on but badge is a sewn on one.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i'm sure Joma do training gear, someone posted it was probably just bibs or something

Surely our manufacturer supply those?

8A635ACE-2402-4950-A22B-129C2E099B59.jpeg

20 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

d6fe20310cd7de9b0694b5e7991be2cejpeg.jpg

I'd love that badge to be on our new kits. The embroidery and the colour was fantastic.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bibs for the youngsters who go to our soccer school, maybe?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Bibs for the youngsters who go to our soccer school, maybe?

Possibly, they dont have Umbro on them in the old photos on their social media. 

DBF68101-E70A-45FF-B4CE-6C37086ABA9A.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No wonder young Lewis is wincing a bit there...

image.png.301f9ee3433845b2ad3e5641d75004e6.png

RustyRightPeg
27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kappa would be a wee change. 

Yes please. 

The Partick kits are sublimated designs but with embroidered badges. 

A lot of the GAA tops are fully printed, badge and all. Think they are quite good actually, don't have to worry about the sponsor falling off and looking shite after a couple of washes.

Absolute Scenes
42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

hmm yeah good point

there'll be an explanation for sure, we wont have changed provider without first letting us know

Walter Bishop

Football Nation at peffermill are Jomas distributor in Scotland. They supply Livingston with kit. If we are going with Joma they would know about it. 👍

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Football Nation at peffermill are Jomas distributor in Scotland. They supply Livingston with kit. If we are going with Joma they would know about it. 👍

Not massively relevant I know but Livi are Adidas next season: 

image.png.e1ff117ae54660c491a8e2a98e0b0ad3.png

Edited by Batistuta87

30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I’m sure that’s an old livi top from a few years ago.

37 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Livi ARE Joma. 

IMG_0170.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Forgot he signed for them. 🤣 

Doesn't seem like he's played for them though.

12 minutes ago, c41rns said:

Livi ARE Joma. 

IMG_0170.jpeg

Doubt they'd unveil their new kit with a player who's just signed for Aberdeen !

gorgieheart
6 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Doubt they'd unveil their new kit with a player who's just signed for Aberdeen !

its last season

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

One of the accounts that initally posted the photo of box later said that it was actually bibs for Big Hearts.

Batistuta87
42 minutes ago, c41rns said:

Livi ARE Joma. 

IMG_0170.jpeg

22-23 is last season. Also thats Nicky Devlin on the right, who plays for Aberdeen now. 

Percival King
46 minutes ago, c41rns said:

Livi ARE Joma. 

IMG_0170.jpeg

Isn't the one in the middle the guy out of Chewin' the Fat?

Unknown user
3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

There can't be many folk buying a shirt because it's fashionable. You buy the shirt because it's your team, therefore the manufacturer doesn't really matter ?

I might buy an outstanding top, I'm too old to buy as a matter of course though 

3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

It’s Umbro, the promotion pics were done at Tynecastle weeks ago

Sweet relief

Batistuta87
42 minutes ago, R9. said:

2022/23 was last season.

New adidas has dropped the wording adidas under the logo now.

My mistake - it seems that's their home top from 2011 but that photo was posted on their website yesterday promoting their ViaPlay Cup games in July/August! Why the **** would they put a player in a 12-year-old jersey for promo shots for this season's Cup!? Bizarre! 

4 hours ago, John Rambo said:

I managed to source that 2011-2012 strip, THE Cup final strip, without the wonga logo. Think I got it from Ireland and it was a genuine Umbro top. There was a story as to how/why this chap had shirts without the logo on but I did not ask too many questions....

I've got that exact one from eBay, how they got it not a clue

2 hours ago, c41rns said:

Livi ARE Joma. 

IMG_0170.jpeg

Disregarding the gaffe, check the difference between the Joma kit and the Adidas kit. The Joma one looks like Sunday market crap.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Disregarding the gaffe, check the difference between the Joma kit and the Adidas kit. The Joma one looks like Sunday market crap.

yep.  Not a fan at all 

A_A wehatethehibs
47 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I think the big problem is that minging yellow colour.  The joma white away shirt looks fine. The home one a bit of a dud, obviously a 90s retro attempt strange for a club that didn’t exist in the 90s, but the issue imo was that crap yellow colour. I don’t know if that was manufacturers fault presumably the club supplies the colour codes. 

Anyway, with that candy stripe shirt in Hearts colours, maroon with the same black & white collar / white candy stripes, I think you pull off a pretty cool retro 90s looking retro Hearts jersey. Get strongbow on it as sponsor for full Oooft mode 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think the big problem is that minging yellow colour.  The joma white away shirt looks fine. The home one a bit of a dud, obviously a 90s retro attempt strange for a club that didn’t exist in the 90s, but the issue imo was that crap yellow colour. I don’t know if that was manufacturers fault presumably the club supplies the colour codes. 

Anyway, with that candy stripe shirt in Hearts colours, maroon with the same black & white collar / white candy stripes, I think you pull off a pretty cool retro 90s looking retro Hearts jersey. Get strongbow on it as sponsor for full Oooft mode 

There's plenty teams with yellow kits though, the Adidas one looks half decent tbf. Boca juniors and Dortmund have had really good strips before, I honestly just think it's poor design from Joma in both design and the actual colour. Fair enough, the white one isn't too bad but I'm seriously concerned for our 150 year anniversary kit if it is actually them making it.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not all clubs are that strict with the shade to be fair, other tinpot diddies like Hibs are the same

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

There's plenty teams with yellow kits though, the Adidas one looks half decent tbf. Boca juniors and Dortmund have had really good strips before, I honestly just think it's poor design from Joma in both design and the actual colour. Fair enough, the white one isn't too bad but I'm seriously concerned for our 150 year anniversary kit if it is actually them making it.

Yeah, if anyone has signed off on Joma, they need chased. 

A_A wehatethehibs

8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

For the anniversary kit I genuinely would have us play in the plain white with a plain maroon Heart. White shorts and socks with maroon stripes down the side. That appears to be the first kit the club ever played in 1874-75 

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Third top released, what we thinking?

🇬🇧🤫

Is this confirmed or somebody at it?

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Fake 

100% Fake

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Is this confirmed or somebody at it?

Cobb claims to be a writer and "comedian". 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)