Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

chuck berrys hairline

I'd happily two foot some of these chunts in public. They don't realise how lucky they have it. Choose to hold the club to ransom and there will be a backfire from the fans!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

David McCaig
14 minutes ago, flecktimus said:
Leave for free? I suspect that many Hearts fans would be more than happy to give them that guarantee.
Quote Tweet

C4Qmc3DJ_normal.jpg

stephen.mcgowan

@mcgowan_stephen
· 1h
Hearts players will seek guarantees they can leave for free in return for taking wage cuts.

If they want to leave for free, screw the wage cuts and just clause 12 them.  Why waste a penny more than we have to!!

eyesandears

Note to all the Heart of Midlothian Football Club players from all supporters of Heart of Midlothian Football Club:

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR CLUB CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CLUB.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

Was that offered to everyone ? They’d have known a fee had been offered for Washington, would they really let him leave for nothing. Maybe they would. I wouldn’t have. Most of the rest it wouldn’t be an issue with.

Go on the official site and you'll see what was offered with the (then) 50% cut and they would have known about any offer.

Geordie Jambo

Many fans are either on furlough, lost their jobs or on reduced money.   I have lost all support for any player that is wanting to fight this.

Batistuta87

There's at least half a dozen that I would be glad to see the back of right now.

I don't think I would be totally gutted to see anyone go but there are obviously players I would prefer to keep. It's absolutely no secret that collectively they're not good enough so some of them have to be moved on. 

I have a feeling Hickey's agent (his Dad) will talk him into jumping at the earliest opportunity unfortunately. That'll be disappointing but it's a situation we've been in before and have bounced back from.

Can't wait for the exodus of these eejits. Complete lack of social awareness. 

Who in their right mind will want to sign them? Players wages will be hugely shrunk in the next few years right across the board. 

Nae luck yah dicks :pleasing:

The guys that stay will have my full support as obviously they aren't total knobs.

Players want guarantees they can leave for free :rofl:

I will also throw in I will personally drive the players to any club that is stupid enough to take any of our wasters on a free. 

eyesandears

Dear Hearts players as you stay at home with your families in comfort with the biggest task you have ahead being 45 minutes of exercise have a look at just two of the bruised, exhausted and colourless faces of front line medical staff. Now if you still feel comfortable and believe you can't take up to a 30% (maximum) TEMPORARY WAGE CUT then Hearts is certainly not the club for you. If you can re-connect with the real world in the next 6 hours then PLEASE do the right thing for our club.

27039610-8208033-image-a-37_1586518410423.jpgdoctors and nurses after gruelling hospital shifts covid19 coronavirus 11 Gallery of Heroes: Doctors and Nurses After Gruelling Shifts Battling Covid 19

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I will also throw in I will personally drive the players to any club that is stupid enough to take any of our wasters on a free. 

At 5.01pm tonight we should invoke article 12. Free the lot of them. Playing staff and management. 

By the time football restarts we'll have had plenty time to rebuild the management structure and recruit a new squad for the championship.

I would not waste a single dime of whatever money the club has on these jokers. 

5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Other clubs will be in the same position, or worse, than us and will also have to shed players so I can't imagine ther'll be a glut of clubs who want new players.  Even if they do it will amost certainly not be clubs who are paying more than us.

I think the PFA have clearly taken the position that players don't need to take pay cuts. 

And all the talk from England has been basically to say the same. 

Just really likes of Juventus, Barcelona etc that really went for it (and Celtic). 

Edited by Mikey1874

The difficulty is the players we would want to keep , e.g. Hickey, Smith etc could be im demand and leave for free and all the Shite will take the hit because they know they've no chance of getting a move . An agent or two could be rubbing their hands with this situation tbh . Namely Hickeys for one . 

Chuck the muppets in the bin.  You would have to be an absolute roaster to not take a wage cut at this time having underperformed the majority of your contract (not that that even matters). 

Would love to hear them come out and explain their reasoning for it..........be man enough to stand by your actions and speak to us

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

At 5.01pm tonight we should invoke article 12. Free the lot of them. Playing staff and management

By the time football restarts we'll have had plenty time to rebuild the management structure and recruit a new squad for the championship.

