New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

Midloth_Iain
5 minutes ago, R9. said:

That O’Neils who make Partick signed a deal with Falkirk for next 5 years never heard of them before, I wonder if they are local

not sure Adidas are happy with some of their kits though  😂

Galway LGFA Home Jersey 2023

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of the 3 English Umbro 2023/2024 new kits I’ve seen. The template seems to be a retro v neck collar with the clubs badge or similar repeated as an in-print(think admiral 1991-1992?).

194994F3-432F-424D-967C-4C304269510E.jpeg

Edited by droid

King Of The Cat Cafe
26 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

O'Neills use three stripes on shirts in Ireland - Adidas tried to stop them but lost in court...in Ireland.

They are the monopoly provider to the GAA in Ireland.

O'Neills cannot use three stripes on GB shirts.

King Of The Cat Cafe
10 minutes ago, droid said:

Of the 3 English Umbro 2023/2024 new kits I’ve seen. The template seems to be a retro v neck collar with the clubs badge or similar repeated as an in-print(think admiral 1991-1992?).

194994F3-432F-424D-967C-4C304269510E.jpeg

That is very close to my favourite Fila Dr Martens shirt - though it has two blue lines at the collar instead of the one shown here and the blue on the arms does not go up to the collar as it does here.

I'd definitely go for a Hearts version of that.

my son plays for partick's academy and all the O'Neil stuff they've had has been good quality.

got a Dublin City top about 20yrs ago for 5s which was the same

I’m not a massive fan of umbro it’s ok but not amazing would like nike or  hummel. Joma would be a bit naff hope it isn’t them. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

That's good to know actually, some of their designs look decent but I saw the horror stories with upside down sponsors, tops falling apart etc.

first season the defo did, apparently they underestimated demand and had to secure more supply from multiple suppliers.  

Their non football kit stuff is among the best quality around.   They are most definitely not shit.  £200 for a hoodie 🤦‍♂️

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Could always be worse:

walsall_fc_2023_24_errea_home_away_third

Walsall letting us know exactly where they have bought their new season's kits from. 

Imagine walking around in that :vrface:

Another reason why replica tops shouldn't be sold with sponsorship on it. Should just be left to the match day shirts. 

On a side note, Errea continue to make decent stuff. 

13 hours ago, dannymack said:

I wish the club could be supplied with a simple design by the manufacturers to compliment our classy colours.p45057660-1_oslloxe05jjjr7tm.thumb.jpg.267f9cbe0198d11ba21194bb28ebe290.jpg

8424309775575-1_3mmu6do37hlbdgxw.thumb.jpg.f987d4cc985060b955cfc2f880997033.jpg

8424309775889-1_8if2vlluflqahhku.thumb.jpg.59c6fb68d87593994dd822f6ef254bc6.jpg

8424309775247-1_bvzco1c2l6utq2jn.thumb.jpg.364d0ae066f9feefea80ce4b71613a13.jpg

torino-95-away-tags.thumb.jpg.77a149ae427b569e8f0a1e9208762166.jpg

I say this every year but I'd love a Peru style away kit with Maroon instead of Red

I'm not mad keen on Umbro, but the list of worse is long. The odds of getting something better is slim, the odds of much worse is high.

Castore, Joma, Macron amongst others mentioned on here would be gutting.

2 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

O'Neills use three stripes on shirts in Ireland - Adidas tried to stop them but lost in court...in Ireland.

They are the monopoly provider to the GAA in Ireland.

O'Neills cannot use three stripes on GB shirts.

Yup, and if you try and order from them it actually asks where you are based. ROI can get the 3 stripes but here in NI, you get the 2 stripes. 

Got a couple of Down GAA shirts, and the mental Partick Kingsley shirt - their stuff is really good quality, would not mind seeing them do the Hearts kit in the future 👍

Gorgie_Rules

Joma is very tinpot looking, along the lines of slazenger and donny that you used to get in Sports Direct

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Gav M said:

my son plays for partick's academy and all the O'Neil stuff they've had has been good quality.

got a Dublin City top about 20yrs ago for 5s which was the same

Still got my Clare GAA top I got in 1998 and its in perfect condition. Although the body of it is cotton. 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Joma is very tinpot looking, along the lines of slazenger and donny that you used to get in Sports Direct

It's no that bad haha its OK quality but not something you'd be proud to wear. I'd put it alongside Hummel and Errea. 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

You would think they would be trying to flog old gear off

It'll all be in the shop with 60-70% off soon. Usually is once the new stuff comes out. 

