New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

Placid Casual
3 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Only people in Scotland would care about this kind of thing. 

You wouldn’t find this kind of tribalism in Europe or South America? Of course you would.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
Bad Religion

Portable Badger
10 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Dunfermline keeper top 😁

Screenshot_20230609_215622_Samsung Internet.jpg

That’s as bloody awful as our Keepers’ tops last season.  Bowfin!!!

kingantti1874

No idea why we build up suspense around strips. It’s just annoying tbh rather than exciting.

get them released and on the shelves as early as possible and maximise the holiday crowd.

shove the teasers where the sun don’t shine.  

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No idea why we build up suspense around strips. It’s just annoying tbh rather than exciting.

get them released and on the shelves as early as possible and maximise the holiday crowd.

shove the teasers where the sun don’t shine.  

Agreed get them shown then out for kids ( and adults I suppose ) for start of summer holidays.

This is the first released Umbro kit for any club for 23/24:

990_huddersfield_town_2023_24_umbro_home

Might start to see some movement for the other clubs (including ourselves) soon. 

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

3 bitter Spurs fan too. Probably half Scottish.

99.9% don't give a shit.

Make it 4 then, the only spurs fan I've ever really known went tonto when work got us red mugs for Christmas. 

Another new Umbro shirt, this time for Stade de Reims:

thumb_984_stade_de_reims_2023_24_umbro_h

The pattern is allegedly to do with the coat of arms of Reims. Not quite sure, but the sponsors are a bit gash. 

Batistuta87

Umbro deal was only until 22/23. No news of a renewal so no idea who the manufacturer is at this stage. Think MND is up too??

Edited by Batistuta87

58 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Another new Umbro shirt, this time for Stade de Reims:

thumb_984_stade_de_reims_2023_24_umbro_h

The pattern is allegedly to do with the coat of arms of Reims. Not quite sure, but the sponsors are a bit gash. 

Repulsive. 

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, R9. said:

If we were not renewing and had a new kit manufacture then maybe we can’t confirm this until the deal with Umbro is done maybe the delay on any news. 

Maybe. If the Umbro deal ends exactly 12 months after the last home strip went on sale then it ends today.

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87

I got supplied some Joma gear for my coaching gig and it's actually alright. Runs tiny though and I had to go up two sizes. 

Damn, I hope it's not Joma, but we've had a good run with Umbro in recent years.

The material in the Umbro shirts is always thicker and more hard wearing.  Joma stuff is piss thin, shiny, cheapy stuff.

KyleLafferty

If it is Joma, which I don’t think it is. It must be cause they’ve offered us the most money, which our club should always be. But I’ve always found my training stuff to be good 

Edited by KyleLafferty

Batistuta87
36 minutes ago, R9. said:

We will get that away top for this season 

IMG_4751.webp

Nice top. But we won't. We'll have something bespoke. Joma have given Hibs a couple of bespoke kits that if they were ours we would have lapped up. With it being our 150th year we won't get a template or something another team already has. 

15 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Damn, I hope it's not Joma, but we've had a good run with Umbro in recent years.

The material in the Umbro shirts is always thicker and more hard wearing.  Joma stuff is piss thin, shiny, cheapy stuff.

It's not as shit now but sizing is tiny. See above RE coaching gear - I had to go up two sizes in mine and could actually be doing with going up another again in some of it. 

Joma is ultimately a wee bit disappointing though. It's not exactly as impressive as Adidas, Nike, Puma or Umbro. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Even the quality difference between Joma and Macron is huge. Macron far superior.

All about the best deal for the club though at the end of the day. They will give us more respect than an Adidas, Puma or Nike would.

2 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Might be a red herring but saw this on Twitter 👀

Seriously hope that's a wind up, Joma is absolutely pish

The Joma box could be anything. If we hadn't unveiled a new sponsor it'd be careless to just leave it out. Yes it could be a mistake and it's them, but equally it could be a bunch of training tops we buy in bulk for training camps or something.  

