Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Clause 12 them.  I don’t give a shite if we lose a transfer fee and they walk away for free. They have been bloody useless to a man for this club. In fact I would welcome it. Don’t accept a 10-30% pay cut ? Well piss off then. They’ve been a bloody embarrassment anyway and a disgrace to the jersey. I’d be delighted to see the back of them. Who the hell wants that lot playing for promotion ?  Clause 12 them straight after tonight’s deadline please

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Let's hope as many of these lemmings walk over the cliff as possible. Come October they will be back in the press whinging about football not being back this year. 

Who the **** is going to sign you and pay you the wages you think you'll get?

:rofl:

Here is the news for the dumb ****s... you're up shit creek.    But crack on and refuse a bit of stability.     

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-remain-collision-course-pay-21929529

Daily Record running that some players are refusing cuts. They want wage referrals. 

The more I look at this, the more I feel that there has been a collective failure in Scottish football to grasp the reality of the situation about to strike it. In a way I understand the players position, other clubs of similar size are offering wage defferals (i.e. Hibs,) so why should they have their wages cut without the money returned. But they are looking at clubs are currently regretting taking that decision and scrambling to get something. Its clear that Dempster has realised the reality of situation hence that she is desperate for football to return. The PFA of Scotland is deluding itself that this will be fine and defferals will work when what could happen is that players lose all their wages if article 12 is brought into play. Also you can have a strong hand against a club if they are the only club in financial difficulty, but football is about to go into a situation when all clubs are financially struggling, meaning you are playing with a strong hand against your employer ("if you dont pay me, I will end the contract and go to another club who will play me more.")

I do think when the dust settles, Hearts will be seen as the club who saw what was coming and acted accordingly.

We will never get that praise regardless of how correct it was at the time.

I’d keep Michael Smith as Captain.

The rest of the charlatans can **** right off. Get a team full of young Edinburgh laddies who want to play for Hearts, sprinkle in one or two old heads and let’s have another season like 14/15. I would ****in love this outcome 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But AB already gave that option and the only taker was Dikamona.

Was that offered to everyone ? They’d have known a fee had been offered for Washington, would they really let him leave for nothing. Maybe they would. I wouldn’t have. Most of the rest it wouldn’t be an issue with.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

I’d keep Michael Smith as Captain.

The rest of the charlatans can **** right off. Get a team full of young Edinburgh laddies who want to play for Hearts, sprinkle in one or two old heads and let’s have another season like 14/15. I would ****in love this outcome 👍🏻

Even if he's one of the "let us walk" brigade? He can eff off as well.

Skivingatwork

If we were occupying one of the top three places in the league I could possibly see the players position in that they’ve performed well for the club this season. However, to be sitting bottom of that league with some amount of sh**e sitting above us then by all means walk. The league table doesn’t lie and after 30 games we wouldn’t be any worse off had we picked the first 11 boys through the turnstiles each week. Absolutely embarrassing from the players...

Horatio Caine

It beggars belief that they think they should refuse to take a wage cut.  Fine then.  Take a complete cut and ply your trade elsewhere.  As others have said, when the dust has settled, there will be players who actually want to play for us and wear the jersey.  If we end up a division down, they can get that space to gel and mature together as a team, then be all the stronger for it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

KTHXBAI

Honestly, the only players I'd be sorry to lose are Smith, Hickey, Boyce and Naismith. Couldn't give a flying one about anyone else.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

If she applies article 12 are players free to leave..?

39 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The bit from the article,

A source close to the negotiations told The Daily Mail: "The issue of suspending contracts is not as straightforward as clubs like Hearts seem to think. Failure to pay players their full salary as agreed raises the question of whether their registration is still valid and whether Hearts can still ask for a fee if they opt to leave in return for taking a cut."

Some media have reported there is a FIFA clause that potentially allows players to come out of their contract if their wages are cut.

Win win for us. 

But reading this we are following FIFA guidelines in doing everything to get agreement.

Edited by Mikey1874

husref musemic
25 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Over 100 years ago, the players of Heart of Midlothian, top of the league at the time, signed up en masse to fight for their country.

Today, whilst not at war, we have players unwilling to ‘lose’ any wages whilst the rest of us are being made redundant or furloughed from work. Players that have by and large been the worst in the league for 18 months.

I ****in despise them. 

well said. 

Mercenaries. Their greed threatening the existence of our great club. Not one so far has broken ranks to say I'm volunteering for a cut to help out like Naismith did. scumbags.

no wonder teams turned up for an easy three points. A disgrace to the jersey 

There is literally nothing in that story from The Sun other than conjecture.  They know nothing more than anyone else.  

David McCaig
42 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hardly shop window stuff, coming up here with a reputation and being complicit with your team getting relegated.  Why would any English club take these huddies on?  If they can't stay up in the Scottish Prem, what makes them think they'll bring anything to English Championship or League One?