I would not waste a single dime of whatever money the club has on these jokers. 

Not them all, surely?

For a start Stendel is taking no wages and Naismith, Levein and MacPhee have accepted half pay.  The latter 2 will be leaving shortly so presumably we'll only be paying them for a few more weeks anyway.

They really are a disgusting lot of selfish individuals. 

Its easy PR. They've had a shit season, take a cut suddenly you're one of the good guys and the idiots couldn't even see that :facepalm: 

As far as their 'demands' go, they can go **** themselves. This shouldn't be a negotiation. Either you get some of the wages you don't deserve or none of the wages. 

The likes of Hickey, Irving etc. will still be on kids wages so won't be eligible for a cut. You're talking senior players Clare, Uche, Bozanic, Garuccio etc. 

fabienleclerq

Can someone clarify if we suspend their wages ares they then essentially free agents? Or under contract but not receiving pay until the league is no longer suspended? 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Can someone clarify if we suspend their wages ares they then essentially free agents? Or under contract but not receiving pay until the league is no longer suspended? 

I'm sure they will still be our players.  If they were free we would not need to suspend pay.

How much do gas guzzling 4x4s averaging 30 miles an hour for both you and the wife cost in fuel costs

No nursery fees.

No visits to the tattoo shop for you and the wife.

Cut back on the bling.

Or the spa.

Shouldn't be boozing anyway.

And so on.....

Very simplistic I know and not all players are the same stereotypyes.

Hagar the Horrible

By the time next season kicks in, there will be less clubs?  Clubs that has squads of around 50+  will have squads of around 30, No new contract unless some player is exceptional will have a salary >= the one they had?  In the English Championship alone there will be in excess of about 400 players looking for contracts/clubs, probably about the same in Scotland.  The surviving clubs will be able to look at the Waitrose shelves for well packaged players  rather than farmfoods wheely bins.  A lot of agents will need to be realy creative finding work for their poor wee pampered lambs and have a near impossible job of explaining the real world to them.

There are some realist players out there, like Dickamona and Naismith?  but the PFA and the players themselves has made their profession the private traffic wardens in terms of popularity.  It is a priviledge to wear the jersey of any club,  And the pubs are full of old drunk guys who USED to be somebody back in the DAY,  no longer hero worshipped.   Money has made the beautiful game ugly, very few will come out of this well

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

How much do gas guzzling 4x4s averaging 30 miles an hour for both you and the wife cost in fuel costs

No nursery fees.

No visits to the tattoo shop for you and the wife.

Cut back on the bling.

Or the spa.

Shouldn't be boozing anyway.

And so on.....

Very simplistic I know and not all players are the same stereotypyes.

Its not even that, its the fact fans are losing 20% of their comparatively meagre salaries or are self employed so aren't working and therefore earning. The players who earn far more than their ability should allow are refusing any compromise. They are actually delusional. Perhaps Ann should send the players refusing a cut down to the royal to explain to the workers there why they think they are entitled to a full wage in this crisis.   

They are so out of touch its embarrassing. They've let the club and fans down big time and are on large basic wages which means a deferment is only going to cause bigger issues down the road when we have a 7 figure bill coming due. A cut probably puts them on a par with most other SPFL players without a cut. 

Arseholes of the highest order. Shouldn't be seen in maroon again. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

What annoys me is that Budge will remain open to them even if they refuse. I.e they will get article 12'd then a month later when they have **** all coming in decide 'aw naw wait a sec'. It shouldn't be a forgiving situation. Cuts or article 12. No grey area. Its weak. What incentive do they have to agree if they can play chicken, be run over then get back up after it? **** them. Cut or nothing!

David McCaig

1 minute ago, OTT said:

What annoys me is that Budge will remain open to them even if they refuse. I.e they will get article 12'd then a month later when they have **** all coming in decide 'aw naw wait a sec'. It shouldn't be a forgiving situation. Cuts or article 12. No grey area. Its weak. What incentive do they have to agree if they can play chicken, be run over then get back up after it? **** them. Cut or nothing!

I agree, we should name and shame and anyone who refuses a cut, should be told that their career at Hearts is over!!

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not them all, surely?