Pretty confident it will still be Umbro.

38 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Seriously hope that's a wind up, Joma is absolutely pish

The guy can't even word it correctly, talking about 'sponsor' and Joma 🫣

Would suggest he isn't especially the most switched on, to me anyway...

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's not as shit now but sizing is tiny. See above RE coaching gear - I had to go up two sizes in mine and could actually be doing with going up another again in some of it. 

That's the thing that really annoys me. I know I'm a large in Adidas, Nike, and Umbro tops. They are always fairly similarly sized, and it's consistent throughout the years. 

With some pissy wee brand like Joma, it's a total crapshoot if it fits or not.  Might be a large, might be an XL, might be bigger than that. Next year it might be different. It's a complete ballache. 

I really hope these turn out to be some daft cheap training shirts bought for some charity event or something else, and not a sign of things to come for next season. 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Homme said:

Even the quality difference between Joma and Macron is huge. Macron far superior.

All about the best deal for the club though at the end of the day. They will give us more respect than an Adidas, Puma or Nike would.

Joma make first class quality strips : I know because my local team used them for years and one strip lasted two full seasons of full on play. Whether the commercially available stuff is made to the same standard is a different story. 

PhoenixHearts

As far as manufacturers go, Joma is fine. Nothing special but not as bad as some suggest. Much worse tinpot brands around like Legea, Sondico, Craft, Castore etc.

Joma makes bespoke designs for smaller clubs so that's a point in their favour.

It's all moot though because we're almost certainly still Umbro.

(Not ITK, just an educated guess)

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

As far as manufacturers go, Joma is fine. Nothing special but not as bad as some suggest. Much worse tinpot brands around like Legea, Sondico, Craft, Castore etc.

Joma makes bespoke designs for smaller clubs so that's a point in their favour.

It's all moot though because we're almost certainly still Umbro.

(Not ITK, just an educated guess)

Re my post above - we've used Legea because a sponsor has  a has a UK regional deal with them.

Their strips are attrocious and the stuff we've had has never lasted a single season. Probably the worst I've ever seen. 

I wish the club could be supplied with a simple design by the manufacturers to compliment our classy colours.p45057660-1_oslloxe05jjjr7tm.thumb.jpg.267f9cbe0198d11ba21194bb28ebe290.jpg

8424309775575-1_3mmu6do37hlbdgxw.thumb.jpg.f987d4cc985060b955cfc2f880997033.jpg

8424309775889-1_8if2vlluflqahhku.thumb.jpg.59c6fb68d87593994dd822f6ef254bc6.jpg

8424309775247-1_bvzco1c2l6utq2jn.thumb.jpg.364d0ae066f9feefea80ce4b71613a13.jpg

torino-95-away-tags.thumb.jpg.77a149ae427b569e8f0a1e9208762166.jpg

Batistuta87
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

That's the thing that really annoys me. I know I'm a large in Adidas, Nike, and Umbro tops. They are always fairly similarly sized, and it's consistent throughout the years. 

With some pissy wee brand like Joma, it's a total crapshoot if it fits or not.  Might be a large, might be an XL, might be bigger than that. Next year it might be different. It's a complete ballache. 

I really hope these turn out to be some daft cheap training shirts bought for some charity event or something else, and not a sign of things to come for next season. 