We keep saying that no one could get a tune out of squad of players... but:

Glenn Whelan has gone to L1 Fleetwood and played every minute of every game for a side on a storming run into the playoffs

Christophe Berra has gone to Dundee and conceded 1 goal in 7 game (16 minutes into debut)

Craig Wighton has been starring for an Arbroath knocking on the door of the play offs

Michael Smith. John Souttar, Conor Washington, Liam Boyce, Donis Avdijaj and Steven Naismith are current international players and Ryatoro Meshino is a £1m. Even Craig Halkett was in the SPL Team of the Year last season and Hickey is our best young outfield player in a generation.

Controversial I know, but maybe the problem is that we have had two horrifically bad Managers this season?

That said any player not willingly taking a wage cut should be finished at Hearts!!

Edited by David McCaig

132goals1958
1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Sums up my thoughts well.

While most of the country is thankful it can receive 80% of their salary if they are lucky, or in my case, hope that I can get some funding from the government in June for being self employed, footballer's are getting 100% for doing nothing. 

If any player refuses to take even a 10% cut, then the clause should be invoked. 

Im not one for attacking footballers and the money they make, but they have to do something here. 

Due to the progressive nature of the tax system the reductions will be less than the  per - centage requested. When millions of low paid workers are grateful to be furloughed their attitude is nothing short of disgusting. The bottom line is they are off work yet still think we should incur an ongoing liability that becomes unsustainable and tips us over the edge. 

I understand everyone lives in comparison to the wage they are paid and players may have a higher standard of living. I would understand more if these players were doing well and pushing up the league. Based on performances then they deserve the cuts alone. They can argue all they want but budge is right in my opinion to cut rather than defer and if it means some leave then they dont want to be here anyway. 

You have naisy who takes a 50% cut and stendel working for free....says it all

I think I'm a bit thick as I don't understand how tearing up a contract and be unemployed for next two or three months is better than taking pay cut of 10-30 per cent of you salary for next two or three months.  Obviously I'm not clever enough to be a footballer.

Selkirk_Jambo
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

KTHXBAI

Honestly, the only players I'd be sorry to lose are Smith, Hickey, Boyce and Naismith. Couldn't give a flying one about anyone else.

Add in Souttar and a few of the younger lads and I'm in agreement.

Shower of chancing arseholes.

4 minutes ago, RENE said:

I think I'm a bit thick as I don't understand how tearing up a contract and be unemployed for next two or three months is better than taking pay cut of 10-30 per cent of you salary for next two or three months.  Obviously I'm not clever enough to be a footballer.

The big problem for players after when football re-starts is that clubs will most likely go to smaller squads. There are players at Hearts who might have played their last game. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m genuinely disgusted with our players

It helps explain why we are where we are.

We have a squad full of:

- thick

- selfish

- ego driven

- insensitive

- mercenary 

- disrespectful

- self indulgent

players.

And the fact that everyone outside Hearts seems to be taking their side just makes me sick. 

Scotland preaches to the whole world how “progressive” it is socially, and then football comes along....

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Add in Souttar and a few of the younger lads and I'm in agreement.

Shower of chancing arseholes.

Bearing in mind that Souttar has benefitted more than any other player in the squad from our wage structure of a low bonus/high basic salary.

David McCaig
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It helps explain we are where we are.

We have a squad full of:

- thick

- selfish

- ego driven

- insensitive

- mercenary 

- disrespectful

- self indulgent

players.

And the fact that everyone outside Hearts seems to be taking their side just makes me sick. 

Scotland preaches to the whole world how “progressive” it is socially, and then football comes along....

It shows that all that motivates players is cash and shows that our progressive policy of paying high basic salaries is complete madness.

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm looking forward to all these clubs rushing to make signings in the current climate. :rolleyes:

Spot on Geoff.  Until football starts up again, all these clubs would be doing is taking on our wage liabilities.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The big problem for players after when football re-starts is that clubs will most likely go to smaller squads. There are players at Hearts who might have played their last game. 

Smaller and younger

I am aware we are trying to get our academy first squad players contracts extended at present.

This will suit Stendel, who I am aware is very keen to stay.

I wouldn’t give a shit if ANYONE connected to the club left on a free.

Even Hickey who is pretty much 30% celtics player.

The majority are injury prone losers who have been paid handsomely to lead us to bottom of the league ffs.  I would be delighted if every single one of them walked out, been an utter embarrassment to the badge for 18 months.  ****ing losers the lot of them. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

It shows that all that motivates players is cash and shows that our progressive policy of paying high basic salaries is complete madness.

I don’t think this situation merits turning the argument against Budge mate.

The players have been handsomely rewarded for failure - they need to take personal responsibility particularly because they are treated better than other teams players.

We have shown them we are more than fair - they are now effectively spitting in the club’s face.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who knew the one thing that united Kickback was our contempt for the arseholes that make up the squad? :laugh:

As much as I am desperate for many to go I predict that every single player accepts the cuts. This is their agents trying it on with the club. 

These charlatans are being offered a large part of their wages to sit on their arses for the next (probably) 6 months,I find it impossible to feel any degree of sympathy!