46 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

It's one of the shite-est ones we could have went for. For a 150 year anniversary top as well, I'm pretty worried.

andythejambo
4 hours ago, R9. said:

That O’Neils who make Partick signed a deal with Falkirk for next 5 years never heard of them before, I wonder if they are local

They have made most of the kits for the Irish GAA (Hurling and Gaelic Football) for a good few years. Ireland's equivalent of Umbro.

Mr Elwood P
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

rangers were castore first football kit and by their own admission they under estimated demand and ****ed it up.  

however, was down at Newcastle in Feb and bought my son their top and it is really excellent quality 

Presume this is fake then? Looks horrendous.
image.thumb.png.bfd1d970374d4a3ea12b1de4d4d0e5b1.png

43 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's no that bad haha its OK quality but not something you'd be proud to wear. I'd put it alongside Hummel and Errea. 

It's ok. What is interesting is what they could produce for us. 

The St Mirren Away kit from last season was pretty decent (yes I know i also can't believe i've written that but there you go). 

https://www.glasgowworld.com/sport/football/most-popular-football-kits-in-2022-23-scottish-premiership-as-celtic-and-rangers-miss-out-on-top-spot-4075360

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

It's ok. What is interesting is what they could produce for us. 

The St Mirren Away kit from last season was pretty decent (yes I know i also can't believe i've written that but there you go). 

https://www.glasgowworld.com/sport/football/most-popular-football-kits-in-2022-23-scottish-premiership-as-celtic-and-rangers-miss-out-on-top-spot-4075360

It was actually a very nice kit. If we've got a special shirt coming out this season I would just much prefer if it was something a bit more prestigious and wirh Umbro we have a bit of a history with them, they should "get" us, etc. That said the Euro training tops we released this season are appallingly bad quality. We'll see I guess. Joma etc are fine for boys clubs and stuff but just don't want it for Hearts. 

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

They've been using thr 3 stripes much longer than Adidas. There's been whole legal sagas around it but it basically resulted in them having to sell their stuff with only two stripes anywhere outside of Ireland.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Yup, and if you try and order from them it actually asks where you are based. ROI can get the 3 stripes but here in NI, you get the 2 stripes. 

Got a couple of Down GAA shirts, and the mental Partick Kingsley shirt - their stuff is really good quality, would not mind seeing them do the Hearts kit in the future 👍

I got myself a Mayo shirt but rather than go through I ordered from Elverys/Intersport. Arrived safely in Scotland with all three stripes 😎

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I got myself a Mayo shirt but rather than go through I ordered from Elverys/Intersport. Arrived safely in Scotland with all three stripes 😎

I've got one of each - a Down shirt with 3 stripes, and one with 2.  They are very nice kits regardless of the number of stripes 👍

Oddly, I was in a wee shop in Downpatrick and they would only sell the 3 stripe version if you could prove you lived in the Republic of Ireland. I imagine there's some auditing that goes on. 

Looking at hearts strip, it looked as if they’d run out of money/ideas when it came to the keeper’s top. That was hideous. Hoping for better! 

53 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Couodnt care who's making the strips! All I want is a successful Hrarts team playing in them.

True that but it's good to see them looking the part. 

You don't want them running around with maps of Edinburgh on them for example.