For a start Stendel is taking no wages and Naismith, Levein and MacPhee have accepted half pay.  The latter 2 will be leaving shortly so presumably we'll only be paying them for a few more weeks anyway.

All them. 

The club has been regressing for 2 seasons on the park and hadn't improved in reality since Stendel came in. It's clearly not working on any level. 

Rip it up. Start again. 

Captain Canada

There's a handful out of the squad of 35 I'd keep. I'm happy for the rest to take their chances as free agents asap. 

3 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Anyone with contacts in the know on here who can confirm which players are for and against the cuts?

Judging by Anns statement saying up to 30% based on salary, you would assume it’s the top earners. I don’t imagine many players kicking off over a 10% cut surely, although nothing would surprise me with this group. 

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Article 12 means suspension of pay so we don't have an option unless the player agrees to terminate their contract. It's not a matter of forgiveness.

On 25/04/2020 at 11:55, JAMBONI said:

Thanks for the information. 👍👍

I would prefer we stop talking about wage cuts and players looking to leave if they're wages are reduced. Under the terms of their contracts, their current wage is exactly £0. We don't need to 'invoke' article 12, it's already part of the existing contracts. Far from cutting their wages the club is effectively offering to pay them money they're not contractually owed while football is suspended. 

The players asking about the free to leave thing must have been approached by other clubs. I laughed at the Ollie McBurnie story about how he met with Steven Gerrard in Dubai whilst over there for a boys holiday. Literally sitting in a hotel room with a manager of another club discussing terms, arranged by his agent, with no official approach to his club. Kyle Lafferty sitting in the car park at Murray Park waiting on us agreeing to send him. Him sitting in on video analysis, still a Hearts player. Didn’t even have to negotiate terms as he all ready knew exactly what was being offered. Boyce and Smith to Stoke would be my guess. Hickey to Celtic. Halkett back to Livingston. Clare back down south. 

Ive never disliked a group of hearts players as much as this one. 

9 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Article 12 means suspension of pay so we don't have an option unless the player agrees to terminate their contract. It's not a matter of forgiveness.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-update

'To reiterate, this is the least palatable of the viable options available to us and even if this is ultimately the route we have to take, we would continue to be open to dialogue with individual players on a month-by-month basis.' 

3rd paragraph from bottom, suggests to me that a door does remain open. My understanding is that article 12 is entirely the clubs prerogative so they can unsuspend at will. 

Edited by OTT

We should probably wait and see who agrees to what before naming players and slaughtering them tbh.  As I said before, the stories just seem like clickbait. And if it transpires to be true it'll come out in the wash who deserves stick without the need for a witch hunt before we know.

magicjohnston

The real world, people take 80% with furlough. Happy to.keep their jobs, and a decent income for not actually having to work. Overpaid and underperforming hearts players, won't accept a very reasonable deal, which if people didn't take in the real world they are likely to be made unemployed. Quite happy to see the back of most of them tbh.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The big problem for players after when football re-starts is that clubs will most likely go to smaller squads. There are players at Hearts who might have played their last game. 

I don't think there's any "might have" about it, Mike.

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-update

'To reiterate, this is the least palatable of the viable options available to us and even if this is ultimately the route we have to take, we would continue to be open to dialogue with individual players on a month-by-month basis.' 

3rd paragraph from bottom, suggests to me that a door does remain open. My understanding is that article 12 is entirely the clubs prerogative so they can unsuspend at will. 

I thought you meant we should just terminate their contracts.

Fair enough although I think if they agree to the pay cut at any date I don't see how we could really refuse it given it's exactly what we're looking for.

21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

All them. 

The club has been regressing for 2 seasons on the park and hadn't improved in reality since Stendel came in. It's clearly not working on any level. 

Rip it up. Start again. 

This is where I am.  Why should we give a shit about any single player?  They are all responsible for us being trash this season, it’s a disgrace we are bottom of the league whilst they have all been taking their bloated wages home.

get them all to ****. 

4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I thought you meant we should just terminate their contracts.

Fair enough although I think if they agree to the pay cut at any date I don't see how we could really refuse it given it's exactly what we're looking for.