We’re all suffering and most have little or no safety net,we contribute through season tickets,FoH and a lot more to help the well being of our club.This group of players have produced some of the most inept football I’ve witnessed in 40 odd years following Hearts,I find it galling that they can’t see the bigger picture in the all this and accept the position they’ve left the club in.

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out,you won’t be missed!

David McCaig
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think this situation merits turning the argument against Budge mate.

The players have been handsomely rewarded for failure - they need to take personal responsibility particularly because they are treated better than other teams players.

We have shown them we are more than fair - they are now effectively spitting in the club’s face.

I'm not criticising Budge as such, I was being complimentary when I described the policy as progressive.

Its just another example of Budge trying to do the right thing and being stabbed in the back.  Any criticism here is 100% aimed at the players.

That said going forward any future contracts have to return to the industry norm.

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

As much as I am desperate for many to go I predict that every single player accepts the cuts. This is their agents trying it on with the club. 

From what Ann Budge said seems like they can still agree after today. 

Said she would remain in contact with every player.

Edited by Mikey1874

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who knew the one thing that united Kickback was our contempt for the arseholes that make up the squad? :laugh:

Hopefully Ann Budge realises that she has our total support to take the strongest possible action.

It may well be worth our while being as confrontational as possible with players in the hope that they agree a contract termination in a fit of pique.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

An element of truth in this.  I suspect the fact that the English leagues are back in training with a view to playing out the end of the season and being able to kick on with 2020/21 way before us is fuelling it.  This of course assumes that the likes of Halkett, Souttar, Boyce and Washington are happy slugging it out in league 1 or 2 down south next year, because they won't be playing at a higher level than that.

Just takes the UK Govt to come out and say lockdown is extended to the end of the year (meaning no sport of any kind being played even behind closed doors) and they'll be quick to take the wage cut over deferral.  

Haringshairband

I'd be over the moon to see the majority of these arseholes leave. Selfish beyond belief.

Edited by Haringshairband

The arrogance of some of our players is quite incredible. Do they actually realise we are bottom of the league and that is first and foremost because many of them are just not very good? 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

An element of truth in this.  I suspect the fact that the English leagues are back in training with a view to playing out the end of the season and being able to kick on with 2020/21 way before us is fuelling it.  This of course assumes that the likes of Halkett, Souttar, Boyce and Washington are happy slugging it out in league 1 or 2 down south next year, because they won't be playing at a higher level than that.

Just takes the UK Govt to come out and say lockdown is extended to the end of the year (meaning no sport of any kind being played even behind closed doors) and they'll be quick to take the wage cut over deferral.  

I can see the Premier league coming back behind closed doors, but not the leagues below that. From reading what is required for behind closed games with some form of lockdown still going on, it would be far too expensive for lower league teams and impractical to have 92 clubs doing it. So if they are banking on English football returning outside the premier league to be able to keep wages or a move they are deluded.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

husref musemic
16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It helps explain why we are where we are.

We have a squad full of:

- thick

- selfish

- ego driven

- insensitive

- mercenary 

- disrespectful

- self indulgent

players.

spot on. not the characteristics you'd pick to dig you out of trouble.

I'm amazed not one of the duds has come out in the last few days to say - it's them no me, I'm a good guy etc.

clearly nobody gives a Sh°t.

husref musemic
6 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I'll wait until we know the outcome of these negotiations before I comment on the players.

Stephen Naismith concluded negotiations over a month ago !

27 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'm not so sure it's madness - well, it is if it means they're not performing on the park but if we have players motivated by £ signs then we don't have the right players.

High basic and low bonus means that both the club and the players can plan better how much they'll have in their account at any given time.

1985/6 must have been a killer for our finance director! If we'd had a low basic/high bonus system just now, yeah, we'd be quids in but say we went on an unprecedented run winning 15 in a row (yes, I know that's fantasy with this squad!) we'd be on the banes o wir erses!

46 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

KTHXBAI

Same as me.

Considering the utter tosh that's been offered up by these charlatans over the last 18 months, any of them that aren't willing to help the club out in these times can GTF. 

bajthejambo
8 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Stephen Naismith concluded negotiations over a month ago !

Naismith is a millionaire. He could never work again and be financially secure. I'd imagine his reduced salary is still more than almost every player in our squad at full pay too.

I dont think our players understand they are on a higher basic than most other teams, If you are paying them 1 or 2k a week without bonus its easier to defer but not when you are paying the basic wage we are.

Leave for free? I suspect that many Hearts fans would be more than happy to give them that guarantee.
Quote Tweet

C4Qmc3DJ_normal.jpg

stephen.mcgowan

@mcgowan_stephen
· 1h
Hearts players will seek guarantees they can leave for free in return for taking wage cuts.

Gordon Ramsay

Sorry but these useless, injury prone idiots should think themselves lucky at a max 30% deduction. 

An absolute embarrassment to the jersey the whole season and the majority of last season too. 

Another thing to remember is they are doing nothing. Literally nothing. Plenty of people in the UK are still working their arses off and will be earning far less than them even with a 30% reduction. 

Would love to know which players are kicking off about this.