Whitburn Hearts

Might have already been mentioned but do Joma not make Goalkeeper gloves . Just a thought

Selkirkhmfc1874
30 minutes ago, Homme said:

Couldn't care less if we a winning team , strips for kids in my opinion! 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

It won’t be joma 😂

It isn't, one of the accounts posting that picture said later that it turns out that the box is just bibs for Big Hearts.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Homme said:

Looking the part = colour: maroon, badge: HMFC

Couldn’t give a toss who the manufacturer is. Thats a financial decision for the bean counters. Joma are a proven brand plenty clubs go with them. 

kingantti1874
10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Presume this is fake then? Looks horrendous.
image.thumb.png.bfd1d970374d4a3ea12b1de4d4d0e5b1.png

Well it’s green and white so yes.  But if it were maroon I’d have no issue with it at all.  Anyway I’m not debating aesthetics as that’s down to personal preference.  I’m just stating Castore stuff is of very good quality.

I do prefer when we have a decent manufacturer for the kits, but then again, one of our best season's that I've seen was 97/98 when we were wearing kits made by Olympic Sportswear.

15 hours ago, been here before said:

No worse, and in many ways better, than Wonga.

The only top I never bought my laddies. Alright they might have helped us a bit in the end but what a ****in beamer to have it on our tops.

I managed to source that 2011-2012 strip, THE Cup final strip, without the wonga logo. Think I got it from Ireland and it was a genuine Umbro top. There was a story as to how/why this chap had shirts without the logo on but I did not ask too many questions....

There can't be many folk buying a shirt because it's fashionable. You buy the shirt because it's your team, therefore the manufacturer doesn't really matter ?

We've never had Nike kits so a bespoke Nike kit would do just fine for me. Defo not the generic guff the likes of Dundee Utd fail in.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, John Rambo said:

We've never had Nike kits so a bespoke Nike kit would do just fine for me. Defo not the generic guff the likes of Dundee Utd fail in.

we aren’t financially big enough for them 

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

we aren’t financially big enough for them 

Yep, that's why the umbro and puma deals have been quite good.

Adidas and Nike etc we will be just picking from a catalogue and making it maroon, which is a bit naff.

Hummel would be fantastic 

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

There can't be many folk buying a shirt because it's fashionable. You buy the shirt because it's your team, therefore the manufacturer doesn't really matter ?

You’d be surprised, but even if not you still want decent quality if you’re dropping 50+ quid on a top

So a photo of a scabby box with Joma tape on it is the reason we think we have moved our kit supplier? 

Could it just be that Joma covets our business and has sent in sales samples for consideration? Most kit manufacturers outside Nike/Adidas likely do this every year.

Seems a bit like 2 + 2 = 9 here.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So a photo of a scabby box with Joma tape on it is the reason we think we have moved our kit supplier? 

Could it just be that Joma covets our business and has sent in sales samples for consideration? Most kit manufacturers outside Nike/Adidas likely do this every year.

i'm sure Joma do training gear, someone posted it was probably just bibs or something

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i'm sure Joma do training gear, someone posted it was probably just bibs or something

That makes more sense to me.

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It's a total non-story, the kits for the Big Hearts charity game were made by Joma and the picture is from the Big Hearts area as you can see with the bear.

The Umbro deal was extended in January too I'm sure

See these ONeill tops? Every single one I’ve seen in the past seems to be one single piece of cloth with EVERYTHING just stamped onto it (does that make sense?). Like, the badge, the sponsor, the ONeill logo. Like one big printing machine has just printed the whole thing lock stock and barrel onto a white piece of clothing. Always thought they looked really really cheap and amateurish. Surprised to hear that folk have cotton ONeill tops with, I presume, sewn on badges? 

Салатные палочки
21 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

See these ONeill tops? Every single one I’ve seen in the past seems to be one single piece of cloth with EVERYTHING just stamped onto it (does that make sense?). Like, the badge, the sponsor, the ONeill logo. Like one big printing machine has just printed the whole thing lock stock and barrel onto a white piece of clothing. Always thought they looked really really cheap and amateurish. Surprised to hear that folk have cotton ONeill tops with, I presume, sewn on badges? 

My GAA top has a cotton body and polyester sleeves. The sleeves are printed as you describe with the GAA logo, but the badge and sponsor on the shirt was heat pressed flock material. But it is from 1998 so no idea if the new ones are just printed. 

More recently, I have a Bohemians shirt and it is as you describe. Design, sponsor, badge all printed onto the shirt. Material is decent though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)