Yeah hope so. Surely if the kit was going to be Joma everything would be hidden and not just sitting behind the cash desk in full view of anyone who walks into the shop. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

I wish the club could be supplied with a simple design by the manufacturers to compliment our classy colours.p45057660-1_oslloxe05jjjr7tm.thumb.jpg.267f9cbe0198d11ba21194bb28ebe290.jpg

8424309775575-1_3mmu6do37hlbdgxw.thumb.jpg.f987d4cc985060b955cfc2f880997033.jpg

8424309775889-1_8if2vlluflqahhku.thumb.jpg.59c6fb68d87593994dd822f6ef254bc6.jpg

8424309775247-1_bvzco1c2l6utq2jn.thumb.jpg.364d0ae066f9feefea80ce4b71613a13.jpg

torino-95-away-tags.thumb.jpg.77a149ae427b569e8f0a1e9208762166.jpg

As an aside I ordered a Torino shirt a while ago in the biggest size they had - which I think was a 3xl - and it was ****ing totey. Was like a L. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, R9. said:

What ball does the Europa conference use ? Could be Joma footballs for the qualifiers. 

Molten.

Placid Casual

Grant Young, author of 51 Shirts, tweeted that we still have a contract with Umbro until the end of next season.

1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

Grant Young, author of 51 Shirts, tweeted that we still have a contract with Umbro until the end of next season.

Fingers crossed. I really like the Umbro kits.

Only thing that makes me think it’s a new sponsor is that we signed a 3 year extension with Umbro in November 2019, assuming the extension became active close season 19/20. That 3 years would take us to close season 22/23.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I've never appreciated umbro so much in my life

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

As an aside I ordered a Torino shirt a while ago in the biggest size they had - which I think was a 3xl - and it was ****ing totey. Was like a L. 

Done the exact same many years ago and that was me in my slim days. 

Those Italians with their sizing. 

Had to send the tops back, too small, they didn't make XXXXXL 😄

I'm no expert on surprise kit launches and the secrecy tactics involved in them but I'm making a wild guess that sending a box covered in Joma branding via the Royal Mail wouldn't be part of it. 

46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've never appreciated umbro so much in my life

I'd never wear their stuff in day to day life but for football shirts they are at least pretty decent. I used to not like having them make our shirts but they've done us well. If we did go to someone else and it wasn't Adidas/similar I don't think many people would be happy. Rangers have had an absolute nightmare with castore.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I'd never wear their stuff in day to day life but for football shirts they are at least pretty decent. I used to not like having them make our shirts but they've done us well. If we did go to someone else and it wasn't Adidas/similar I don't think many people would be happy. Rangers have had an absolute nightmare with castore.

rangers were castore first football kit and by their own admission they under estimated demand and ****ed it up.  

however, was down at Newcastle in Feb and bought my son their top and it is really excellent quality 

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I'm no expert on surprise kit launches and the secrecy tactics involved in them but I'm making a wild guess that sending a box covered in Joma branding via the Royal Mail wouldn't be part of it. 

Let's hope not haha. Joma might be ok but it's just un cool. 

Could always be worse:

walsall_fc_2023_24_errea_home_away_third

Walsall letting us know exactly where they have bought their new season's kits from. 

Imagine walking around in that :vrface:

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

rangers were castore first football kit and by their own admission they under estimated demand and ****ed it up.  

however, was down at Newcastle in Feb and bought my son their top and it is really excellent quality 

That's good to know actually, some of their designs look decent but I saw the horror stories with upside down sponsors, tops falling apart etc.

27 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Could always be worse:

Walsall letting us know exactly where they have bought their new season's kits from. 

:cornette:

58 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Could always be worse:

Trust me, Poundland is posh in Walsall. 

been here before
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Could always be worse:

No worse, and in many ways better, than Wonga.

The only top I never bought my laddies. Alright they might have helped us a bit in the end but what a ****in beamer to have it on our tops.

Midloth_Iain
2 minutes ago, R9. said:

That O’Neils who make Partick signed a deal with Falkirk for next 5 years never heard of them before, I wonder if they are local

one of the largest sports wear suppliers in Ireland, been around a very long time

lisburnjambo
5 minutes ago, R9. said:

That O’Neils who make Partick signed a deal with Falkirk for next 5 years never heard of them before, I wonder if they are local

ONeills is a Irish supplier

they supply mainly to GAA Teams

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)