I just think from a negotiating stand point, it doesn't help in getting this through. If you know you can be greedy and fail then still get what was on offer, you're hardly going to be incentivised to do the right thing. 

5 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

The real world, people take 80% with furlough. Happy to.keep their jobs, and a decent income for not actually having to work. Overpaid and underperforming hearts players, won't accept a very reasonable deal, which if people didn't take in the real world they are likely to be made unemployed. Quite happy to see the back of most of them tbh.

Those palyers who have so far refused to accept the deal on offer are now suggesting that in return for accepting they want to be able to leave at the end of the season on a free transfer.

Two of the players mentioend were Souttar and Halkett although the article did not suggest they were the players inolved it referred to them as the sort of assets that could leave!!!!

I think if truth be known we would not miss most of the players we currently have in our squad and we know that Naismith is not one of those disputing the deal and he is one of our best even though he has not hit the same form prior to his last injury.

25 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I would prefer we stop talking about wage cuts and players looking to leave if they're wages are reduced. Under the terms of their contracts, their current wage is exactly £0. We don't need to 'invoke' article 12, it's already part of the existing contracts. Far from cutting their wages the club is effectively offering to pay them money they're not contractually owed while football is suspended. 

Very valid and good point. Also as AB said these very same players have been happy taking money when not part of the first team squads.

heisenberg86
3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Over 100 years ago, the players of Heart of Midlothian, top of the league at the time, signed up en masse to fight for their country.

Today, whilst not at war, we have players unwilling to ‘lose’ any wages whilst the rest of us are being made redundant or furloughed from work. Players that have by and large been the worst in the league for 18 months.

I ****in despise them. 

this in spades 

annushorribilis III
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Those palyers who have so far refused to accept the deal on offer are now suggesting that in return for accepting they want to be able to leave at the end of the season on a free transfer.

Two of the players mentioend were Souttar and Halkett although the article did not suggest they were the players inolved it referred to them as the sort of assets that could leave!!!!

I think if truth be known we would not miss most of the players we currently have in our squad and we know that Naismith is not one of those disputing the deal and he is one of our best even though he has not hit the same form prior to his last injury.

How do you know this ?

It doesn't seem logical to me to negotiate a contract release when there is going to be a massive glut of players out of work soon.

Assuming that is what (some) players want where do they think they're going to find a club any time soon and on what kind of wages ?

Even if we want to sell , who is going to buy when there is no likelihood of a start date for next season. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

I can't imagine Souttar is one wanting to go given how we have stood by him, however if he is then not the type of person we want at club anyway.

Edited by steve123

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

Naismith is a millionaire. He could never work again and be financially secure. I'd imagine his reduced salary is still more than almost every player in our squad at full pay too.

Maybe but he still led by example as did the Manager.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

Note to all the Heart of Midlothian Football Club players from all supporters of Heart of Midlothian Football Club:

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR CLUB CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CLUB.

Your final sentence hits the nail on the head at this time of global crisis. However what chance do you have when you've got batshit thick players, agents and union officials hell bent on being selfish. 

Invoke article 12 on the shit players we want rid of.The ones we can get a fee for ,pay full wages and put up for sale thus exposing them all for the chancers they are.

6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

How do you know this ?

It doesn't seem logical to me to negotiate a contract release when there is going to be a massive glut of players out of work soon.

Assuming that is what (some) players want where do they think they're going to find a club any time soon and on what kind of wages ?

Even if we want to sell , who is going to buy when there is no likelihood of a start date for next season. 

It's taken from the Daily Mail (not my choice of newspaper if you can call it that) but that's where I saw it online.

Hearts players will demand the right to free transfers this summer in return for taking wage cuts under duress.

Owner Ann Budge has warned that she will suspend player salaries unless they accept reductions of between 10 and 30 per cent. A deadline of 5pm on Monday has been set for agreement.

The Tynecastle chair insists cuts - and not the wage deferrals seen elsewhere - are the only way to preserve the Gorgie club's future in the face of the coronavirus pandemic. Facing relegation if the SPFL call the Premiership based on current standings the Edinburgh club face a £3million financial hit.

6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

How do you know this ?

If it is true it shows how far removed these players are from reality. What little sympathy I had is pretty much gone.